846 (Jungkook, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since I’m putting two drabble requests together, I decided to turn it into a full-blown scenario :) Plus I got inspired by the “For You” MV haha <3

Word Request: Jungkook - pop tarts, sweet


(Present Time)

Promises were often made but rarely kept. They were like their brothers--Wishes: often made but rarely came true.

Although, that never stopped Y/N from believing that somehow her wishes would come true and that he would keep his promise.

As she closed her eyes and kissed her clenched fist, she threw her hand back and the coin released from her palms, landing into the water with a plop.

I wish... She thought, just as her 845th coin sunk into the water. 

 

Flashback

Middle School

"You got the pack?"

"Yup!" She said as Jungkook caught up with her, walking in his uniform which was now quite rumpled and dirty. She scrunched her nose in disgust when she saw the stains on his polo, thinking whatever did he do to get those.

"Were you playing during lunch again?" She frowned as she dusted off his sleeve.

Jungkook shrugged and let her fix him up a bit: buttoning his shirt and pulling off his necktie which was no longer even tied around his neck and was loosely hanging off his shoulders. "Seriously Jungkook, can you at least clean up afterwards?"

"Yes mom." He mocked and she slapped his arm. "Ow!" He winced as he rubbed his arm, looking at her incredulously. “Y/N!” 

"I'm just concerned about the people around you who get to smell you." She made a face.

"I thought girls liked it when guys are all sweaty and hot?" He smirked and though it was meant to be funny, Y/N found herself blushing. She turned away to keep him from seeing.

"Exactly. Emphasis on 'hot'." She finger-quoted as she glanced back at him. "You're just sweaty."

"Are you blushing?" He grinned and she glared at him to cover up her blush. 

"No."

"Jagiya~"

"You did not just call me--" she stopped abruptly for when she turned, Jungkook was only inches from her face, looking down at her with a gaze that was enough to make her knees weak. 

"What if I did?" He challenged. 

"Huh?" Y/N asked stupidly and Jungkook sighed, taking a step back.

"For an honor student, you're pretty slow Y/N." 

"What are you talking about?"

"A 10-year-old would've figured it out." Jungkook muttered and she slapped his arm again. "Ow! What?!"

"I don't like not getting things." She whined and Jungkook stopped, crossing his arms with a smirk.

He opened his mouth to answer but decided to keep her guessing. "Nah. Let's go. I want those pop tarts."


~~~

High School - Sophomore Year

It has become a ritual that after school every Friday they would always hang out at the lake near the outskirts of town. Jungkook recently got his license and borrows his brother's truck to drive the two of them to the edge of the lake where they always stayed to have a picnic.

"Ready?" He asked with a smile as he picked her up at her house. He found himself staring as she hopped into the Chevy and placed the bag of goodies in the backseat.

She was wearing a simple tee over  white shorts and her hair was tied up in a ponytail. Bare-faced and barely dressed in something feminine, Jungkook wondered however could she make that look good. 

Jungkook was the type of guy who had girls shoving gifts at his desk on Valentines Day. He saw pretty girls with perfect bodies, smart girls with great personalities... But there was something about Y/N and her boyish attitude, carefree disposition, and natural beauty that made his stomach do somersaults.

"I baked your favourite~" she sing-songed and Jungkook's eyes widened like a little boy and Y/N chuckled, thinking how she lived for that reaction.

"No way." He gasped as he switched the console to drive. "Pop tarts?!"

"Oh yeah."

"I thought you were busy..." He started. "You know with exams coming up and--"

"I wanted to." She shrugged as she looked down at her lap. "I promised you I'd make them next time."

Jungkook felt his heart flutter at her response, happy that she remembered. He  felt the urge to reach out and hold her hand but stopped himself. 

Later, he told himself. Later for sure.

~~~

They sat by their tree, the same one they played in every afternoon in middle school. It was something they had never outgrown and had considered as an escape for whenever they needed a time out from the world.

"Jungkook get down from there." Y/N said as she looked up at him worriedly, seeing that he had climbed the branches and was swinging slightly.

"I've been doing this for years, Y/N." He grunted as he pulled himself up. "Chill." 

"You were lighter then." She rolled her eyes. "And the tree’s not getting any younger. The branches are brittle and can easily break!"

Jungkook chuckled before getting down with a thump and sitting across from her at the blanket. He took the Tupperware and opened it up, taking a single pop tart.

"You worry too much." He said as he took a bite, his face morphing into an expression of happiness and satisfaction. "Mmm!" He moaned as he threw his head back. "So good."

Y/N chuckled as she took a sip of her orange juice. "I care about you that's why I worry."

Jungkook stopped, thinking about her response. Is that all she saw me as?, he thought sadly. A friend? A brother? 

"Is that it?" He suddenly asked and she looked up at him questioningly.

"Huh? What's ‘it’?"

"You worry because you care about me.." He repeated her words, cautiously testing the waters before going for the big dive. "Is that all?"

Unsure of what he's trying to say, she answered, "I...guess?"

Jungkook huffed and turned away, "This is harder than I thought." He muttered to himself.

"What's hard?"

Jungkook's eyes widened, surprised that she had heard that. "I--"

"I'm right beside you Jungkook." She snickered when she saw the surprise in his eyes. "Of course I'd hear you, dufus."

Jungkook crossed his legs and fiddled with his fingers, building the courage to say his next words. "Y/N... I've been wanting to ask you something."

"Is it a Math question?"

"No."

"Then go ahead." She nodded with a smile and Jungkook felt his heart lighten; it's as if that smile gave him a boost of confidence. 

I'd do anything to be the reason for that smile, he thought. "What are we?" He asked and she frowned at his question.

"Umm.. I'm not sure what you mean--"

"Us." He repeated. "What are we? What is this--"

"We're," she grappled for the words. "We're friends... Right? Wait why are you even asking such--"

"That wasn't the question.” He interrupted and she looked at him expectantly.

"I was wondering..." He trailed, letting his eyes bore into hers. "If maybe...it was possible to be something more?"

Y/N paused as his question sunk, her heart beating a million miles per hour. Did he just confess? She thought.

"You know want, forget it." Jungkook said suddenly when she looked at him in confusion, unable to answer. "Forget I said--"

"Wait." He started to move away but she held his arm and Jungkook felt himself stop under her touch. 

"I--" she bit her lip, feeling shy. "Why?" She asked and Jungkook was caught off guard by her question, not expecting it at all.

"Well maybe I just like you." He said and her heart soared at his words.

She could tell that he was getting really flustered by the way his ears were turning red so she decided to end his misery by holding his hand and looking him in the eye. 

"Well maybe I just like you too."

~~~

High school - Senior Year

"Tell me a secret." Jungkook asked her. They were sitting at the back of his truck, her petite frame nestled between his legs as Y/N leant against his chest. His hands played with her fingers and she could feel his breath against her cheek. 

"What kind of secret?" Y/N asked. "You already know all of them."

"Tell me what you want to do in the future." He asked all of a sudden. 

"Hmm.." She hummed. "I want to be a teacher."

Jungkook smiled, thinking how perfect that was. "Yeah?"

"I want to teach children." She nodded. "Maybe build a school somewhere...and just teach them everything I wished people knew more of."

"Hmm." He hummed as his lips neared her ear. "And what's that?"

"That dreams are important." She said. "I think people need to believe in that more... To believe you can do anything."

"I believe you can do anything." He murmured and she glanced over her shoulder with a smirk.

"Even beat you at racing?" 

Jungkook chuckled and bopped her nose. "Except that. You know I'm the best."

"Jerk."

"But you love me." He smiled cheekily and she kissed his nose, unable to resist. 

"How about you? What's your dream?"

"I want a lot of things." He said honestly and Y/N found herself nodding. Jungkook was one of those people who can literally do anything. He's the guy who's good in academics, sports, and even music. Sometimes she worries for him, because being able to do anything was a hard task; especially when the people around you believe in that fact so much. 

"But there is something I'm sure I want to do."

"Yeah?" She asked and he nodded. 

"Remember that hill we used to go to back in middle school? There was a small house there at the top and we always played there, scaring each other that it was haunted."

Y/N chuckled at the story, remembering. "Yeah, you made me cry then."

"I'm sorry." He chuckled as he squeezed her hip. "Well I want to fix that house and live in it..."

"Oh?" She smiled, finding the idea to be wonderful. "That's aweso--"

"With you." He finished and she paused at his answer, hung slightly open as she looked over at him in awe.

"Jungkook--"

"You loved that place." He said as he traced her cheek with his thumb. "Maybe we can build your school close by too. Down by that fountain." 

Y/N felt tears welling in her eyes, thinking how beautiful his words sounded to her ears. At that moment, she knew Jungkook was special and what they had was something more than a puppy romance you read from the books. 

It was real. He was real.

"I'd like that." She smiled as a tear fell down her cheek. Jungkook caught them with his lips as he kissed his way down till he captured her lips with his, kissing her passionately. 

As they parted she said, "So you plan on making me live in a haunted house?"

Jungkook chuckled and nuzzled her nose, "It'll be exciting, I promise. We’ll be like ghost busters or something.” she laughed at his idea, shaking her head amusedly.

“We’re graduating soon.” Y/N started and he felt the shift in the air, heard the way her voice fell a little lower as sadness took over. “What’s going to happen to us once we--” she stopped as she felt him grasp her hand, squeezing lightly.

“Nothing’s going to change.” he smiled.

“Promise?”

“I swear--" He stopped, thinking how he needed something to swear upon. His eyes settled upon the container by their feet and he grabbed it before settling back beside her.

"I swear upon this delicious pop tart." He declared before taking a bite. Y/N laughed then as she looked up at the skies which was dusted with a million stars; each of them looking down at them like guardian angels.

Little did she know that Jungkook was looking down at her as she did, his eyes brighter than the stars out that night and when she finally looked up at him, she felt like she was in the middle of the universe.

"You're gonna have to take a bite too to seal the deal." He said as he munched on the treat.

"Get me a new one, then."

"No! You have to take a bite on this one!" He pushed the treat towards her and she pushed his hand away.

"No I don't wanna. You already breathed on it." She whined, acting all disgusted while Jungkook gave her a look.

"Aish! You don't want to because I breathed on it and yet we kiss all the time."

Y/N blushed at his statement making Jungkook laugh. In the end she ended up taking a bite and Jungkook stole a peck from her lips right after.

She wasn't sure which tasted sweeter.

End of Flashback
 

 

~~~

Five years later

"I'll come back." He had said.

Life is a game of tug of war. Opportunities come from left and right; always pulling you towards o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter