Chapter 4 - Fitting In

Among Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

*Do note that Yuhan is the guy that mistreated Seulgi in the cafeteria and he is someone that will appear in the story quite often. 

Fitting In

Seulgi didn't want to go to school the next day. She had set her alarm clock but stayed in bed, not wanting to get ready. It was disappointing, but not a surpirse that she already hated school on the first day.

She had so many things going on, including memories of the past that still haunted her. She had so many questions and so many people she didn't want to deal with at school, not this year.

Seulgi flipped to the other side of bed looking over at the time that read 7:30 AM, doors to school opening at that time.

How do they know Yuhan? Are they part of Yuhan's group? Are they just like him? But then why would the guy, Jongin stop Yuhan from hurting me? Why did he even get involved? Does Sehun know the new guys?

Seulgi felt sudden chills run down her spine. It was almost as if the guys were nearby, since the same sensation came back at the thought of them. She wanted to see them, as if being with them would make everything feel better; Like being with them would make all her problems disappear into thin air. All she could think about were the boys.

It drove her insane since she had only met them yesterday, but there was something about them that intrigued her.

Seulgi couldn't seem to stop thinking about that boy, Jongin. His handsome, tall figure that outcasted the rest. Brown eyes that stared right at her, making her heart beat at a fast paste. She remembered a similar feeling and it turned out to be Sehun's presence that had also made her feel such an odd, satisfying way. The way Sehun's dark brown eyes looked into hers, and even though he wasn't as friendly as his sister was, he comforted her in some way.

The fact that Sehun had always been around made her feel grounded. She was unsure as to why she felt so mich strength when he was around, but it kept her going after all she has been through.

Seulgi spent so much time working on herself this summer, especially after what she had experienced. It was a shame she was throwing it all away because of a few hateful people at her school. She wanted to make this year about growth and nothing was going to get in the way of that, not even the bullies that have nothing to do but torment her. 

Seulgi looked at the ceiling. Her mind went blank. After a while, she scanned her room. When her parents died in the car crash she thought to sell the house since she would not be able to afford it.

Thankfully, her parents had left a huge amount of money to which she inherited. Seulgi was surprised at the amount they had in store for her. She did not know much about her father's job; all she knew was that he worked for a in one of the most well kown laboratories in Seoul. Seoul Science Corporation was well known for having the greatest innovation in medicine.  Seulgi's mother did not work, but stayed with her at home which resulted in them becoming so close, like best friends. Although the money her parent's had saved up was a decent amount, Seulgi still had to work long hours during the summer because the money left for her would be used to pay for schooling and the house.

She looked at the time once more,

9:00AM

As much as Seulgi didn't want to go to school today, she forced herself up and changed into her uniform that still seemed to be wet because she had taken a while washing it last night. Her whole body ached and every step she took made her incredibly dizzy. 

At this point Seulgi found some faith in herself, convincing her to go to school no matter what today. She also needed to see the guys. She somehow wanted answers although they were most likely not going to give it to her.  She kept on telling herself she didn't have to go, but her body moved faster than her thoughts at the moment. She was already late so she took this as the time to make breakfast for herself but realized she had nothing to eat. She quickly put her coat on and headed for the door without looking back. 

Although Seulgi had a summer job, she decided to quit when she realized that Yuhan showed up often. At first she would try and hide herself, but it didn't last long. This caused her to quit mid way, but she had a good amount of money earned since she worked long shifts.

Except now she's run out of money and will need a job, soon.

 

Seulgi arrived at school at 10:10AM to be exact. She didn't really find the use of going to school at this time, but now that she was there she not only had to deal with the people, but also the fact that she might get scolded for being late. Her mind was like a metronome that divided into fighting for herself or giving up. She knew giving up was the wrong thing to do, but her life was a wreck and nothing could be worse than what already happens to her without her trying or asking for it.

Recently though, it became hard for her to brush off the feeling of wanting to see the boys and it was driving her insane. 

She slowly walked upstairs to the second floor and entered the classroom. Mr. Park stopped talking and looked at Seulgi who stood there bowing in apology for her tardiness.

"Miss Seulgi, is there a good and valid reason as to why you decide to come late and interrupt my session?" Mr. Park asked. "No- I apologize Mr. Park" Seulgi muttered.

"Sit down, we will talk privately in detention." Mr. Park says and Seulgi walks over to her seat, students eyeing her. Spending time alone before going to school relaxed her, but then she realized that students saw what happened the other day and Seulgi became all anxious again. She knew the boys were staring at her, but she didn't want to make eye contact with any of them. No matter what, she brushed off the negative feelings building up inside and managed to pay attention in class, avoiding people's stares and whispers. 

When class ended, Seulgi was the last one to get out of the room because Mr. Park had given her an after school detention pass. As she walked down the hallw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter