Ginger & Cookies (Chen, Jungkook, OC) Part 3

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys! Here’s the 3rd and last part of our holiday story <3 Sorry to have kept you guys waiting. I was out on holiday and I jsut got back :) Consider this a New year’s preset~ 

HAPPY NEW YEAR! xoxo

 

OC - Ginger 

"Aww why don't you look adorable?" Jongdae cooed as Ginger walked out of the her apartment building, sporting a green sweater and blue jeans. 


"Get over here and help your girlfriend, pabo!" She hissed as she struggled with her luggage.


Jongdae chortled as he took the bags from her hands and patted her head which was covered by a multicolored bonnet; before frowning as he felt the load of her things. "Why it so--what do you have in here? We're going on a weekend trip. Not migrating to the mountains!" 


Ginger gritted her teeth, partly from the cold and annoyance. "Oh?” she glared at him. “It's probably just the rope in there for me to tie you up and hang you over a cliff." She said sweetly which made Jongdae glare back.


"You have no mercy."


"What are friends for?" Ginger smiled mockingly as she patted his back a little too harshly, making Jongdae wince. 

 


"Let's just go." He said as he slammed the back door shut. "My parents are waiting--" Jongdae paused before hopping into the driver's seat to smile at her teasingly. "And your Kookie awaits~"


"He is not my Kookie!" She yelled exasperatedly. "Ugh you're so annoying, Kim Jongdae, I swear--" she hopped in and shut the door while Jongdae laughed and followed, thinking how this trip was definitely going to be a lot interesting with his best friend around.


~~~

 

They arrived at the house just as Mr. & Mrs. Kim were loading the car with their bags. Mrs. Kim--Jess--waved at them as they approached, sporting a white sweater dress over a pink parka. 


"Your mom is so cute." Ginger chuckled while Jongdae waved at her from the windshield. They parked right behind the couple's car then got out to give their greetings.


"We are going to have so much fun!" Mrs. Kim squealed as she gave Ginger a big hug.


"Eh, Jungkook! Are you done already?" Mr. Kim called, and almost instantly Ginger's head snapped to the front door and there he was: Jeon Jungkook in his coat and Timberland's, cheeks flushed from the cold as he descended the front porch steps carrying a duffel bag and a phone stuck to his ear.


"Hey Jungkookie! You're on holiday!" Jongdae yelled. "You're not supposed to be working!"


Jungkook glared at his brother, turning to the side to continue talking to whoever it was on the other side of the line.


"Where does he work?" Ginger murmured to Jongdae; her eyes still trailed on Jungkook as he loaded his things into the car.


"He just graduated and snagged an internship at this big shot telecommunications company in New York." Jongdae explained. "It's kind of his way in. Not that we're doubting he would get it in the first place.” he snorted. “You know, not when he practically graduated top of his class."


"Wow.” Ginger nodded, thoroughly impressed. “So he's what, 22? 24?" she asked as she popped a candy into . 


Jongdae smirked, "He's 19, Ginger."


Ginger almost choked on her candy, giving Jongdae an incredulous look.

  
"What? He's smart." Jongdae shrugged. "Graduated early and--hey Jungkook!"
Ginger coughed, slapping her chest twice at his sudden holler. She openly glared at Jongdae but before she could scold him, she felt a hand on her shoulder and instantly stiffened.


"You okay?" 


Ginger looked over her shoulder and saw Jungkook staring down at her with a concerned gaze.


"F--Fine." She said, glancing down at his hand on her shoulders and noting how impeccably pretty it looked: long pale fingers--


"You sure?" He asked again and Ginger snapped out of her trance, coughing once before nodding.


"Yeah. Just...swallowed something."


Jongdae snorted and Ginger gave him the evil eye. Jungkook let out a small smile and Ginger had to hold her breath. He looked too handsome in his winter attire; casual yet appealing. In fact, he looked even better than in his suit the night of the party and Ginger wasn't sure how that was even possible.

"Jungkook! Will you be riding with your brother or with us?" Mr. Kim bellowed, his voice echoing through the snowy streets. 


"Of course he's--" Mrs. Kim started but was interrupted by Jungkook who answered at the same time as she did.


"I'm gonna ride with hyung, if that's alright?"


Oh no, Ginger gulped the moment the words were out of his mouth. It was hard enough to stay beside him right now with his cologne (what in the world is that glorious smell?!) invading her senses. What more if they would be in the same car for the next three hours? 

Ginger glanced up and surprisingly, Jungkook had glanced down at her as well, causing their eyes to meet. The snow seemed to melt beneath her feet at his gaze, which was both expectant and slightly amused. Ginger wished he didn't have such beautiful--soulful--eyes. 


"Is that okay?" He murmured and Ginger was about to answer but Jongdae beat her to it. 


"Sure, bro. Come on, Jagiya." Jongdae said a little too forcefully as he placed an arm around her, steering her towards the passenger side. "Jungkook, the back seat is all yours."


Jungkook nodded before putting on his headphones and hopping into the backseat of Jongdae's BMW. 


"You're drooling."  Jongdae snickered, earning him a slap on the arm. "Ow!"


"Shut up." Ginger hissed as she hopped into the passenger seat; praying she'll get through this trip without actually tripping over her own two feet.


Even though she already knew Jungkook had long overdue... made it pretty difficult to walk on flat ground. Not when he had swept her over her feet so easily. 

~~~

 


They arrived at the resort past lunch time and Ginger was relieved to have had a good drive. 
 

Good, meaning she didn't spend the last three hours holding her breath and trying to keep herself from blushing profusely. Jungkook was quiet throughout the whole drive, considering he spent it either with his headphones on or knocked out like a log in the back seat. Ginger resisted the urge to take a photo of him sleeping, looking absolutely angelic.


"We're here~" Jongdae said and sing-song voice and Ginger smiled, seeing the resort to be a really nice place with log houses and walkways covered in snow. 
After parking, Ginger got out of the vehicle and the cold air hit her like a slap, making her shiver.


Something warm engulfed her and when she looked up, Jongdae had placed a coat over her shoulders. "Told you to bundle up, Ginnie."


Ginger smiled, both at his concern and the use of her nickname. Only a few people ever use or know that name; the one closest to her. "Thanks."


Her eyes glanced at Jungkook who was looking at the two of them with an expression she couldn't read. 


What?, she asked with her eyes and Jungkook seemed to be surprised she addressed him. He shrugged and slung his backpack over his shoulders before walking towards the entrance where Mr. And Mrs. Kim were already waiting for them.


"Come on. Let's go have some fun!" Jongdae chirped and Ginger grinned, hooking her arm onto his.


But all she could think about was how Jungkook looked a tad bit jealous just a while ago. 

~~~

 


The day was spent doing everything and anything Jongdae pulled Ginger into; Be it skiing (which she failed at miserably), or ice hockey (which Ginger gave Jongdae an "are you serious" look but ended up having fun just as he told--minus the fact that he pretty much shredded the ice and won their little one on one). Ginger wanted to ride the cable car that crosses from the mainland to the gold courses but Jongdae had a slight fear of heights and didn't want to. Not wanting to ride it alone, she decided to let it go for now.


Ginger caught sight of Jungkook late afternoon and was about to ask him to tag along with them but he looked busy.
 

With someone. 


A girl, specially.


Ginger tried not to look too heartbroken at the way Jungkook grinned and laughed with the girl; how perfectly cute they look together (the girl was very pretty with long hair and a pretty face); and how they walked so easily side by side, looking completely comfortable with each other. They could easily pass as...


A couple, Ginger thought; frowning as Jungkook placed an arm around her, smiling. 


By the end of the day, the whole family retreated for dinner and it was a pleasurable experience. The food was great and the company was even greater considering that the Kim's were very welcoming and Ginger found herself fitting in so easily with them; joining in the conversations and throwing jokes. 


Ginger hardly worried about being in the same table with Jungkook considering that he himself seemed so loose; joking around and cracking everybody up. He had quite the sense of humor which Ginger found endearing--and oddly attractive. It was definitely different form the Jungkook she met a few days ago; the intimidating one with the y stare.


Uh-oh, Ginger thought as that image resurfaced in her brain; realizing that the funny and casual guy sitting across from her is the same one who made her heart beat faster than a Ferrari. 


"So what have you been doing, you two love birds?" Mrs. Kim asked and Ginger almost choked on her drink. She had forgotten that she was supposed to be her best friend's girlfriend. 


"Oh we...” Ginger started as she wiped with a napkin. "We went skiing."


"And did some hockey." Jongdae added cheerfully. 


"You were totally unfair, though." Ginger accused and Jongdae grinned before sticking out his tongue at her. 


"How was I unfair?"


"You practically killed me in that game! I still have my knee bruised." She pouted and Jongdae pouted back, pinching her cheek cutely.


"Mianeh, Jagiya~" he said and Ginger would've cringed at the pet name but due to the circumstances, she just smiled at him; hoping to look “in love” enough.


"You guys are adorable." Mrs. Kim cooed.


"How about you, Jungkook? Hardly saw you out."


Jungkook snorted, "I have a hockey game tomorrow with some of the guy's here. Met them a while ago at the game room."


"Jungkook's a game master." Jongdae bragged. "He can beat anyone at anything!" 


"You make me sound like a nerd, hyung." Jungkook said but his eyes had mirth in them. 


"Yeah?" Ginger remarked. "Even at Battle Ninja’s?"


Jungkook smirked but his expression faded when Jongdae grinned at him, "What?"


"Well Ginger's pretty good at Battle Ninja’s too."


"Oh really?" Jungkook asked, his eyes playful as he looked back at Ginger.


"Not that I'm bragging." she smirked and somehow, she knew she was indirectly proposing a challenge.


"I'd like to see these skills some time."


"Careful, bro. She's lethal." Jongdae chuckled and Ginger hit his arm playfully. But that didn't stop Ginger from hearing Jungkook's reply:


"I'm sure she is."


~~~

 


Ginger couldn't sleep. 


It was only 9 p.m. and her body clock just won't have it. She's used to sleeping in the wee hours of the morning and has yet to fix her sleeping schedule into a more regular one. And so she put on her hoodie and jeans, and threw on a coat as well before leaving her room and out towards the cable cars. 


It was a shame no one could ride with her but she really wanted to, so she it up and trudged towards the building where they let the cars off. The car closes at 11 p.m. which gives her enough time to--


Ooof!


"Sorry!" 


"Ginger?"


Ginger looked up and her eyes widened in recognition. "J--Jungkook. Hey--"


"What are you doing out so late?" He frowned slightly as he pocketed his hands into his coat. The weather was colder than normal and puffs of smoke was coming out of his mouth and Ginger was slightly shivering under her coat. 


"I could ask you the same thing." She said.


"Couldn't sleep." Jungkook shrugged. "Thought I'd go for a walk."


"S--same." Ginger said as she switched her weight from foot to foot. 


"So... Where were you going?" He asked.


"I," she pointed at the building towering over them. "I kinda wanted to ride the cable car." 


Jungkook stared at her for a moment as if thinking, before looking up at the cable cars. "Oh yeah. Hyung's afraid of heights."


Ginger bit her lip and nodded, "Yeah...so I guess I'll just have to ride it without him."


"Alone?"


"Yeah." 


Jungkook bit his lip, looking like he wanted to say something but was having a difficult time doing so.


"What?" Ginger asked when she couldn't take his prolonged hesitation.


"I just..." He huffed. "It's late and cold and I don't think you should be--"


"Would you like to ride it with me?" Ginger blurted and her cheeks flushed almost instantly at the look of surprise that crossed his face. She couldn't believe she said that either. 


"Well I--"


"I mean if you want." She added quickly. "But you really shouldn't worry. I can handle--"


"Sure." 


Ginger paused, wondering if she heard him right. "What?"


Jungkook gave her a soft smile before motioning his arm towards the building. "Lead the way."


Ginger opened then closed it again, shrugging slightly before trudging up the building where they let off the cable cars. She tried not to focus on the way Jungkook stayed close to her side as they waited to ride the car.


"So, ridden one of these before?" he asked as one of the people manning the vehicle motioned for them to go in.


"Um.. yeah I think," Ginger answered as she stepped foot into the car. There was a railing on the other side and a bench on the opposite window. The walls were made of glass and Ginger could do a 360 degree turn and see everything. The car started to move and she held onto the railing, feeling excited. "But it was a long time ago... back when I was still a kid."


"Huh." Jungkook said as he stood beside her on the railing. In a few seconds, they were put into the open, but to Ginger's dismay, it was too dark to see the view.


"It's pretty late." Jungkook said as if reading her thoughts. "You should ride this again in the day. The view is great."


Ginger glanced at him and gave him a small smile. "Yeah. That's probably better."


They were silent for a few moments; just the hum of the vehicle as it moved sounded alongside their steady breathing. Ginger felt a nudge and looked towards Jungkook, only to be welcomed by the sight of his sharp jaw and pale throat as his head was tilted up.

"There's your view." He said as he pointed upward.


Ginger looked up and gasped. For through the glass ceiling, the sky was in full view; dusted with a million stars.


"Wow."


Ginger eyes glazed over the night sky, amazed by the enormity of the view from where she stood. From here, the skies seem to go on forever like a blanket of diamonds. 


"I used to go stargazing a lot." Jungkook suddenly said and there was a sadness tinged in his tone that Ginger couldn't help but notice.


"Yeah?"


Jungkook hummed, looking nostalgic. "We visited grandpa once a month and he'd take hyung and I to the mountains to go camping. I remember we would sit by a campfire, sing songs... It was grandpa who taught us how to sing." He added with a proud smile. "Then we'd just lie down and watch the stars."


Ginger smiled at his story, "Your grandpa sounds really nice. I bet you guys have a lot of fun."


"We did." Jungkook said and the verb tense he used made Ginger stiffen.


"Oh. He's--" Jungkook nodded, his shoulders slumping.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter