Ginger & Cookies (Chen, Jungkook, OC) Part 1

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Here’s this year’s holiday scenario :P Enjoy! 

PS: omg Jungkook in this photo... so manly <3

OC - Ginger


They say when you meet the one, it's like magic. 

The world spins on its axis, time moves in slow motion and you're just there...staring at your soulmate who had suddenly--miraculously--appeared right in front of you... ordering a cookie (chocolate chip with macadamia nuts; the store's specialty) and a hot cup of coffee.

 

Ginger met the love of her life at a coffee shop a few blocks down from the university she was taking her masters in. She was currently working as an editor for a local lifestyle magazine but on the weekends, she was at McKinley University, completing her masters degree in creative writing. 

Her classes would take four to five hours a session and afterwards, Ginger would be too inspired to stop. And so, she would stay at the cafe and write on her laptop; squeezing her brain for every bit of information, ideas, and metaphors that she could write onto paper. Anything that would be useful for her novel, which is to be the final output for her degree. 


One winter's day, Ginger ended up staying till morning due to a conflict she had with one of her characters which made her frustrated and practically typing and back spacing on her keyboard throughout the whole night.


She feared it was the beginnings of a writer's block.


Ginger placed a hand on her forehead, looking out the window which was an image of a true White Christmas: wet pavement littered with snow and people milling around in their long coats and boots. 


Ugh. She groaned as she placed her head on the table, exhaustion finally taking over. 


Maybe I should take a nap, Ginger thought as she felt the coffee's aroma lulling her to sleep. Apparently, three orders of Grande-sized coffee weren’t enough to keep her awake.


Deciding to call it a day, she lifted her head up and was about to stand--
only stop dead in her tracks to stare at the customer that walked through the cafe's entrance right at that moment.


They say when you meet the one, it's like magic. 


Ginger's eyes traveled across the room; following the man in a black coat walking towards the cashier; lips pursed as he observed the pastries on the glass refrigerator. Ginger couldn't help but find the man attractive with his tall build, raven hair, and fair complexion. Aside from that, he also had a prominent nose plus a jaw that could probably cut through diamonds.


In short: the guy was gorgeous.


And that was saying a lot considering that Ginger worked for a magazine and met several celebrities for interviews and models for fashion shoots. Ginger knew what gorgeous looked liked...And this guy was. It amazed her how he stood there in just casual winter clothing and still be able to make heads turn with his sharp features. 

Ginger found herself blushing as he suddenly turned, as if her thoughts were loud enough for him to hear to take a look at whoever was talking about him.
 

And oh his eyes...


Their gazes locked for a brief moment but their expressions were impassive and they looked away just as fast. It was only but a fleeting moment and yet, it made Ginger's heart flutter against her chest. 


Probably had too much coffee, she thought as she felt the exhaustion lingering at the edge of her sanity--blurring her vision into a haze of cute boys with pretty eyes. 


The man fetched his order on the second counter and thanked the barista graciously before moving towards the door and out into the cold winter morning. 
 

Ginger watched as he left, thinking how she was either hallucinating or simply too exhausted to even realize that the future love of her life just walked out of her life... and all she knew was he ordered black coffee and a single chocolate chip cookie.


Definitely had too much coffee, she thought before packing her bags and leaving the cafe; eyes lingering on the door as if expecting for the beautiful stranger to return. 


~~~

 

1 week later


"Ginger, please. I’,m begging you."


Ginger rolled her eyes and sighed deeply, rubbing her temples in annoyance. "For the last time, Jongdae. I'm not doing it."


"But--" Jongdae pouted and leaned over her work table, his hands splaying all over her paperwork. "Ginger! Please!"


"I'm not going to pretend to be your girlfriend." Ginger snapped. "No way, dude. That's like crossing the line of our friendship code, remember?"


Jongdae looked up at her guiltily, "B--but we're not actually going to break it. It’s just a fake date. Not fake dating. I'm just going to introduce you to my family as my girlfriend and it's going to be for just one dinner and then it's all over!"


"Jongdae," Ginger gave him a look. "That is called pretend dating. You just explained it."


"Ginger, please!" Jongdae begged, taking her hands in his and giving her his pleading pout. The one Ginger couldn't really resist and she groaned internally at how weak she was for this. She hated how close they were and that no matter how crazy his ideas were, she loved him dearly as she loved her own family. "You know my family's not going to stop bugging me about finding someone if I actually don't come with anyone for the holidays." Jongdae's eyes suddenly widened in panic as a thought dawned on him. "My mom might even ship me to one of those couple cruises again!!!"

Ginger pressed her lips together to keep from laughing but a giggle still bubbled out of her chest. She could remember that day Jongdae had called her in panic, asking her to call a helicopter to save him. When she asked why, Jongdae had told her about the cruise and from the way he sounded, he was ready to jump, with or without the iceberg. 


Jongdae looked at her incredulously, "This is no laughing matter, woman!"
 

"Sorry." She smiled. "I just remembered how fun that was."


"It was not fun!"


"Funny, I mean." 


Jongdae reached for a magazine and slapped her arm with it. Öw!! Hey--”

"What kind of a best friend are you?!"


"The good kind that's telling you lying is not going to cut it and just tell your family the truth and save yourself from all this hassle!"


"You don't know my family. They will stop at nothing." Jongdae explained. "At nothing, I tell you. Plus, this is your chance to meet them! You've only ever met my sister...time to meet parents! And also, my brother came back!"


"Why? Where'd he go?"


"He was studying in the US." Jongdae explained. "Anyway, please? Just one night as my date, Ginger. Please?!"


"Why me?" she half-whined.


"Because you know enough about me to pass as my girlfriend." Jongdae said a amtter of fact and Ginger hated how he had a point. She sighed then, feeling herself almost giving in.

"If you do this, your lunch is on me for a week." Jongdae offered. 


"That's not--"


"Two weeks."


"Make it three with free ice cream at my favorite ice cream place and we have a deal." Ginger challenged and Jongdae's eyes widened. She wasn’t going to turn down a ncie offer...especially if it was for food. 


"Three?!"


"Take it or leave it." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter