Wrecking The Great Wall of Oh Sehun

Candy Boy Next Door

♦ Chapter 2: Wrecking The Great Wall of Oh Sehun ♦

 

"So what's this about Luhan and his crush on some poor, unsuspecting sophomore kid?"

Luhan groaned in unmasked annoyance, glaring daggers at Baekhyun and Jongdae as they hastily hid their phones deep into the abyss also known as their pockets. Chanyeol and Minseok sat waiting, casually shoveling food into their mouths as they awaited for Luhan to try and (unsuccessfully) redeem himself. Minseok quickly gulped his food down, leaning closer with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes as Luhan occupied the seat in front of him.

"So hey, what's this about you and a crush? Someone finally melted your ego?" Minseok wriggled his eyebrows in an accusatory manner, and Luhan reached out to try and violently swipe at his face.

"Shut up, Baozi! I'm going to ing shave your eyebrows off, you worm."

"Woah, calm down, sister." Minseok just laughed, leaning back in his seat and grabbing his apple juice as he did so, contentedly sipping away at it as he looked at Luhan in amusement.

"Minnie-hyung, don't agitate the deer. He's in a very sensitive state right now." Baekhyun stage-whispered, and Luhan promptly stomped on his foot under the table, eliciting a satisfying cry of pain from the younger male.

Luhan scrunched up his nose in annoyance, looking away from his friends and glancing around the cafeteria, eyes grazing over the university crowd brought on by the lunch time rush. After Sehun's selective amnesia incident earlier that morning, Luhan had been busy devising plans in his mind on how to get the younger boy's attention. However, with Baekhyun and Jongdae's constant teasing remarks all throughout the day and until their lunch break and Sehun's smile constantly flashing in his mind, Luhan couldn't concentrate. The only thing he managed to think of were gummy bears, and how he was suddenly craving for said snack. Pushing his seat away from their table, he grumbled under his breath as he excused himself, making a beeline for the small candy stall in the corner of the cafeteria.

As soon as Luhan was within hearing range, the old lady manning the stall let out a loud squeal, holding out her hands and squeezing the air like a child would when he sees his favourite toy. Luhan gave her a half-hearted smile.

"Oh, hello, Luhan, dear! Such a pretty face you have, aigoo. May I touch your cheeks?"

"No, ahjumma, I'm here to buy some gummy bears, not to get my cheeks pinched."

The old lady slumped her shoulders in defeat, nodding at her merchandise and visibly looking disappointed at not having been able to touch the school prince's cheeks. Luhan rolled his eyes before promptly taking an empty plastic bag for his candies. He leaned down towards the candy racks, and was half-aware of the things happening around him as he concentrated on which gummy bear pieces looked the best.

"Oh, here comes my number one customer, my babyyy~! Are you here for more candies? I'll give you some free items if you want!" The old lady cooed happily, and Luhan looked up from picking out gummy bears to see who had the power of negating the woman's bad mood earlier.

Luhan dropped the tongs he was holding as he saw who it was.

"Thank you, ahjumma, but I'm just here to buy some lollipop and a few other sweets." Sehun smiled, and the old lady nodded her head in understanding.

Luhan's movements ceased abruptly as Sehun gave the old lady a smile capable of killing legions of old ladies, fangirls and ually frustrated confused teenage boys. Luhan might have absent-mindedly grouped himself within that legion. Sehun turned towards him slightly, and the boy's smile faltered a bit as he looked at Luhan.

Luhan suddenly straightened up, his posture rigid as he felt his heart hammering inside his chest. Did Sehun finally recognize him? Was his face finally ringing a bell in Sehun's sugar-hyped brain? Was Luhan's Luhan-ness finally working it's magic—

"Are you done with the tongs and gummy bears? I'm kind of in a hurry."

Luhan wanted to punch a hole in the wall behind the old lady, scream for bloody murder, strangle a hippo, and destroy Baekhyun's eyeliner collection. Sehun was a little bit too ing polite, and Luhan wasn't that stupid to not notice that no, Sehun did not recognize him, his pretty face wasn't ringing any bell in Sehun's sugar-hyped brain, and his Luhan-ness was definitely not working any of its magic. All of a sudden, Luhan's homicidal vibes and intentions went down the drain. He didn't feel like eating gummy bears anymore.

He slumped his shoulders in defeat, placing back the tongs in its original place and shuffling closer to Sehun. The younger boy just watched him as he held up his plastic bag of gummy bears, a forlorn look on Luhan's face.

"Here. I don't feel like eating gummy bears anymore..." Luhan mumbled, looking away and missing the look of surprise on Sehun's face.

He started to walk away, only to be gently pulled back and spun around. Luhan's eyes widened, his brain short-circuiting and shutting down as Sehun's godsend perfect face loomed into his vision. Definitely much too close for Luhan's comfort (he liked it, though). He felt warm fingers palming his cheek, and in the next few seconds, a scene that will forever remain engraved onto Luhan's mind happened. Sehun's other hand went closer toward Luhan's mouth, and in the succeeding moments, all Luhan could process were Sehun's fingers pressed gently against his lips, a heart stopping smile blossoming on the younger boy's face, and a cherry-flavoured headless gummy bear in his mouth.

"There, that should cheer you up, Cotton Candy." Sehun grinned brightly, and Luhan did the only logical thing left for a hungry and helpless junior guy in love—he fainted.

 

***

 

Luhan was pretty sure his heaven wouldn't have a damn megaphone with Baekhyun's annoying voice blaring across the whole world, screaming about how homoually pathetic Luhan was to faint after being fed a headless gummy bear by a scrawny sophomore kid with an unhealthy addiction to sugary sweets. Luhan groaned, still trying to regain his composure.

"Screw you, Baek..." Luhan groggily mumbled, cracking his eyes open and frowning as he realized that he was in the school clinic.

Baekhyun sat on a bed beside Luhan's, Chanyeol comfortably reclined like a giant panda behind his boyfriend. Luhan sat up, blinking at the couple and at his surroundings.

"What happened?" He asked, swinging his legs down the side of the bed and giving the nurse who passed by a tired smile.

"Your scrawny prince fed you a gummy bear and you fainted, princess." He could practically see Baekhyun rolling his eyes even without looking at him.

"Yeah, right, I did. Come on, Baek, I'm not that gullible. I did not do that. And he wouldn't." Luhan turned back to him, and Baekhyun laughed at him.

"What the would I gain from lying about this?" Baekhyun asked nonchalantly, and Luhan opened his mouth to respond.

The door suddenly opened with quite a grand flourish, and Luhan decided not to answer anymore. He could feel a headache coming on. This combination of his friends was never a good thing.

"For one thing, there's your sick sadistic tendencies." Jongdae piped up from the door, and Baekhyun squawked indignantly before settling down, lips pouted in deep thought.

"....good point, but seriously, though. No , Lu, you fainted. It was hilarious! The whole student body had rushed to your aid, but guess who carried you all the way here?" Baekhyun waved his hand dismissively, and Luhan looked at Jongdae.

"Uhm, Jongdae, maybe? Or Chanyeol...? Oh, oh! Minnie!"

Chanyeol, Jongdae and Baekhyun simultaneously made 'X' signs with their arms over their heads, and Baekhyun wagged his finger in a teasing manner afterwards.

"You were heavy, you know? My arms still feel like lead."

"You carried me?!" Luhan cringed at the image, but Baekhyun had a smug grin on his face that told Luhan it wasn't the end of the story. "...........am I missing something here or...?"

"Scrawny little sophomore kid wasn't so scrawny and little after all! Good for you! He had no problem carrying you all the way here. Such a gentleman, really."

Baekhyun faked a swooning motion, but Luhan's brain had jumped from normal mode to holy--what-the-hell-that-kid-will-be-the-death-of-me mode. He could feel his face burning redder by the second, and as if his friends jeers and remarks weren't enough, the door just had to open and reveal a smiling Oh Sehun. Oh my God.

"Well, look who's here!" Chanyeol almost jumped off the bed, striding over to Sehun and swinging an arm around his lithe frame.

"Oh, is Cotton Candy awake now? Is he okay? Never thought he'd be allergic to cherry gummies." Sehun noted, glancing at Luhan warily.

"Well, honey, Cotton Candy's fine, but I think he needs to rest some more, and we have classes soon." Baekhyun said, his voice extremely coated with fake concern.

"Wh-what? I'm fi-- oof!" Luhan was promptly silenced by a swift er punch in the gut by Baekhyun, who smiled as if nothing happened.

"So see? He's still in pain, and we're reluctant to leave him but we need to go to class, too..."

He's really laying it on thick, this , Luhan thought as he clutched his stomach in pain, silently muttering curses under his breath.

Sehun raised his hand slightly, and Luhan was asking all the gods he knew to please stop this oblivious perfect dunce from doing any more damage. "I don't have classe--

"Then it's settled! Stay right here until Lulu gets better, candy boy!"

Before Luhan could understand what was happening, he was alone with Sehun in the clinic. He didn't know how, but somehow, his demon friends had also managed to pull away the clinic staff. He squirmed uncomfortably on the bed, mainly because Sehun was staring at him unblinking, and partially because Baekhyun had a good punch.

"Your hair's really like cotton candy, you know. It looks so soft. And pink. It's...cute." Sehun commented, and Luhan hoped that him being 'sick' would be a good excuse for his beet red face.

"U-uh..."

"I'm sorry, by the way."

Luhan looked at him, and Sehun looked...nervous?

"I didn't know you were allergic to cherry gummies and I just forced one into your mouth and...aaah, I'm sorry."

Sehun really did look absolutely apologetic, what with him even frowning a little and looking away, his hand nervously ruffling his own hair. Luhan took a mental picture of him before mustering up enough courage to speak like the civilized human being that he originally was. "I-It's okay! I mean, I'm not...allergic..."

Sehun frowned. "Then why'd you faint?"

"Th-th-th-th-the heat! P-probably the heat, yeah...ehehe..." Luhan was not going to admit that he fainted because Sehun was so ing gorgeous. Nope.

"...but it's spring...?" Sehun glanced at the cherry blossoms outside the window as if to emphasize his point.

"....pollen allergy, then?" Luhan shrugged his shoulders, laughing nervously.

Sehun studied him for a few seconds, then he smiled. Luhan stared at him, and for the nth time that day, he wondered what he'd ever done in all of his past lives to deserve seeing such a beautiful image and person.

"You're weird. I mean, I can't quite explain it, but you remind me of jelly beans."

".......excuse me?" Luhan wanted to ask how he was being weird when Sehun was the one comparing people to jelly beans.

"Just rest for now. I don't know why your friend punched you in the gut but it seemed that he packed quite a strong one." He laughed good-naturedly, and Luhan felt like he was hearing bells. God, this infatuation and love thing was making him weird...er.

Luhan nodded dumbly, and Sehun smiled at him one more time before he hopped onto the other bed that Baekhyun and Chanyeol had previously been on. He fluffed up the pillow and carefully laid down, glancing one last time at Luhan before closing his own eyes, his breathing quickly becoming regular as he fell asleep. Luhan just watched him and after a full minute of not doing anything and just observing how the sunlight from outside the window made Sehun's blond locks shine brighter, and how his lashes casted faint shadows on his cheeks, Luhan mumbled to himself incoherently, turning around on his own bed and burying himself in the sheets, beet red face squished against his hands.

"What the hell is up with this day..."

 


 

A/N: Hiiiiii. Took me forever to update this one but yeah, school got in the way plus some other things. I'll also try to update my other fics starting this month. I mean, it's about time I did =)) hopefully, my classes won't be pricks too much that they'll suddenly announce quizzes or projects or something....hopefully -_-;

Aaaaanyways! I don't know if you were aware but, somebody notified me of someone plagiarizing this fic on Wattpad. I found out about it yesterday. It's all okay now, though! The site admins took it down this morning, and a lot of you also sent in reports so I guess that helped in the quick response. Thank you very much! I really treat my fics dearly (even though I don't update regularly), and seeing someone steal them was very upsetting, not to mention infuriating. But all's well now, and I'm happy it's all settled. Thank you, again, to ChronosEyes-nim, for going out of her way to tell me all about this. And to everyone who helped with this issue (those who reported, tried to report, left messages to the 'author'), thank you! ♥

P.S. I don't know where I'm going with this but I've been reading too many shoujo/BL mangas lately so I guess it's safe to say that this'll proceed like those. Still, I'll try to add in my own twists. =))

P.P.S. To whoever you are who tried to plagiarize this, you're most likely subbed to this fic. I know your username on wattpad, but I don't know who you are here on AFF. It's amazing, really, because I think you put in quite the effort to copy and retype what I wrote since I disabled text selection on all my fics. Amazing, really. However, let me tell you this: if you ever try to pull another stupid stunt like that again, ing TRUST ME when I say that I won't be so nice anymore. Plagiarism is ing  S T U P I D. Go think of your own plots. Don't steal what others have worked so ing hard on. It doesn't take you on the same level as them.