Cooking? Cooking!

My Pretend Girlfriend

 “This is so boring!” You whined.

You were lying on your bed, staring at the ceiling. You’ve already done your homework and didn’t know what else to do.

“(Your Name)-ah!” You heard your mother shout.

“Coming!” You replied and lazily stood up.

You went down to the hall only to find your mother and father getting ready to leave with luggage.

“Bwoh? Where are you going?” You asked.

“We’re going to your uncle’s.” Your appa said. “Mianhe, but you’ll stay here this weekend.”

“Wae? Why can’t I go?” You pouted.

“Because none of your cousins is there so we thought that you might get bored.”

“As if staying alone in this house isn’t boring.” You mumbled.

“Ah, why not ask Jaejoong-ah to come?” Your mother asked.

“Ani, jagiya!” You father shook his head. “You know what will happen, right?”

“Right.” You mother sighed. “Anyways, we’ll be going.”

“Arasso! Have a nice trip!”

Your parents kissed you on forehead and left. You sighed, looking at the empty house.

“Since there’s nothing better to do, why don’t I cook?” You said to yourself.

You grabbed your coat and locked the main door. You walked towards the grocery store and took the cart. You began to buy stuff.

“Let’s see…Hmm…3 bars of dark chocolate…1 pack of butter…” You were mumbling.

“Oh, I forgot milk!”

You quickly ran towards the dairy section. You were looking around until you noticed the milk. You tried to take it but it was too high. You deeply sighed when suddenly someone grabbed it for you and gave it.

“What’s up, pretend girlfriend?” Changmin asked.

“Oh, Changmin oppa! Kamsahamnida!” You slightly bowed as you took the milk.

“What are you doing here?” He asked.

“Grocery shopping.” You smiled.

“Oh, so you’re going to cook something?” He asked.

“Ne. Would you like to cook with me?"

“Sure!” His eyes sparkled. “But I’m terrible at it.”

“It’s alright. I’ll help you.” You chuckled.

You two continued to buy the stuff you needed and drove to your house in Changmin’s car.

“Here we are!” You said as you unlocked the door.

“Wow!” Changmin was shocked.

You deeply sighed. Maybe since you were working in ‘Happy Express’, many people were thinking that you had money issue, which wasn’t true AT ALL. It’s just that Hyo and Shin asked you for help and you agreed. You were filling up for a worker who was pregnant and took a 3 year vacation to be with her child. Your house was large but looked smaller from the outside. The hall was huge and you guided Changmin towards the living room.

“Make yourself at home.” You said and went upstairs.

 

CHANGMIN’S POV

While I was waiting for (Your Name)-ah to get dressed, I looked around the living room. It was huge, but at the same time it was cozy. I was walking around when I saw a picture of two people on the wall, right above the fireplace. It was a portrait of a boy with a baby girl in his arms. The girl was undoubtedly (Your Name)-ah. I mean whose photo would be hanging on the wall? But the boy…Something about the boy was familiar…A little bit too familiar…

“Changmin oppa!” I heard (Your Name)-ah call me.

“Ne?” I turned around.

She stood near the sofa with a smile on her face. Her hair was tied up in a ponytail. She was wearing a plain white T-shirt and old jeans.

“Are you ready to cook?” She asked.

“Ne.” I smiled.

We went to a huge kitchen.

“So, what do you want to make?” She asked me.

“Umm…” I thought for a moment. “Maybe… Strawberry cake?”

“Hmm…Alright.”

She went near the table and began to take out the ingredients.

“Hmm…Oppa, break the eggs.” She said, taking out a small bowl.

“Ne.”

I broke them and began mixing, adding a little bit of salt. Then we poured the eggs into a large bowl with flour and milk. I began to mix them, adding sugar in the process. Then we added butter and yeast. I never thought that cooking could be this fun! Every time Yeon Hee was cooking, she’d kick me out of the kitchen. I slightly pouted.

“Oppa, why are you pouting?” (Your Name) softly punched me on the shoulder.

“Ani…No reason.” I smiled.

“Alright.”

She took out another large bowl and began to make cream, adding strawberry in the process. I stared at her in amazement. Her moves were so gentle yet so…professional. She looked very graceful doing it.

“Changmin oppa, will you try out the cream?” She asked, finishing whipping the cream.

“NE!” I smiled.

She dipped a tablespoon into the mixture and shoved the spoon into my mouth. I swallowed it. It was SUPER DELICIOUS!

“So, how is it?” She asked, biting the inside of her cheek.

“It’s great!” I said, trying to get another spoonful.

“Ani! Leave it for the cake!” She said, protecting the bowl.

While trying to get some more, I accidentally slipped and I dragged (Your Name)-ah with me! The worst part was that the fall was really weird, resulting me on top of her. I stared at her eyes in shock. It was then that I realized how beautiful her eyes were. So full of energy and wisdom. I was basically drowning in them.

“Umm…Oppa, can you get off of me?” She said, feeling embarrassed.

“M-m-mianhe.” I stammered, standing up and helping her to stand up.

Why am I stammering? And what’s with this sudden rise in the room temperature? Is it hot in here?

“Ah, oppa! The cake is ready!” (Your Name) said.

She took the cake out and cut it in half, letting it cool down. Then she took the cream and began to apply it on the cake, me helping her and at the same time eating the cream. Then we put it inside the refrigerator and waited for it to be ready.

“Tada!” She took out the cake while I was sitting in the living room.

“Yeay!” I smiled.

She cut the cake and gave a huge piece to me. She also brought tea. I was sipping and eating the most delicious cake I’ve ever tasted in my entire life! However, my mind was focused on that portrait. Who is this boy? And where have I seen him before? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I kept my promise and here you are: New chappie! Hope you enjoyed it.

 

Please comment and subscribeheart

 

PS Would anyone like to make a poster for this fanfic? wink