CHAPTER 56

Locked with You
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Sitting on the beach, Yunho watched as the sun slowly went down until it disappeared when it hit the ocean. And as the night began to form, he let out a sigh and took a drag from the bottle of wine he was holding for the past hour.

 

He closed his eyes as the liquid poured down his throat. Warmth spread through his chest and for a moment he found comfort from this warmth. When he opened his eyes, loneliness had once again enveloped him. Loneliness that was as dark as the forming night and as cold as the wind that brushed against him. He should feel as free as he should be from the decisions he made yet freedom was the least he felt during that moment. Not when his brother and Dara’s life was in jeopardy because of him he could be free. He’d been a coward all this time even right from the start. His cowardliness brought all of this pain to his brother and his wife. And now he realized that he should put a stop to it. There was no room for cowardliness anymore. Not when everyone that he cared for was in pain.

 

And so, with any possible way he could find, he will make a change of every wrong thing he had done. He craved to do something right for once. The realization hit him so hard that the loneliness that he felt earlier was replaced by eagerness of making something right. How to do it, he would find out but all he could think of right now was that he was done running away.

 

--

 

Jiyong abruptly parked in front of Taeyeon’s house. His whole body was trembling in anger. He was angry at Taeyeon, angry at the situation but most of all, angry at himself. He tightly gripped the steering wheel and his arms trembled from too much pressure on his grip. He gritted his teeth and battled with himself if doing this, going to Taeyeon, blaming her would lessen the mistakes he had done, would erase the embarrassment he brought to his family, especially to his wife.

 

Slapping his arms on the wheel before leaning down and resting his forehead on his arm, he finally realized that blaming it all to Taeyeon won’t do anything to change what had already been done. It would only prove what a coward he really was. So with a frustrated growl, he turned around and drove around the city as the night continued to deepen.


 

--


 

That night, Dara cried herself to sleep. She didn’t know how long she cried since Jiyong left her, all she knew was, he didn’t go home. She cried not only because of sadness and anger towards what has been said between her and Jiyong but most of all, she was worried as to where he might be and what he was doing. He was emotional when he left, she probably hurt him with her words but she couldn’t let it be unspoken forever. So with worry and other emotions inside of her, she cried all night until there were no tears left and slumber took over the remaining strength she had in her.

 

--

 

With an empty bottle and a mind clouded with so many thoughts, Yunho didn't notice as the night deepened. He didn't notice the man standing a couple of feet behind him. Jiyong was watching his older brother for a while now. Yunho didn't notice him even when he started to approach him.

 

Yunho trembled when the cold breeze of the night hit him. He finally woke up from his trance and finally became aware of his surrounding. So when he felt someone was watching him, he quickly looked back and was stopped when he saw a familiar face. At first, he thought it was the effect of alcohol not until his younger brother started to move and walked towards him. He squeezed his eyes shut and opened it to see Jiyong still walking towards him.

 

"Jiyong." He finally called. His voice faltered a bit as shame, regret and sadness all came to him. He couldn't see Jiyong's expression clearly because of the darkness of the place so he waited until Jiyong was finally right in front of him. He braced himself for the coming storm this confrontation might bring but his breath left him when Jiyong finally stood in front of him wearing a soft and longing expression on his face.

 

"Hyung." Jiyong whispered but Yunho heard it clearly that he shivered from the memory of the last time Jiyong called him with that kind of voice... so much hope and expectation. Yunho wasn't able to say anything as he just stared at his younger brother. He tried to think of something to say... anything... but he was so scared he might ruin everything again if he tried to speak.

 

Jiyong felt his uneasiness. The side of his lips turned from amusement before he looked away from his older brother and noticed the bottle of wine on the sand beside some of his things.

 

"Got anymore of that drink?" he said as he tipped his head pertaining to the bottle on the sand. Yunho was confused at first before he shifted his gaze to his drink and back at Jiyong. He looked at his brother for a while before his shoulders dropped and wasn't able to control himself as he threw himself to his brother and wrapped his bigger arms around his younger brother.

 

Jiyong gasped as Yunho embraced him tightly. He smiled on his brother's shoulder and felt the sudden emotion that was bottling inside him all these time. His jaw clenched as tears filled his eyes.

 

"Oh Jiyong, God! You don't know how sorry I am for making you suffer like this! I'm so sorry for ruining everything for you, little brother. I had been so selfish." Yunho failed to control himself again as he cried while holding on tightly to his brother and continuously apologized for the things he did.

 

Jiyong broke free from his brother's embrace and clapped his shoulder. Yunho looked at his brother, eyes still filled with tears. Jiyong squeezed his shoulder and smiled.

 

"I understand.I do understand now."

 

Yunho stared at his younger brother for a while before a smile formed on his lips. He hugged Jiyong once again and this time, the latter let him and didn't break free.

 

--

 

They sat beside each other on the beach, strained silence between them as only the sound of the wind and the splash of the waves could be heard. Jiyong just told his older brother everything that he missed during his absence. Telling his brother everything, repeating everything that he did to Dara during the beginning of their marriage was like confessing his sins to a priest, he couldn't be any more ashamed uttering each word and reliving each memories. Yunho didn't say a thing all throughout. And when Jiyong told him about his present agony, Jiyong wasn't able to control his emotions. Yunho noticed the strained voice of his younger brother and the frustration that came with it. When Jiyong was done, Yunho still kept his silence and gave Jiyong the time to compose himself. After a long moment of silence, Yunho c

Please log in to read the full chapter