Chapter 30 (Final)

Shadows of the Dark

Chapter 30:

A/N: As said, Chapter 30 will be the last chapter for this fic. Because I want to keep this fic as PG, therefore there will be an extra for this fic opened under mature content only for those who wanna read those scenes. I promise this chapter will not be as depressing as the previous chapter.

All right, here we go, prepare your hearts dearies.

---

Mika limped his way over when the other paramedics are getting help for Hyunseung and Seungho. He sat down in pain beside Seungho whose heart has already stopped beating.

"Hyung..."

Mika placed his fists on top of Seungho's chest. He softly pounded his fists, tears streaming down his eyes and onto the dead man's face.

"Why are you so bad... I'm never going to forgive you ever again... You hurt my pretty face... Junnie will not forgive you either... You made Hyunseung suffer so much... He will never forgive you... Hyung... why didn't you tell us anything... You wouldn't have been in this state if you told us... Is it my fault... that I didn't realise your feeling for me... Is it our fault for not realising your smiles are all faked? Hyung... Wake up... Answer me... Hyung...!"

Mika buried his face on Seungho's chest. Lee Joon placed his hand on his back.

"Mika-ssi, the paramedics will be bringing to the hospital now..."

Mika nodded and before he got up, he placed a soft kiss on Seungho's forehead and closed his eyes.

"Hyung, go safely... Have a better next life, where you will find the right one for you, who will be there for you when you need him or her. I will miss you..."

Mika was then took to the hospital along with Yoseob. Lee Joon then shook his head as he looked at Seungho.

"Family bought up is important too. If his parents were to treat him with more love and concern, he wouldn't be in this state."

An officer took the video camera and passed it to Lee Joon. He took it back with him to the station as evidence.

---

Junhyung was pacing outside the operation room as it has already been the fourth hour since Hyunseung has been pushed in.

"Hyung."

Junhyung turned as he felt a tap on his shoulder. Yongguk, Himchan, Dongwoon and Gikwang all came rushing to the hospital after getting a phone call from Namji telling them what happened to Junhyung. Junhyung felt fresh tears override his dry stained cheeks as he hugged Yongguk. The younger brother patted the elder on his back in comfort.

"He will be all right, hyung. Don't worry, he will be all safe and sound when the operation is done."

Junhyung and Yongguk broke their hug when a nurse came rushing over.

"We are currently running low of blood supplies for Hyunseung-ssi. May I know if any of you are having B or O blood types?"

Junhyung, Yongguk and Himchan raised their hands as they were all O blood types.

"Hyung, you are under daily medication, so you wouldn't be able to donate."

The nurse then confirmed with the couple that they are able to donate at least two bags of blood and got both of them into the operation room.

"Yongguk, Himchan!"

The couple turned back as they heard Junhyung calling out to them.

"Thank you."

They smiled and quickly followed the nurse into the room. Junhyung, Dongwoon and Gikwang then sat down on the seats provided outside the operation room as they pray for good news.

Hyunseung, I'm sorry for being so useless at this critical time... Please stay with me, baby...

---

Yongguk and Himchan are both in the same operation room as Hyunseung as the nurses started preparing for blood transfusion. Himchan was shivering slightly as he has always been scared of needles. Yongguk held his hand and gave him a smile.

"Hyunseung hyung will be so proud of you, to be so brave to overcome your fear."

Himchan squeezed his eyes tightly shut when he saw the nurse taking out the needle.

"For Hyunseung hyung... For Hyunseung hyung... For Hyunseung hyung... For Hyunseung hyung..."

Yongguk smiled and held Himchan's free hand.

"I love you."

Yongguk whispered softly. Himchan squeezed Yongguk's and smiled back.

"I love you too," He whispered.

Hyung, I used this blood as an oath. Please, I need you to get out of this hospital alive and jumping.

They made their silent prayers as their blood are being transfused to the unconscious man.

---

"Hyunseung...? Where is he...?"

Hyunseung's mum called out as she saw the three boys seating outside the OR. Hyunseung's mum held onto the hand of her husband with Geurim looking all frantic, Junhyung got up immediately and greeted Hyunseung's parents.

"We rushed over as soon as Geurim picked up your call. What happened? Why was he kidnapped?"

Hyunseung's dad asked in an exasperated tone. Junhyung bowed his head in apology, "I'm sorry... It's all my fault... I should have listened to Zico and the guys when they told me about Seungho... I... just... he is my best friend... And I never... I-"

Before Junhyung could finish his sentence, a tight slap was sent across his cheeks.

"This is all your fault! You er! I told you to never let Hyunseung be hurt! I will not let you off this time round! I will kill you myself! You ing chose to believe your stupid hyung who betrayed you! You ing idiot!"

"Kwon, stop it! Calm down!"

Minhyuk pulled back his fuming lover and prevent him from causing Junhyung any more harm. Gikwang stood up as Dongwoon tried to get up on his own.

"Would you believe me if one day I were to tell you your boyfriend was cheating on you and I witnessed him doing so? But I'm not able to produce any prove. I could only tell you what I saw and what I interpret what I saw into the wronging he is getting into. But of course, you will chose to believe your boyfriend instead because you believe that you know him better than I do."

Dongwoon said as he placed the iced coffee that he bought before the others came on Junhyung's burning cheeks.

"I understand that you are angry and you blame it on Junhyung because he was the cause for Seungho doing these things to Hyunseung. But Seungho was in state where he hides himself up well in front of his friends. You don't know the whole story of Junhyung and Seungho's friendship so stop putting the blame on Junhyung when the culprit is already dead."

"Dongwoon, it's okay..."

Junhyung held Dongwoon on the shoulder and turned back to the others.

"I know all of you are angry with me. I blame myself for all these that happened too. I placed my trust on the wrong person... Seungho hyung used to help me a lot when I was trying to adapt to Japan life, he was like family to me... But I never knew he had such hatred towards me... I don't understand why..."
"You will understand after watching this."

Officer Lee Joon walked towards them and bowed to the parents of Hyunseung in politeness. He played the video that Seungho recorded on his iPad. Geurim and her mother were already crying when the attackers started on Mika. Yukwon broke down when Seungho plunged the knife through Hyunseung's palm. Kyung buried his face into Zico's shoulder when he heard Hyunseung's screams. Junhyung felt his heart tore up as he hears the story of Seungho's life. He never thought his hyung felt that. He blamed himself for not noticing at all. Everyone was horrified with the news of Seungho rapping his own brother. Zico remembered that guy named Thunder. He was one of the bravest guy who would daringly challenge Hyunseung in a dance battle despite knowing his reputation in the underground dance arena. Another office walked over and looked at Lee Joon.

"What's the matter, Jihwan-ah?"

"Officer Lee Joon, this is Sanghyun, Seungho's brother."

Jihwan stepped aside to reveal the young man behind him. Zico, Park Kyung, Minhyuk and Yukwon could instantly recognise him despite his arm in cast. bandage right eye and swollen left jaw.

"T-thunder...?"

Junhyung's voice trembled when he saw the poor injured boy. Tears were dripping down Thunder's uncovered eye.

"Hyung... I'm sorry... I'm sorry for what hyung did to your boyfriend..."

Junhyung gave Thunder a soft hug. Despite everything he went through, Thunder came back to Korea to personally apologise. Jihwan then told Lee Joon that Yoseob have woke up and they would need to do some questioning. Gikwang asked if he could tag along since he wanted to see Yoseob. Lee Joon agreed and Dongwoon reluctantly followed, in fear that Yukwon would continue to cause Junhyung harm.

"Thunder... Why did you come back..."

Thunder kneeled on the ground, bringing gasps out of the others. They all tried to pulled him up but he shook his head.

"Hyung told me about his plan to... hurt you when he was-... h-hurting me... I wanted to stop him... Wanted to tell you about him, but I was in a coma for a month... I just woke up in the morning and took the first available flight back from Japan, but I'm still too late... I'm too late... Seungho hyung is dead... So I came over to apologise, to apologise for being late, for not doing something earlier..."
Thunder hiccuped in sobs, he held onto his torso and coughed slightly because his wounds started hurting.

"I know what my hyung did was unforgivable. But if you want to blame on someone, please blame it on me, on my family. I have noticed the change in Seungho hyung since he was made to go Japan. I was there to send him off at the airport. His smiles were so forced, his calls got shorter and lesser by the days past by. His happiness was in my every night wish. But he started to smile when he told me his new friend, Junhyung hyung. And he was so happy when he told me about Mika too. I thought he got better. But things turned out bad when he got back his final results, I noticed the anger in hyung's eyes whenever we had video calls. I remember his words started to hint deeper meanings and he turned violent. I went visiting every two months and each time he seems more and more distant. I see the signs but I chose to ignore it. I thought I could make him feel better, but I was wrong... My parents chose the wrong timing and wrong way to tell him the truth. I couldn't go against my parents, but I regret doing so. I regret not doing something when I could have."

"Do you seriously think that just your apology alone is able to take Hyunseung's pain away? He has been inside the OR for five hours! Five ing hours!"

Yukwon shouted at Thunder. Minhyuk hugged him and took him to the side to calm him down. He hugged him and whispered him things to calm him down. Park Kyung pulled Thunder up to stand on his feet. A slap flew across Thunder's right cheek.

"This is for not bringing help to your brother. I have spent time with him for a few weeks while he was in Dusk. I know he was not a bad person deep down, but his hatred blinded his heart and make him drop into a pitch of darkness. But after every thing, I guess he was waiting for someone to notice that he was struggling at the bottom of the pool with his ankles chained to the ground. You saw him, yet you didn't jump down the pool to offer him help. That's why he drowned. He gave up gasping for air and screaming for help."

Kyung wiped off the tears on his cheeks with the back of his hands. Zico placed his hands on his lover's waist to pull him back into his embrace.

"But I know you can't swim and you threw in an air tank in hope that he could use it but it didn't reach him. You end up falling into the pool too, screaming for help cause you couldn't swim. Seungho saw the chance and wanted you to drown with him. But he let you off before your last bit of oxygen dies off. The reason why, only his heart knows."

Zico said and gave him a pat on the shoulder. All of them turned their heads back in alarm when the doctors and nurses came out pushing Hyunseung, who was on the bed with tubes connected, towards the ICU. The operating doctor was stopped by Junhyung.

"How is he?"

"The bleeding on his lower waist has been stopped. It is stitched up along with the wounds on his shoulder and palm. He will be running a high fever starting from tonight, if he makes it through the night, he will be fine. The bone in his knee is fixed back to its original position, but-"

"Will he still be able to dance?"

Yongguk asked as Himchan and him walked out of the OR together. The doctor shook his head in apology.

"The damage were too severe for his bones and nerves. They were shattered to pieces. He would be lucky to even be able to walk normally..."

Geurim buried her face into her father's shoulder, muffling her loud cries. Her mum bit her fingers to suppress the loud sobs. Junhyung dropped to the ground in despair after the doctor walked away. Yukwon screamed out in depression.

"Shh shh..."

Minhyuk hugged him tightly as he himself was choked with cries. They knew how much happiness will be stripped off Hyunseung's life if he knew of this. Yongguk and Himchan got reminded of their past accident and they know the amount of pain Hyunseung will have to go through. Zico softly placed Kyung one of the seats and stopped a nurse and asked if they could visit Hyunseung. She said yes, but only two at a time.

---

Yoseob tried to pull out the thing that was piercing his arm. He felt someone pulled his hand away and he opened his eyes. He closed them back as he felt blinded by the bright lights glaring into his vision. He groaned and tried to leave up his aching arm to block the lights when he was again held down.

"Why are you so stubborn even when you are injured?"

Yoseob felt his vision cleared up when he saw Doojoon standing in front of him.

"Do-..."

Yoseob felt a lump in his throat and coughed out violently. Doojoon panicked and profusely pressed the call bell.

"I'm calling the nurse now!"

Yoseob whined in pain when his broken protest as he coughed. He dug his face into the pillow. Doojoon didn't know what to do to make his boyfriend better, he was panicking as he jumped on spot. Yoseob calmed down after a few more times of coughing and the nurse came in. Doojoon was about to step out when Yoseob grabbed his finger.

"S-stay...?"

Yoseob's voice was hoarse from the coughing. Doojoon looked at the nurse and she nodded with a smile.

"Yoseob-ssi, do you know where are you?"

"This is a hospital ward, since you are a nurse and I'm on a bed with these ugly looking clothes."

The nurse hid her amused smile behind Yoseob's board. His brain doesn't seem to be asleep while his body was for the past five hours.

"I will bring the doctor in a while, please press the bell if you need anything. The police officer will be here in a while too. Are you in the condition for statement taking?"

"Y-yeah, I guess..."

She smiled before leaving the couple alone. Doojoon slumped onto the chair and pressed his forehead on Yoseob's hand.

"Thank God you are all right..."

Doojoon placed a kiss on his hand and looked into his lover's eyes.

"How long have I been here?"

"Reaching the five hours mark in a few more minutes."

Yoseob cupped Doojoon's face.

"I was so scared that you didn't get the call..."

"Gikwang got your call and I was walking with Junhyung to the mall... He told us about the three of you, and he immediately called the police and ambulance when he saw the bleeding boy on the ground. I freaked out... In the first time in my life, I felt like my life became meaningless if you were not around."

"I'm so scared... So scared that you wouldn't be able to find me. So scared that if you were to find me, what will they do to you..."

Yoseob started crying and Doojoon stood up to give him kisses. He softly wrapped his hands around Yoseob's neck and hugged him.

"I'm so glad that you are all right..."

"Don't you ever dare to do this to me any more..."

Doojoon pressed his forehead on Yoseob's softly. Knocks were heard, the president wiped off the tears from both of their faces.

"Come on in."

The doctor came in to do a slight check-up before Gikwang and Dongwoon came in after the doctor.

"!"

Gikwang buried his face into Yoseob's neck and cried.

"I hate you! You idiot!"

Gikwang cried and cried awhile Yoseob patted his back.

"You would have done the same thing as me..."

Gikwang hit his chest and Yoseob winced in pain.

"Oh !"

Gikwang panicked. Dongwoon quickly pulled Gikwang away before he do more damage to the injured male.

"Ease up."

Doojoon pushed back Yoseob's long bangs and give him a comforting rub on his head, hoping that would lessen his pain.

"How are you feeling now, Yoseob?" Dongwoon asked in concern.

"Aching pain, but good to be alive."

Doojoon placed a kiss on Yoseob's forehead. Gikwang smiled at the lovingness Doojoon was expressing.

"How about Hyunseung?"

Yoseob asked and was answered with three solemn faces.

---

Mika-ssi, pease! You can't get up yet!"

Mika was trying to pull out the IV drip connected on his arm. He wanted to see Hyunmin, his poor Hyunmin who got a shot on his chest. Another row of shouting could be heard from down the hallway. Mika's room door burst open to reveal a pale and staggering Hyunmin. Mika jumped off his bed, ignoring the sharp pain piercing through the back of his head and his spine.

"Min!"

Mika tightly hugged Hyunmin and pressed their foreheads together. Hyunmin groaned in pain but pressed his forehead back too and closed his eyes.

"I was so worried..."

"I love you."

Hyunmin opened his eyes in shock. Mika was not someone who would openly express his feelings out loud. The only times when he would hear Mika say these three words were only if they were alone and he would shyly whisper into his ears and then treat it like he did not say it. Hyunmin softly pressed his lips on Mika's. A short kiss yet filled with love.

"Mika-ssi, Hyunmin-ssi, sorry to interrupt. I have arranged a double room for both of you by Jun-ssi's orders. He knew that both of you would not want to be apart. I will get them to transfer you now, so can the both of you go back to your beds for now?"

Namji smiled at the both of them. Hyunmin nodded but before he went off, Namji then added on, "Jun-ssi is very sorry he couldn't be here because Hyunseung-ssi is still in the ICU. He would visit the two of you once everything settles down over there."

Mika and Hyunmin both nodded solemnly as they knew Hyunseung had it worse.

---

Hyunseung could hear the beeping sounds ringing beside his ears. He tried shifting his body as he felt the heat unbearable. He vividly felt a cold palm pressing on his forehead. He felt at ease and drifted back to sleep.

---

He woke up again. He felt someone caress his cheek. He wanted to open his eyes but his eyelids felt like it weighs a ton.

"Seung, umma will cook your favourite once you get home. Please-"

Hyunseung could hear muffled cries.

Umma, please don't cry... Why are you crying...

Hyunseung drifted off to sleep again.

---

"I bought Jay here... I know I'm not allowed to bring pets here, but he misses you... Oppa, quickly get up and him..."

Geurim-ah, sorry to make you take care of him... I will get up now...

Hyunseung felt himself falling back into darkness...

---

"Seungie hyung, everyone at Dusk misses you... We didn't let Yukwon in. He is running a fever from crying too much... Hyung, get well soon."

Zico squeezed Hyunseung's hand.

---

"Please get through this and wake up soon..."

Hyunseung wanted to get up, but he felt so sleepy and the heat in him was making him too weak to fight.

Junhyung-ah, I want to wake up too, but I'm so sleepy...

He fell back to sleep.

---

Hyunseung groggily woke up again but his eyelids were too heavy. He tried to move is hands but his shoulder sends sharp pain to his brain each time he attempt to move.

"Don't worry. His fever is subsiding, he will be transferred to normal ward in the noon. He lost a lot of blood, his body needs to rest. He will be fine, Junhyung."

"Thank you, Donghae..."

Junhyung so tired and sluggish.

"You should go back and sleep, Jun. Have you eaten anything? Jun, do not forget that you are on daily medication till you finished the dosage."

"I don't need to eat them... I took the lift yesterday..."

"I would be really glad to hear that if you took it willingly without any fear."

Junhyung sighed, "Please, just let me stay with him till he wakes up..."

---

Hyunseung jolt awake and groaned when he felt a burning pain on his shoulder.

"S-st-stop it... It hu-hurts..."

"Hyunseung-ssi, please stop moving. I have to change your bandage."

Hyunseung slowly opened his eyes. He groggily made out that it was a nurse talking to him.

"Hyunseung-ssi, great to see that you are awake. You are in a hospital. I have to ask you to bear the pain because I have to reapply your medication."

Hyunseung softly nodded and clenched his teeth. He felt the urge to scream out when the medication stings his wound. The nurse quickly got his bandage redone and wiped off the tears streaming down Hyunseung's eyes.

"Thank you for cooperating, Hyunseung-ssi. I will inform the doctor that you are awake. Please do not move."

The nurse looked like she is in her early twenties. She smiled before drawing back the curtains. With the lights suddenly glaring at Hyunseung's eyes, he squint his eyes to see the person with his head placed beside his arm.

"J-junhyung..."

Hyunseung softly pressed his injured palm on Junhyung's soft hair.

"He only managed to fell asleep half an hour ago. He have been up for two days straight, and his family doctor only managed to make him bathe in the bathroom and take a short nap beside you just a while ago."

Hyunseung run his thumb over Junhyung's sunken cheeks. Hyunseung remember the conversation he heard when he was half conscious. Junhyung stirred in his sleep when he felt someone touching him. He slowly opened his eyes and blinked. He jumped up in his seat when saw Hyunseung smiling at him.

"S-seungie... Se-... Is it really you...?"

Junhyung slowly reached for Hyunseung's face with trembling hands. Hyunseung rose his bandage palm and pressed it on Junhyung's chest.

"I'm sorry... I really am so sorry... So sorry... Seung, I'm sorry..."

Junhyung cried out, he buried his face into Hyunseung's good shoulder. His shoulders were trembling from the hard cries. Hyunseung smiled and pressed his nose into Junhyung's hair.

"I'm still alive, no? Stop apologising..."

Junhyung pulled back and stared into Hyunseung's eyes.

"Come closer."

Hyunseung ordered, Junhyung moved his face closer. Hyunseung stretched and placed a kiss on Junhyung's eyes, then his forehead.

"I love you."

Junhyung cried, "I love you."

"Very much."

"Only you."

Hyunseung laughed and cringed when he accidentally shifted his torso. Junhyung gasped and took a step away from Hyunseung.

"Come back..."

Hyunseung pouted.

"But you are in pain..."

"Then kiss my pain away."

Junhyung cried again and pressed his soft lips on Hyunseung's.

"How long have I been asleep?"

"Two days... You were running a fever since the day before. It subsided yesterday afternoon. They shifted you here from the ICU then."

"No wonder I feel sore all over my back. Will you give me a massage?"

Hyunseung pressed his nose on Junhyung's. The doctor knocked on the door and came into the room seeing the two of them smiling at each other.

"Hyunseung-goon, it's good to see the smile on your lips. Are you feeling any pain?"

"My torso, my shoulder, my palm and my knee..."

Junhyung's face darkens at the mention of Hyunseung's knee.

"Your shoulder and palm are stitched up. The nurse will keep changing bandages for you. Your knee..."

"I know that walking might even be a problem."

Junhyung looked at Hyunseung in disbelief. How did he knew? Junhyung hasn't told him.

"I knew it the moment Seungho broke it... I'm already glad that I made it out alive..."

Hyunseung looked into Junhyung's eyes to gauge his expression. Junhyung felt like tearing himself into piece right now for causing Hyunseung to suffer.

"Stop blaming yourself, Jun. Stop it."

Junhyung looked up into Hyunseung's eyes. Fresh tears appear in his eyes again. Junhyung closed his eyes.

"Junhyung-goon, can you step out for a bit, I need to give Hyunseung-goon an examination."

Hyunseung quickly held onto Junhyung's hand.

"Can he stay? Please."

The doctor reluctantly replied, "He can, but please stand in the corner."

Junhyung nodded and walked to the side of the room. Hyunseung followed the instructions of the doctor and let him check all the wounds.

"Your wounds are not infected, it's good. Take lots of rest and no leaving of bed. If you want to use the bathroom, please press the call bell. Once your wounds recover, you will be able to start your physiotherapy sessions for your knee. "

"Thank you, Doctor."

The doctor left, Junhyung still stood rooted at his corner.

"Come over here, Jun..."

Junhyung shook his head, "I shouldn't even be here... It's all my fault that became like that. I took the most precious thing from you..."

"It's not you who took it. Seungho is not in the right mind. He is sick, and he chose to vent it out on others and brought death to himself."

"No, it was his fault that Seungho even targeted you instead of him."

Yukwon came into the room with Minhyuk following him.

"Yukwon, I said not to say something like that any more. Junhyung is already sad over the fact that his best friend just died. Stop treating him this way."

"This is all his own doings. He promised to take care of Seungie hyung."

"He did and he is."

"Stop it the both of you."

Hyunseung frowned at the both of them.

"What's wrong with you, Kim Yukwon?"

Yukwon pouted and kept quiet.

"If this is about my knee, I have already accept the fact. I'm glad that I am still able to sit here and talk to you guys instead of lying in the coffin."

Yukwon clicked his tongue in distaste.

"Hyung, if at the first place he were to listen to us and keep his distance with Seungho, you will not be involved."

"And you really believe that if Jun keeping his distance will keep Seungho away from me? And I would feel better if Seungho were to hurt Jun instead of me?"

"AT LEAST YOU WOULD STILL BE ABLE TO DANCE!"

"... Kwon, stop making me shout, my wounds hurt. Minhyuk, can you make him sit down here?"

Hyunseung winced as he shift his torso. Junhyung ran towards him and helped him up. Hyunseung smiled and hooked his arm around Junhyung's neck and kissed him softly.

"Love you."

Junhyung blushed. Oh, how Hyunseung missed that.

"Love you too."

Hyunseung smiled then turned back to Yukwon.

"I know you are upset over the fact that I'm hurt and I can't dance any more. But Kwon, I can't dance doesn't mean I can't watch. Just watching you and Minhyuk dance is able to make me happy. I may get upset when I couldn't battle any more, but I'm still young, I can still do many other things. If you can't forgive Junhyung over this, how do you expect me to forgive myself when I'm the one who caused his brother to lose the ability to dance too?"

Yukwon dropped his head on Hyunseung's good shoulder. His body trembled as his sobs came out in hiccups.

"But I love how you always enjoy dancing... I know how you use it to get away during times when you don't want to face reality... I don't want you to ever lose your smile again... I don't want you to ever go back to how you used to be... I love your smile, I love you hyung..."

Yukwon cried and cried. Hyunseung noticed the heat radiating from Yukwon's forehead.

"Wait, are you having a fever?"

"I told him not to come here, I was afraid he would spread it to you since you just got well from yours. But he insisted to come visit you today."

"Why are you making Minhyuk worried over you?"

"But I missed you..."

"Stop acting so childish... You know it pains Minhyuk's heart when you do this. I can't afford to pay him back a boyfriend if you collapse."

"... He only wants me, so you can't pay him back no matter what."

Hyunseung winked at Minhyuk. Minhyuk smiled and pulled Yukwon away. Yukwon pressed his burning forehead on Minhyuk's cold neck.

"Oh, Seungie hyung, the nurse called everyone to tell them that you were awake just a while ago. I think your family are on their way here. Zico and the rest are sorry that they couldn't come here. Police problems at Dusk. Someone reported to the police that under-age students are seen going into the nearby clubs."

"...Goodness, not that again."

The couple shrugged, it's not the first time something like that happened to the club. Minhyuk then wrapped his hands around Yukwon's waist protectively. 

"Come on, let's bring you home. You have seen Hyunseung hyung, he is all well, so time for you to get well too. Hyunseung hyung, quickly get well soon and I make you the new Jell-O shot I invented."

Hyunseung smiled and nodded, "Take care of him for me, and take care of yourself."

"I will."

"Seungie hyung, quickly get well!"

Yukwon smiled and slumped his body on Minhyuk while the both of them walked out the room. Junhyung pressed his forehead on Hyunseung once the two guys are out of sight.

"Thank you, thank you for surviving... I-"

Hyunseung pressed his lips on Junhyung's.

"I said, stop torturing yourself with this. You taught me to get out of that pit of darkness when I did those things to your brother. Now you are the one walking deeper and deeper into the darkness."

Hyunseung pouted. Junhyung sighed and carefully placed light kisses all over Hyunseung's face. When his lips reached for Hyunseung's shoulder, the younger male tensed up.

"But still, please let me say it. I'm sorry, I'm sorry for not being able to protect you from everything. I didn't know Seungho hyung as well as I thought I did. He hurt so many of you, no apologies are enough to take away all these pain from you."

"But I'm still alive, no? That's what matters right?"

"Yes."

Junhyung closed his eyes and pressed his forehead on Hyunseung's. His breaths fans on Hyunseung's face.

"You seem really tired, do you want to go home and sleep?"

Junhyung quickly shook his head, "No, I wouldn't let you out of my sight any more. I let you out of my sight once and things got so bad..."

"That was because I sneaked out before you even realised it."

"Because of a promise ring."

"Yes, our promise ring."

For a moment, Hyunseung panicked because he didn't see or feel the ring on his bandage finger. Junhyung flashed him that ring that was placed on his palm.

"They have to remove it to bandage your hand so it was passed to me."

Hyunseung tried to reach for it but Junhyung beat him to it and slowly put the ring over his uninjured index finger.

"For the time being, place it here."

Junhyung kissed Hyunseung's ring.

"I pledge with my life that I will take care of you for the rest of my life to make up to you. Even if you don't want me any more, I will still be somewhere protecting you. I promise upon this promise ring."

Hyunseung felt tears welled up his eyes for the first time since he woke up, "That sounded like a total stalker."

"Your personal stalker." Junhyung whispered.

"Yes, mine."

Hyunseung smiled, Junhyung softly kissed his slightly cold lips.

"Are you cold?"

"A little."

Just then, there are knocks on the door. Hyunseung's parents and Geurim walked in. The two ladies started crying at the sight of their awakened family member on the bed.

"OPPA!"

"Hyunseung!"

The two of them rushed towards him and hugged his head.

"O-ouch.. Calm down..."

Hyunseung's father quickly tried to pull his wife off their son.

"Geurim, let go off your brother. He is hurting."

Hyunseung suddenly felt something wet touch his cheeks. He turned to see Jay staring at him and his nose. Seeing the cute little kitten, Hyunseung felt a surge of warm in his heart.

"Oh god, I missed you so much, Jay. You seem healthy."

He tickled the chin of the small kitten. Hyunseung saw from the corner of his eyes that Junhyung is leaving the room after bowing a greeting to his parents.

"Where are you going?"

Hyunseung frowned, he don't like how Junhyung has gotten so depressed and guilty.

"Getting another blanket for you. I wouldn't be far."

Junhyung smiled forcefully and walked out. Hyunseung sighed again. Jay mewed and nuzzled his head against Hyunseung's cheek. The injured male giggled.

"You are so cute. Wait, Geurim, are pets even allowed in hospitals?"

"Oppa, just treat this as a special treatment. They wouldn't know."

Hyunseung smiled, he know that Geurim is trying to make him happy. He ruffled his sister's hair.

"Thank you."

Tears brimmed up to her eyes and she started bawling.

"I thought you-"

Geurim hiccuped and cried into Hyunseung's arm. Hyunseung's mum pushed off the long bangs covering his eyes.

"Thank God that you are all right..."

"Mum... I'm sorry..."

Hyunseung's mum shook her head, "Just concentrate on getting well, we can talk about the rest later on."

"Welcome back, son."

"Thank you, Appa..."

Hyunseung smiled softly and saw Junhyung standing outside the door looking all guilty and depressed.

Jun, are you not going to forgive yourself for this? You used to be the one who taught me how to accept what is done is done, so why do you torture yourself over this now?

---

After one and a half months in the hospital, Hyunseung was finally discharged. Zico  and Kyung visited a week after Hyunseung woke up, he complained and ranted about stupid under-age kids coming down to the streets of night clubs and caused disturbance for his business. Jaehyo, Taeil and Pyo visited when they are on their off days. Jaehyo was going on and on about how he knew Seungho was sick in the mind since the first time he knew him.

Geurim stopped bringing Jay over when one of the nurse caught her the third time they came to visit. Hyunseung was glad of everyone's concern, but he was more worried over Junhyung. Yongguk and Himchan came over too. Yongguk told Hyunseung about how Himchan was so brave to donate his blood. Hyunseung couldn't thank them enough. Yongguk told him that he was really glad that he had Hyunseung back as a friend. And Himchan hugged him while crying that he doesn't want to go home. 

Yukwon and Minhyuk came back after Yukwon has fully recovered and he would always make sure Junhyung gets out of the room when they come over. Hyunseung would reprimand him each time. Yukwon would just pout and say he couldn't help blaming Junhyung because it's a fact. Hyunseung got tired of arguing with him.

Yoseob and Doojoon, Mika and Hyunmin visited Hyunseung too when they could leave their beds. Hyunseung kept apologising to the three of them for dragging them into this. Yoseob said he was a busybody who got himself into trouble and it was his own fault. Hyunseung was glad that Yoseob could look at things so optimistically. Mika said that he would personally kill Hyunseung if he were keep pushing the blame to himself. Mika actually apologised for being so blinded and treat Hyunseung so badly. It was Seungho hyung, who was his friend, who hurt him. And Mika felt like it was his partly his fault too. Hyunseung told them all that there are no point pushing the blame on anyone any more since it is all over. And they all agreed.

It was finally lying on his own bed in bliss when his phone rang. He looked at the caller ID and picked up with a huge smile on his lips.

"Jun, are you at home?"

Hyunseung giggled when Jay, who got bigger each day, jumped up his bed and laid on Hyunseung's stomach. He heard some shuffles on the other end.

"... I miss you already..."

Hyunseung felt his heart melted into a pile of goo. He asked Junhyung to follow him back home but he rejected because he didn't want to disturb Hyunseung's rest time.

"Come over later on?"

"..."

Hyunseung sighed, he knew what Junhyung was thinking again.

"Jun, please. I have enough of your depressed mood. I understand how you feel right now, but I don't want this to affect our relationship. You know I love you, so can you love reprimanding yourself for what happened? I know Yukwon keeps blaming it on you, but you have to stop torturing yourself like that. It is not your fault. What is done is already done, if you want to make up to it, kiss me each time you think of me."

"... My lips would be swollen then."

Hyunseung laughed, he loves joker Junhyung.

" I love you."

"And I you."

"Come over tonight?"

Junhyung hesitated before replying, "... If your parents don't mind."

"Of course they would not. It pains them to see you being all emo- over this too."

"... I really miss you."

"... You either come here right now, or I will go over your place if you keep saying that."

"I'm actually near your place... I didn't go back..."

"Are you in your car?"

"Yes."

"Park your car and come up."

"But-"

"You either come up or I will walk down to find your car myself."

Hyunseung slowly got up from his bed. Junhyung panicked, he turned off his engine and got out of the car.

"All right all right, I'm going up now..."

Hyunseung smiled, "Okay, I will open the door for you."

Hyunseung threw his phone on his bed while reaching for his crutches. His leg was still in cast and was walking painfully slow as he reached for the door. He opened up to see Junhyung standing there panting.

"Did you run up?"

"..."

"So eager to see me?"

Hyunseung joked and instantly shut his mouth when Junhyung looked into his eyes with sincerely longing.

"Come in."

Hyunseung stepped aside to let Junhyung in.

"My parents went back to work and Geurim is in her room."

Junhyung nodded stupidly and stood there. Hyunseung felt awkward suddenly when he remembered the last time Junhyung came was when he spent the night over. He blushed at the memories of them on the bed together.

"Sit down, don't stress your leg too much."

"I'm not stressing it since I'm using the crutch."

"Just sit down..."

"Let's go back to my room then."

Junhyung helped Hyunseung back to his room. When Hyunseung finally settled down on his bed, Junhyung took out a box. By the looks of it, Hyunseung knew it was a present for him.

"What is that?"

"A present. For you."

"I mean, what's inside?"

"Open it."

Hyunseung opened the pink box to see a watch with leather straps. He can see carvings on the rim of the face of the watch.

Nothing is forever. 
Because my love for you 
will not be defined by the limit of time. 
I love you.

Hyunseung smiled and looked into Junhyung's eyes.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it, and love you. Thank you."

"I have one more thing to show you."

Junhyung ed the top three buttons of his shirt. Hyunseung's eyes grew wide.

"Are you trying to seduce me? Cause you are doing quite a good job so far."

Junhyung chuckled shyly. He peeled off the shirt from his chest. Hyunseung squint his eyes in confusion when he saw new ink on Junhyung's tattoo.

"Did you redo your tat-"

Hyunseung took a close look and saw the words 'XII XIX ♂ IX III' on top of his original Lightless tattoo. He ran his finger over the tattoo that was still red from the inking. Junhyung winced a little at the burning touch.

"I finally understand what you meant by the pain that will take away the other pain."

"You didn't hurt yourself in any other ways right?"

"... I didn't. I thought it through, I was the one who told you to let go of what has happened, but I couldn't. I couldn't accept the fact that Seungho hyung hates me and killed himself. And I'm partly the reason for his suicide. And he hurt you."

"It is not your fa-"

"I know, I know you want to stop thinking it's my fault. I can't stop thinking its my fault, but I promise you I will slowly it go. Please give me time.. I need you, I love you and I can't lose you. I can't let you go. I kept telling myself that I have to let you go because you will find more happiness with others than me. But I can't. I'm selfish, and I want you."

Junhyung's intense glance was burning onto Hyunseung.

"And I'm even more selfish than you think I am. I want you and your heart and your body. You are mine and don't you dare think of leaving me. i will haunt you down."

Hyunseung wrapped his arms around Junhyung's torso. He rubbed their noses together.

"I love you."

"Me too."

They kissed and kissed, till they are out of breath. They heard an awkward cough from the door.

"Now that the both of you are having happily ever after, can Junhyung please button up your shirt and Seung, it's time for your medication."

The couple chuckled and got moving.

We might face even more obstacles as our relationship goes on, but no matter what, I will stay with you till the end. I believe that these obstacles are to make us a stronger couple than others and I don't ever want to let you go. I love you, Yong Junhyung. You made me who I am now, you turned me into someone with confidence and have faith in myself. I love you. You were my sunlight in the dark. Without the sunlight, there wouldn't be shadows.

 

The End - Shadows of the Dark.

---

A/N: TADAH~ The end! This fic started on Sep 19 2011, which is what I call the junseung date (i didn't plan for it to start that day I was shocked too XD) because with seung month and jun date. And ends today, which is technically 4 years. I had a hiatus in between the chapters because of a slump.

I have to say I wouldn't be writing any more junseung chaptered fic until I have the time and plots to commit. Life is getting too busy for me to cope with so many times in hand. So I would wish for you to continue being my one-shots reader.

I'm sorry if this chapter bored you out at the ending cos I really really really really really end to write endings, I don't know to end stories. If you read my SOL you should notice that the ending too. I just... hate endings. But an ending means a new start right?

There will be one or maybe two extra chapters (one , one none-), so please keep a look out or sub to this in AFF to get the link for the extras (I'm still working on them).

Thank you!