Chapter 43

Locked with You
Please log in to read the full chapter

“What do you mean you’re still not done with it..? The construction’s going to start next month, and we won’t be able to start it until there are still residents living in there..! I already gave you much time to do it, and you can’t even do a simple task of chasing them away…!”

Dara almost jumped from the shouting voice of her husband… as soon as she got out from the changing room Jiyong’s angry voice welcomed her… the same voice that she usually hear from him back then, the voice that was so different from how he sounded earlier as he whispered sweet nothings to her during their intimate time inside the shower.

He was talking with someone over the phone… and it’s clear on his face that he does not like what he’s hearing over the line… he’s already dressed with his usual business attire… less his coat and the still not done buttons of his shirt… clearly he’s distracted to even fix himself.

But as soon as he saw her… the rage on his face slowly calmed and a slight smile formed on his lips as he looked at her from head to toe… Dara smiled back, played on the hem of her shirt before she saw him walked towards her, bringing with him his tie.

“Arasso… I’ll go there myself… wait for me”

The anger in his voice was all gone as his eyes fixed on hers. He pulled his phone away from his face before hanging up on the other line. 

She shyly looked away when he’s just a foot away from her… cheeks would blush whenever their activity from earlier would brush her mind… 

Another smile formed on his lips upon seeing it… he walked closer to her and trapped her body between his arms as he leaned over the cabinet behind her and placed his phone over it… Dara bit on her lower lip… her heart just won’t stop from beating out loud, and her husband’s sudden affection towards her doesn’t help her to calm her nerves down. 

Jiyong closed his eyes for a second as soon as he smelled her scent… didn’t forget to place a gentle peck on the side of her head before he reached for her hands. 

“Put this on for me please”

He told her, talking about the tie on her hands… Dara looked up to him innocently… and he chuckled on how her lips pouted at what he said, with that he leaned down to her and placed another peck on her lips… his poor wife could only gasp, blush and blink her eyes for a couple of times as she look down for a bit before she started to reach around his neck to put on his tie.

“Did you tell Ms. Lee that you’ll be late? Sorry about earlier”

He whispered… hand reached to caress her cheek, as if he still hasn’t had enough to touch her… he knows he’d been forcing himself to her since last night… but if that’s the only way he could express how he feels, no matter what she thinks of him… he’ll still do what he feels like… because everything becomes all right when it comes to loving her. 

“It’s okay… I already called her and she said she’s still doing something, so she would probably be late as well… by the way, who are… you talking with earlier?”

She hesitated to ask him… voice trailing off and gaze immediately darted away from his when she saw him raised a brow… he smiled, his finger tapped the tip of her nose to catch her attention back which she immediately complied. 

“That was just someone from work… we just had some problems and I guess I need to go there myself to fix it…” 

She just nodded at him…rested her hands on his chest as soon as she finished fixing his tie… about to pull herself away from their close distance… Jiyong’s arm wrapped around her frame… putting her still on her place… pulling her even closer against him… 

“Jiyong… I thought you still need to…-“

She shyly told him… kept her hands between them… his other hand held hers on his chest before his gaze landed on the necklace she was wearing.

“They can wait… by the way… I always see you wearing this… what’s the key for…?”

He reached for the key on her necklace and Dara’s hand immediately came to catch his even before he could examine it further… placing it inside the shirt she’s wearing… she looked up and saw the curious expression on her husband’s face. 

“It’s nothing… oppa gave this to me back then, it just meant nothing…”

She lied… but enough to put a tinge of jealousy on her husband after hearing her talking about her brother-in-law…

“Seunghyun-ssi…?”

He asked… earning an eager nod from her… for a while he just looked at her… never he did gave her anything… just a wedding ring which was even decided upon by his parents…bitterness, just what he needed to add more to the jealous feeling inside him… 

“What’s wrong…?”

Her voice snapped him back from his trance… he immediately turned his gaze back to her and gave her back a smile… letting the thoughts be brushed away, he lifted his hand and reached for the loose strands of her hair… tucking it behind her ear, didn’t let the chance pass to caress her cheek with his thumb… before freeing her from his hug…

“I’ll drop you off to your meeting place…”

He said as he turned around to get his coat on the bed… she immediately followed to help him wear it… he looked over his shoulder and smiled at her…

“No Jiyong… I’ll just ask Mr. Lee to drop me off… your employees are probably waiting for you now…”

As soon as he wore his coat, he sighed… he really wanted to spend the whole day with her... never he had felt this disappointed before… he turned around to look at her with a blank expression on his face like he used to… and upon seeing it, Dara immediately went worried… it’s probably about the phone call earlier… she thought… 

“Are you really okay…?”

He scanned her face for a while… making her more uncomfortable with the sudden silence from him… she was about to speak, about to tell him, he might be late with his appointment when he cut her off with his words… 

“Call me if you need something arasso…” she could only nod… he reached for her hand and pulled her closer to him…

“I’ll try to go home early…” his voice trailing off as he pulled her much closer to him… she just nodded once again… looking away as their distance grew smaller with him continuously pulling her to him… 

“Do you love me…?”

It came out to him as a sudden… probably just a slip out of his tongue because he was too engrossed on waiting for her to at least say those words to him… and just as he expected in her… he saw how she was surprised with his statement… lips parted and eyes locked with him for a while…he could only let out a slight bitter smile and without waiting for any words to come out from her… he suddenly leaned down and planted a soft peck on her lips… her eyes widen at first… why does he keep on catching her off guard… after a while, her eyes slowly closed, just letting herself fall for the overflowing bliss he’s showering over her… Jiyong held her with both of his hands… and upon seeing her closed her eyes… he smiled between their kiss before slowly closing his eyes as well…

For a while they stayed like that… lost in their own world once again… letting the time pass… both heart beats that were even beyond its capacity… indulging themselves from their newly found love… at least for him… 


--


“You’ve been smiling since I arrived… did something good happen while I was away…?”

Cl’s words woke me up from my trance… I just realized I had been dreaming awake since I left the house… how can I not if my mind was filled with nothing but the thoughts of Jiyong and my heart won’t stop from beating so fast whenever I would once again feel the warmth of his kisses against my skin… everything was just so fast and as if it was all still like a dream… I could only be dazed and replay everything in my mind over and over again… 

“You know what Cl… I don’t know if it was too fast, rather if this is really happening to me now… I’m just… I’m just so happy right now…”

I heard her chuckled… wouldn’t blame her to it because it’s probably her first time seeing me acting so giddy over such a thing…

“Well… that’s good to know that you’re happy… but it would be better to know the reason behind it…”

I took a sip on my tea before tucking in a loose strand of hair behind my ear… couldn’t help but to crept out another smile as I turned back to her. 

“Jiyong… Jiyong said he loves me…”

And just what I expected… the smile on my lips went wider upon seeing her obvious surprised expression.

“He did what…? Really…?”

She almost forgot that were not the only people inside the restaurant as her voice slightly went loud… I could only nod at her words… took another sip of my drink as I listened to her who seemed to be still in a state of shock with my news… who wouldn’t be…?

The man who knew nothing but to hurt me… said the sickest words he could throw at me… stabbed my heart over and over again… was also now the same man who told me how beautiful I am… said the loveliest words that could ever flutter my heart… and now the same man who’s drowning me in a deep trance together with the rejoicing beats inside my heart… 

“If that’s the case… I’m so happy for you Dara-ah… just in time he should realize how precious you should be to him… what… what did you say to him..?”

She asked in anticipation… and with her words… I was made into a stop… the smile on my face slowly faltered as realization came to me…

Cl probably noticed the sudden change in me as I felt her hand covering mine… I looked up to h

Please log in to read the full chapter