Chapter 44

Locked with You
Please log in to read the full chapter

“You ate most of the ice creams all by yourself..?”

He asked her as he stared at the single gallon of ice cream on the table… as soon as the two finished her ‘cold kimchi pancake’… they headed to watch a movie in their entertainment room… with her just complying with his words… even though she already asked him to rest, he stubbornly forced her to watch a movie with him… 

“No… Mr. Lee and the other maids joined me… you were just so busy, I don’t want to bother you…”

He was about to tell her that he was not… that she was the one who’s avoiding her during those times, but he just dropped the topic… careful not to ruin the peaceful mood… he just got the ice cream and started to share it with her as the movie started…

“Come here…”

Not waiting for her to comply with his words… he had already pulled her beside him on the sofa bed they were lying at… throwing his arm around her shoulders to let her lean on him…

Dara’s eyes were fixed on the screen but her mind was far from the chic flick they were watching… even stopped from eating her bowl of ice cream… for all she could think of was him… the amazing change in him… wishing for the day not to end… wishing for him to just tell those words to her over and over again… 

His hand would gradually rub her shoulder despite that he was focused on what he’s watching… and Dara looked up to steal a glance on him… chuckled to herself realizing that they were watching some romance movie… never that she thought he likes to watch those kinds of movies… 

“What’s funny huh…?”

He asked her… not breaking his gaze away from the screen… it took her a while to respond at him…

“Jiyong…”

“Hmmm…?”

This time, he looked down at her… placed the bowl of his ice cream on the table beside him before he reached down to the side of her lips and wiped off the stains… as usual she’s still as clumsy as ever…

“Thank you…” she whispered… he raised a brow at first, watched her face, with her round eyes sparkling as she looked at him … after a while, his lips slowly turned into a smile… he doesn’t know what she meant by it… but hearing it from her was enough to make him smile… what more if he would hear the words he’s dreaming to hear from her…

With that, he leaned down and placed a peck on the top of her head before getting his bowl back and continued watching the movie… Dara did the same… snuggled closer to him as she brought her gaze back to the screen and continued to watch the movie with him…


--


He carefully took the empty bowl of her ice cream away from her arm… she had been hugging it for the whole time that she was sleeping… and watching her like that just put a smile on his face… she fell asleep in the middle of the movie and Jiyong just felt it when something heavy landed on his shoulder only to see that it was her head… 

“Sssh…”

He placed a finger on his lips to tell the maids to be careful not to wake her up… they all bowed and just stayed on their spots and watched him as he scoop her up in his arms… they were about to help him carry her but he shook his head no…

“I can manage…” he said as he smiled at them before making his way out to their room.

Just then she suddenly stirred from her sleep when she felt herself being lifted… arms immediately came to wrap around his neck as she turned to hug him and rest her head on his shoulder…

“Ji…?” She sleepily asked… not opening her eyes probably thinking it was just her dream…

He smiled at that… quickened with his walk before she completely woke up… 

Gently placed her down on their bed… he took off her slippers and tucked her inside the blanket… not minding his own tired body… he sat beside her and watched her for a while as she slept… placed a kiss on her forehead and caressed her cheek for a while before letting out a deep sigh and brows furrowed a bit… 

“I can fix this Dara-ah…” he whispered… scanned her face first before he stood up and left their room as he went to his office…

He placed his phone against his ear… waited for the other line to pick up… his other hand came behind his neck… still wearing a bothered expression on his face… with his heart beating so fast because of anxiousness… another deep sigh came out from him when the other line finally picked his call…
 


--


She scampered as soon as she saw who was calling her… her heart jumped upon seeing the name and immediately sat up on her on the edge of her bed, only with her blanket covering her bareness…

“Oppa… what… what made you call…?”

She stuttered… pushed her hair back with her hand as she tried to calm herself down… 

“Taeyeon-ah… are you okay…?”

She shut her eyes tight for a second, calming herself down… looked over her shoulder, blaming herself for her stupidity… what if Jiyong will come this night…? What if he’s alre

Please log in to read the full chapter