Chapter 18

Shadows of the Dark

A/N: Haiiiii~ kekeke! I enjoyed myself while writing this chp. Like... I really enjoyed alot. XD kekeke! idk why. XD Oh well, expect the unexpected for this chp! :D kekeke! Wheeeee~ \0/


---

"Geurim, you know my temper. I didn't want to pick up Junhyung's calls for a reason, yet you pry into it?"

Hyunseung rubbed his temples. He was having a splitting headache and his head felt like it would crack anytime.

"Oppa...you know how painful it is for us to see you getting all drunk and wasted? Umma was so worried about you. She looked like she would burst into tears anytime. Appa is so concerned over it he kept asking me if he could help you feel better even in the least bit. Oppa, we care for you and we love you so much so that we hope to lessen your pain even a bit. Can you stop burying your troubles and not suffer it alone? We are a family we want to help you..."

"What is there to help, uh? It's already set. Geurim-ah, I'm really tired. I shouldn't touch this thing called love anymore then I already did. It cuts me up to shreds and left me bleeding to death... I'm tired. I can't do this anymore..."

Hyunseung buried his face into his legs. He forced himself to not cry in front of his sister anymore. He is the elder brother and he is supposed to be the one protecting her and not the other way round.

"Oppa..."

Geurim had crawled onto the bed and hugged Hyunseung. The tears that Hyunseung was trying to control lost its restraint when he hugged her back. Each of his hard cry hit the hearts of the two folks standing outside the door. They heard the whole conversation between the siblings. Jang Umma was crying and hugging her husband.

Please, if there is a God up there, please let my boy heal and not hurt him more…Please…

Geurim tightened her hug and rested her head on top of Hyunseung’s.

Junhyung-ssi, please make the right choice for your last chance. I’m depending on you now…

Hyunseung didn’t go to school the next day due to his really bad headache after the hangover and crying to sleep. Geurim had to go to school and couldn’t accompany him at home.

“Oppa, rest well, okay? I will be home soon!”

“Yah, I’m not a kid. Quit worrying about me, concentrate in class.”

“You have a little fever now. Stay on bed and rest all right? Don’t move around!”

“Just get going already.”

“Bye oppa!”

“Be safe!”

Hyunseung sighed as he relaxed on his bed. He had his arm covering his eyes. Because of his swollen eyes and burning forehead, his arm feels really cool on him. He closed his eyes and unknowingly fell asleep. He didn’t wake up until the door of his room opened. But he was still feeling groggy and sleepy when he opens his eyes. His whole body felt really tired and lifeless, he didn’t feel like moving a bit at all.

“Geurim…you came back already…?”

Hyunseung asked in a weak hoarse voice, slowly drifting back to sleep. A piece of cooling wet cloth touched his burning forehead and his eyes. He sighed comfortably and drifted off to sleep once again. By the time he woke up again, he felt slightly better. When he tried to get up, a hand stopped him on the chest.

“You are still having a slight fever, don’t get up…”

Hyunseung stared back with wide eyes. The one who took care of him was not Geuirm but Junhyung. He slapped the hand away from him and sat up rapidly. Hyunseung’s head throbbed as he got up.

“Uh…”

Hyunseung clenched his head in discomfort. When Junhyung’s outreached hand was about to touch him, Hyunseung turned to glare at him.

“Don’t touch me. Why are you here? Who let you in?”

Junhyung was taken aback by Hyunseung’s hostile behaviour. He knew he had to clear all these misunderstandings to stop Hyunseung from treating him this way.

“You didn’t come to school today. I got worried and came to your house. Geurim opened the door for me and told me to talk things out with you. She is now taking a nap in her room.”

“Ha! Talk things out? What is there to talk about, Junhyung-ssi?”

---

“So what do you want to talk about?”

Yoseob sat on the chair and rolled his eyes. He folded his arms in front of him and glared at Doojoon. The president ruffled his hair in frustration and grabbed Yoseob by the chin.

“Listen to me and don’t get too close to Gain noona.”

“Wae, because you are afraid she will tell me about your past?”

“Aniya! I-What is there to tell you about my past! It’s her that you have to be wary of! Aish, just listen to me will you?”

“Why must I? You aren’t even anyone to me.”

“…Please, Seob. Just listen to me and don’t get close to her…”

“You are just telling me not to get close to her, yet not telling me the reason. Never mind, save it. Don’t tell me. Save the trouble and just stop talking. I’m getting out of here.”

Doojoon pulled Yoseob back and hugged him tight.

“Please, just do this one thing for me. I will explain to you, but you wouldn’t give me the chance to explain myself.”

Yoseob pouted and rested his chin on Doojoon’s shoulder. He hugged him back around the waist.

“Tch, you make it sound like I’m a big bully…”

Doojoon smiled and sighed into Yoseob’s shoulder. He hugged Yoseob tightly and swings them slightly to the left and right.

“You are…”

“Yah!”

Yoseob pinched Doojoon’s back as hard as he could. Doojoon didn’t have much meat at the back of his waist for Yoseob to pinch.

“Ahhh hurts…! Okay okay, I’m sorry I’m sorry.”

“Spill the beans. Now.”

Doojoon took a deep breath and broke the hug to look at Yoseob.

“You have to believe every word I said. Before I finish, don’t ask questions, okay?”

Yoseob nodded his head.

“…Gain noona had this since the start to make Jokwon jealous and angry. She loves it when Jokwon gets jealous when she flirts with another guy in his presence and make sure to do it to a point where Jokwon would erupt into anger.”

“…You mean-“

“Nah uh, no questions, let me finish what I want to say first.”

Yoseob scowled and pulled Doojoon towards the couch in the president’s room. He made Doojoon sit down and he laid his head on Doojoon’s lap.

“All right, carry on.”

“I knew Jokwon when we were classmates in high school. We became close buddies shortly after knowing each other and till Jokwon was attached with Gain noona. Each time she comes and finds him, she will hug my arm and complains about how Jokwon is shorter than me and I was better looking than he was. I thought she was just kidding and playing around so I would just laugh it off or disturb Jokwon about it until one day…”

“…?”

“She took it overboard. She had a quarrel with Jokwon over their date and she was totally all over me that day. She sat on my legs and stuck her face to mine. I was shocked and devastated when I saw Jokwon standing by the door and glaring at us.”

“Did he punch you?”

Doojoon rolled his eyes at Yoseob’s question and decided to ignore it.

“He was all calm at first. He pulled Gain off me and asked her if she was just playing with him. She still had the guts to reply him ‘yes’ and even continued with comparing me and Jokwon. When I see the anger in Jokwon’s eyes as he looked at me, I was like ‘I’m going to get a punch for this when it’s not even my fault’. But the one who got slapped was Gain noona. Jokwon slapped her across the face and told her that he trusts me. Jokwon knows that I’m not one who will steal his girlfriend and to top it off, she was not my type. He knew I swing this way. I had girlfriends before, but I told him that they had never given me the feelings that I wanted.”

“So you had boyfriends before…?”

“You are supposed to let me finish first…”

Doojoon rubbed his thumb on Yoseob’s nose. Being the one who always love it when people touches his nose like a cat, Yoseob closed his eyes in comfort. Doojoon took the opportunity to continue speaking.

“Gain was shocked when she was slapped. She glared back at Jokwon with an angry look, but I can see that deep inside her she was excited by the fact that Jokwon was acting so manly.”

“Wa-wait…What? She-“

Doojoon put his index finger on Yoseob’s lips to stop him from talking.

“Yes, she has a for manly Jokwon. She loves it when Jokwon gets all dominant on her. When she was sitting on my lap, she secretly whispered into my ear telling me about her and wants me to help her. And it’s not like I can reject her when Jokwon has already saw us in that position. And so Jokwon got her out of the class, and… the next day they are all clingy and lovey dovey that it makes me want to puke. But still, she likes excitement in her relationships. She would start flirting with a guy when she spots some new quality guys, be it on the street or in school or even my friends.”

Yoseob looked at Doojoon with eyes saying ‘So-can-I-ask-questions-now’. Doojoon chuckled and removed his finger.

“So all along you are just afraid that Gain noona will use me to make Jokwon-ssi angry?”

“…”

“Yah, Yoon Doojoon, I’m not straight too, remember?”

“I-I know! But…But Jokwon doesn’t…”

“But you can just tell him, no?”

“I’m just afraid…”

Yoseob flicked Doojoon’s forehead, “Aish, babo. Have some faith in me will you? I like you, I like you, okay? Just go tell Jokwon-ssi that we are together!”

Yoseob got up from Doojoon’s lap and stood up. Doojoon quickly grabbed Yoseob’s arm and pulled him back with his landing on his lap.

“Please don’t tell me you said this just because of Gain noona…”

“Shut up, I don’t lie. Let me go at this moment!”

Yoseob used his palm to push Doojoon’s forehead away. Doojoon’s face kept getting closer and closer to Yoseob with a stupid goofy grin on his lips.

“I love you.”

Doojoon kissed Yoseob on the lips. He wrapped his arms around Yoseob’s waist and pulled him nearer. Yoseob sighed into the kiss and give up struggling. He hooked his arms around Doojoon’s neck and returned the kiss. They broke the kiss and Yoseob rested his forehead on Doojoon’s.

“So…tell me about your ex-boyfriends.”

Yoseob smiled with sarcasm.

---

“Mika is just a dongsaeng of mine.”

“…”

Hyunseung looked down at his hands that were on top of the blanket his lower body was covered with.

“He is really clingy to me because I once saved him from getting killed from thugs. And besides, he is already attached.”

“Attached…?”

“Hyunmin, the guy which came in and took him back to class, is his boyfriend. I knew them when I was in Japan. Mika was a typical geek that time. His daily routine was to go to school and back home. Hyunmin and I were in the same class and somehow we just hit it off and became buddies. They came back to Korea just a few days ago and chose to study in this school because of me.”

“But… he was lying on your shoulder…”

“Mika has the habit of sleeping on the chair and not knowing anything after he falls asleep. He was admitted to the hospital twice to get his head stitched and bandaged from falling off the chair… It was an all known thing by people around him to lend him our shoulders when he gets sleepy…”

Junhyung was getting afraid by each second. Hyunseung had his eyes glued to his hands and refused to look up. Because they couldn't have eye contact, Junhyung doesn't know what is Hyunseung's emotion and expression right now. He was anxious and scared, fearing that Hyunseung wouldn't believe him and they would end things like this.

"I'm sorry I didn't explain things right away yesterday. I mean... We are so used to that gesture and I didn't know you would be affected-"

"Of course I would be!"

Hyunseung shouted. He finally looked up. His face was blushing madly like a bright tomato. Junhyung got shocked and placed his hand over Hyunseung’s forehead.

“Why is your face so red? Did your fever rise again? Lay back down and sl-“

“Aniya!”

Hyunseung pulled Junhyung’s hand down and wrapped it around his.

“I felt stupid…”

“…Hah…?”

“I’m jealous okay! I’m jealous that he was lying on your shoulder. I mean…who would let another guy lie on his shoulder if he was not interested in that guy? I know I should have made things clear before I start getting jealous without understanding the situation fully, but… Jealousy got the best of me, so… I’m sorry…”

“…Seung… What do you mean by that…?”

“…What, I have to spell it out for you…? …Fine, I had already made a decision the night before and was actually deciding to talk to you about it yesterday. I can’t deny the fact that you hold a special place in my heart since… I don’t even know when. You are already in a position where you leave a hole in my heart with your absence…”

“You mean you-“

Hyunseung pulled the blanket over his face and buried himself under it. Junhyung was still in the state of shock and confusion. He didn’t move an inch, just staring into space with his mouth slightly opened. Hyunseung felt weird when Junhyung didn’t have any reaction. He peeped out of his blanket to see Junhyung still stunned at his previous position.

“Yah…Yah…!”

Hyunseung nudged Junhyung with his knee. He got up to his previous sitting ious and waved his hand in front of Junhyung’s eyes. Junhyung slowly turned his head towards Hyunseung. His smile got wider and wider and grabbed onto Hyunseung’s moving hands.

“W-w-w-what?”

Hyunseung was shuttering as he see how excited Junhyung got. He felt a smile creep up his lips without him knowing that reason why.

“Can I hug you?”

“Eh?!”

“Please?”

“Why are you even asking for permission for things like this…? I mean… Uh…okay…?”

Junhyung gently pushed Hyunseung into his embrace and hugs him tightly. The way he hugs Hyunseung was so gentle yet firm, it made Hyunseung’s heart flutter. Junhyung hugged him like he was a precious treasure of his. Like Hyunseung was something fragile and delicate. Hyunseung felt wanted. He finally felt the feeling of being wanted by someone and being loved by another. This has been the feeling it wanted to get from Yongguk a year ago. But now, he was glad he got it from the one he wanted it from, Junhyung. He nuzzled his nose on Junhyung’s shoulder and clung onto his back. He smiled into his shoulder when he heard the loud heartbeat of Junhyung’s heart. His heartbeat was as loud too.

“Thank you, thank you so much, Hyunseung-ah.”

Junhyung mumbled softly.

“I thought I was going to have to give up after today. I thought I was going to have to give up on this, give up on something I have done for this one whole year. I thought I have to stop my feelings for you, stop my thoughts of you and everything I had done for this whole time. I left like I was torn apart when I thought of having to give up. I-“

“Shhh…”

Hyunseung covered Junhyung’s mouth with his palm to stop him from blabbering on.

“Just listen to this.”

Hyunseung moved his lips near Junhyung’s ear and whispered, “I like you, Yong Junhyung. Thank you too for being here and giving me everything.”

Thank you for making me feel wanted. And for making me want you.

---

A/N: I… just can’t bear to angst dooseob. Orz kekekeke dooj hav been seducing me so much these day ;A; and I decided to let him be happy. D; Junseung have been depriving me with their moments, but I was decided to let them have their moments in my fic. OwO heehee! oh well, im enjoying myself anyway. ;p Idk if this fic is getting boring to you, but I enjoy writing this more and more. XD kekeke!

Next up in Chp 19: Kiwoon meeting Woonie’s mum and Junseung’s next obstacle! ^_____^