Chapter 5: Confidential

Among Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    Confidential

Flashback: a year ago 

It had been a month since Seulgi's parents had died.

Today would be the day that she will go into their rooms, gather their things and send them off to be donated. Seulgi refused to ever go into that room. She knew that as soon as she did, she would not think twice to take her life just to be with them. 

She regrets letting her parents go to that trip. She regretted not going with them. Maybe if she had gone then things would have gone differently, maybe she could have saved them. Her parents deserved so much more and Seulgi knew that from the bottom of her heart. 

She skipped school that day in order to gather her thoughts and finally put her parent's things into boxes. She took a deep breath and entered the room in which they both sleeped in. Tears ran down her face as the familiar aroma filled her lungs. Her legs became weak and she ended up on the floor, unable to move.

After a while of staying where she was, she inhaled and slowly brought herself back up. 

"You can do this," she told herself as she approached her parent's closet.

She opened the door and grabbed their clothes to put them in the boxes. Seulgi felt herself run out of breath so she stopped doing what she was doing and sat down with a pile of her parent's clothes in her hand. She brought them up to her face and inhaled their scent as tears ran down her face.

She finally finished emptying their room up and now she would be going to her father's work office. Seulgi had never been allowed there ever since she was little and it always made her wonder why.

Sometimes she would be angry of the place itself due to the fact that her father would be in that room for the whole day. She would miss her father the days he would spend countless amounts of time in there.

Seulgi finds the key that will open the door to his office. She goes in with the key and takes a deep breath when she hears the doorknob click. She slightly pushes the door open, revealing a room filled with papers on the ground, even taped to the wall. She picks up a few papers as she heads towards his desk. Seulgi sits down and begins to read the papers.

 

Issued: October

A cure has finally been made. Find them.

If you don't, this company is in danger of attracting more beasts from around the world.

Description: capsule. red and blue. 26 mm x 13 mm in measurement.

 

Seulgi was confused as to what all of this meant. She quickly got up from the seat and started to wander around the room, reading at what the papers taped to the wall were trying to say. She wanted to try and piece all of this together before making any changes to the room. 

Beasts? What Beasts? How many of them are there?  

Seulgi dropped all the papers she held in her hand and went over to grab her phone, dialing Hana. Thankfully, Hana had already been on her way to see how her friend was holding up with everything that had happened to her. After Hana arrived, Seulgi took her to her father's room. 

"Do you think I should notify anyone about this? The authorities?" Seulgi asked trying to pile up the papers. 

"No Seulgi! Don't do that," Hana exclaimed as she looked at all the papers. Hana was more concerned than she had to be, but it was not as noticeable to seulgi yet. 

"It seems that these things are very confidential. I would not do that if I were you. I think we should keep the papers here and just keep this office shut until we find some solution to this," Hana continued. Seulgi nodded and they continued to organize the office.

 

Seulgi decided to miss school for the next few days. She wanted to find out what her father had been up to. She tried contacting the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter