His Highness and I (Rap Monster, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Prompt: aisle

Since aisle's are one of the symbols of marriage...I decided to write one we're Namjoon is your husband. <3

With a twist tho. Haha!

 

A flurry of ball gowns, bright flashes of cameras and an onslaught of cheers and catcalls from the people... 

Who would've known my wedding would be aired on national television? Let alone the cover story for several magazines, headlines of newspapers around the globe, and the top story raging the world wide web:

Headline: Crown Prince Namjoon marries Lady Y/N, the crown princess of Westleton.

We have a New Princess! An inside look on the Cinderella Story of the Century!

A Fairytale Come True! The Happily Ever After of Prince Namjoon and Lady Y/N.

After walking down the aisle on the warm spring day, a crowd awaited us outside the church, cheers and congratulations being thrown our way. And as I left the church with Namjoon in my arm, the crown Prince of Westleton, I literally felt like a princess from a fairytale book.

But the books never really told what happened after Cinderella married the prince or what happened after the so-called “Happily Ever After”.

 

Well, after I moved into the palace a few days after the wedding, I thought I would finally get the peace and quiet from the press--the world--which pried into my private life; which kept close eyes on us like hawks the moment Namjoon and I came out with our relationship. 


I was wrong.

If you think living in a palace and becoming a princess gave you a lot of free time, you're crazy because I don't think I ever had time for myself since I arrived. I was always rushed away to luncheons, lessons, political and humanitarian work, and all these other stuff which are supposed to "shape" me into becoming the queen to be once Namjoon takes the throne. That means I had to learn politics, their culture, and even the history of Westleton.

And the worst part? Ever since I got here, I barely saw Namjoon with his busy work schedules in the court and his numerous visits to urban and rural areas of the country. We lived in the same place yet it seemed like we were in a long distance relationship, with the number of nights I’ve spent eating dinner alone or laying on a huge bed with his side of the mattress always cold. 

It was difficult but as a few months passed, I was able to adjust myself to my new life... Though it didn't make anything easier.

For I still hear them. Talks and rumours about how I wasn't right for the crown, how I didn't deserve to be here, and how Namjoon should have married the princess of a neighbouring country. 

I knew better than to pay attention to them but sometimes? It still hurts to know people talk about you in that light.

Sometimes, I wonder what made me think in the first place that I could be a princess. 

 


~~~
It was a bright Saturday afternoon and I just came from a luncheon with a bunch of ladies and countesses, which to be honest wasn't my idea of a nice lunch date. I heard the talks again; whispers over tables and against napkins on their pretty glossed lips. When I was finally called out for my lessons, I was more than willing to leave.

However, I was a bit out of it too and ended up reciting names wrong and responding with mixed-up dates and wrong answers. 

"I need a moment." I finally said when I answered another question wrong. Feeling tired and upset with myself, I stood up and walked out of the room; huffing when I heard footsteps following me out.

"Your highness, you have to return--"

"I just need a moment. Please." I pleaded, feeling a bit out of breath. All of a sudden the palace walls seemed too confining; suffocating me little by little.

"Lady, we will you back--" a guard announced and I finally snapped.

"Can you please just leave me alone for a second?!" I almost yelled as I whirled at them but Annette, the head household and the one in-charge of my schedules and “princess duties”, wouldn't have any of that. 

"Lady Y/N.” she scolded. “A princess does not raise her voice--"

"You heard my wife." 

Everyone snapped up at the sound of a deep voice and all of a sudden everyone resumed their posts, backing away from me; the guards standing a little bit straighter and the ladies-in-waiting bowing their heads in respect.

Annette closed and bowed meekly, backing away slightly. I think I was the only one who relaxed upon the sight of him. 

"Your highness,” Annette started. “The princess--" 

"Said that she needs some time alone." Namjoon said calmly as he took a step forward, waving off the guards and all the ladies who left obediently. "I will her to her schedules personally."

Annette looked like she was about to protest but with Namjoon's steady--and commanding gaze, she couldn't really do anything about it. "As you wish, your highness." She bowed one last time before walking away down the hall, her form disappearing around the corner.

I sighed in relief before turning around, trying to bite back the tears that threatened to spill. 

"Y/N?"

Taking a deep breath to compose myself, I turned to face him. Namjoon stood in a suit and tie, his left pocket filled with various medallions that marked him as royalty... as a man of bravery and power... as the heir to the throne. 

Looking at him now, I wondered how did I ever get into this mess. And I wondered how someone like me, a girl with no name, jewels, or riches ended up with a man who had the world wrapped around his fingers.

"Hey." I said and a small smile appeared on his lips.

"Hey." He sighed, his dimple protruding on his left cheek. "Are you all right?"

I nodded even though it was a lie. "How've you been?"

He shrugged, "Busy. And you?"

"Busy." I shrugged and he slightly frowned before reaching out his hand towards me. I took it without hesitation; the warmth of his hand on my own immediately sending comfort and ease within me. We walked through the long hallway, my arm hooked on his arm as his hand laid at the back of my palm. A comfortable silence hung over as I glanced to my left, watching the sun's rays hovering over the palace gardens. 

"Are they giving you a hard time?"

"Hmm?" I looked at him, seeing concern etched on his beautiful features. I smiled a bit to ease his worry. "Oh no. I'm fine really, Namjoon."

He smiled, knowing how he loved being addressed by his name. He had always told me that he had enough of people calling him with a title around his own home.

"Then why are you upset?" He asked as he stopped to face me. I looked down at the ground and shook my head. 

"I--I'm not--"

"I think," he said as he placed a finger under my chin to made me look up at him. "I know you well enough to know that you're lying."

I opened my mouth to protest but he added, "Plus I remember quite clearly that my wife is more beautiful with a smile on her face."

I smiled at his remark, feeling quite better. "I just missed you, that's all."

Namjoon frowned slightly then looked around with a sigh. "Living in a big palace sometimes does that." He admitted. "It seems that the distance is much wider in here." He looked down at me and I nodded meekly.

"But for what it's worth," he said as he wrapped an arm around my waist, a teasing smile on his lips. "I've missed you more."

I grinned at his response as he leant down to kiss me, the gesture wiping all my worries away. It was brief for we knew there were eyes watching everywhere but it was enough to let me know that he was here for me even though the court takes all of his time and that our life isn't like how we spent it in my home country; where there were no schedules, no guards or ladies-in-waiting, and no country to run.

"Are you regretting it?" 

I snapped up at his words, frowning deeply. "Huh?"

"Are you regretting it?" He repeated sadly. "This... The palace, the responsibilities..." He reached out his hand and traced my cheek. "Me..."

"Namjoon--" I started but he continued.

"This was not the life I promised you." He said as he played with my fingers. Looking at him now, I saw a boy and not a prince. The same boy who asked me out years ago; who made my stomach churn and my mind real with euphoria. "I'm sorry, Y/N. I never wanted you to be unhappy."

"I'm not--"

"No, don't give me that." He said gently. "I have eyes everywhere remember?" He teased lightly. "Even though we're not together for most of the days, I know what's happening with you. I always check on you and I know that you're unhappy. You don't like the lessons, the schedules, or that snobby woman--"

"Annette's all right." I said and he gave me a look. "Okay, she's... bearable."

Namjoon chuckled lightly before sighing. "I'm sorry. I never wanted--" 

Before he continued I placed a finger on his lips, stopping him. "It breaks my heart," I said with a frown. "That you would ever think that I regret ever marrying you."

Namjoon's eyes softened as he took my hand and kissed it. "I just... I just want you to be happy."

"And I am." I said honestly. "Knowing I'm with you is all the happiness I can ever want and hope for."

"But didn't you once told me you wanted a simple life? I mean," he looked away bashfully. "That's one of the reasons I lied to you about being a prince."

I rolled my eyes remembering the day he told me the truth about his identity. I was so shocked I didn’t believe him till the his entourage came to bring him back to Westelton. 

"But I also said I wanted to marry my true love." I said a matter of fact and I caught a glimpse of a grin spreading across his cheeks as I bopped his nose. "And that's you. So if true love comes with a palace filled with busy schedules, lessons, and snobby women... I'll take it as long as you’re part of the package." 

As I said those words, I knew they we're true and I felt bad for even complaining about my life here when Namjoon probably has it worse. When I have someone who loves me wholeheartedly and was willing to give me everything and anything for the sake of my happiness.

Namjoon pulled me close and hugged me, his lips pressing against the side of my head before resting against my shoulder. "I love you, you know that?"

"I love you too." I murmured and snuggled into him, loving how perfectly our bodies fit in each other's arms.

"Sire~! Oh--" footsteps echoed through the halls causing Namjoon to grunt in frustration. He looked up and glared at whoever intruded their moment.

"You couldn't leave us alone for two minutes!" He spat and as I turned, I saw that it was his Head General, Kim Seokjin. I gave him a small smile as greeting, knowing how he's one of Namjoon's close friends as well. 

“Good afternoon, General Kim.” I said.

 

 

"Your highness.” he smiled back with a bow. “Sorry--” He muttered as he backed away, catching him suppressing a grin. "Carry on." He walked around the corner and I heard several other footsteps as Seokjin shooed them away.

 

 

"I really need to sneak out soon." Namjoon muttered, catching your attention.

 

 

"You?" I teased as I ran my hand through his hair and he leant into my touch, smiling. It made my heart flutter having to see that smile; considering that every time I see him around the pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter