Chapter 9

Shadows of the Dark

♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ 
 
“So you mean this Junhyung-ssi is the one that has always been emailing you after that incident and he is also Yongguk’s brother which happens to be your seatmate in class?!”
 
Geurim asked with her huge doe eyes staring at Hyunseung in disbelief.
 
“Yah, your eyes are going to drop out of its sockets soon.”
 
Hyunseung in a playfully tone. Geurim hit him on the shoulder lightly. He told her about Junhyung. He wanted to ask for advices if he should meet up with him. He wanted to talk to Zico about meeting Junhyung, but after what happened at the roof, Hyunseung doubt Zico will even consider letting him go. If he talked to Yukwon, there will be a high chance that Zico will find out. So his only choice was his sister, Geurim. She was the only one that was willing to keep it a secret from Zico.
 
“Oppa…ask yourself, do you want to go?”
 
Geurim rested her chin on her palms, looking at Hyunseung innocently. She sat on the floor with her elbows on the edge of the bed, facing Hyunseung. Hyunseung was spread out on his bed, head propped up on his palm, looking at Geurim. He sighed and planted his pillow.
 
“Molla…he a-acts like a complete s-st…stalker! He…i-is scaring me!”
 
Geurim looked at her brother with judging eyes. She rolled her eyes and looked at Hyunseung with dull eyes.
 
“Oppa, I know how you sound like when you lie, you know that? It’s not like you mind him stalking, and furthermore, he was the one who saved you numerous times, no?”
 
Hyunseung sat up on his bed, frowned and made a side blowfish face. What Geurim said was the truth.
 
♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂
 
After disappearing from Yongguk and Himchan’s life, Hyunseung took everything upon himself. He hides himself in his room, not letting anyone in. He doesn’t eat or drink. He doesn’t reply anyone who tries to talk to him outside the door. He doesn’t bathe or change. He doesn’t sleep, but it’s not like he is awake anyway. He was a total living corpse. And one of the days, he received an email notification on his phone. He ignored it at first, sitting on the same position and staring into space. Suddenly, his phone lighted up again with the second email notification, and the third, and the fourth. Hyunseung can’t help but get attracted to the screen. He clicked on the notification and read the emails sent to him.
 
From: Unknown
 
Hi, I know you might ignore this email, but I would just like to let you know that the people around you, cares for you. They all do.
 
L
 
From: Unknown
 
I might have sounded like a creep, eh? Kekekeke~ Mianhae~
 
L
 
From: Unknown
 
                I know you are going through a bad time, but trust me, please, they have forgiven you. Or rather, they have never blamed you for what happened. It was an accident. So just…forgive yourself too.
 
L
 
From: Unknown
 
                We care. Your family – everyday they are watching your health deteriorate because you lock yourself up and refuse to consume anything. Your friends – seeing you torture yourself and slowly kill yourself by not going out of the room. Yongguk and Himchan – thinks about your every single day, sighing and hoping to get to talk to you, to get a little news about you, but you chose to disappear from their lives completely. We all care for you since the past, we care for you now, and we will still care for you in the future.
 
L
 
Hyunseung started tearing up after reading those emails. He thought he was over the crying stage. He thought he was already too dehydrated from not consuming any liquid for days. He stood up, staggering on his feet from not moving for days and the weak amount of energy left in his body. He moved towards the door, opening it up. Zico got up once he heard the door open up.
 
“Z-zi…co…”
 
Hyunseung spoke with hoarseness because he didn’t spoke a word since that day. Yukwon, Minhyuk, Geurim, Jang appa and Jang umma all got up and gathered around Hyunseung. They all wore a worried yet tired expression. Hyunseung took one staggering step towards them.
 
“S-so…rry…”
 
Hyunseung slump his entire body towards Zico. He was panting so hard, his chest weaving up and down heavily. His body was heating up like a heater for winter. Zico scooped him up and placed him on his bed.
 
“Geurim, prepare some water and a cloth. It seems like the days of copping up in the room had caught him down with fever.”
 
Jang appa ordered and Jang umma rushed into the kitchen to make something light for Hyunseung.
 
“Minhyuk, Yukwon, could the both of you go to the pharmacy and buy some fever medicine please?”
 
Zico asked the two boys and both of them nodded and rushed out of the house. Zico pulled the blanket over Hyunseung and Jang appa took a thermometer to check on Hyunseung’s temperature. That was when Hyunseung knew that all of them really cares, and really loves him.
 
“Th-thank…you…”
 
♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂
 
Those were one of the times that Hyunseung was saved by Junhyung.
 
“L? Haha, what? He is a filming a show? Death Note?”
 
Yukwon and Minhyuk was laughing so hard and holding onto their stomachs. Zico was laughing so hard he was squatting down on the floor from their jokes. Hyunseung pouted so hard and sulked. He told them about the anonymous email and showed them the emails. They were grateful for his help but when they tried to figure who he was and knowing that he only labelled himself as L, they all laughed.
 
“…He labelled himself as Light today...”
 
The three boys laughed even harder. Taeil was looking at all of them like they were weirdos. He crooked his eyebrows and looked at them.
 
“What’s wrong with these dudes?”
 
Hyunseung told Taeil everything and Taeil was trying to control his laughter. Pyo maknae came to join the laughing crowd and ruffled the laughing Taeil’s hair.
 
“Hyungs, don’t laugh so much…That guy is such a great guy. Maybe he will reveal more of his name next time?”
 
“…S-so what? His full name is going to be Light Yamato?! HAHAHAH!!!!”
 
Zico said and all four of them burst into laughter once again. Hyunseung pouted deeper and whined to Kyung.
 
“Kyungggggggggg! You see your Zico!”
 
“Yah, stop laughing at him. Light is a good person.”
 
All of them smiled as they agreed with what Kyung said.

♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂

Junhyung was actually the one who influenced Hyunseung into getting a tattoo too. But Hyunseung only knew that the sender of the emails was named L.
 
“Hyunseung-ah, stop drinking…”
 
Zico pulled the cup away from Hyunseung. DUSK had closed for business as it was already 1am in the morning. Zico and the others had already cleaned up everything yet Hyunseung was still not willing to let go of the cup of alcohol in his hands. Zico had to pull the cup away with Yukwon and Minhyuk holding Hyunseung so that he wouldn’t charge at Zico for the cup. Kyung pushed Hyunseung on the chest and stared at him.
 
“Stop it Hyunseung. Drinking so much wouldn’t cure anything.”
 
“…”
 
“Hyunseung-ah, it’s not good to be drinking so much.”
 
Jaehyo smiled at Hyunseung gently. Jaehyo had a small crush on Hyunseung, but he was not gay. Hyunseung was so pretty that Jaehyo would really love him only if he was a girl. Jaehyo took a wet cloth and wiped Hyunseung’s face, so that he will feel a little refreshed before going home. Hyunseung pushed all the hands on him away and got up from his seat.
 
“ off…”
 
He couldn’t even walk straight and after a few steps, he tripped on his own legs and fell flat on his face. He whined and lie on the floor, slowly falling asleep. Hyunseung has been like this for weeks, drowning with alcohol every night so that he could avoid the dreams, but it never works. Every night, he will fall asleep with a drunken mind, but dreams of the past with a clean mind. Everything is so clear, the scene of Yongguk rejecting him, the scene of Himchan saying sorry to him, the scene of Himchan trying to pull him back from the edge of the roof, the scene of Himchan slipping off the edge, the scene of Yongguk saving Himchan and the scene of the both of them falling down the building. He would also wake up with a scream, and Geurim would always come in to comfort him. And he would always tell Geurim that he is all right and tells her to go on to school if not she will be late. He will check his email like usual before getting up from bed. L would always email him at least four times a day – morning greetings, tells him not skip lunch or fall asleep in class, reminds him to not go home too late and goodnight greetings. Hyunseung always replies with short sentences.
 
From: Unknown
 
G’ morning how’s your sleep? :)
 
Light
 
To: Unknown
 
I hate nightmares.
 
Hyunseung
 
He threw his phone on the glass rack in front of the mirror and got under the shower. The warm heat from the water let his tense body relaxed and he sighed into the water. He got out of the shower and looked into the mirror. He looked like a total wreck, his eyes were red and deep eye bags were under his eyes. Suddenly, Yongguk’s voice rang in his head.
 
Seung-ah, you were dancing all night again? You should sleep more. Your eye bags are so deep.
 
“Ughhhh…! Why the am I thinking about him again?!”
 
Hyunseung banged his fists on the basin in front of him. The rack shook from the impact and a razor dropped onto the basin. Hyunseung took it up in his hand and looked at it. The urge of cutting hit him, but he promised to never cut again. But the devil in him was telling him just once, it’s okay and the angel was telling him don’t do it, you promised. His hands were shaking as he placed the razor lightly on his skin, if he just presses it down a little more and pulls it down, his skin will tear and he will feel the pain and relieve from this ache on his heart. And suddenly, his phone rang. He turned his attention to the screen.
 
From: Unknown
 
Don’t think about it. :) I will teach you a good way to relieve the pain and stress you get from remembering the past. I tried it, and it works everytime.
 
Light
 
Hyunseung dropped the razor and drummed his fingers over the screen to type his reply.
 
To: Unknown
 
Tell me, now.
 
Hyunseung
 
In just a few seconds, his phone vibrated again.
 
From: Unknown
 
Get a tattoo. The pain will always refresh in your mind when think of the process of the inking. ;)
 
Light
 
♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂
 
“So…you think I should just go meet him?”
 
Hyunseung played with the hem of his shirt. Geurim pouted and sat beside Hyunseung on his bed. She folded her arms in front of her and knocks Hyunseung with her shoulder playfully.
 
“Oppa, don’t tell me you are not going after I went through all the trouble in helping you choose the clothes and everything you are wearing right now…”
 
“B-but…”
 
“No buts, meet up with him, talk to him and make friends!”
 
Geurim went behind Hyunseung and pushed him up from the bed. She pushed him all the way down the stairs and opened the house door.
 
“W-wait! I said wait, Geurim-ah!”
 
“Uh uh, I’m not going to let you back out now. Oh, he even stalked our home address…Oppa, your boyfriend is a little overboard~ Have fun, oppa! Byeeee!”
 
“W-what?! Boyfriend!? Yah! You brat!”
 
Geurim closed the door before Hyunseung even had the chance to push his way back in. Hyunseung turned and faced Junhyung awkwardly. He was standing outside his house, facing a man that stalked him for almost a year and he was also the brother of his ex-crush. Hyunseung shifted awkwardly between legs, he didn’t know how to face Junhyung. He didn’t know if he should put on a smile or just remain a poker face like when he was in school. Now that he thought about it, Junhyung had given him hints that he was Lightless. In school, Junhyung never fails to greet him. Lightless would never forget to send him those four emails per day too. In school, Junhyung would help Hyunseung whenever or however he can. Lightless have saved Hyunseung numerous times too.
 
Hyunseung took a peek up from looking at his shoes. Junhyung was wearing a navy blue v-neck top which had half of his collarbone tattoo peeking out of the top and his forearm tattoo exposed entirely. The front of the top was tucked into his black skinnies that made his legs look thin and firm, revealing a bright red belt. He had a black high cut shoe to complete his dressing. Unlike in school, Junhyung styled his hair a little, making his hair look much neater and it added points to Junhyung’s impression in Hyunseung’s mind. Junhyung was smiling at Hyunseung while he took in the perfect image of Hyunseung. Hyunseung was wearing tight fitting shiny black jeans that bring emphasis to his slender waist with a grey sleeveless tank top that bring out his figure and a silver studded black vest over it. He was wearing a pair of bright metallic red shoes with wings pattern attached to the corner of the hem. He was so perfect in Junhyung’s eyes.
 
“Hmmm…ready to go?”
 
“Ummm…”
 
Junhyung smiled wider and nodded his head towards his car. It was a yellow Volkswagen and it was Hyunseung’s dream car. He tried to cover up the envy look in his face but it failed badly.
 
“I will let you drive it back later if you want to borrow it.”
 
Junhyung chuckled lightly and opened the passenger seat door for Hyunseung to get in. Hyunseung got in quietly, Junhyung walked towards the driver’s seat and got into the car too. And both of them drove off to Junhyung’s house.
 
♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂
 
“Yah, Yoon Doojoon, I hate you.”
 
Yoseob pouted.
 
“…W-what…? WAE?!?!?!?! WHAT DID I DO?!?!?!”
 
Yoseob covered his ear when Doojoon shouted out loud. He pressed on his ear to clear the sound.
 
“Yah! Do you have to shout? Aish…”
 
“…But you say you hate me…”
 
“Aish…Why must I love you?”
 
“….Be-because I did so much for you…Seobie, trust me…My feelings for you are true…”
 
“Doo…why were you willing to give up so much for me?”
 
“I really love you, Seobie. I really do. When I called the council members who were with me in these dark jobs and told them that I wanted to back out, they were really angry. They didn’t want to stop because that will mean that their money will be gone. But when I thought about you, I didn’t care. I knew I have to do this if I want to be with you.”
 
“Aren’t you afraid that they will stop supporting you for the council?”
 
“I don’t care. You matter most to me. Who cares for being a president of a stupid council when you are not with me? Seobie-ah, how much more must I do to let you know my sincerity and true love for you?”
 
“Hmmm…all right, we will go on one date. And if after that date, I sense your sincerity, I will accept you.”
 
Yoseob was mentally cursing himself. Yah, Yang Yoseob, are you stupid or what? If you want to give him a chance, just say it! Go on a date than accept him?! What, a high school girl’s novel? Oh my Lord…
 
“…Jinja…? Jinja?! JINJAYO?! YAHHHH!!!”
 
Doojoon ran towards Yoseob and carried him up. He was throwing Yoseob up and down in his arms. Yoseob screamed and slapped his hands, grabbing onto his shoulder to keep his balance. He hit Doojoon on the shoulder lightly and pouted.
 
“I’m having a headache now!”
 
Doojoon gave Yoseob a goofy grin and kissed his forehead. He continued smiling and laughing like a fanboy. Yoseob chuckled lightly and pressed his palm on Doojoon’s forehead.
 
“Tch, babo.”
 
Yoseob laughed and rolled his eyes. He shook his head and hugged Doojoon back. Yoseob admitted in his heart, he secretly admitted to himself that he had fallen for Doojoon.
 
♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂ ♠♥♣♦ ♂
 
A/N: my fashion sense is not really good, so pardon me if Junseung doesn’t sound nice. XD kekeke~ sorry for the really late updates these few days. I didn’t have mood to write and I’m really eggcited for my upcoming trip to Taiwan! *O* kekeke~ im leaving Singapore in 3 days’ time for a holiday in Taiwan with my bestie and family~ woohoo!!! WHEEEEE~!!!! Kekekekeke~ I can’t promise you that I will be back with a or new chp because my bestie wouldn’t let me off for a minute there I’m sure. Kekeke~ but I will update as soon as I can, promise! :DDD and…I will most likely be posting a new on junseung’s ‘KICKING YOU IN YOUR SLEEP’ tweet. :3 kekeke~ baiyeom!!!!