Chapter 36

Locked with You
Please log in to read the full chapter

His gaze was set to the ceiling… hands continuously caressed his lover’s head that was resting on his chest… many times he had already tried to close his eyes and wished for slumber to hit him… but no matter how many times he tried, he always failed… feeling something’s lacking… making him feel so uneasy…

He glanced down, carefully checked if his lover’s now sleeping and upon seeing she already is… he again, carefully shifted her on her bed… resting her head on the pillow and tucking her inside the blanket…

He glanced at her one last time… brushed her hair away from her face before he sat down on the edge of the bed…

He sighed… resting both of his elbows on his thighs… hands rubbing his face… he glanced over the clock on the bedside table… it’s already eleven in the evening… eventually dropped his gaze before he sighed once again…


‘Is she waiting…?’


Words that's been bothering his mind for a while now…

His gaze then landed to his phone on the bedside table… the next thing he knew were his feet were dragging him towards it… then eventually seeing himself seated on the sofa inside Taeyeon’s room…

He stared on his phone for a while… battling with himself if he would call ‘her’ or not…

--

Had her eyes directed on the window… watching the night inside ‘their’ bedroom… still having her hopes that ‘he’ would come back… she waited…

She rolled herself on the bed… now staring at the empty space beside her, she sighed… thinking if he will not really come home…

‘Don’t be ridiculous Dara…’

Scolding herself… hand reaching for the space beside her…


‘You won’t love me back… won’t you…?’


Her long lashes fluttered in sadness… lips trying to curve out a bitter smile… in the end she let out a long deep sigh…

She rolled herself again… facing ahead as she closed her eyes… reminiscing everything that had happened the entire day… finally, a smile curved on her lips… remembering those smiles of his… those warm hugs that he had given her… his voice that sounded better than the music itself… oh how blissful it is yet bittersweet for it ended miserably…

She opened her eyes as she placed her hand on her chest… felt her heart beating so fast…


‘Why are you being stubborn…?’


Scolding herself once again only to receive nothing but still the loud beats of her heart…

“Now I’m talking to myself...”

She mumbled… only to be distracted when she heard the ringtone of her phone echoed inside the room…

She lazily stood up from the bed… glanced over the clock on the wall seeing it’s already eleven in the evening… wondering who would be calling her in the middle of the night… she picked up her phone on the vanity table and without checking who’s calling, she quickly answered it…

“Dara…?”

She immediately went stiff on her spot upon hearing that voice… she then checked her phone if she’s really hearing the voice of her husband… and her eyes went big upon realizing she really is…

“Are you still there..?”

She hastily put the phone back against her ears as she went back to the bed… sitting on its edge stiffly…

“Ye… yes… why… what made you call…? Do you need something…?”

She stuttered… biting her lower lip for she really doesn’t know what to tell him… a long silence was heard from the other line that made her brows slowly connected in worry… after a while she heard him sigh…

“Why are you still awake…?”

His voice

Please log in to read the full chapter