Chapter 23

Locked with You
Please log in to read the full chapter

“My dad wants me to marry some spoiled brat jerk…”

CL angrily told her once their class dismissed… Dara noticed her friend’s gloominess throughout the period… she didn’t talk a bit just like she used to… and so noticing the sudden change from her friend, Dara asked her once they got out of the room…

Dara was surprised… speechless hearing what her friend just told her… the same nightmare that she had is now hunting her friend…

“The night of the fair… I was supposed to meet the son of my friend’s dad… but I ditched that jerk… my dad knew about it and he was so furious... I really don’t want to marry… not now… not to someone I don’t even know…”

CL’s voice was shaking… tears could be seen in her eyes… Dara understood what her friend’s feeling right now… the feeling of being cornered and unable to escape… she immediately reached for her friend and hugged her tight… thinking this is what her friend needs right now… someone whom she could lean on… something that she didn’t got when she was in her friend’s place back then…

“Everything’s going to be alright…”

She cooed her friend… hoping that everything would really be alright… wishing that if such marriage would proceed… her marriage would be far better than hers…

--

“I saw that jerk one time in a party… and seriously he’s nothing but an arrogant fart… he does nothing but to show off his cars and money… plus he’s a big flirt… showing off too his so-called charm to girls… Never I imagine myself being with a guy like that…”

They were out for a drink… accompanying her friend for CL doesn’t want to go home yet… she listened to her friend’s tirades… letting her out everything… and the alcohol helped her friend to let it all out… while she on the other side was having her thoughts drifted to somewhere else…

Her friend noticed her lack of presence… saw the bothered look on her face and so, CL reached for her hand beside her which automatically brought her back from her deep thoughts…

“What’s wrong…?”

Her friend asked her… she sighed thinking if she should tell her what happened between her and ‘his’ lover earlier… concerned that her friend already has her own problem… and adding up to it would be too much…

“Dara… tell me… is there something bothering you…? I think you should at least share it to me right… I’m your friend now…”

So much for her friend’s convincing… she decided to just tell CL everything…

“I had a talk with Taeyeon earlier…”

Her friend’s eyes widen but no words came out from her…she just listened… wearing an unexplainable expression on her face… and oblivious to her friend’s reaction she continued…

“I really feel guilty for everything… I feel sorry for them to experience such heartaches… if only I could turn back the time…”

Dara bowed her head… brows slowly meeting each other for guilt was haunting her once again… her friend’s face finally showed emotion… touched by Dara’s kindness and unselfishness… how could such person suffer in this kind of situation… she thought… CL tightened her hold on her hand…

“It’s not your fault… no ones at fault Dara…”

Her friend’s gentle voice calmed her… she knows it’s not… but she can’t help but to think that somehow she’s still at fault… if only she insisted back then… if only she just ran away… if only she knew about them…

“Dara…”

CL tried to wake her up again from her thoughts… she knows that Dara’s battling with herself…she knows that Dara’s still blaming herself until now… such a kind person to think of somebody else’s situation… but too much kindness from her could bring her in more pain…

“Don’t listen to anyone… you of all people should know to yourself that it’s not your fault… you… we… are just victims of the selfishness of others…”

CL’s voice trailed off… ‘she’ looked at her friend with still a bothered face… it’s true that both of them are now in the same situation… both locked up to something they have to pay which they didn’t even owe…

After so much convincing from her friend… Dara was able to feel the lightness inside once again… noticing that her friend’s thinking of something, she asked CL…

“I don’t feel good towards Taeyeon… I think that angel looking girl is up to something…”

She looked at her friend wonderingly… thinking why CL thought of that way towards Jiyong’s lover… throughout their conversation earlier… she didn’t feel any bad vibes from the other… except from the uncomfortable atmosphere that she already expected to happen…

“I mean… how could she be so casual towards you…? Telling you those things which in the first place are I think she shouldn’t have to since you already know their relationship… she doesn’t even know you… I believe that was the first time you met each other…”

Dara shook her head… thinking what would be his lover’s reason if she’s planning on something… the first time she saw Taeyeon… she was quickly amazed by the girl’s beauty… no wonder why he fell for her… and much to her amazement she’s better off when she had a talk with her… sure she is a talker but her words were full of love… towards her husband…

And as much as she want to deny in herself… she felt the pain listening how she talked of nothing but goodness about her husband… talking about their love… probably the feeling of envy or maybe something else that she couldn’t understand in herself…

“I think she’s not that kind of a person… I know technically right now I’m Jiyong’s wife… but she still has the right to tell me those things for in the first place I don’t own him and especially his heart…”

CL looked at her in pity… creasing her forehead… is she really this kind…? She thought… and in the end she just sighed… nodding her head.

“But still… you better stay away from her…”

Dara chuckled at her friend’s last statement… thinking that it was just the effect of the alcohol she just agreed…

They stayed there for a couple of hours more just until her friend couldn’t take it anymore… she too had a couple of drinks… being a person with a low alcohol tolerance, she was a bit tipsy but good thing she still managed to contact Mr. Lee to fetch them.

Mr. Lee was a bit surprised seeing his miss in such condition… first time to see her in that state… they were all worried about her when she wasn’t in her campus when he fetch her earlier… she didn’t tell him where she would go…

After bringing her friend back to her house, soon they arrived at the mansion… the maids had the same reaction as the old man… and it added more to their worry that their young master’s now finally home… just an hour when Mr. Lee came to pick her up… Dara giggled as she felt being supported by the maids… it was sure so long since her last drink… the alcohol was no

Please log in to read the full chapter