1...

Nerves...

"I'm gay" Wonshik said to his mirror, "I'm gay, and I wanted you to know." he took a deep breath. "I'm gay, and I can't hide it anymore." Wonshik closed his eyes and then opened them looking at himself in the mirror. "I'm gay, and I can't pretend I care about that girl I always pretend I have a crush on anymore, because it was really a guy." Wonshik shook his head, that wasn't the way to do it. Although he was tempted to text them all. guys i'm gay. and then send after it lol joking~ got you all. Although he knew that would also be stupid. He lived with his friends, it was their last year of college and most of them had girlfriends and were getting ready to move in with their girls and start their adult lives.

 

Wonshik walked into the kitchen. He saw Hakyeon sat on a counter while Taekwoon was cooking. Wonshik cleared his throat and the two looked at him. "I have something to tell you both." Wonshik said quietly. Hakyeon looked over at Wonshik and nodded expectantly before punching Taekwoon in the arm to make sure the other paid attention. "I'm gay." Wonshik breathed out. "I'm dating Jaehwan's older brother." Wonshik said quietly. "I've kept it secret for so long, and he is ready to tell his parents about me, so I knew it was time to come out." Wonshik rambled as Hakyeon just nodded. His eyes met Taekwoon's.

 

"You're dating his brother?" Taekwoon raised his eyebrow. "Wow Wonshik, did you ever think about Jaehwan or were you too busy doing what ever you do with his brother?"

 

"But.. Hakyeon is dating your sister, what's the difference?" Wonshik said trying not to stumble over his own words, but he knew he was going to cry if he kept this conversation going much longer. He just didn't know what he could do. He was pretty sure Taekwoon hated him now he'd told him the truth and if this was any sign of the other's reactions he'd rather not tell anyone.

 

"He's dating a girl" Taekwoon said. But it was the way he said it that Wonshik understood. Taekwoon's problem was the gender he was dating. Wonshik just nodded and Hakyeon was silent. Wonshik looked at him hoping for some protection. "Are you planning on telling Jaehwan?" Wonshik nodded and Taekwoon shook his head. "You know everyone gets confused sometimes."

 

"I've been dating him since I started college Taekwoon. I'm not confused." Wonshik sighed and then looked down. "I'm in love with him." Taekwoon turned back to the food, ignoring Wonshik. Wonshik decided it was best to leave. This conversation was going to go nowhere. He sighed and walked back to his room. He was scared. What if Jaehwan acted the same way as Taekwoon he would struggle, he knew he would break. There was a knock on the door and Hakyeon walked in.

 

"Wonshik." he said quietly, sitting down on the younger's bed and looked at him. "You have to tell Jaehwan, look if your boyfriend wants to tell his family, that would include Jaehwan... it's better if you tell him than he finds out from his parents." Wonshik nodded a little, Hakyeon was right but that didn't stop his fear. "Wonshik, look, Taekwoon is... well he's himself, and he's also just one person. He'll come round and he just can't understand."

 

Wonshik slept restlessly that night, having avoided Taekwoon since the conversation earlier that day. Wonshik decided to catch Sanghyuk and Hongbin alone (and then probe Hongbin as to how Jaehwan was likely to react). When he told them Sanghyuk just nodded and Hongbin laughed a little. "What is so funny? I'm serious. I'm gay and I'm dating Jaehwan's older brother."

 

"You're pretty obvious" Hongbin said smiling, "Plus I saw you kissing him at the Christmas party." Wonshik blushed a little, he was so sure they'd been sneaky about it.

 

"And then there is the way you look at him." Hyuk laughed, then moved to hug Wonshik. "If you don't tell Jaehwan soon, even he can work it out." It took Wonshik two days to work up the courage, he finally did, going into Jaehwan's room when the boy was alone and sitting down. "Jae... I have something to tell you." Wonshik said quietly. "I know you hate being the last to know but this time i had a reason." Jaehwan tried to smile but Wonshik could see he was hurt to be the last to know. "I was scared, your reaction is the most important." Wonshik took a deep breath. "I'm gay." Jaehwan just nodded. "I'm dating your brother and I have been for three years." Jaehwan looked down and then back at Wonshik who was starting to panic.

 

"That's it?" Jaehwan said quietly. "My brother told me when you started dating... I thought you knew. And I also had assumed you were gay... I mean my brother makes it sound like you two are so in love." Wonshik nodded. "Plus when Taekwoon started avoiding you like the plague, and referred to you as 'different' and then as a woman, I assumed you'd told him." Jaehwan got up and hugged Wonshik. "You're one of my best friends no matter what happens."