The Others.

Own Me...

     Soyeon rolled her eyes,folding her arms as she looked Mir up and down.

     "I thought it'd be obvious."

     Mir simply raised an eyebrow,taking a few steps towards her in an attempt to scare her.But the kid wasn''t backing off.Instead,Soyeon tilted her head up to give Mir an intimidating glare.As if to say you.The young boy sneered,opening his mouth just a little to display a fang,sliding his tongue across the tip.The drop of blood seeping from his tongue was what made Soyeon stumble a few steps backwards in disgust.

     ",you're a vampire?Ah,I can't believe it,"she complained,muttering a few curses under her breath.

     "Yes,you guess right,little Telepath,"Nurse Nana interrupted,casually putting an arm around Mir's neck as she gave a mysterious smile.

     Mir snapped his fingers,sending the nurse flying off to a corner.

     "I don't usually do this,but that's the least you deserve for making my Beloved scared less,"he growled,and then closed his eyes,trying to calm himself down.

     I'm not like my master.I'm not like Byoungki.I'm not like Byoungki.

     Mir walked up to her,bending down to hand her a card.

     "Call the number.Ask for Dr Park.Park Chanyeol.Tell him that Bang Cheolyong referred you to him."

 

     Nurse Nana looked peeved, about to slap the card out of his grasp, when he continued talking.

 

    "No.Don't call me Cheolyong though.Mir.I'm Mir."

 

     "Also...You've not fed for days.Yes,I can tell.You could have drained Seungho' blood had we not reached in time,"he said, nodding at Soyeon,"The least you can do is to keep a supply of blood at home.I know how thrilling it is to feed off people, but trust me, you'll regret it if something goes wrong and an innocent life is taken.Then you'll have to deal with the Consul."

 

     He saw the older woman's face pale at the mention of the Consul.The Consulate wields such terrifying power over the vampyre population, that with one snap of a chief magistrate's fingers, a vampire guilty of breaking any one of the laws, will be summoned to court immediately.

 

     Cheolyong pointed to Seungho,"Now, release him."

 

     The disgruntled nurse stood up, patting her skirt as she moved towards the immobile boy on the bed.Her hands hovered over his wrists and ankles, carefully removing the spell she'd imposed on him.Seungho rolled off the bed, collapsing to the floor like a puddle of goo.His limbs were exhausted and numb , and he was thankful for the support Mir provided when the younger knelt to collect him in his arms.

 

     Soyeon looked on uncertainly, scratching her head

 

     "Soyeon-ah, what classes do you guys here after break?"Mir broke the silence with a question.

 

     "Mhm....History.And that's all for the day, if I'm not wrong.No hagwon today,"she replied, a finger tapping her chin as she tried to recall the day's schedule.

 

     "I'm gonna be bringing him home, ok? It doesn't look like he's gonna be recovering any soon,"he said hurriedly, shooting Nurse Nana an accusing glare as she looked away guiltily

 

     "Ugh.Dont look at me like that, kid.Even I dont know why he's not recovering fast.It's weird.And I've not even had a considerable amount of blood before you guys came barging in,"she grumbled tucking both hands into her pockets.

 

     Seungho suddenly stood up straight,leaning against the gurney behind him for support.

     "Um,I think I'm okay now."

     Sure enough,Seungho was able to stand up without Mir's support,even.He gently patted the boy's head as he made his way out of the room,Soyeon trailing behind him quietly.

     "This is all a dream.This is all a dream..."he mumbled as he tried to get away as he quickly as he could from the two vampires.

     "I will wake up and I will realise that I've just been dreaming and that a succubus of a vampire wasn't trying to kill me.Yes.Yes."

     Seungho drifted into the classroom in a dazed state,looking fine on the outside,but barely functioning on the inside.his mind was still trying to get over the images of Cheolyong and that...that man.And Nurse Nana.Touching him.Trying to mark him the way he wanted Cheolyong to mark him.He felt for the wounds around his neck,surprised as he felt them close up at his touch. When he touched that area once again,there was nothing except smooth soft skin.he thought he'd never felt his skin feel so baby-soft ever since he began his journey through puberty.

     Soyeon whispered,"Seungho-ah,are you really okay?"

     She had a hand on his shoulder.He gave her a wide smile.

     "Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?"He patted her hand,before looking up as Mrs Kim attempted to get the whole class to pronounce "Korea" in English in an American accent.


 

     "Well,shouldn't you be getting back to class now?"Nurse Nana asked,this time sounding a little more friendly and with a little less sass than before.

     He breathed out a tiny sigh,shaking his head as he began walking out.

     "I think I'm the one who needs rest now."

     At that very moment,Byoungki appeared.Cheolyong shrank to a corner while Nurse Nana gasped,rushing to hide behind a table.He couldn't fault her.Byoungki's one of the chief magistrates on the Consul,which means that he has a really significant amount of power and could choose to dispose of Nurse Nana in a blink of an eye.

     Byoungki snapped,"What did you do?Your energy's all drained up.You look like you're gonna collapse anytime soon!"

     His lips were pale and cracked,Mir realised.He could have sworn that he did nothing extra strenuous than usual,aside from searching for Seungho by trying to Recall. 

     But he didn't recoil when Byoungki covered him with his coat,leading him out of the sick bay.Nurse Nana could only stare as the two figures faded out of sight.


     Mir was busy bags after bags of blood,after Byoungki decided to leave him alone when he got a message from the Consulate.A rogue vampire had just been captured.

     He sneered.It's not like Byoungki was any better,tearing his way through whorehouses and imprisoning Mir against his will.It was just that he has always been protected by the fact that he was in the Consul.The only other person on the board was Jung Byunghee but even that other magistrate seemed to be too preoccupied with problems on his side to deal with Byoungki.

     He threw away the empty bags,preparing himself for when Byoungki arrives home.

     Byoungki wouldn't like to see the house in a mess.

     Angel...      

     He thought of Seungho.

     I hope you're alright.

 


     Seungho tried to wrap his head around everything Soyeon had just spilled to him.

     The Others....Underworld....Demons....Devils...Vampires....Telepaths....Elves.....Sprites....Some have been living among the humans on Earth.....Some trapped in the Underworld....Some able to roam freely between two worlds.....

    He gripped his head tightly,as though it had been spinning and he was trying to stop it from doing so.

     Then he heard that whisper in his head.

     Angel.

     A low thrum started in his belly when he realised that he recognised the voice.He was so sure that it was Cheolyong's,his puppy's.It had been two days ever since that incident with Nurse Nana,and Cheolyong had been trying to avoid him in school.Everytime he thought he got the younger one cornered,he will disappear right in front of Seungho.He had never seen anyone trying to get away from him that desperately before.And then,he would hear that voice.Angel.Angel who?Was he referring to Seungho?But in what way is Seungho an angel?

     Hayoung stepped into the otherwise empty classroom,arching an eyebrow as he took in the sight in front of him.

     "Dating now,huh,my friends?"he asked,clapping his hands sarcastically.

     "Ugh,shut up,Hayoungie,"Soyeon moaned,as she slammed her head onto the desk.

     Both Seungho and Hayoung winced.

     "Oh yeah,by the way,I'd just seen that guy...Uh....You know...That weird little guy who came into our class that other day?With his dad,I think.I don't know.There was this tall dude in a coat.He looks like a flasher,by the way,what with the damned large coat wrapped around him,and a thick scarf almost covering half his face---Anyway,they're heading into the heaadmaster's office.Rumour has it that he's going to withdraw from this school."

     Seungho stood up all of a sudden,pushing the desk in front of him away,which made Soyeon bump her teeth against the edge of it because she was about to open to talk when Seungho decided to sick the damn table on her.

     "Wait.Withdrawing?"