Dance Lesson

My Pretend Girlfriend

CHANGMIN’S POV

“Changmin-ah, where are you going?” Yunho hyung asked as he saw me running out of the building.

“I’ve got a dance lesson!” I hurriedly replied as I opened the door of my car.

“Huh? Dance lesson? Since when do you need one?” Junsu hyung asked.

“Aish!” Jaejoong hyung lightly hit the back of Junsu hyung’s head. “Is your memory that terrible?”

“Why did you hit me?” Junsu hyung whined.

“Junsu-ah, (Your Name)-ssi promised to teach our maknae how to slow dance.” Yoochun said, unwrapping his lollipop.

I started my car and drove off before my hyungs would be the reason why I’m late. Thank god the café wasn’t too far and I got there in 10 minutes. I parked the car and entered the café. I looked around for (Your Name)-ssi and soon noticed her. She was going to and fro, serving the tables. I sat down and waited for her to notice me. However, instead of her, a boy came to serve me.

“Yes, sir?” He asked, ready to take my order.

“Excuse me, but could that girl serve me?” I asked, looking at (Your Name)-ssi.

“Hmm…” The young man looked at me from head to toe, giving me the chills. “Alright.”

He turned around and went near (Your Name)-ssi. He said something and she turned around. She smiled and waved as she noticed me and told something to that guy. He nodded and she came up to me.

“Ahnyeongseyo, Changmin-ssi.” She bowed.

“You haven’t forgotten your promise, have you?” I asked.

“Ani.” She shook her head.

“Then shall we go?”

“Hmm…” She turned around. “Wait a minute.”

She hurried back to the guy and quickly said something to him. He glanced at me and sighed, nodding. She smiled and pinched his cheeks, hurrying to another room. After a few moments she came back, wearing light blue jeans and a beige blouse. She waved at the guy and came towards me.

“Let’s go.” She smiled.

“Where to?” I asked as we were heading towards my car.

“To my school.” She said. “We have a dance hall there and it’s always open.”

I opened the door for her and she quickly slipped inside. We drove off to her school which was 15 minutes away from the café. The guard looked at us and let us through. I parked the car and looked at the school. It was a private school, judging by the building’s design.

“Come on!” She said as she took my hand.

She was gently pulling me inside a small building which was connected to the main huge one. She opened the door and we entered a small hall with three doors. She took me inside the one standing in the front and opened the door, revealing a huge dance hall. She let go of my hand and went inside the hall, heading towards the music centre.

“Why are you standing there?” She asked, noticing that I didn’t come inside. “Don’t you want to learn how to slow dance?”

I sighed and entered the hall. She came towards me and it was then that I noticed how graceful she was. Her every step was soft, reminding me of waltz. The music in the background was slow and sort of romantic.

“It’s ‘Once Upon A December’.” She said. “It’s just what we need.”

She stood close to me. Suddenly she took my right hand and gently put it on her waist. I gulped.

“Changmin-ssi, don’t be so nervous.” She laughed. “I’m not going to bite you or anything.”

I simply nodded and tried to relax. It’s just that I was never physically close to women, except Yeon Hee. So I wasn’t used to it. (Your Name)-ssi tried to make me feel comfortable and gently took my left hand, putting her right hand over it.

“Now, make a step forward with your right foot.” She said.

I did as she told me. I made a step forward while she made a step backward with her left foot. She began to teach me how to make square and other basics of waltz. Of course at the first she was the one leading me. But after a few more tries I began to lead her. I’ve also gotten used to not paying attention at my feet since she said it would be better if I started doing it today.

“You’re doing great!” She smiled. “Now let’s try it one more time with music and call it a day. What do you say?”

I nodded. She went to the player and put the song on. Then she hurried back and we began to slow dance. We were dancing softly as we looked at each other. I stared at her eyes which were filled with warmth and kindness. I was lost in them until she stopped dancing.

“That’s enough for today.” She said as she slowly backed away from me.

She went to the player and got her CD out.

“See you later, Changmin-ssi.” She waved.

I stood there, my eyes following her right till the end.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked it! Please don't be a silent reader!!!

 

Please comment and subscribeheart