Baby, I Got Your Back (Sehun, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(1st person POV)

 

"Agent AG1, your presence is requested at headquarters."

 

I sighed at the robotic female voice's message before biting my lip and replying with a curt, “Copy. Give me 15."

 

It was half past 1A.M. and I was in the middle of transcribing an interview for my boss when my phone rang—my blackberry, that is which had my fingers stop from typing. The phone vibrated inside my drawer and as I took it out, I sat up straighter and answered with a hushed, "Agent AG1."

 

It wasn't that difficult to leave work considering my hours are pretty flexible so I merely told one of my co-workers that I had to leave to pick up a package and will be back later tonight. The thing I loved about this place was that people never really asked questions and so I let myself out without further notice. 

 

~~~

 

Headquarter's was situated in a secret location. In Seoul, there was only one way to get there: through the subway. 

 

It's a special track of course, one which you can only access through the use of your agent I.D. As I tapped the card on the entrance machine, it glowed green and let me through but I knew better than to follow the throng of people going towards the train tracks...

 

I went through the women's bathroom instead and entered the last stall on the left. I faced the toilet and placed the card atop the tank lid. I counted to three and the tile exactly right in front of me slid open, revealing a circular lense. 

 

A lazer scanned through my whole body and I heard a single beep which meant my entry permission was granted. The wall in front of me opened up; sliding slowly to the right until I was able to sneak through the crack. I grabbed my card and went through, the wall closing behind me instantly.

 

The train was already there on the track when I arrived at the platform. And standing by the doorway was a familiar face.

 

"Agent D76." I said in greeting and he smirked before giving me a salute. 

 

"Hi, Y/N." Kyungsoo greeted and I smiled back at him. He was one of my friends at the agency; one of those whom I trusted with my life for he saved it more than once when we were paired up on a mission in Madrid and Sydney. He was a great shooter and analyst. And he was definitely easy to work with considering that he was the quiet thinker type. 

 

"Hey. You have an assignment?" I asked curiously, eyeing his suit. All members of the ISAIA (International Security and Intelligence Agency) wore specially designed suits; complete with state of the art gear like guns, tracking devices, and micro chips that could blow up an entire district. Anything you could ever imagine, ISAIA has the Intel on all the technological advancements. 

 

"Yeah." He nodded. "You?"

 

"I just got called."

 

"You have reached Headquarter's. District A7." The intercom announced and the door opened in front of us. I went out to the platform but Kyungsoo remained.

 

“I’m off to Cairo. Good luck." He nodded curtly and I gave him a smile and a wave just as the doors closed and the train moved forward. 

 

I sighed and walked ahead towards the main entrance. The glass doors slid open after a finger print scan.

 

"Welcome back Agent AG1."

 

"Welcome indeed." I murmured before heading towards the main office; hoping my next assignment won't take me somewhere too remote like last time when I was sent to Tristan de Cunha to take care of the captors of Princess Aisha of the Northern Burnhamyne.

 

Being an A-level agent meant being tasked with larger-scale missions. ISAIA works with international security agencies and we would get Intel from around the globe about criminal frequencies and reports. The higher your rank in the agency, the more dangerous your assignments were. Level A and B's are the one's that usually handle missions from captivities of monarchs and political leaders, to taking care of the most wanted criminals on earth. These missions affected a lot of people—on a global scale, so they needed to be handled by the best agents in the company.

 

I've been an agent for 7 years now, and was ranked level A just a couple of years back. I was the first and youngest in our division. It made me proud considering my late father was a legend at ISAIA; one of the best agents ever to have worked for them.

 

I've always hoped I would follow in his footsteps, but no one could really fill in those shoes and I figured my dad would want me to make my own mark. 

 

And so I did.

 

"Agent AG1." Namjoon nodded as she entered his office. Kim Namjoon or Agent A00 was the head of the intelligence division and her partner whenever it came to mission surveillance. She wouldn't trust anyone else to watch over her while on field apart from this guy. With him watching her every move, she knew she would safely and successfully accomplish her assignments.

 

"Hey Joon." I said as I grabbed a cup from the desk and filled it with water on the dispenser near the door. "So what's up?"

 

"Mission 4566. Tokyo."

 

“Great, sushi.” I said as I gulped down the water.

 

"I'm afraid you won't have time to go to a sushi bar, Y/N. Maybe you can stop by for take out instead." Namjoon chuckled. "Your mission is simply to retrieve a hard drive device."

 

"What's in it?" I asked and Namjoon tapped on the glass screen. A hologram appeared, showing the device: simple black, like any normal hard drive. 

 

"Sato, Hiro: head of a mob empire, the most notorious in Japan.” Namjoon stated. "They've been handling illegal dealings for the past few years; one that's definitely captured the attention of the agency. We’ve been tracking their records and those are some heavy illegal sh*t they’re getting themselves into."

 

“Hmm…” I said as I eyed the information on the screen. “So why are we making a move just now?" 

 

"They're..." He clucked his tongue before tapping on the screen again. I frowned when I saw several photos of men in black, holding guns and taking civilians into custody. There were pictures of drug dealers, and a place which looked awfully like a brothel. "Untouchable. I guess is the word. It's hard to penetrate their systems.” I looked at Namjoon with slightly wide eyes, because he was the most brilliant of our hackers. If he couldn’t get in, then this gang must have firewalls the size of the sun!

 

“Also, they have legal documentation that allows them to do these things. How legit these documents are... we are still looking into it. We’re making a move now because the empire is about to be turned over to the heir. And so they’re too busy fussing over their new leader to focus on business for a bit, which makes it the perfect time to make a move." Namjoon tapped the screen and a photo of a boy was enlarged. He was pale and tall with dark brown hair. Cute, even. I would date him if he wasn't the heir to a mob empire. Just saying. 

 

“We found out about the hard drive from a spy working from within. The device has Intel on their database. Not the whole lot… but a whole lot of information's stored in there. You get it for us then we can probably penetrate the system."

 

"Probably..."

 

"85%." Namjoon gave me a specific number, knowing I liked accuracy when it came to information. "That device has records of their drug dealings, weaponry, ion rings... It's a great deal of information, Y/N."

 

"Okay." I said as I stood up. “Then let’s get going. I’ll need my usual kit… but throw in my favorite gun. The jet—"

 

"Already done." Namjoon said as he handed her an earpiece. "You can change into your suit on the plane. And I'll have the weapon delivered before you taxi. I can just discuss the penetration plan on air with you."

 

"Great. Thanks, Joon!" I called out as I moved the earpiece to my ear. Almost instantly his voice filled my eardrum as I left this office. 

 

"Go get 'em Fox."

 

"Call me that again, and I'll snap your neck." I jested which Namjoon returned with a hearty chuckle. 

 

I moved out of the office and into the ground floor facility to board the jet when he added, "Oh! By the way, Sehun asked for you."

 

"Why?” I asked flatly, knowing that when Sehun was in the subject of discussion, it was almost always a waste of time. The boy was a living nuisance. 

 

"He was just asking how you were. Don't need to sound so defensive. You two—"

 

"Whatever he's told you, we're not anything." I said as I scanned my I.D. on the machine to access the elevator that leads to the aerospace garage. "What did he—"

 

I halted just as the elevators opened and I was faced to faced with the last person I wanted to see. 

 

"Speaking of the devil," I mumbled to Namjoon as Agent AF8 stared at me with dark eyes and a hinting smile. He was dressed in a regular black suit, a slim tie on his neck with his hair swept back. He was holding a black briefcase on his right hand, where a gun was probably stored. "I'll contact you when I'm on the plane, Joon."

 

"Ooh is he there—"

 

Beep. I ended the call and stepped into the small tight space, trying hard to ignore Sehun's piercing gaze. Anyone could see that he was good looking: with dark eyes, a straight nose, and a jawline that could probably cut diamonds.

 

But when I look at him, all I get is a headache. 

 

"Agent AG1." He acknowledged.

 

"Agent AF8."  

 

"Always so formal,” he grinned.

 

"You started it."

 

"I would have called you Y/N, but I didn't want to risk my chances of getting kicked in the shin."

 

I looked at him with slight shock, "Why would I do that?"

 

"Why wouldn't you do that?" He smirked, teasing, and I rolled my eyes. Oh Sehun was one of the most annoying people I've ever met. Whenever we would meet he was either teasing me or shoving to my face how he's one level higher than me in terms of ranking. He was the closest thing I had to a rival...

 

Even though one level hardly made any difference. 

 

"You off to somewhere?"

 

"Are you?"

 

"Why Y/N, are you flirting with me?"

 

I shot him a glare and he laughed at my reaction. But before I could retaliate, the intercom announced that they have arrived at the first floor; probably Sehun's stop.

 

“Well it was nice seeing you. As always. Good luck, Agent AG1." He saluted and I crossed my arms and looked away as he stepped out. 

 

"Hey."

 

I looked up and saw him standing by the doorway, holding the door open. I raised my eyebrows in question, "What?"

 

Sehun seemed to be contemplating before finally saying, “I… Be careful."

 

Before I could answer, the door closed; leaving me confused and unable to respond. Sehun was a whole lot of things but he was hardly the type to be concerned about my safety. 

 

"Thanks." I mumbled, but the door was already closed and Sehun was already long gone.

 

~~~

 

 

Tokyo, Japan

 

"Okay. The door is at the end of the hall to your right. There's no one there but it's locked with a passcode."

 

I nodded briefly; Namjoon's low voice murmuring on my right ear as he became my eyes on the next corridor. 

 

"At the curve," he simply said and as I made the turn, I slammed the taser towards a man's chest who was guarding the hall. The man convulsed and fell the the ground in seconds. My left ear picked up movement and I turned just in time to miss a bullet coming towards me. I held up my right arm with my gun and fired. The man fell in a blink.

 

"You're lucky those were just immobilizer darts." I muttered as I brushed my bangs to the side with a huff.

 

“Sorry, Y/N.” Namjoon said. "He came out of nowhere!"

 

"It's fine." I said as I moved towards the door. "What's the passcode?"

 

Namjoon listed the numbers as I pinned the code. The screen lit up green with a beep and the door was unlocked as I turned the knob. I surveyed the room quickly before placing my hand by the door frame and sticking a micro chip. A plan B was always good, though I hoped I would’t have to use one tonight. 

 

"It's behind the desk." Namjoon's static voice came. "The safe, I mean."

 

"Code?"

 

"5601."

 

I unlocked the safe carefully and sighed in relief when the hard drive was right there, sitting atop a few folders.

 

"Got it!"

 

"Good job! Now—"

 

Voices suddenly filled the hall along with heavy footsteps and my heart jumped in my chest. My movements, however, were calm and collected as I tucked the hard drive into my waist bag before taking out my gun; loaded with real bullets this time. 

 

"Stat, Joon." I placed my hand on my earpiece to hear him better. "What am I facing?"

 

"Sh*t. They're coming from all sides! Two men from the left, three on the right and another two right in front of you."

 

Just then the door burst open and a few men in suits poured in, pointing their guns at me. I swallowed hard, trapped.

 

The man in the middle yelled something in Japanese which I figured was him telling me to put my gun down. I placed the weapon down on the desk carefully and held my hands up in surrender.

 

"Stat Joon. I'm surrounded." I whispered.

 

"The chopper will be ready at the roof. You think you can get there?"

 

The man yelled again and I shut my mouth, eyes settling on the micro chip by the doorway. I closed my eyes briefly and tried to remember the four walls: front was the door, to my left and right were solid walls, and the back...

 

A wide glass window.

 

I opened my eyes and said, "I have a plan B." 

 

The man was about to scold me again for talking when I suddenly ducked, then pressed the button on my watch that triggered the chip I planted on the doorway. 

 

The room exploded in two seconds flat a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter