Two is Better than One (Kai, Luhan, OC) PART 2

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here's part 2 guys! =))

A special request from RikisiRixa ;P 

 

 

Everything was going well and they fell into their usual routine: talking and joking around like they always do. But in the middle of their meals, things started going off.

And it all started with a French fry. 

Luhan had ordered a burger sandwich with fries on the side. It was a usual thing for them to share food. Even grabbing food from each other's plate without permission was a usual thing for the three of them. So when Ririn asked for a French fry, Luhan decided to be creative. 

When she reached over to his plate to get one, Luhan slapped her hand away. "What?" Ririn looked at him surprised. "I can't have one?"

Luhan shook his head as he ate a French fry himself. 

"Selfish." Ririn pouted and Jongin smirked at the side, taking a bite of his pizza.

"Aish! You know I can't take it when you do that." Luhan sighed. Ririn smiled victoriously and reached out over to his plate again but Luhan slapped it away almost immediately. "What?!" Ririn hissed.

He pointed a finger at her and grabbed a French fry. He nudged it toward her face. "Say ah~"

Ririn's eyes widened at the French fry. "Wha--?" Before she finished that syllable, Luhan had put the French fry into . She slowly munched on it, looking and feeling dumbfounded. 

"Cute." Luhan smiled as he continued to eat his burger. Ririn hoped he didn't see how red her face has turned. 

Jongin, on the other hand, saw it and a a rush of jealousy consumed him. Okay, so this is how it's going to go down, he thought. 

"Hey Rin." Jongin called out all of a sudden.

"Hmm?" 

"Can I?" He pointed at her drink with shy smile. Ririn nodded as she nudged her drink towards him, "Sure."

Jongin never liked sharing and Ririn knew that. When it came to sharing drinks, he usually takes off the lid before taking a swig or not let his mouth touch the mouth of a water bottle; which is why it surprised her when he took a sip of her drink through the straw.

Through. The. Freakin'. Straw.

"Jongin..." Ririn muttered softly watching him. Luhan was now watching him as well with his mouth slightly opened. Jongin glanced at him with a smirk as if saying: take that!

Luhan rolled his eyes and tried not to be pissed at the indirect kiss he just acquired. 

"Are you okay?" Ririn asked.

Jongin took one last sip before handing the drink back to her. "Delicious." He smiled slyly. 

"Gross." Luhan muttered, earning a glare from Jongin. 

"Well the French fry looked good until your filthy fingers touched it." Jongin spat. 

Luhan faced him, "Oh? I could say the same for Ririn's drink."  He looked pointedly at the drink, snapping his fingers. "Oh that's right! I wouldn't know...because your filthy mouth already contaminated the straw!"


"Guys..."

"You started it!" Jongin argued. "The whole 'you look so pretty today'--"

"And you!" He spat. "You just had to in 'but she's always pretty, hyung." Luhan said mimicking a girl's voice. "Who's the flirt now?!" 

"I did not sound like that."

"Yes you did."

"You wanna go?"

"Where?" 

Their voices were escalating and a few customers were already looking their way, giving them dirty looks. "Right here, right now." Jongin stood followed by Luhan and the two of them openly glared at each other. Before anyone could raise a fist, Ririn stood up, "THAT'S ENOUGH!" 

Jongin and Luhan looked at her with bewildered expressions. Ririn was breathing hard, anger and disappointment evident in her face. "That's enough you two! I don't want to hear anymore!" 

The two boys looked at her and their gazes softened as they watched Ririn struggle to keep her tears at bay. 

"Ririn--" Luhan reached over to console her but she swatted his hand away. "Don't touch me!" She said and stared them both down with a menacing glare. "If the two of you are going to act this way, then I don't think I want to hang out with any of you anymore." 

"Rin--" Jongin looked hurt but Ririn ignored it as she grabbed her bag. "Don't talk to me until you guys grow some balls and not act like complete idiots." 

She stormed out of the place leaving the two boys standing there; the guilt eating them up.  

~~~
A week passed and there wasn't a single day when her phone wasn't bombarded with texts and calls. They were all from the same people: Jongin and Luhan. Ririn had never seen so many sorry messages in her life. She felt that they were sincere in their apologies and had already forgiven them the first time they said sorry. It's just that Ririn wasn't prepared to see them just yet. 

In the middle of the week, Jongin had come to her apartment and asked to talk to her. When she opened the door, Jongin was there looking somewhere in between pained and relieved. "Ririn."

"Kai." She crossed her arms and he winced at the sound of her calling him by his stage name. He always hated that. To her, he was always Jongin... Her Jongin. 

He hung his head low, feeling ashamed. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to loose it back there." He sighed. "I was a jerk."

Before Ririn could speak to let him in, he held up his hand, "No. Hear me out first. I want you to know that I did what I did because I was jealous."

Ririn stayed silent as he continued, "I like you Ririn. And no, not just as a friend but more than that. I--" he stopped as he struggled for the words. "I want you to be--"

Ririn almost laughed at how hard he was trying but she held it back. Jongin sighed, "I just like you, okay? Not like you as a friend but like like you. And I know you probably see me as a brother but I'm hoping I can change that." He looked at her with longing and Ririn couldn't help the way her heart started beating rapidly. 

"I guess that's it." He shrugged. "I'm not asking for an answer. Not yet anyway, but I hope you'll think about it~?" 

Ririn nodded and she saw a hint of hope gleam in his eyes. "Good night, Rin." He said before walking away.

"Good night, Jongin." She whispered, letting his words sink in. 

~~~
The following day, Ririn walked out of her school carrying a few books. She muttered why she had to read all of them when it wasn't even necessary when she goes off into the real world and how much of a hassle it was to carry it while walking home. She was to engrossed in her own thoughts that she didn't even realize a hand reaching out, taking the books from her hold. She turned to the side and saw Luhan in a black hoodie and glasses. He gave her a soft smile when their eyes met. Ririn, unfortunately, didn't return it. "What are you doing here?" 

Luhan frowned then shrugged, "Helping."

"Don't you have practice?" She asked coldly as she continued to walk with Luhan following her. 

"I--I needed to talk to you." He said. Ririn didn't stop walking and ignored him. Luhan sighed in frustration as he jogged towards her and blocked her path. "Ririn." 

She looked up at him with annoyance clear on her features, "What?"

"I'm sorry, okay?"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter