Sugar Rush (V, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Request found here. 

 

(Your POV)

Tap. Tap. Tap.

I lay in bed, staring aimlessly at the ceiling of my small bedroom. The night was still outside, the stars hidden against thick clouds surrounded by a stagnant atmosphere. And all I could hear was a soft hum I couldn’t really pinpoint the source from and the soft click of the wall clock as it looked over the time.

Curling my body to the right, my eyes settled on the window which was covered by a sheer cloth. I blinked, watching as the moon casted it’s light against the glass which shrouded my room in bluish haze.

I breathe in. Then breathe out.

Funny how something as simple as breathing could make my chest ache so badly.

 

Beep.

My eyes glanced towards my bedside table where my phone lay. The number was unknown and I couldn’t find myself to open it. Instead, my eyes glanced towards the time,  seeing that it was 12:51 am.

I sighed heavily and closed my eyes shut, and just like that my mind succumbs not to sleep but to a flood of memories I’d rather not remember but still came without consent.  

 

~~~

Last summer seemed like a dream. A mere memory as I remembered the time a boy graced me with playful grins and starlight eyes.

Yes, his eyes shone bright like the stars.

In fact, meeting Kim Taehyung was like a shooting star, unexpected in the most magical way.  

We met through a friend; at a party which was probably the most cliche of first meeting circumstances.

“Hi. I’m Taehyung!” He said as he reached out his hand a little too excitedly and I glanced down at his hand, seeing that he was holding a plastic cup. I wondered how may drinks he’s had already when the night was still young and the party was just beginning to get crazy. By the brightness of his eyes and the hyperactivity I felt emanating from him by a mile away (the bright orange hair was a sore thumb in the crowd), probably a lot.

“Y/N.” I smiled as I took his hand, noting how warm it was.

“Nice to meet you, Y/N.” He smiled genuinely which made me smile even more; finding the way his eyes turned into crescents to be adorable.

After that, Taehyung practically hogged me all night; kept the conversation going, cracked jokes that had me doubling over in laughter, and told stories which caught my attention as easily as “Once Upon a Time”.

Not that I was complaining. It was probably one of the best nights I’ve ever had. Taehyung talked to me as if he knew me all his life; smiled at me in a way that made me feel special.

He felt familiar and I liked it.

When the heat inside the house finally got to us, Taehyung and I headed out and sat by the pool’s edge, our legs dipped to the knee in the water as we laughed about another joke he’s made.

“How many drinks did you have Taehyung?” I joked as I motioned towards the red plastic cup in his hand, seeing how he had held one since I met him a few hours ago.

Taehyung was quite red-faced which was probably caused by either the alcohol or from laughing his off. He brought his cup to his lips with a knowing smile before looking at me, “Ah~ but I don’t drink.”

I gave him a funny look before grabbing the cup from his hand and bringing it close to my face. I sniffed once and paused before looking up at him.

“It’s Coke.” I said stupidly.

“Yup.”

“You’re serious about not drinking?”

“Why do you seem so surprised?”

“I–” Because all the guys I’ve met at these parties drink and you’re the first one I’ve met who doesn’t. But you look hot and pretty popular so…. “I don’t know…”

“There’s a lot of things you don’t know about me.” He said as he retrieved the cup from my hand and took another sip. I watched as he did; as if staring at him would help me decipher the mystery that is Kim Taehyung.

“The best kind of rush is sugar rush.” He grinned after drinking and I smiled at him, feeling my cheeks burn under his gaze.

I guess so, I thought as I looked back at him–his eyes bright and alight but without trace of alcohol or intoxication.

Just simple sugar rush.

Simple sweet Taehyung.

 

~~~

A few weeks after that, Taehyung appeared more and more until I could finally say he was a fixture in my life. We ate out after my summer school sessions, see each other at the mall (Taehyung protests it was a coincidence but my friend–and his friend, Yoongi told me he asked about my whereabouts), and called me on the phone just to say a random fact he found over 9gag.

I often wondered what we were. Are we friends? (But we go out–just the two of us–and he hugs me as if he never wants to let go and comes to my house at ungodly hours just so we can have a late snack at McDonald’s.)

Are we more than friends? (But he never said anything or showed any signs if we were officially dating…)

This whole romance thing was complicated.

Labels were complicated.

"What are you thinking about?” Taehyung suddenly asked, snapping me from my thoughts.

I blushed and cleared my throat. “Nothing.”

“It has to be something. Women don’t have nothing boxes in their brains.”

“Nothing boxes?” I chuckled at him.

“Yeah.” He grinned as he angled his body towards me. We were sitting on the swings at a playground and it was 2:15 a.m. The night was cold and I kept my hands tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter