Chapter 4

I Love You, Ji-Yong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4: “Nice To Meet You, Sandara.”

 

It’s two o’clock in the afternoon now. I’ve no work today and have been rotting at home since breakfast. Ji-Yong have gone to work and he informed the servant he’ll be back home for dinner and that there’ll be a guest coming over. I wonder who is it? Mother? Father? Forget it, no matter who is it, nothing will still changed.

I’ve been pacing in my room, doing random exercise with my hands and hips, trying to find something to do. Min-Jin, the only old servant in our house has prevented me from doing the chores and now I’m seriously going to turn rusty.

Maybe I could walk around the town? I thought to myself. Since Ji-Yong’s birthday is in a month time, I could probably find something for him.

I got myself cleaned and dressed and I headed towards the town. Time checked: 02:25pm. Ji-Yong will be back home with the guest around 7pm and I sure do have a lot of time to wander around.

 

“Perfect.” I mumbled to myself looking at the gift in front of me that I’m planning to get for Ji-Yong for his birthday.

 

It’s 06:45pm right now. I’ve been walking around the town, watching movie, having lunch and buying extra groceries. Dinner is all set on the table; all I need to do is to just wait for him to come home.

 

*CLICK*

 

I smiled to myself, clenching both my hands together, waiting anxiously to see him and his guest. My smile immediately faded after seeing a woman in a bright red dress that stopped at her mid thigh and black glossy high stiletto. She is beautiful. Her hair was light brown and wavy and it was a good choice putting her hair to the side. Her red lipstick was bringing out her fair skin and I was nothing compared to her.

“You’re home. I’ve set the dinner just in time.” I said, giving him a faint smile.

I turned to the woman in front of me and gave her a wide smile. “Hi, I’m Sandara Park.”

“Hi, I’m Hye Eung, Ji-Yong’s girlfriend. I bet you must have heard about us, and you don’t mind do you?” she said, giving me her angelic smile.

I shook my head. Of course I do mind, it’s my husband you’re talking about. Of course I didn’t voice out, I don’t have the rights too and Ji-Yong definitely wouldn’t like it.

Her smile grew wider.

“Nice to meet you, Sandara.”

 

I responded her with just a smile.

There was a silent pause.

 

“Erm, enjoy your dinner! I need to head somewhere.” I broke the silent, giving both of them a smile before heading up to my room.

 

I closed my door immediately, my back leaning against the door. I shut my eyes, preventing those useless tears from falling. , Dara. I thought to myself. What have you landed yourself into?

As I walked down the stairs, all I could see was Ji-Yong smiling and laughing and all I could hear was his laughter and smoothing voice. It was very different and I swear I’ve never seen this sight of him before. Even though those smiles weren’t for me, at least he’s happy now.

I was just like an invisible person, as I walked to the door, none of them glanced at me. I probably had made a fuss about it if I weren’t used to it. Mother usually does this to me back then, no in fact, it was every day.

I strolled down the street, walked around the park. Time checked: 09:20pm. It has been nearly two hours. I still couldn’t go home. Two hours for the couple to bond, it’s definitely not enough.

“!” I cursed under my breath. It was drizzling and then out of a sudden, the rain got bigger and it’s pouring heavily now.

Luckily there’s a shelter near the park. I ran towards there, wiped those raindrops away from my arm and pushed all my hair back. Great, I thought to myself.

I sat down on the bench and waited and waited for the rain to stop.

 

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Come back home now. Dad and Mom is here.”

“What? How about…”

“You’ve five minutes.”

 

, what am I gonna do? I thought to myself.

I sighed deeply before running under the rain, reaching home within four minutes.

 

“What happened to you?” Mother gasped, standing up from the couch after seeing me at the door, soaking wet.

“Mr. Kwon. Mrs. Kwon.” I greeted, bowing 90 degrees.

“Get her a towel.” Father ordered the Min-Jin.

 

“You should have called before coming, Mom.” Ji-Yong said, raking his hair as he rests his elbows on his lap.

“Why? Can’t I come and visit my son and daughter-in-law?”

I sat there, listening to every of their conversations, fiddling with my fingers that rested on my lap.

“So… Sandara…” I immediately snapped my head up, giving Mrs. Kwon my full attention.

“Neh?” I raised my eyebrows up.

“How is it living as Mrs. Kwon?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter