What I've Been Looking For (has always been there beside me) - TaeKook

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Okay. I don't usually write memberxmember/OTP fics but I wanted to try something different (it was a funny idea) so this is a random scenario I've written featuring my fave ship lol 

 

HSM au where Jungkook is East High's basketball star player (consistent MVP), campus heartthrob, and overall Golden boy. His best friend’s are Min Yoongi, the basketball team captain, and Park Jimin, another star player and crowd favorite--or at least the fangirls’ favorite. He’s probably the reason why a lot of chicks dig basketball games at East High. 

 


It's their senior year and the three of them are ready for graduation; opportunities from several universities coming from left to right, and for the three star players, it's almost too easy. They all know what they want: to be basketball stars and play in the national league. 


At least, that's what Jungkook always thought until that fateful day when he was called back for the lead role of their Winter musical; one which he doesn't even remember he auditioned for.

 


The school's drama department is headed by Kim Seokjin, graduated from Juilliard (with honors), double majored in acting and voice. He goes by Jin, which in Chinese mans gold, bright, and beautiful; traits which he proudly (shamelessly) says he embodies). 

Taking a break from his Broadway and acting career, Jin decided to take a job at East High to teach acting and directing. He would've taught dance as well but he figured that position would be better executed by his good friend and colleague, Jung Hoseok--another Juilliard graduate who majored in dance. Although he flourished in the field of jazz and contemporary ballet in his studies, Hoseok ended up pursuing his passion for street dance and hip hop the moment he graduated. It worked well for him anyway, and now he's got gigs to choreograph for famous celebrities like Beyoncé, Jason Derulo, and Justin Bieber. Translation: he's earning millions so it’s all good.


The drama club is led by Kim Taehyung, resident drama king and the guy who practically starred in every single school production since kindergarten. Also, (not that everyone knows this already) the son of a famous Broadway actor Byun Baekhyun (who's also rumored to be engaged to a music producer named Park Chanyeol). 

Taehyung was the equivalent of campus queen bee. He intimidated everybody with his sharp good looks and professional talent. He also came from big money so you better watch your back cause he's got lawyers watching his. 

So imagine his surprise when he discovered that someone was actually after his role as the male lead in their upcoming Winter musical. Taehyung was aghast and threatened to sue whoever thought of this big cosmic joke.

Especially when he found out that his opponent happened to be golden boy, Jeon Jungkook. 

Jungkook didn't want to be in the play. Heck, he wasn't going to go on stage with make up on and God knows what else; dancing around to classical tunes with jazz hands. But Jin encouraged him that he should give it a try--or more like taunted him with his own words:
 

"Aren't you the campus Golden boy, Mr. 'I can do anything?"" 


Challenged (and threatened that if he didn't do the call-backs Jin might just give him an A- in drama class), Jungkook agreed and gave it a shot. But he did so secretly because there's no way in hell that he’s going to tell his teammates about this. They'd tease his off till graduation and would never let him live this down. 


"Are you kidding me right now? What do you mean he’s called back?!" Taehyung hissed at Jin while the older man only sighed and rolled his eyes. Little did people know that Taehyung and Jin go deeper than a student-teacher relationship. Baekhyun and Jin were in the same class back in college and were good friends, so Taehyung was almost like a son to him...


Or more like an annoying nephew, Jin thought as he removed his glasses and stared the kid down. "Yes, Taehyung. He's called back. Which means he has a chance for the role."


"B--but...he didn't even audition!"


"Oh he did."


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter