Chapter 2;

Until You Take Me

C h a p t e r  2 ;


 

Luhan had been sitting in the chair he moved infront of the fireplace for a while now. He was deeply worried about Baekhyun being out for so long. Kai left him after only a few minutes of watching, leaving Luhan with no company but him and Baekhyun's thoughts. The more he looked through the boys mind, the more sympathy he left for him. This was one of the downside to having such a power. Knowing you can see the life of others is tempting not to stray away from, but in doing so it eventually leads to feeling things you never wanted. Luhan also felt jelousy towards Baekhyun. He was turned into this monster only at 16. He never asked for it, he still had a few years of living young, he wanted it back. He wanted what Baekhyun had; his human life.

Luhan was too busy in his thoughts and feeling he hadn't sensed the presence of another being. "Jongin tells me you brought home a friend." 

"Wouldn't say friends sense we don't know each other. Well more like he doesn't know me." 

"Okay let's leave it as aquantence." The other sat down on the arm rest of Luhans chair. When he looked to the figure on the floor he gasped, "Is that who I think it is?" 

Luhan sighed for the nth time that day, "No. But the cloak does belong to them. That's why you didn't smell human when I brought him in." Luhan explained.

"Ah." The other nodded, pondering on it for a second before turning suddenly to Luhan. "Human!?"

Luhan quickly out his hand over the boys mouth. "Shut it Kyungsoo!" He yelled in whisper, "Do you know how much trouble I can get in for this?"

Kyungsoo ripped the boys hand off of his face, "Yes I know!" Whispering, "Which is why you need to get rid of him before he comes down here and sees him!"

"The reason I brought him here was to keep him from dieing. He's going to meet his death if I let him out there again."

Kyungsoo thought about the situation some more before commenting, "Fine, I'll keep my mouth shut. But I hope you don't mind dying before 200." He joked, leaving the arm chair to inspect this human curled up infront of the fireplace. 

Luhan huffed, hugging his knees again. Why did it have to be my turn to go hunting?

 


 

Kai was by himself in his "masters" bedroom- Kai calls him that just to joke around. He went not long after Kyungsoo had left him for Luhan to wake the sleeping beauty. He began poking the giant lump under the duvet  getting nothing but groans in response and a coupe of mumbled threats. "Come on, you've been in this room all day."

"I like the peace that I used to have."

"So you stay in bed for hours just for peace?" Kai asked dully.

"It's best to savor it. I don't get much of it with two imbeciles in the same house."

Kai clicked his teeth, "Kyungsoo and Luhan aren't that bad...well maybe not Kyungs-"

"I meant you, you moron." The large lump in the bed finally sat up, revealing a tall, shirtless, aburne haired man who looked irked by the others presence.

"Chanyeol, you really hurt me sometimes." Kai faked a pained look, holding his hands to his chest.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and carried himself out of the bed and over to his dresser, pulling out a shirt to wear. "Jongin get the hell out of my room if your going to be a pest."

"Alright fine," Kai held up his hands, stepping halfway out of the room. "But, just a headsup, Luhan brought a special suprise home while he was hunting this morning." Kai sanged before shutting the door behind him, instantly disappearing leaving a puff of smoke beind him. Reappearing at the bottom of the stairs.

Chanyeol shook his head and prayed it wasn't a bunny again.

 


  

"How's he doing?" Kai asked when he stepped into the room. 

"He's fine, he's just sleeping right now." Kyungsoo answered, standing up and walking next to Kai.

They both turned to look at Luhan. He still had his knees to his chest, huddled up in the chair with his eyes focused on the boy curled up on the rug. "What's up with him?"

Kyungsoo shook his head, "He's been like this since I got here. He won't respond to me when I tried asking him questions. What ever the human's been thinking about must be intriguing." He sighed, feeling a bit worried for both of them.

It was silent for a while until Kyungsoo spoke again, "Chanyeol should be coming down anytime, " he whispered, "You wanna leave?" 

Kai took the other by the hand, leading him to the couch next to the fireplace. "I'll get us out before things get either dangerous or awkward." Kai had his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulder.

"Jongin, you wanna just leave when Luhan could get hurt?" The shorter said in a worried tone.

"Aren't you the one who suggested it first?" Kyungsoo shrugged turning his attention back to the sleeping human as Kai kissed his temple.

 


 

Its dark. Why can't I see anything? What happened to me? Where's Luhan? Did I get lost? Was I right? Was Luhan some creep who just wanted to kill me? Am I dead? Sounds logical. Sounds better. But I'm breathing. Damn. I thought I was safe. I'm still alive. Damn it. He probably wants to torture me. Or maybe he left me out in the cold to die. Not exactly a death I was hoping for. But it's warm. Really warm. Where the hell am I? We were walking through the storm. I passed out. I hear cracks. Is something breaking? No, wait, thats fire. Is he cooking me? Burning me alive? I should just lay here. I don't think I can move. I hear something else. Voices. There's more with him? How many more? I should open my eyes.

Baekhyun opened his eyes, everything was blurry. When his eyes started focusing, he'd noticed that he was on a surprisingly comfortable rug and covered in a blanket. He sat up and turned his head to the side to see Luhan hugging some man.

 


 

"I didn't mean to!" Luhan cried helplessly, trying to pry Chanyeol's hands off of him. Kai teleported himself and Kyungsoo out of the room as soon as Chanyeol figured out that there was human lying on the floor. He has to remember to kill them if Chanyeol doesn't murder him first. 

"Didn't mean to? So he just so happened to wander along side you, up the mountain, into the house, and on the floor. That's very believable Luhan." Chanyeol gripped Luhan's shirt harder making the other whimper.

"Can you let me explain before you rip my throat out." Luhan pleaded. Chanyeol narrowed his eyes, contemplating before freeing the crying boy.

Luhan let out a breath that he seemed to be holding in. He took a breath before explaining, "I found him in the middle of the forest while I went hunting. I smelled the sent that was covering him and thought he was someone else just like you, Kyungsoo, and Kai did. But when I looked and saw that it wasn't who I thought it was but was a human I was going to just leave but then I read his mind."

"He ran away from his home. Everyone was trying to find him because of a huge misunderstanding that might've just gotten him killed and he didn't want to die like that. So he ran and hid in the trees. Literally in the trees. It a big whole in it like a nesting-"

"Luhan." Chanyeol ragged.

"Right off topic. So when I knew all of that I couldn't bring myself to just leave him with barely any food to live on. He would've taken the longest trip to the next village on the other side of the mountain and probably died before he could make it. All the rivers had been near frozen by then and fruits had fallen off and buried under the snow. I wasn't going to let him die out there Chanyeol." Luhan's voice softened, "And neither would you."

Chanyeol, continued to stare at the other, eyes slightly less narrow with anger than before. 

"You have to know I had no other choice that wouldn't kill me on the inside. Please don't make him go back out there." Luhan's voice was barely a whisper by now. 

Chanyeol thought on it some more. He looked over his shoulder at the boy on the floor, bitting the inside of his lip thinking this was going to backfire somehow. Not looking at Luhan he said, "For someone with no heart you sure do have a lot of compassion."

Luhan started smiling knowing that that was a way of Chanyeol saying yes. "Thank you so much!" He leaned over and hugged the tall scroog. 

Chanyeol shook his head, pushing the other off of him. Luhan looked passed the tall man and saw that Baekhyun had finally woken up.

"Baekhyun!" Luhan ran over to the boy and squished him in a hug. "Chanyeol said you could stay! Isn't that great!?" 

"Chanyeol?" Baekhyun repeated as he looked over to the giant standing a few feet away from them. At that moment, Baekhyun felt his heart twist in an uncomfortable but somehow blissful way. Maybe it was because the mans iris' were pure red. Red. Baekhyun held a gasp and whispered lowly to Luhan. "Luhan." 

When he got a happy hum as a response, he continued, "Why are his eyes red?"

Luhan turned around to see that Chanyeol- purposely- changed his eye color. Glaring at Chanyeol, Luhan took a breath enforce turning back to the boy holding his shoulders. "Baekhyun. Listen to me. Do not freak out about what I'm going to tell you okay?" He talked slow and waited for a response. 

Baekhyun nodded his head, his eyes still wide. "Good." He paused, "We're vampires." 

"We?" Baekhyun breathed out the word apparently he had held his breath. I'm going to die.

"Yes. 'We' as in Chanyeol, the other two we live with, and me." Luhan answered very calmly and slowly almost like talking to an infant.

"You?" 

"Surprise?" He smiled awkwardly. 

"And...the other two?" Baekhyun's voice was shaky and Chanyeol was having a hard time keep a straight face on.

Luhan called Kai and Kyungsoo to come down. He didn't expect Kai to teleport them in although some part of him did. This startled Baekhyun, making him jump back with a scream. He nearly caught fire as he backed into the fireplace. 

Kyungsoo instantly moved from his spot beside Kai and was checking to see if Baekhyun had gotten burned. "Are you okay?" When the wide eyed boy nodded Kyungsoo sighed in relief, extending his hand. "I'm Kyungsoo." He smiled.

Baekhyun was hesitant but reached out and shook the round eyed boys hand. "And that's Jongin, but he likes to be called Kai for some reason." Said boy knelt down beside Kyungsoo sending him a short glare before expanding his own hand, "Please do call me Kai, I prefer it." 

The way Kai smirked at Baekhyun made him even more scared and hesitant than before. But nevertheless, he still shook his hand. 

"And lastly," Luhan chimed, "That's Chanyeol. The 'Master' of the house." Baekhyun looked back up to Chanyeol. The giant didn't come over to give him a welcome of any sort but just stared at him with a softer expression than before. "Well since introductions are out of the way, you must be tired-"

"Didn't he just wake up?" Kai pointed out.

"Yeah but he just found out he's in the presence of four vampires. That's a lot to take in considering we're known for brutal killing." 

"You mean branded." Kyungsoo added.

As Luhan and Kai argued some more, Baekhyun never let his eyes leave the tall man distancing himself from him. He watched as Chanyeol walked away and up the stairs, only looking over his shoulder at him when he was almost out of sight.  Baekhyun hadn't noticed that the entire time he wasn't breathing.

 


 

"So you all have different abilities?" Baekhyun asked as Luhan was showing him around the mansion. They were inside the garden now, sitting side by side on the steps. 

"Yeah, mine is Telekenisis; I can move objects with my mind." Luhan smiled as he dimenstated, holding his hand out towards a few vines hanging on the wall, moving them around Baekhyun and him. The boy watched in wonder. He was completely amazed by the olders power as he watched the vines dance around his being making Luhan smile more. "I can also read minds."

Baekhyun stopped playing with the plants and turned towards the other. "Is that why-"

Luhan nodded, already knowing what he was going to ask. He returned the plants to the spots on the wall- causing Baekhyun to frown a bit- to continue explaining. "The tanned boy you saw ealier, Kai, his is Teleportation; he can move from one place to another in an instant. Which explains why he appeared in the room out of nowhere." When Baekhyun nodded in understanding, he explained more. "The other boy, Kyungsoo, he can control the earth. He doesn't use it as often but when he does its for a good reason." 

"And Chanyeol," Baekhyun's chest did that weird thing again at the mention of the tall mans name, it somehow made him more interested in what Luhan was saying about him, "He can control fire."

"Fire?" Very interesting.

"Yeah, its really cool. But he's the same as Kyungsoo, he doesnt really use it as much. He'd either be unentertained or angry to use it." Baekhyun was unknowingly thinking of things that might make the tall man bored so he can see this for himself- it would be selfish to make him angry just to see his power and dangerous.

Just then, the floor started to shake. Baekhyun was about to panic before Luhan reassured him that it was just Kyungsoo. A small hole opened up in the floor along with a voice. "Dinner time guys. Get up here." Then it closed.

"Woah." Baekhyun got up from the steps and traced him hands on the floor where the hole was, it looked untouched. 

Luhan chuckled at his actions, patting him on the shoulder. "Time to eat." He then lead the younger out of the garden and up to the kitchen.

 


 

At this moment, Baekhyun was somewhat horrified seeing the three vampires ravish the poor dead deer Luhan had hunted for earlier. When Baekhyun asked Kyungsoo where Chanyeol was, he answered that the taller doesn't eat with them very much, "He eats when he feels like it." Kai interjected. It made Baekhyun suddenly feel disappointed and he didn't know why.

When they were finished, Kyungsoo looked over to Baekhyun who was sitting at the farthest part of the table on the other end. "I'm sorry Baekhyun, I forgot you were there for a moment." He wiped away the small spots of blood on his face, then he thought about something. "You don't have anything to eat." 

"It's fine, I still have some fruits in my-" 

He cut Baekhyun off, "No. You are not going to eat nothing but fruits while you staying here." He got up, searching around the barely touched kitchen, getting an idea. "I'll start cooking for you." 

Baekhyun put his hands up, "No, please, you don't-"

"Nonsense." Kyungsoo ripped leg off of the dead deer, careful not to spill blood everywhere. "It been a couple of decades but I'm sure I can still make something worth eating for you. Its no trouble, honestly." Making Baekhyun sit down, Kyungsoo walked over to the oven. He opened it and looked over to Luhan. "Do you mind?" 

"Yeah, I got it." Luhan motioned towards the still lit fireplace, levitating a few blocks of burning wood over to the stove.

Once they were inside, Kyungsoo thanked him and got to preparing Baekhyun's food. "Luhan, will you show Baekhyun to his room while I finish?"

"Sure." Luhan got up, taking Baekhyun by the hand and escorting him up the stairs. Baekhyun was about to walk down the hall himself when Luhan pulled him back, "Not this one, these are our rooms." He lead him up another flight of stairs into short hall with only three doors. "The one on the left is yours. The one on the right is Chanyeol's." 

At those words, Baekhyun's heart stop and his inside fluttered. Why did they have to put him in the hall with Chanyeol, and only him.

"What's the other door for?" Baekhyun asked instead.

"That's the attic. You can go up there if you want but for now go to your room. I'll be down stairs if you need me." Luhan patted his back, descending the stairs. 

Baekhyun took in a breath, walking down to his new room. Before opening the door, he looked over his shoulder to the tall mans room. Should I- he shook his head, opening the door and closing it after he was in.

He stared in awe as he looked around. It was three times larger than his old room. It has it's own bathroom and a much larger bed then his own. The room felt like him, it was calming. Baekhyun walked over to the bed, finally slipping off his boots. He had reminded himself about Soonkyu. She's going to freak out when she can't find me at the other village. Baekhyun couldn't ponder on the subject longer, there was a knock at his door. 

"Baekhyun, Kyungsoo's done with your dinner." It was Kai. 

"Okay." Baekhyun heard him leave. He got off his bed and out of his room. While going down the stairs he'd made a decision to leave that night.

 


 

Once he finished the dinner Kyungsoo made him- which was more than just "worth eating" for someone who hasn't cooked in decades- Baekhyun waited in his room until the house was sound and it was in the dead of the night. 

He packed up all of his things, strapped on his boots, and tied on his cloak. He quitely made his way to the door. Apon opening it, Baekhyun was startled to see Chanyeol leaning against his own.

The taller stared at him and his packed belongings, "Where are going?"

Baekhyun sputtered, "I-I was j-just um..."

Chanyeol pushed himself off of his door, walking up to the short shaking boy, "Your not leaving."

"But I-"

"I don't care. And I mean it, your not leaving." Before Baekhyun could respond, he spoke again, "Listen, going out there, your going to catch your death. But not like the first time because no ones going to be there to save you. I don't care what your intentions are or how you see the value of your life. I'm not letting you go out there." 

At this point Baekhyun couldn't even speak. Chanyeol had already turned around and went back into his room, only giving the boy a glance over his shoulder before closing the door.

Baekhyun backed up into his room, closing the door, and found his way to his bed. His heart was still racing feeling like it wouldn't stop anytime soon. 

Throughout the night he lied there in bed, mind clouded with the words of the tall man.



 

 

A/N: Hey guys, I hope this chapter wasnt too long and that your liking the story so far. Please comment, upvote, and subscribe. 

고마워~