Soap & Vanilla (Xiumin, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by anon. Since a lot of you guys have been asking for some Xiumin fluff....Here you go! I had some time to write today, keke~ Enjoy!

 

Wide eyed and lungs filled with endless sighs, Minseok laid on his bed staring up the ceiling. He sighed yet again and closed his eyes; wanting to sleep the exhaustion away. 

But it was no use. 

The room was too cold, too neat, too empty--because hotel rooms were ought to be like that: rooms that are stayed in but not stained on. Never stained on. After tonight, his presence would hardly be noticeable with the change of sheets on his bed and the brush of the vacuum across the carpeted floors that would erase his footsteps like he was never here. 

Unlike my own bedroom which smelled of all things familiar, he thought. 

 

EXO was in the middle of their world tour and he was currently in Europe, a million miles away from his home. He was glad he got one room to himself considering that Baekhyun wanted to stay in Chanyeol and Jongdae’s room to do God knows what. They were always too hyped up after concerts and wouldn’t be able to sleep till the later hours of the morning. 

Usually, Minseok was just as hyped up--energised by the screams and chants of the fans that night. It echoed in the reserves of his mind like an old record playing over and over again. It made him happy how much he had achieved with EXO; how his group had climbed to fame and even extended their fandom to a global scale. 

But there were nights when he would be too tired after the concert, dragging his feet to his assigned room and just laying on his bed feeling like a ton of bricks was weighing on his shoulders. There were nights when he felt the pressure of his schedules and the exhaustion from non-stop practices that had him sprawled against the white bed; the mattress that smelled of soap which he scrunched his nose at because it’s the smell that told him he wasn’t home. 

Home, he thought. There were nights when he missed home...so much that it inflicted a slight pang in his chest. He missed the way home smells like vanilla and sweet promises; how home was a bright smile against plump lips that tasted like chocolate he might as well kissed them all day long. He missed how home spoke of encouraging words, saying how he shouldn’t listen to what the haters say and that he was a fantastic singer and performer. That he shouldn’t listen to those insults and let her words of love cover him like a blanket instead; to shield and comfort him from the pain. 

He missed home. And home was you.

Minseok looked to his right and the digital clock blinked 1:20 AM. He sighed, knowing that at this hour you were either working or in the middle of your classes. He sighed again and a flash of memories consumed him, images of you: your face, your smile, even the way your lips felt on his--

With a grunt, he reached for his phone and pressed one, unable to resist. He has you on speed dial for you were that important. In fact, you’re the only one he has on speed dial.

You answered on the third ring, your voice muffled against the receiver. “Hey--”

“Am I interrupting?” he asked, already smiling by just the sound of your voice. 

“I’m actually in the library doing some reading for my next class.” you whispered and Minseok grinned, sensing how you were trying to keep your voice really low. 

“Again, am I interrupting?” he asked again and you rolled your eyes. 

“If I said yes, would you have let me read in peace otherwise?”

“I think you know me well enough that I wouldn’t.”

“See?” you chuckled and he did too. “How are you?”

“Okay.” he sighed. “I just thought I’d call you.”

You frowned at his answer. When Minseok calls there was always a reason. Be it because he had news to tell or perhaps an incident with the boys which he would love to talk or laugh about with you.

If he calls and says he just “thought he’d call”, you knew something was up. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” he mumbled against the receiver, closing his eyes as he gripped the phone tighter to his ear. As if by doing so, he could actually pull you closer to him. 

“I think I know you well enough that it’s not.” you throw his words back at him which makes him smile.

“Do you like soap?” he asked all of a sudden and you scrunched your face in confusion at his random question. 

“What?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter