Ice Dancing (Jimin, OC) Part 2

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ring!!!

Maddy groaned as her alarm sounded, violently shaking her from her slumber. Sunlight streamed from her window and she couldn't help but groan some more, thinking how night time flies by too fast these days. She sighed, not wanting to leave the comfort of her warm mattress and soft pillows, and soon she found herself drifting once again—

"Madeleine, if you don't wake up right now I am going to come in and pour a bucket of water over your head!"

Maddy's eyes shot wide open upon hearing her best friend's voice through her bedroom door. Almost instantly, she got up from bed, fighting the dizziness that overcame her.  Despite that, she was able to pad across her bedroom floor and open the door (with much effort) before putting on the most awake expression she could muster on her face.

"Gertrude." She greeted and the other girl scowled, obviously displeased by the sound of her first name.

"What did I say about calling me that?!" She said through gritted teeth and Maddy pressed her lips together to keep from laughing.

"To not ever call you that?" Maddy snorted as she stepped back to let her in.

"Then why do you keep calling me that?"

"Call you what? Gertrude?" Maddy laughed at the face her friend made. "Why do you hate it so much? It's actually a really nice name!"

"You wouldn't be teasing me with it if it was."

"I'm only teasing you ‘cause you hate it so much." Maddy pointed out with a shake of her head. "And what on earth are you doing here threatening me so early in the morning?"

"I have something to tell you."

"It couldn't wait till..." She looked over to her bedside table where her digital clock was blinking 6 A.M. "I don't know, an hour? We go to the same school, Gigi."

"I was going to tell you first thing, but I couldn't wait!" Gigi explained as she sat down on her bed, practically shaking with excitement. Maddy looked over at her and wondered what has gotten her so psyched that she couldn't wait to tell her in school.

"Well what is it?"

"So I know you got into that dance school in Paris—“

"You mean almost got in." Maddy corrected as she held up a finger at her. "You know it's still pending until I find something interesting to add into my application. I mean," she huffed. "I've joined several dance organizations, performed at various plays and competitions... I believe I even killed my choreography video. What more could they want?!"

"Well apparently more, since you know… you're pending..." Maddy glared at her friend for stating the obvious but before she could snap at her, Gigi continued. “What?! The Paris Dance Conservatory is like, one of the most prestigious dance schools in the world! Of course they’ll be meticulous in choosing their students.“

“You’re not really helping my cause here.” Maddy rolled her eyes just as Gigi stood up and began typing on her phone. 

"Oh but I am.” She said a matter of fact. “And your best friend and overall life saviour, Gigi Galloway, has a brilliant idea that will blow. Your. Socks. Off."

Maddy crossed her arms, looking doubtful, but she knew if Gigi was this excited then it should be good.

"What do you have in mind?"

 

~~~

Jimin wasn't sure if this was a good idea or not.

Although, there was one thing he was certain about: he definitely didn't like it.

Yet here he was skating with a girl whose name he couldn't recall nor begin to pronounce.

She's Russian or German or something, he thought as he led her around the ice rink, holding her hand while the other held firmly onto her waist.

A few days ago, Suho came to his house at a very ungodly hour, telling him (quite casually, he might add) that he would be transitioning to the pairs division.

Specifically, the pairs ice dancing division.

It was a bomb dropped out of nowhere and Jimin literally felt the ground shake beneath his feet upon the suggestion.

He has been a single skater ever since and though he was familiar with the dynamics of ice dancing, which basically focused more on synchronization and footwork precision, he wasn't sure how well he could do with a partner considering he had never worked with one; with him having skated alone for years. Sure he could do lifts, but pairs required even more precision in execution since you have to do it at exactly at the same time.

Two bodies moving as one.

In the middle of the rink, Suho watched them with a steady gaze; arms crossed as he observed their movements across the ice.

He frowned, seeing that there was no chemistry at all. Saoirse (the name appearing in his head but unable to even pronounce it correctly) was too strong, overpowering Jimin's movements. It almost seemed like they were trying to show each other off, not exactly skating as one.

"Okay, that's wonderful." Suho said flatly as he beckoned the two skaters forward.

"I think we did great, Jimin." Saoirse cooed and Jimin tried not cringe right there. The woman has been flirting with him since she got here and he figured the only reason why she wanted to skate with him was because she wanted to get into his pants. She was a seasoned ice dancer but she had lost her original partner and was now looking for one. And conveniently so, Jimin and Suho were holding auditions for female skaters to compete with.

Sure she was beautiful, with blonde hair and green eyes, but Jimin wasn't exactly in the mood to date. Not when his whole career was being jeopardized at the moment.

"Hmm." Jimin hummed, forcing a small smile.

"Thank you for taking the time to skate with us, Miss—“ Suho paused, looking at Saoirse expectantly and Jimin tried not to laugh right there because it seemed that he wasn't the only one struggling in pronouncing her surname.

"Wächter." She said, and Jimin thought it sounded way too different from its spelling. "Saoirse Wächter."

"Yes, my apologies." Suho smiled and Jimin knew that was his 'business' smile. "Well, that was a great run. We will get in touch with you very soon once we go through all the skaters."

She smiled as Suho escorted her out of the rink where a girl, her manager, was waiting. Once they were out, Suho returned and saw Jimin already shaking his head.

"I know." Suho held up his hands in surrender. "I saw. You two looked stiff as a rock, it was horrible. Jongin would've fainted looking at you two dance."

Jimin snickered before turning away; sighing heavily as he skated in circles.

"Don't worry, Jimin." Suho assured him. "There's still a few to go through. We'll find her."

"And if we don't?" Jimin snapped but Suho was unfazed by the outburst, having grown used to his complaints through the years. "And come on, coach. There's only what? Less than four months? How could we even be ready in time?"

"Jimin." Suho called but Jimin had already started and he felt his frustration seeping through his system, unable to stop. "You know this would be much easier if you would at least try to really dance with them—“

I don’t want to dance with them, Jimin wanted to say. "Are you even sure this is a good idea?" He said instead. "Singles and pairs aren't much different, hyung. Pairs is actually more difficult since I'm not only minding myself… I have to worry about my partner on the ice too!"

"You know this is a good idea." Suho pressed. "The pairs division is less demanding in terms of jumps, which quite frankly helps your case right now." He explained calmly which made Jimin flush a bright red, half embarrassed and angry at how he had brought that up. "In fact, we're only allowed half jumps for the competition.”

"And that will help me in the long run, how?"

"It's just as competitive as pairs figure, you know that. A season of ice dancing won’t hurt your career. In fact, it will boost you even more. Right after you can return to the single's division and compete again. We just need to give your leg some time to—" Suho paused then sighed, knowing Jimin already got it without having him to say the words out loud. "Besides, you are originally a dancer before you entered figure skating, Jimin. So this isn't exactly out of your league."

Jimin sighed, knowing Suho was right. He had explained it a number of times but he was just too upset at himself to fully accept it.

"This will get you back on track. Rumours are already going around about how you're looking for a skating partner and the press is eating it up. You're the most talked about athlete right now!"

Jimin looked away, clenching his jaw and exhaling through his nose. He hated how Suho had a point and how he was always right about everything.

"Please Jimin, would you work with me here?" The older man pleaded. "This is the best way I can think of to get you the gold you deserve."

At that Jimin looked at his coach, the man who practically raised him when no one could, and felt himself sigh; defeated. He knew his coach meant well and he trusted him fully in the decisions he made for his career. He got him this far, after all.

"I'm sorry. I understand. I'm just—“ he sighed again. "Can we take a break?"

Suho nodded as Jimin skated passed him and exited the ice rink before moving towards the locker rooms. He watched him go with a heavy heart before grabbing his phone from his pocket to check his schedule, and seeing that they have two more skaters to audition this afternoon.

~~~

Spicy or not?

Jungkook has been staring at the ramen shelf for a few minutes now, unsure which flavor to purchase.

He had a couple of Coke bottles in his basket, as well as a few chips since the guys usually stayed at his apartment—mostly to raid his kitchen for food. As team captain and born Boy Scout, he had to be prepared.

Ring....

Not taking his eyes off the shelf, he took out his phone from his pocket and answered, "Yeah?"

"Where are you? I'm hungry."

Jungkook rolled his eyes, biting his tongue to prevent himself from cursing at the guy on the other end of the receiver.

"What am I, your errand boy?" He said instead, still staring at the ramen packs.

"No. But you are younger than me so that gives me a right to boss you around."

"Wow. Thanks, Yoongi hyung." Jungkook said flatly as he took a beef ramen pack that has double the spice content.

"No problem, kiddo. We'll be waiting—“ the sound of glass breaking pierced the receiver and Jungkook felt his heart stop as it was followed by gasps and a few hollers.

"What was that?"

"Uh..." There were whispers and the sound of someone cursing which made Jungkook very worried.

"Hyung—“

"Nothing! Nothing… Drive home safe, Jungkookie!" The line went dead before Jungkook could reply, leaving him growling and shaking his head in frustration.

"That hard to pick ramen?"

Jungkook looked up and almost choked on his spit when the brightest smile was suddenly all he could see in his line of vision, blinding him and leaving him immobile.

Taehyung stood in his white sweater, which had a few holes cut through them. Jungkook's eyes glazed over the slit near his chest, exposing sharp collarbones.

"Uh… Jungkook?"

"Huh?" Jungkook blinked and upon seeing Taehyungms questioning gaze, he realized that he has been staring. "Oh!" He blinked before giving him a small smile. "Hey Tae."

"Hi Jungkookie." Taehyung grinned, his eyes turning into crescents and Jungkook swallowed hard, feeling a block in his throat. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh uh," he lifted the basket. "Just buying some food."

"I know." Taehyung giggled. He actually giggled, Jungkook thought, although it was more of a thought of endearment. "I meant, what are you doing staring at the ramen shelf? You've been here for a while…"

Jungkook was about to answer when he realized, "Wait. How did you know I was? How long have you been looking?"

Taehyung's smile fell from his lips at the realization of his words and his mouth opened to protest, stuttering.

Quite cutely, Jungkook thought.

"I—I mean—I just came in, I swear! And I saw you and you were staring at the shelf real hard." He stuttered then forced out a laugh. But it sounded fake and Jungkook didn't believe it one bit but he figured he’d cut him some slack and let it slide.

"Okay."

They stood there for a few more seconds before Taehyung added, "You should get the extra spicy one." He pointed at the pack on top. "The beef one. It's the best out of all of them. Trust me, I've tried."

Jungkook looked at him before grabbing the pack on the top shelf. He looked at it and nodded.

"Looks good." He glanced at Taehyung with a smile. "Thanks, Tae."

They walked to the cashier together, with Jungkook listening to Taehyung talk about how he's having his own studio made for his fashion stuff. They've known each other for a few years now, and Jungkook knew well about Taehyung’s fashion designing career. His talent impressed him, having seen his sketches once when he came to one of Jimin's practices. Jungkook just happened to arrive early at the rink and saw Taehyung by the bleachers, hunched over his sketchpad.

Flashback

"Wow, I didn't know you could draw."

Taehyung jumped at the voice and saw Jungkook peering over his shoulder. He blushed at their close proximity, but mostly because he was looking over his unfinished sketches.

He might as well been seen in front of him.

"Oh this?" Taehyung tried to cover his work with his hand, blocking it from Jungkook’s view. "It's nothing. It looks bad, I know."

"Bad?" Jungkook held his hand then to stop him, removing it from the page and Taehyung felt his heart race at the contact.  He thought his hand was warm for someone who spends half the time on the ice. "This looks incredible!"

Jungkook was still holding onto his hand and Taehyung could hardly breath. He may or may not have a crush on the city's MVP Hockey player.

"They're really good, Tae!" Jungkook praised as he let go, and Taehyung was mildly disappointed at the loss of warmth. "Are you an art major?"

"I minor in art." Taehyung answered quietly. "I'm more of a fashion designer."

Jungkook's eyes then focused on the sketch and realized that much emphasis was put on the clothes of the person he was drawing. "Really? That's cool."

Taehyung snorted, "Thanks."

"I'm serious." He said and Taehyung could see the sincerity reflected on his doe-shaped eyes. "Really, this looks amazing! I draw a little too but not as good as you."

"I'm sure you're really good too." Taehyung said shyly and this time Jungkook snorted. But before he could respond, his phone rang.

"That's probably Yoongi. It was nice talking to you, Tae. See you around?"

Taehyung nodded and then watched Jungkook leave for the locker rooms, his heart still drumming in his chest.

 

End of flashback

"So what are you getting?"

"What?" Taehyung blinked and looked down, seeing that they were now in front of the cashier.

Jungkook smiled, and Taehyung swore he heard angels singing. "Aren't you getting anything? I mean why'd you come to a convenience store?"

Oh right, Taehyung thought, completely forgetting his main agenda. He looked to the side and grabbed the first thing he saw. "Just came to get something sweet...here!" He showed him a lollipop. "Yep. I'll have this please."

"Can you add that in?" Jungkook told the cashier as he motioned his head towards the candy on Taehyung's hand. The latter's eyes widened before immediately protesting.

"Oh…no, Jungkook it's fine I—"

"It's just a lollipop, Tae." Jungkook smiled at him, causing Taehyung to freeze on the spot, unable to do anything as the cashier punched in the treat. "Plus, consider it a thank you for saving me back there from my ramen crisis."

Taehyung sighed and smiled eventually as Jungkook handed him the lollipop after the cashier had punched it in.

"Thanks." Jungkook said as the man handed him the bag of goods he just bought. He turned to Taehyung then, smiling.

 

God—! Will you stop? Taehyung thought helplessly.

They stayed like that for a while, just staring at each other until the cashier dropped something, causing a racket and breaking the trance.

"I—I'll see you around?" Jungkook said almost shyly and Taehyung nodded; watching him leave the store with the bag in his hand. Once he was out, he exhaled, letting out the breath he was unconsciously holding.

"That went well." Seungkwan, the cashier, snickered and Taehyung pouted before throwing a piece of candy at him. "Hey! You want to pay for that—"

"That went horrible." Taehyung huffed, hoping Jungkook didn't see how totally—obliviously—in love he was with him.

"Nah." Seungkwan waved his hand before turning away and muttering under his breath. "You both had it bad anyway..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter