Lost Love

千年の愛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We meet during our 3rd year of university, both in the elite circle given the status of our families. He was the infamous eldest Jung heir of the multi-billion dollar cooperation of the Jung Industries, focusing on the trade of precious jewels and gems. The Jung industries also had several separate smaller companies branching into the trade of oil and precious minerals. In short he was wealthy, extremely so. 

But I myself also had a small fortune in my name, inherited from my late grandparents and parents, who were the leading suppliers of electrical goods in South Korea. We were well off, some would say wealthy, but compared to the vast Jung fortunes it was nothing. 

So of course being wealthy we were bound to have some kind of connection to each other, may it be business from our parents or circle of friends. And as fate has it, our connection was from our small group of friends. 

It was a wonder we didn't meet each other earlier, sharing a similar group of friends with comparable backgrounds. But as fate has it, I didn’t fit in well with ‘that’ group, The Socially Elite. 

Yes. Although I am considered a part of them, I was never really ‘one’ of them. They were all in line to be successors of their family businesses, majoring in business and law. That shared the same interests, but I was different. I preferred my own group of friends, the nerds if you must, to them, I wasn’t like them, and I didn’t want to be like one of them.  

I wasn’t intending to inherit and succeed my fathers’ business. I wanted to be a doctor, a pediatrician to be exact. I wanted to save lives, to bring happiness to the world; I wanted to make change. 

I’ve always had a soft spot for children; they were all so pure and innocent, the opposite of adults who were corrupt and adulterated. Hence why I wanted to be a pediatrician. 

We met during one of the Jung family’s yearly parties, coerced by my mother into attending. Albeit reluctantly I went, I knew it was rude for the sole Kim heir to never attend the social events the elite conjured up with, and there was the first time I saw Jung Yunho face-to-face. 
Of course I have heard of him before. 

Who hasn’t? He was famous. One of the most talked about subjects of interest amongst everyone. 

I’ve seen him from a distance, laughing with his friends, he was never alone; he always had someone by his side. Well, what did I expect? He was after all the Jung heir; men and women alike flocked to his side.  

In preparation for the Jung gathering, my mother forced me to clean up my appearance. Gone were the dirty scrubs, the messy hair and thick frames, in its place remained a well cut tailored suit, especially made in Italy, lined with satin lapels surrounded in velvety soft fabric, paired with a silk tie and expensive Italian leather shoes. My hair was cut and dyed a light shade of blond with subtle highlights, accentuating my facial features, most notably my prominent cheekbones and eyes. I was also softly doused in cologne, with top notes consisting of apple, sandalwood and white musk. 

On the night of the party I surrounded by rich men and women, insisting that I meet with their children, hoping that a union would happen between us. One of the said couples that insisted I met her children, her child to be exact, happened to Jung Yunho. 

She didn’t take no for an answer, seeing as she is the hostess of the party I wouldn’t have been able to refuse her, seeing as my father nodded approvingly across the room, eyeing my actions. 

She introduced me to her son. 

He was everything people said he was. Charming, funny and clever. Although we came from different domains, he was extremely well educated that we even managed to have a light, but pleasant conversation surrounding the mystery of the human body, of course with a few corrections here and there from me. 

He was very charming; he listened well to my dreams, never once discouraging or critical of my career choices. In fact he was delighted and proud that I refused to follow in my father’s footstep, happy that I wanted to be a doctor instead, he was very supporting. 

From that meeting onwards it became a regular occurrence that we met for lunch, it was uncomplicated, since as we both attended the same university meeting every few days to catch up over lunch was nothing of the ordinary. 

But those few lunch ‘dates’ as he liked to call them, became more frequent, we met everyday consistently to eat, talk and chat. After several months we got fairly close, inseparable even. Where I went he went he followed my side like a lost puppy, never leaving me alone when he had free time. More than once I had to usher him out of my lectures, he was too distracting, constantly wanting my attention. 

For the next year our friendly ‘dates’ turned into something more, on the 10th of June, 1 year after our very first meeting he asked me to become his boyfriend. I was ecstatic of course! 

Somehow I unwittingly fell in love. 

We went on dates almost everyday, each time was a new experience. I remember our very first date, it was very clichéd but none-the-less very romantic. We had a candlelit dinner beneath cherry blossoms, the petals slowly made its decent from the trees, covering us in a light dust of pink. We took a walk along the beach. He carried me home seeing as I was a clumsy human being and managed to fall into the ocean. He kissed me goodnight on the front porch, wishing me sweet dreams and that we shall meet in our dreams. I blushed, sweetened by his words before too wishing him a goodnight with a gentle peck of the lips and running back into the mansion embarrassed.  

We dated for another year before he asked me to marry him. 

He proposed on my 23rd birthday, beneath the very same trees we had our first date. I was over the moon, thrilled at his proposal so I said yes without a doubt.  

We got married that same year. On June 10th

The wedding was marvelous, extravagant, almost everyone in the nation knew of our marriage. It was broadcasted all over the news, the leading story for nearly a week.  

All our friends and families attended. His friends from childhood, high school and university all attended, as well as my small group of friends from the hospital. The head count came to 555. It was a very large and memorable moment indeed. I remember everyone wishing us happiness and bountiful children. It was perfect. A moment that I promise to cherish and treasure forever, for I knew that he was my true love. 

On our weddin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter