Chapter 11

Shadows of the Dark

 

Junhyung stopped the car in front of Hyunseung’s house. The atmosphere was rather awkward as both of them were in silence. Junhyung coughed to break the silence.

“Thank you for meeting me.”

Hyunseung shook his head and looked at Junhyung.

“Ani, thanks for inviting me. It was fun.”

Junhyung smiled and unbuckled his seatbelt. He got out of the car and walked around to open Hyunseung’s door. Hyunseung unbuckled and got out slowly, rather reluctant to end their date so early. Hyunseung stood beside Junhyung as he closed the passenger’s door. Hyunseung bit on his lip cutely, looking at Junhyung with a sad face. The taller male let out a soft chuckle, took a step and closed up the gap between them. In just this step, Hyunseung froze and held his breath as he felt soft lips on his. His heart skipped a beat and drummed against his ribcage after that missing beat. His cheeks flared up at the sound of his own embarrassing loud heartbeat. Junhyung pulled away and scratched the back of his neck in reflex.

“S-so-sorry…I-I…”

That was when Hyunseung saw the pair of bright red cheeks and heard the loud heartbeat that came from the man stammering right in front of him. He choked back a laugh, stopping Junhyung from his stutters. Hyunseung burst out into laughter soon after. Junhyung stared at the laughing boy and started laughing too. Both of them held onto their stomachs as they slowly calm down from their laughing fit. Just when Hyunseung was about to speak, a loud shout made both of them turned towards the direction of Hyunseung’s house.

“JANG HYUNSEUNG!”

“Z-zi-zico…?!? W-why did y-you co-come…!?! Kyung too?!”

“Tch, letting my hyung be alone when he is suffering, do you think so lightly of me? And here I was worrying over my hyung, wondering if he was eating dinner and there he was, kissing and having fun with the guy who was the reason for his collapse two days ago.”

Zico scowled and stomped towards the two startled man. He stood between them and pulled Hyunseung behind him with Kyung standing beside the poor hidden man.

“Zico-ssi, I-“

“Enough, I don’t want to hear your voice at all. What, your brother isn’t done ruining his life yet? You want to add on and play him up and throw him away like that bastard did?”

Zico grabbed Junhyung’s collar with both his fist clenched as he spoke through clenched teeth. Hyunseung went up to try and pry Zico’s hand off.

“Yah! Let him go!”

Hyunseung tried pulling Zico’s hand away but he wouldn’t barge. Kyung patted Zico’s shoulder to calm him down and whispered words to tell to let go. Zico roughly let go of Junhyung and pushed him away. The poor man stumbled backwards but stabled himself against his car. Zico grabbed onto doe-eyed male’s house. Hyunseung couldn’t get away from Zico’s dead grip. He could only twist and turn his body, trying to take a look at Junhyung. He waved and pointed to his phone screen to the man leaning against his car. Junhyung nodded and waved back as he got the message. Both of them smiled to one another before Hyunseung was literally thrown into the house before a furious Zico slammed the door shut.

---

Geurim was hiding behind the wall and looking towards the hall, where the three men are. One of her hand was gripping onto her phone, whispering softly to the person on the other line. While her other hand was grabbing onto the wall nervously.

“Molla, Kwon oppa! They are speaking so softly! It looks totally like Zico appa is fuming mad at the poor son for sneaking out to meet his girlfriend when he is supposed to be doing his work and the kind wife, Kyung, is trying to calm the old man down. Omg oppa, just come already! I don’t know what to do!”

Hyunseung looked at Zico nervously. It was not that Hyunseung was afraid of Zico. He just didn’t want his best friend to be mad at him over Junhyung. He didn’t want Zico to stop him from going Dusk.

“Yah, jagiya~ it’s not like that guy look like a bad guy, he looks decent to me.”

“Shiro!”

“Ahhh wae? They look good together.”

“Shiro!”

“Jinja! What’s wrong with you?!”

Kyung pouted and folded his arms across his chest, glaring at his lover. Zico have always been really protective of Hyunseung since young and all of them knew it, but Zico didn’t know that Kyung was not happy with it. Kyung have always been trying to cover up the fact that he was jealous with his best friend. Knowing that Zico’s overprotectiveness have once again made Kyung snap, Hyunseung knew he had to do something.

“Zi, Junhyung is a good guy, really. And we are just friend, nothing more. And besides, I’m your hyung, isn’t I supposed to be the one taking care of you and not you worrying over me?”

“But hyu-“

“No, Zi, you listen to me. I can take care of myself. And I trust Junhyung. He wouldn’t hurt me. And the one you should be worrying over should be Kyungie. Don’t let him slip off your hands, I will wallop you up!”

Hyunseung placed his hands on Kyung’s shoulder before walking away.

“Ahhh, so tired~ I’m going to wash up and sleep now. Both of you can stay here as long as you want. But if you want to make out,”

Hyunseung dragged Geurim out from behind the wall and covered her eyes, “Geurim I still underage, so please restraint from doing any actions that should be done in your room. And you, young girl, why are you still up at this time? Time for bed, good night everyone!”

Hyunseung went into his room and closed the door, leaving the three other stunned and rooted. Hyunseung was smiling to himself as he took the needed stuffs for his bath. He thought about how Junhyung’s thumb rubbed against his hand when he wanted to comfort Hyunseung. He thought about how soft Junhyung’s lips were on his when he kissed him. He thought of how gentleman Junhyung was, for opening the door for him. And he knew, Junhyung was really a good man.

“Am I falling for him…?”

Hyunseung asked himself and sighed when the lukewarm water comes falling down his slender body. The water went from his hair to his neck and down his . Hyunseung thought about Junhyung throughout the night, and that one goodnight email from Hyunseung, completed his day.

From: Junhyung

Really thank you for going out with me today. I would love to ask you out again, can I? I guess I will only get your answer tomorrow in class. Go to bed early and sleep tight, don’t kick your blanket. Goodnight, beautiful.

Hyunseung smiled and buried his phone under his pillow. He blushed at the last word of Junhyung’s text and went to sleep with sweet dreams of his date in Heechul’s restaurant, Neverland.

---

“Yah yah yah, you are half an hour late!”

Yoseob had his hands on his waist, eyes glaring at the panting young man in front of him. Doojoon ran all the way from the station to the central where the malls were. It was a fifteen minutes run. He couldn’t sleep a wink at all last night. He was overexcited over the fact that he could finally go on a date with Yoseob, but he will not tell the smaller boy about this. But when the sun rose up, he got so sleepy that he fell asleep on the toilet bowl. Smoothing his rough breathing, Doojoon bowed and apologised to the angry male.

“Mianhae! I woke up really early, b-but…I fell asleep o-on…th-the…toilet…bowl…”

Yoseob’s face changed, he was biting on his lower lips trying hard to keep that angry face.

“Y-you wh-what…? HAHAHAHAHA OMG YOON DOOJOON, YOU FELL ASLEEP ON THE TO-MMMM!!!”

Doojoon covered Yoseob’s mouth with his hand as the others were all looking at them. Yoseob literally screamed and laughed so loud that it attracted the attention of all the people around their area. Yoseob was laughing so hard, tears gathered around the corner of his eyes from his hard laughter. Doojoon gave an evil smirk suddenly. He took his hand off Yoseob’s mouth and covered it back with his lips. Yoseob stopped laughing immediately and Doojoon smiled happily with his eyes closed. But Doojoon opened his eyes once again when he didn’t receive any resistance from Yoseob. Yoseob had a poker face on, but eyes were glaring at Doojoon and the president knew that if looks could kill, he would be down talking to Hades right now.

“I-I was just…”

Yoseob kneed Doojoon on the stomach and smiled victoriously when he hears the poor president groan out loud and drop on his knees.

“Oh, it is okay, you don’t have to kneel down and beg for forgiveness.”

Yoseob said sarcastically, rolling his eyes and sat on the bench behind them. He was still glaring at Doojoon while the man slowly recovers from the pain and sits beside the vice-president.

“Sorry…I will pay for everything today…Jebal…?”

“Hmmmm…that’s better. All right, where are we going?”

“Somewhere you will like. Let’s go!”

Doojoon naturally grabbed onto Yoseob’s hand and dragged him along. Yoseob smiled behind the silly boy’s head, and straight away changing to a straight face when Doojoon turned back to look at him. Doojoon smiled to him and walked faster and deeper towards the malls. They stopped in front of an entrance of the famous aquarium in Seoul. Yoseob’s jaw dropped once he saw the place.

“A-aquarium…? Seriously Yoon Doo…?”

“Uhmm! Wae, you don’t like it…?”

“You surprised me. I didn’t know you are a romanticist, a date in an aquarium!”

“Ahh wae! I look boring?!”

“Of course you do.”

Doojoon pouted and laughed. He pulled Yoseob and went towards the ticketing booth to buy two tickets. Both of them got in with huge smiles on their face. It was the first time Yoseob went on a date with a guy. To tell the truth, he had never been on dates before. Sure he went outings with Gikwang but it is different when you actually go with someone who adores you and you actually wish you were a couple.

“Let's go!”

Doojoon said happily and walked into the aquarium hand-in-hand with Yoseob. However, there were too many people and it was a little crowded when they got in. But that didn’t spoil their mood for the date. They view from one spot to the other, smiling and talking about the sea animals inside the glass container. Yoseob laughed out hard when Doojoon told him silly jokes, and Doojoon’s heart always skips a beat when he hears the hearty laughter. The place got even more crowded from the time they went in and they are totally squeezed to the front of place. Doojoon stood behind Yoseob and guarded him with both hands by his sides in case he gets hurt from all the pushing.

“Ahhh, it would be great if I can just live my life just like the fishes. Without having to worry about studies or the council, I can just eat and swim around and play every day, no troubles at all.”

Yoseob was holding onto the glass of the aquarium and looked at the fishes with huge awes in his eyes. The light from the aquarium reflected in his eyes, making his two huge puppy eyes shine in Doojoon’s eyes. He was too cute, too perfect, and Doojoon wants to keep him by his side, eternally.

“I love you.”

Doojoon suddenly whispered into Yoseob’s ear from behind. Yoseob flinched at the warm breath at his ear. He turned his head back, and their noses were barely touching. Yoseob froze, not knowing if he should move or just stay there. He knew that he feels something for Doojoon, but is that something enough to sustain their relationship? Yoseob really don’t know. He really thinks that they could spend more time understanding each other before being together, but Doojoon thinks otherwise. He thinks that it is easier to understand each other once they are together. And just when Yoseob was deep in thoughts, someone called out Doojoon’s name.

“Doojoonie…?”

Both of them flinched in awkwardness and turned back to the voice. It was a petite little lady that seems to be around their age or maybe younger, smiling at Doojoon and looking at Yoseob curiously. Her eyes were as if asking, “Who is this little cutie with you?”

“…N-noona…?”

---

A/N: TADAHHHHHHHHHHHH, finally I finished chp 11. Orz is it bad? ;A; I failed at trying to make seungie sound y when he bathe. Orz ;A; that boy…its impossible to describe his iness in words! ;A; damn that pororo T_T and im sorry if this chp is too boring or short, i have sudden writer's block and my whole mind is tinking of - JUNSEUNG JUNSEUNG JUNSEUNG . damn my stupid brain. orz and...yup~ i might post a junseung either tonight or tomorrow, depends if writer's block will come to visit or if my besties will pull me out. XD