A new roommate

1-4-3

Autumn sky

Hope is high

 

 

 

Luhan was dragging his suitcase along the corridor. Long sighs and mumblings could be heard. He was kicked out from his room. It wasn’t his fault. It wasn’t his fault that he couldn’t tolerate with untidiness or noise. He had a nice roommate before. His name was Xiumin. He was really a tidy person and spoke only few important words. But, unfortunately he had to go. After just a year in university, he had been scouted into an agency. Due to his achievement in a competition that Luhan didn’t know he joined, he left with a huge smile that Luhan never knew he had.

After that, he had numerous miscommunications with his next roommate. Another after another. Usually, his new roommate will leave after they had enough but, this time, a difficult person came in. He was a chic guy and everyone knew who he was so, Luhan never cared to even remember his name. All of his products and designers clothes just kept pricking Luhan’s patience that he had trained for ‘several roommates’. When he had enough, the dean, yes, the dean was on that guy’s side.

Luhan had to pack up everything and left.

The dragging sound of his suitcase filled the corridor’s space. It was not the carrying-a-dead-body kind of dragging, his suitcase had wheels. His arms were starting to hurt because, his new room was probably nearing the end of the block. He sighed again, “There goes my energy”.

Night was approaching and he left his ex-room in the morning. It wasn’t because this new room was that far, it was Luhan’s lifeless movement. When he reached his new room, he lazily searched for his keys. His keys dropped on the cement floor with loud thud and made Luhan jumped. He finally noticed that the night had approached. He was a manly man but, when night approached, he was quite not the person he said he was. His laziness was gone in huff and the door was opened in less than a second.

He was greeted with a dark room and he d his way to the light switch. He was calmed after the light was switched on well, after panicking when he accidentally switched on the fan that was set to full speed. His heart couldn’t handle any more surprises that his whole body gave up and he collapsed on the bed which he assumed was empty. He was feeling sleepy and hadn’t unpacked his stuffs. But, he didn’t care. He needed that rest. He was already fast asleep when someone slowly went into the room and switching the light off. Two tired breaths filled the room.

 

Wind is blowing

Leaves are falling

 

 

 

A loud beeping filled the room. Luhan was about to throw a pillow that he couldn’t find so, he was about to throw something at it. Miraculously, it stopped beeping when Luhan finished that sentence in his mind. ‘Who’s that? Is it who or what?’ he thought and he quickly sat up. It is not good to sit or stand up quickly when you’re lying down. Luhan felt dizzy and his sight black out for a moment. When he opened his eyes, he was staring at the ceiling. He sat up again but, this time slowly sitting up and saw a black figure was exiting the room. Luhan clenched his teeth trying to hold his scream and froze on his bed.  He couldn’t find his blanket with his current situation so, he pulled his hood over his head and tried to calm himself down.

The door creaked and woke Luhan up. He fell asleep in the midst of calming himself. He peeked through a small opening under his hood and saw that black figure again. It was looking for something and exiting again swiftly when it found that something. Luhan immediately searched for his phone just in case it was going to attack him and he could call for help (?). He clutched the phone tightly and hid under his hoody again. The time was 6 am. His class was going to be at 10 am. He needed to get up and went on with his life.

He finished his bath quickly and had a little snack just to have enough energy to unpack his stuffs. He hung all of his clothes and arranged his stuffs on the study table. He made his bed and took a glance at the bed just opposite of his.

It was neat but, it looked like no one ever slept on it. The books on the study table were mostly about music and dance. Luhan was uninterested to know this person so, he let all slide away from his thoughts. He was doing it just fine until he caught a sight on a purple earphone near the study table on the floor. A sudden irritation came to him, ‘This person just left his stuffs (?) on the floor!’ and picked the poor earphone with an angry grip.

He was seething with rage. Well, he couldn’t tolerate with untidiness even a bit. His compulsive behavior was never admitted by him and he insisted he was just being civilized.

 

Eyes

On

You

 

 

 

The sudden ajar of the door made Luhan jumped. It was slowly opened and the figure in black was slowly appearing. Luhan swallowed loudly and made his throat hurt.

It wasn’t a figure to be afraid off. It was a figure to be worried about.

Luhan saw an exhausted boy instead of some faceless or scary figure. He was not wearing an all black clothing but, dark purple hoody and tight navy blue jeans. He mentally smacked himself for being paranoid and quickly approached the boy because he looked like he might pass out.  That boy kept wiping his sweat with his sleeves and tried to catch his breath. Even though he was sitting down, his eyes were searching. Luhan was confused and wandered what he was searching for. It came to him. He showed the boy the earphone and he took it with a smile. No irritation, no anger and no negative feeling came to Luhan even though he was facing the person who caused him to be angry just a few moments ago.

That smile was so innocent. Luhan couldn’t let his eyes left from that boy. He never had this strong urge to know anyone before. This feeling was too much for him to contain and let out stuttering greetings despite being a language major student. His too fast heartbeat wasn’t helping him with pumping more blood because next thing he knew, he collapsed on the bed that wasn’t his.

That angelic smile filled his sight when he finally popped open his eyes. He sat up quickly when he noticed he was pillowed with the boy’s thighs. His face was heavily colored with red blushes. He wondered how many times will he lose consciousness because of this angelic boy.  This time, he was sure he didn’t want to lose this roommate or this angel.

 

I

Meet

You

I

Know

You

I

Want

You

I

Like

You

I

Love

You

 

Yixing is his name. He is very forgetful and thanks to Luhan, he has lesser visits to the dorm to pick up anything he forgets to bring. Though, some of his visits are due to Luhan’s need for attention. He has a bit of communication problem but, it doesn’t prevent him from making a lot of friends. He is friendly and gentle in nature. Yixing in person never fail to surprise Luhan and this makes him wants to know everything about Yixing. Everything.

 

Luhan doesn’t care if their room is too far as long as Yixing is his roommate. He doesn’t care if everyone nags him about his personality as long as Yixing loves him the way he is. He doesn’t care if night approached as long as he is there to pick up Yixing from the dance studio. He doesn’t care if surprises never end as long as he has Yixing with him all those times. This is his 1-4-3 vows to Yixing.