As Promised (V, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I think this is one of my best scenarios~ :) I really enjoyed writing this and to the Tumblr anon who requested this, hope you liked it!

Prompt: V, promises


“All set?” 

You smiled up at your husband as you fixed his uniform, straightening up the collar of his white polo; your hands grazing the medals near his coat’s pocket.

Taehyung looked down at you lovingly, his hands hovering over your hips, wanting to hold you as much as he could before he went away.

Before the ocean washed him away. 

 

“Hmm.” He hums as you lay your hands firmly on his chest, giving him a small smile. You always kept a strong face on whenever he was assigned to sail away. With his high rank as Vice Admiral, Taehyung had no choice but to comply. It was his duty; a duty to his country and you couldn’t be any more proud of what he does. You sighed, unable to say more for you feared your emotions were to fragile at the moment.

Sensing your sadness, Taehyung pulled you close and pecked your nose. “What does my beautiful wife want?” He cooed and you smiled at his sweetness. “We’re sailing through Asia and Europe. What souvenirs would you like me to bring?” 

You locked your hands around his neck, playing with the hair at his nape as you answered, “Bring me back a stone.”

Taehyung tilted his head to the side and you resisted the urge to kiss his smiling lips. “Diamonds?” He kissed your cheek. “Perhaps a pretty necklace?” His lips moved to your jaw, kissing his way down to your collarbone; tickling you as he nibbled on your skin. You sighed at his kisses before chuckling. 

“Bring me the first stone you see once you step off port.” 

Taehyung paused and looked up at you with a curious gaze. “That’s a weird request.”

“Well you’re going to have to keep that stone and think of me when you look at it. Then,” you frowned slightly, pursing your lips in a thin line as your fingers traced his cheek. “Then bring it back to me.”

Taehyung frowned as his hands cupped your face, his thumb caressing your cheeks. “Y/N–”

“That’s all I really want.” You said as the tears threatened to spill from your eyes. “For you to come back.”

Taehyung sighed and crushed you into his arms, hugging you tight till it was hard to breathe. But you couldn’t seem to care. You breathed in his scent and thought how he was all the oxygen you needed to live.

“I’ll come back.” He murmured against your shoulder. “I promise.”

With one last kiss, he let go and you held his hand as you walked with him to the door. A car was waiting outside the gate of your little house by the sea and Taehyhng squeezed your hand before raising it to his lips. 

“I love you.” He said and you returned it by kissing his forehead. 

“I love you.” You whispered as you watched him wear his hat, turning away and walking towards the car. 

Upon hopping in, Taehyung rolled down his window and smiled, giving you a wave and a flying kiss.

You returned the kiss then waved at Jin, one of his mates who was sitting on the driver’s seat. The car moved and it felt like your heart was being ripped out of your chest as you watched the vehicle speed away.

You stayed there on the front porch till the car was out of sight and Taehyung stared at you from the rearview mirror till his eyes could no longer make-up your beautiful form.

 

~~~


5 weeks later

Ding dong!

You wiped your hands on your apron before setting the pie onto the table and making your way to the door. You sighed as you felt stiff, feeling tired for the past few days. You figured it was just stress from work; with your duties in the cafe in town. It was peek season and a lot of people visited the place so that meant a lot of tourists dined in the cafe and with your workforce a bit short, you had to come in and help almost every single day. 

Opening the door, your exhaustion dissipated as a warm smile greeted you. “Morning, Mrs. Kim.”

“Bambam.” You smiled as he bowed politely. “How are you?”

“I’m good.” He shrugged as he retrieved an envelope from in his satchel. “Got a letter for you.”

Your eyes brightened at the sight of the little white envelope, knowing that it was from your husband. “Thank you. Would you like to come in for some pie?”

“Thanks Mrs. K, but I really have to deliver the rest of these.” He patted his bag. 

“Oh.” You frowned. “Next time maybe? You should bring your friends along too.” 

“That would be awesome.” He grinned and as he turned away, you gasped as you felt something pulling on your body causing you to sway slightly.

Bambam turned at the sound, seeing you leaning against the door frame, looking quite pale. “Hey, Mrs. K are you–?”

“I–” you felt lightheaded then and the last thing you remembered was Bambam’s worried cry as darkness swallowed you whole.

~~~

“Nothing to worry about Mrs. Kim. You are completely healthy. Just the symptoms kicking in.“ The doctor chuckled and you stared at him, still unbelieving the news.

"I really am pregnant?” You asked and the doctor looked at you through his square-rimmed glasses. 

“You don’t look so happy about it.” He said amusedly and you shook your head instantly.

“No! No… I am. It’s just…it took me this long to know?”

“It’s different for every woman.” He explained. “Some don’t even realize it until they’re several months into the pregnancy.” 

You nodded, finding his explanation logical. It was true that you couldn’t have known considering that your period was irregular and there was nothing for you to base it on besides the fatigue and the morning sicknesses. 

After the session, you thanked the doctor and went along. Bambam was waiting for you in one of the seats outside the doctor’s office and he stood up the moment you emerged from the room.

“Is everything okay?” He asked in concern and you smiled with a nod. 

“Nothing to worry about.” You assured him. “I’m just…” You patted your belly. “Expecting.”

It took a moment for Bambam to process what you just said. When it finally did, his face broke into a grin. “Oh! Congratulations!” He cheered. 

“Thanks.” You replied as the two of you walked out of the hospital. 

“I bet Taehyung would be so happy.” He told. “Is he coming back soon?”

You frowned at his statement and shook your head slightly. “Not for another twelve months.”

Bambam stopped and looked at you sadly, “You mean he won’t–”

You shook your head but patted his cheek when he pouted. “Don’t worry about it. I’ll let him know. And he’ll be back by the time the baby gets here.”

Bambam smiled and nodded before asking excitedly. “Is it a girl or a boy?”

You laughed at his question, “It’s too early to know!”

“Oh right.” He chuckled in embarrassment and you invited him over to your house for some p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter