Ice Dancing (Jimin, OC) Part 1

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: This story will take place in the America as most of the research I made for figure skating were mostly based from US competitions. Just giving you guys a heads up.

 

6 months later

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Jimin sighed as he pulled on the break of his bike before hopping of and parking it by the stairs of the apartment duplex.

The street was empty at this time in the morning, which was around 6:30, and the temperature had gone chilly with Fall approaching.

Though Jimin always did like the cold and decided to idle a while outside, walking across the narrow street where the canal was.

He sat by the bench and watched the still waters, sighing once again. He was forced to go here, though he had to admit he didn't really put up much of a fight.

Suho had caught him skating in the rink a couple of weeks after his leg has completely healed, letting him walk without those damn crutches.

The doctor has given him an order not to exert much on his leg and wait for a month or two before training on the ice again as to prevent further injuries.

But Jimin always has been one to break the rules and skated anyway.

"Jimin!" Suho's voice boomed around the empty ice rink, his face a mask of disappointment and that 'aish! This kind really...” look upon seeing his champion skater, skating on his ice (as funny as that sounded). "What did I just say? You are banned from this arena—"

"But coach—"

"I mean it." Suho stopped sharply in front of him, his skates shredding the ice. "If you want to be able to compete again, you have to let that leg rest."

"It's fine." Jimin said though he knew it was a complete lie for he could still feel a slight ache whenever he tried to bend his knee. He could walk sure… but skate?

Good enough. But he wasn't a 100% sure if he could execute all the jumps flawlessly when his leg easily gets tired at the simplest of exertions.

"Jimin, you have to take a break. Hang out with your friends, do some other things for a bit. You'll be back in the rink soon—"

"I don't want to 'hang out’," Jimin argued stubbornly. "I want to skate, coach. If I want to be able to go to the Olympics I have to start getting into shape. Sectionals are only—"

"Months away and we still have a bit more time. Suho interrupted, silencing him. "We can get you ready. But you have to trust me when I say you have to give this a little bit more time to fully heal." Suho motioned his head towards his right leg. "That's your landing leg, Jimin. I don't want it getting worse—"

"It's fine." Jimin said yet again before skating away, leaving Suho sighing at his stubbornness.

"You leave me with no choice." He muttered before retrieving his phone from his jacket's pockets.

Two days later, Jimin came home to hear his eight-year-old brother, Jacob, laughing and talking animatedly in the kitchen, which scared him a bit because they lived alone and Jimin didn't recall inviting anyone over nor did he allowed Jacob to bring anyone home without his permission. The only person who came to his house freely was Taehyung, and he was away on a school trip for the next two weeks.

"Jay? Who are you—" Jimin stopped upon seeing the visitor; wearing a black apron around his waist, cooking by the stove.

“Jin hyung?"

And just like that, Jimin was suddenly whisked away to Amsterdam.

Jin was their cousin and a model working for various agencies around the globe. He has been a model for several international clothing brands such as Burberry and Giorgio Armani. He was pretty popular and excessively busy with his career, so Jimin was always surprised whenever he came over unexpectedly. And then  Jin would always scold him, defending that he would always make time for his two most favorite cousins in the world.

Although this time, he came with an intention that was to take Jimin away on a vacation. Somewhere he could really relax and not think about skating or anything else for at least a couple of weeks.

There was an emphasis on “not thinking about skating” when Jin told him all about it.

Jin had prepared everything and Suho, the culprit who had called him over, has volunteered to let Jacob stay with him for the time being as he still had school to attend.

Jimin didn't like the idea of leaving his brother but he trusted Suho with his life so he eventually agreed.

And now here he was, a week in and doing nothing but sleeping, biking, and walking around the city. He was living in Jin's place, a really nice duplex at the heart of the peaceful city. One of the perks of being a famous model was having an apartment in almost every great city in existence. Jimin was almost jealous of his hyung.

As Jimin sat by the bench, he suddenly recalled his time at the Rijksmuseum yesterday when one of the tourists recognized him and asked for an autograph. It was almost nice until she asked him:

"So what are you doing now that you're retired?"

Jimin had to excuse himself as politely as he could before leaving the place with a heavy heart. It's only been a few months and people have already forgotten the great skater he once was.

It was heartbreaking.

"Hey, you're up early."

Jimin looked behind him and found Jin with two mugs in his hand. He offered one to him which he took appreciatively.

"Thanks."

"It's great here, isn't it? One of my favorite places." Jin said as he sat beside him on the bench.

“Quiet." Jimin nodded. "I really like it."

“Well, you're always welcome to visit and stay at my place. As much as I love it here, I hardly live in it. Bring Jay sometime."

Jimin nodded with a small smile before turning serious again.

"You okay?"

Jimin sighed heavily. "Not really. Been thinking about… a lot of things."

Jin sighed as he patted the younger's lap before leaning back on the bench. "My manager told me thinking too much causes wrinkles so I try not to do that." He chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

"They think I'm already retired." Jimin suddenly blurted, causing Jin to frown slightly. "How am I suppose to get back on the ice now when people have already stopped believing I—" he huffed while Jin remained quiet and listened intently. "It's over, hyung. My figure skating career is over—"

"Now hold on a second. You are what? Twenty-one? You're young Jimin and are definitely not retiring." Jin smacked him upside on the head and the younger glared at him in return. "Stop being dramatic and exaggerating your little accident."

"But it's true!" Jimin argued. "I won't be able to be ready in time for sectionals and I have to win nationals if I want to get into the Olympics—"

"This is coming front the same boy who never thought he could be a world champion and yet became the youngest in history to get the title...twice." Jin emphasized  which silenced Jimin. "You give yourself way less credit than you should. Maybe you should try being confident in your talents for once, Jimin—not to mention your determination." He said. "You are a gifted skater..."

Jimin looked away, clenching his jaw as he stared at the canal. A boat was floating pass as he let his cousin's words sink into his system.

"And I know your parents would’ve been really proud of you..." Jin added. "Jacob idolises you! And I'm so proud of how you've managed to raise him well despite being so young and busy with training. If youc an do that, you can get through this too, Jimin. Because no one deserves that gold more than you do."

At his words Jimin felt tears pricking his eyes and the older man let his arms envelope his shoulders, pulling him in for a half hug.

"Thanks hyung." Jimin sniffed.

"No problem kiddo."

Right then, a spark of hope ignited in Jimin's heart. And he hoped it would be enough to light his passion for skating once again.

 

 

~~~

2 months later

Academy of Arts and Dance

Minnesota, USA

Feel the music.

Maddy opened her eyes when the music started, raising her arms as she began to execute the choreography. It was one of her favorites: The Nutcracker Suite by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.

The Nutcracker was one of the most common ballet suite’s out there but Maddy loved this particular one simply because it was her first lead in a ballet. She could still remember being given the role of Clara when she was fourteen years old. It was a big role to play and she never dreamt it would be given to her at her age then. And yet her dance teacher, Madame Sutton, had entrusted the character into her little pointe shoes and as expected, Maddy did not disappoint and even received a standing ovation.

The studio was empty apart from herself and the piano sitting at the corner. Rehearsals ended half an hour ago but Maddy decided to stay for a while to practice some more.

Let your body take over.

She stretched her right leg to the side, doing a Tondu, before lifting herself up on her pointe shoes.  Maddy danced her way across the floors, letting the music take her to a distant place where only she could see… a world within reality, but playing by the edge of one’s dreams and unconscious desires.

As the music escalated, Maddy felt herself drifting and losing herself in the dance—her body settling in its own rhythm. In the studio, it was only she and the dance with the music orchestrating the relationship. Maddy could dance all night long if she could; dance to her heart’s content till her feet bled or till her legs go numb.

She was a born dancer and she already knew this was what she wanted to do for the rest of her life.

The music ended, leaving her panting and breathless in the middle of the dance floor. She closed her eyes and counted to ten to calm her breathing, holding her last position.

Claps suddenly pierced the empty studio, making her jump slightly and when she turned, she relaxed upon seeing a familiar face.

“Beautiful! As always.” Mathieu smiled as he walked into the room, cane in hand while the other held a golden pocket watch. Maddy wasn’t sure why he always had it, though she figured it was a family heirloom or something.

Mathieu was the resident pianist of the dance school she trains in. He was a French middle-aged man with greying hair and a beard to match. He was also one of the warmest and kindest people Maddy has ever known and he had played for the academy since she was in middle school when their other pianist, Mr. Romano, resigned and returned to Italy to take care of his mother.

“Monsieur Matt.” Maddy smiled while executing a ballet curtsy. “How are you this evening?”

“You are oddly chipper, Madeleine.” Mathieu chuckled as he sat by the piano. He palced his cane to the side and lifted the fallboard. “Did you do well on your Science test this morning?”

“I actually did better than I had expected.”

“You got a C?”

“A B minus.” Maddy cheered, making the older man laugh.

“Well congratulations, darling.” He began playing a random tune and she immediately found herself swaying and dancing along. “So how are your applications coming along?”

Maddy paused then sighed upon the mention of her college applications. “You know… still going.”

“Haven’t heard from them yet?” Mathieu asked while Maddy shook her head sadly. “Cheer up, ma belle. These things take time.”

“I know…I just. Some schools already offered me scholarships, you know? But I really want to go to PDC...” She huffed. PDC, or The Paris Dance Conservatory, is one of the top three most prestigious dance schools in the whole world. Ever since Maddy began her ballet training, she had wanted to go there. She was lucky that her mother supported her dream even if it meant working two jobs to support her ballet training.

After long hard years, it was finally paying off for as senior year came, Maddy was receiving offers from prestigious dance schools left and right. And she couldn’t have been more grateful.

But the one school she wanted to study in has still yet to give her a notification on her pending application.

“You’ll get it.” Matthieu encouraged. “You are a gifted dancer. And they will see that.”

Maddy smiled at him thankfully just as her phone sounded from across the room. She skipped towards her bag and grabbed her phone, assuming it must be her mother calling.

She looked down at the screen and saw her mom’s contact name before swiping her thumb to the right and answering, “Hey mom. I know it’s late but I’m at the studio and I was just about to—“

“Maddy! You got come home quick! The letter came!!!”

Maddy’s eyes widened at her mother’s announcement. Matthieu raised his eyebrows at her questioningly, though she could hardly breathe to give him a proper response.

“O—okay, I’m coming. Don’t open it.”

“You kidding? My hands are shaking I can’t even touch it!” Her mother laughed. “Hurry!”

Maddy didn’t waste a second and hung up, fixing her things and changing out of her pointe shoes in a rush. Matthieu looked at her in amusement before finally asking, “Going home?”

“It came.” Was all Maddy could say, her face slightly red and her whole being slightly breathless. Matthieu merely nodded with a warm smile, as if he had known all along.

“Well then, I will see you in Paris?” He winked and Maddy grinned as she tied the last of her laces on her chucks before bolting out the door, wanting to get her hands on the letter she has been waiting for her whole life for.  

~~~

 


“Sh*t."

Jimin cursed under his breath the moment he landed…

Almost on the cold hard ice but managed to save his when he retained his balance at the last minute.He was trying to do a triple salchow but his form kept on getting shaky, causing him to land on the wrong edge.

It's been eight months since his injury and it's practically good as new. He got better much earlier but his doctor only ever gave the go signal for him to continue skating a month ago. Jimin didn't waste more time and visited the rink the moment his doctor said okay.

Suho wasn't very pleased, though he admired his determination and enthusiasm.

A month later, Jimin was finally preparing for a big competition at the end of the year which should put him back on track and should give him a place in the Olympic games.

The only problem was, his jumps were still shaky and all over the place. And that was a very big problem, indeed. Shaky jumps weren't going to cut it in the Olympics. You had to be flawless if you wanted the gold…

You have to be Jimin, he thought. The Jimin before the accident.

"Hey! Twinkle toes!"

Jimin turned sharply at the name, scowling at the intruder. Jungkook stepped into the ice, smirking, and Jimin would usually retaliate with a snarky remark but he was too upset to even make a better comeback.

"Not right now, Jeon. And," he scoffed as he looked at the younger man with distaste. Jungkook remained unfazed, holding his hockey stick in his hand as he glided towards him. "What are you doing here?! This is my ice till seven—“

Jungkook stopped in front of him, his skates shredding ice against Jimin’s boots. Jimin bit down his annoyance and shook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter