The Art of Falling (Jin, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey dears~ it's been a while, I know. I've been really busy with school and I'm sorry to say that it's not getting any easier for me so expect that I'll be quite inactive in the next few weeks :(( It's just that it's my thesis writing semester and I have to focus all my writing on that so yeah.. I'll try to update as much as I can on my free time but I can't promise scenarios every week :(

Anyway, I got inspired today and I wrote this even if I was really tired and and this practically took all my rest time. hahaha! But I started reading poems by Lang Leav and I got inspired so, here's the product <3 I hope you'll like it. I tried to apply what i've learned from her poems and hopefully soon, I'll be able to weave words as good as she does it. <3

I chose Jin since he needs more love on this blog, yeah? :"> and to thin that he's my bias. lol



Standing in his neatly-pressed suit and shiny leather shoes, Jin made his way to the full-length mirror of the hotel room he was staying in to fix his bow tie. 

He his lips then swallowed the lump forming in his throat as he gazed at his reflection in the mirror. 

Handsome, they said. To everyone, he has always been good-looking; with fair skin, almond-eyes, plump lips and an amiable face. 

It was one of the reasons why he even got into the modeling and entertainment industry. He simply had the face sculpted for magazines; the face everyone wanted to replicate. 

But...

Knock knock...

"Come in." Jin said and the door slowly opened revealing one his best friends.

"Ready to dance down the aisle?" Namjoon peaked in, his blonde hair swept up to the back. 

"If I do that she might runaway and cancel the wedding." He joked and Namjoon chuckled as he entered the room, stopping beside him to clap him on the shoulder. "Nah~ Y/N likes it when you dance."

Jin smiled at the thought.

"I'm not sure what's wrong with her." Namjoon added and Jin gave him a deadly gaze before elbowing him on the rib. "Look who's talking—“

"I was kidding." Namjoon chortled. When his laughter finally died down, Namjoon noticed Jin looking quite apprehensive. "Yah," he nudged him. "You alright?

"I think I am." He said, not bothering to hide his true feelings. 

"Getting cold feet?" Namjoon smirked.

"Don't even joke about that." Jin warned as he grabbed his coat from the hamper. Namjoon gave him a worried look, "You're not actually thinking about—

Jin sighed as he wore his coat, wondering why he suddenly felt unsure. 

~~~

Summer 2011 (2 years ago)

"Jerk."

Jin was a little taken aback when he turned around, catching your slightly scowling face. He was so immersed in his thoughts that he didn't even see you walking towards him and had evidently bumped into you, hard; causing you to drop the coffee you just bought. 

It was fine that he did, what maddened you was the fact that he kept walking without apologizing. 

He gave you a one-over which only made you more infuriated. "Who do you think you are?" You snapped as you placed your hands on your hips. 

"I'm sorry." Jin said sincerely, having no idea why he felt a little happy seeing you explode at him. 

Cute, he thought. "I'm sorry, I was just—“

"Hyung!" A voice yelled from across the room and Jin turned to find Jimin calling out to him. 

"I'm sorry." Jin said again but you only rolled your eyes at him. "Can I—“ Before he could finish and offer you another drink, you scoffed then walked away, leaving him equally guilty and dazed.

"Hyung!" This time it was Taehyung who called. The boy went over to him, looking at him expectantly. "Let's go?"

Jin watched your retreating form, confused as to why he felt like he was losing something. "Y-yeah—“

Taehyung had to pull him to get him walking. Jin followed with lazy footsteps, almost like he had just woken up from a dream.

It was only till later did he realize, the girl scowling at him had struck a chord in his heart—and when she left, she had taken his heart with her. 

~~~

(Winter 2011)

"Did you know that the first thing you ever said to me was that I'm a jerk?"

Jin took you to a coffee shop downtown near your school. It was the middle of December and the Yuletide season can definitely be felt with the amount of people walking through the streets, scurrying through stores in the midst of doing last minute Christmas shopping; the Christmas carols playing in the malls and radio stations; and the cold.

 

Definitely the cold. 

"That doesn't count." You chuckled. "We didn't even know each other yet."

Jin smiled at your words. After the coffee incident, he had met you at his college where the two of you, by some crazy coincidence, shared several classes for the new semester. From the time you spent there, you realized that he wasn't such a jerk after all and that he was actually a great guy. It didn't take long before the two of you became friends. 

"Well, what did you say?" Jin asked as he leant his chin on his hand, gazing at you under those long lashes that seemed to go on forever. You cleared your throat when you caught yourself staring, "That you're not as good looking as you think you are." 

Jin's smile widened as sat back on his chair, looking pleased. "This is why I like you."

"Yeah?" You asked nonchalantly as you took a sip of your coffee, trying not to read into what he just said. The truth was, Jin has always been blunt about liking you… he said it all the time but you never knew how to react nor understood what exactly he was trying to say, and maybe that's why the two of you seemed to be stuck in a haze of never getting to know if you should stay friends or what? 

 

Stuck in an imaginary friend-zoned bubble.

"Because you’re honest." Jin said. "And you don't hold back—“

"Are you saying that I'm blunt?" 

"Brutally." Jin said then chuckled when you punched him on the arm. "Violently, too." He added as he held his arm, acting as if he was in pain. 

"Whatever." You rolled your eyes as you looked out the window of the café, watching the people go by; the snow and the lights twinkling in almost every store adding a magical effect. 

"Hey Y/N." Jin tapped your shoulder and you looked at him with questioning eyes. "Hmm?"

"If I asked you a question now, you'd answer it truthfully right?"

You rolled your eyes again. "Brutally blunt, remember?" You quoted with a smile. Jin stared at you for a while and he thought just how beautiful you looked under the cafe's lights. The yellowish glow casting shadows against your cheekbones, lighting your eyes that seemed to sparkle when you smile. 

You looked back at him wondering what was going on in that head of his. There came to a point when you felt a little uncomfortable under his gaze that you had to ask, "Uh… Jin why are you—“

"I like you." He blurted and you almost choked on your own spit.

 

"I—I like you too—?”

"Is that a question?” He smiled the added: “I meant that as more than a friend." 

You blushed at his bluntness and as he continued to stare, the heat traveled through your body like lava was your skin. The coffee is staring to do it’s magic, you thought though you knew the hot beverage has nothing to do with what you were feeling right now.

"Jin, I—“

"My question is," he said as he leaned closer, his voice dropping to a whisper. "Do you like me too?"

You try not melt under his gaze but it was too hard not to. Jin had the eyes that looked into your soul and you almost wondered if he could read your thoughts just by staring your face.

"And you say I'm the blunt one." You muttered as you avert your gaze, wanting to hide the blush on your cheeks. 

You felt a something soft at the bottom of your chin and realized that it was Jin's fingers, trying to make you look at him once more. When your eyes locked, he said, "And you don't usually dodge the question."

"I'm not dodging the question." You objected as you removed your chin from his hand. 

"Then what—“

"Because like you too. I just wasn't sure how to say it." You said stupidly. 

Jin looked at you as a grin crept to his lips. Before you knew it, he had held your hand from underneath the table, entwining your fingers with his. "Good."

"Yah—“ you said as you stared pointedly at your locked hands. "What do you think you're doing."

"Doing what a good boyfriend does." He shrugged. "Don't you girls love this?"

"No."

"No?" He frowned but when he saw the smile you were trying to suppress, he grinned and poked your rib. "Aigoo, you almost got me..."

"Almost?" You chuckled as you squeezed his hand, loving how it fitted perfectly; like it was meant to hold each other.

"You're right." He sighed as he kissed the back of your hand. "You already got me.”

~~~

(Present)

Jin opened the door to the chapel and was met by greetings from his family and friends. The venue was at a small church in your hometown. As much as he wanted to show you off: a big wedding at the grandest cathedral in the city, a wedding story feature printed on Korea's top magazines, and even a prenup shoot in a foreign country of your choice, he didn't for he respected your decision of wanting your wedding to be small and limited to your family and closest friends. 

Flashback

"Are you sure, jagiya?" He asked as he rubbed circles at the back of your hand; the two of you going over some wedding details at his apartment. "I mean, don't every girl dreams of a big wedding—“

"I'm not like other girls." You said and Jin sighed, realizing his mistake. He smiled and kissed your nose. "You're right. You're not."

"I just want a simple wedding. Just you and me and our families and close friends." You said. As you were blabbering about how the wedding should go, Jin had sneakily s his arm across your waist, pulling you onto his lap. He buried his face on your neck, making you shvier and lsoe focus on the job at hand. "Yah—what are you doing?"

"Being clingy." He said and you chuckled at his childish behaviors letting yourself succumb to his touches. "Is it okay with you? The wedding to be small, I mean?"

He hummed against your skin, the vibration sending a pleasurable tickle. "I'm fine as long as you're in it." You smiled against him, wondering however did you get to where you were now. It seemed only yesterday that he was the jerk who bumped into you at the coffee shop. And now, Jin had managed to make himself your everything.

 

It scared you at first, the way your body responded to him; the way you blushed at his compliments so easily, the way you shivered at his caresses, and the way your insides turned upside down whenever he whispered those three beautiful words. 

Falling in love was difficult for you because you never believed in the love; not when your own family was broken; your parents untrue to the vows they had once exchanged with one another. 

But the thing with Jin is that he made it so easy. Loving him felt like child's play: simple and uncomplicated. You agreed on the same things, you worked things out almost effortlessly, and you thought each other's thoughts... dreamt each other's dreams.

And that was what scared you the most. Child's play often faded, transcended into a bigger world filled with lies and deception… of cruelty and loneliness. 

"And as long as there's cake." He added, and just like that you chuckled, his words pushing away the negative thoughts in your head: the confusion and the doubts—

And there was only him and his love, filling you to the brim. 

End of flashback

"There's the man of the hour!" Hoseok cheered as he gave his hyung a hug. The rest of his friends surrounded him, looking neat and bright in their tuxedos. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter