THE HEART OF BLOOD THAT TIES TOGETHER

BLOOD UNDER THE BLOSSOM TREE

It took several days and the vampire never barge inside saeng’s room, maybe because of the strict security of hunters in the mansion. It has been 3 days since his parents and kyu reported the incident about his case. Kyu often give him a medicine to calm down and sleep. Kyu is bothered every time he sees his lover bleeding and eating his own blood. He wants to offer his but saeng never accept it.

It’s already 9 in the evening when saeng stir up from his bed. The whole room is dark and the moon is looking bright on his window. He’s admiring it, he never notice how beautiful the moon is at night before, but this time, the moon is silent and peaceful looking.

He got up from his bed, he somehow feels good, he went to the bathroom after switching the lights on. He stare at his self on the mirror, looking so pale and eyes were swollen, maybe because he didn‘t able to taste blood and eat for days. He assessed his neck and chest for possible marks but he can’t find even a single mark. He sighed. He closed his eyes for a minute.

As he opened his eyes he saw this figure behind him. His eyes grew wide and able to face him.

“I missed you..hyun uttered and smiled.

“what are you doing here? How could you~~~~~ saeng talked, trembling and afraid once again.

“I want to see you,,, you’re not looking good, you’ll die if you will not drink blood…kyu offers you his, but you rejected…hyun uttered softly…

“how’d you know? How~~~ saeng felt more scared..he wants to scream for help but his voice cant come out.

The vampire gets closer and hold him on both shoulder, I love you, he said again, let me hug you,,,hyun asked.

Saeng didn’t move until the vampire collapsed in his shoulder. He soften, the eyes are sad, the eyes are pleading, his aura is somehow weak. He lift his hands and tried to push him but they fell on the floor because he himself is weak to move.

“why~~~ why are you bleeding?  Saeng asked when he felt a wet clothes at the back of the vampire and when he sw his palm it was full of red stains..

“what do you think what happen so I can go to you and able to see you? Hyun laughed lightly.

“why are you doing this? You risk yourself just to see me? Do you know that I can call them and give you to them? Saeng spoke softly and bit his lip..

“I know, but you will vanish if you will not drink any blood,..hyun said with his husky tone and coughed..

“you will die here if they found you..saeng replied..

“if I die, you can drink all my blood and I can give you my life so you can live.. Now is your chance.. Vampires has eternal life unless their life will risk for someone they love.. hyun explains..

“what? You are giving your life to me? Why~~ saeng questioned..

“because I love you, I told you, I love you,,,, hyun whispered.

“saeng are you okay? A voice coming from outside was heard. He look down to the vampire but he received a smile from him.

“I’m fine, don’t worry!!! Saeng shouted and soon it became quiet again..

Saeng felt confused, he felt something strange, something that he wants to confirm. He bit his palm and took some blood, he lean down to the vampire and inch his face to him, and soon open the mouth with his and transfer the blood in his mouth. But seems it’s not enough to give him strength. He opens his shirt on his chest and sat the vampire in front of him.

“take my blood,,,the hunter offers himself, he doesn’t know what he’s doing but he felt like he needs to do it. He closed the gap between them and in few moments hyun buried his fangs to the hunter’s chest and hungrily drunk the blood.

Hyun lift his head and met the hunter’s eyes.. Saeng is staring weakly to the vampire and for some reason, he lift his hand and cup them to the vampire’s face. He the vampire’s lips and bit him until it bleeds.

The room suddenly froze and ice sealed every corner. Saeng mused while looking around the bathroom. It’s getting cold inside and they can’t hear anything coming from outside. This will prevent to leak the smell of blood outside coming from them.

Hyun lay him on the cold floor and towered him. He kissed him softly after both filled their thirst. Saeng somehow didn’t feel any danger or didn’t felt scared anymore. He response and he was given a pleasure, he forgets that he’s human and he was making out with the vampire.

Saeng moans. Every bite is a pleasure, every leaves a reaction to his veins. Hyun sat him on his lap and caressed his back with his nails.

“take my blood saeng, drink it..give me some pleasure too… hyun whispered to him.

The hunter didn’t refuse, he put his fangs to the vampire’s neck as soft as kissing him on the lips.

“that’s good,,,drink more…hyun muttered and moan.

They clean each other, wiping the excess blood on their lips and kiss each other once again..

“why do I feel this way? You’re a vampire and I am a human… why do you love a human?,,saeng questioned, still in each other’s embrace..

“vampires can love anyone, a fellow vampire or to a human like you, there are some vampires who married humans, but it’s prohibited so they turn them into vampire…that’s the rule. There are different types of vampires, non-pure blood vampires, those who were mixed with human bloods, full-blooded, like me, pure blooded vampire, both my parents comes from the pure blood families, and we are the noblest one, we rule the world of vampires, they respect us and they are scared of us, and we are the only vampires who can turn human into vamire like us…hyun explains while caressing the chest to heal.

“what will happen to me now? Saeng asked and look at the vampire’s eyes.

“go with me. You are not safe with humans already.. They will kill you, they will haunt you, they treat vampires as enemies, but we are not, not us, not the one like us, those who kill humans are those who’s gone crazy over blood, those who can’t control their thirst., not us, we know how to control ourselves, we don’t kill humans.,,come with me,,, hyun told and cup the hunter’s face.

“I can’t..I can’t leave kyu…he will help me~~ he will….saeng paused when he notice the other looked away.

“you are not like them anymore, you don’t belong to them, you are different now…even if you are still human, in few days you will become one of us…hyun said and stood up, wearing his clothes.

“help me..I want to go back to my life as human,,,please,,,I beg you,,,saeng cried..

The ice protecting the room melts, kyu and jun came in. Hyun stepped aback when he saw the anti vampire gun pointing to him. Kyu took of his jacket and put it on to the body of saeng. Kyu pointed his gun to the vampire but saeng blocked him.

“saeng what are you doing?… kyu asked in surprise..

“no….saeng shook his head and let the vampire escaped…

“what the hell did you do? You let him escaped! Kyu shouted..

Saeng fell on his bed, I don’t know, he cried and hold his head in frustration. He doesn’t know why he let him escaped, and he let the chance to get the life of the vampire to save his own. He let this all go. He freak out, scratch his own skin with his sharp nails, eyes become red and his fangs revealed. Jun has taken aback for what he see while kyu tries to calm him. Until saeng finally been calmed by himself and fainted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyun disappeared, saeng didn’t felt something strange, he didn’t felt the thirst, he didn’t feel any presence of the vampire. He feel fine aside from the once in a abnormal beating of his heart and reddening of eyes, but blood was never a thirst for him. He remembers the last talk he had from him a month ago.

“I’ll let you go for now. But remember this, you will never escaped from your fate, Don’t let your thirst for blood manipulate you. You are still human, you have to act like one. Try to control yourself for the moment….hyun told him..

“where are you going? Why are you leaving? Now you are abandoning me because you already get what you want from me? Saeng response,  upset for what hyun is telling him..

“away from here, hunters found some of us, they are in danger, I will take them to a safe place…hyun said..

“don’t go…they will kill you too if they found you… saeng says with pleading eyes.

“no, they can’t, you always save me. They won’t kill me because we are connected.. They know that you need me.. Why don’t you go with me? Hyun cup the hunter’s face.

“I can’t..I’m sorry…saeng pulled out and lowered his head..

Hyun lean closer to him sniff the scent of the hunter on the neck. Saeng didn’t move, he tilted his head as if he’s allowing the vampire to bite him. Hyun planted his fangs without hesitation and drink more of his blood. He pulled out and kissed him on the lips. He opens his chest and offered it to the hunter, saeng didn’t hesitated too, they were doing this since that day, they were sharing each others blood to fill their thirst. Saeng drunk it and both ended up kissing each other after. And hyun left.


From that day, seng didn’t heard anything from him. He often open his window and waited for the vampire to come, same time in everyday, but no vampire has come. He wonder what happen, he wonder if he dies already, he endured the suffering of being thirsty as what the vampire had told him. He misses him, he thought he loves him now. 

Not forgetting, how kyu protects him everyday, how his lover calmed him always. He felt sorry for kyu, he felt guilty at how he betrayed the organization as the hunter. He kept the vampire behind him, he kept him to live still even though there are so many chances to surrender him to his parents or to their organization. He was entitled to kill and haunt vampires but what he was doing right now is protecting the ones that he supposedly kills.

He’s now a vampire, he felt like one, though hyun always told him he is still human, he always feel the reverse, that he is not human and he belongs to the vampire world.

All he needs to do now is to accept his fate, to accept that he is not belong to human race, that he is one of them. A vampire,  human that turns into vampire.

“kyu, I’m sorry, I think we should stop seeing each other, I don’t want to hurt you, I didn’t expect it. I’m sorry…saeng announced, hesitated at first but he wants to confess.

“saeng, you don’t have to force yourself,,, kyu uttered..

“no, I think I love him, I’m sorry for betraying you., saeng confessed..

“you are just confused, you just need him that’s why you’re saying that.. Kyu didn’t lose confidence..he’s trying to convince the other about the feeling of confusion..

“no..I thought of it many times. He’s good to me. Kyu,,they are not bad, they don’t deserve to be killed. They live on their own, they are not, those beyond their level as vampire, those are the one needed to be killed, not all of them, we are wrong, we just haunt and killed but we never distinguish who deserves to live and who deserves to be killed.…saeng stated..

“saeng..vampires are vampires, they are all the same…kyu raise his voice..

“no!! believe me,,they are not, not all of them. If hyun is bad and kills people then why I am still alive, then why there are no killing reports in the university? Those who were killed are done by those bad ones, those who were gone crazy…those who can’t control their selves.. I will be one of those crazy if not with the help of him. He taught me everything about vampires. Kyu help me, explain to them. I need to find him…saeng knelt in front of him.

“If he is not bad then why he turns you into vampire?!! Saeng, come to your senses…you’re suffering because he made you like them….kyu bent down and gripped tightly to the man’s arm..

“kyu you’re hurting me~~ saeng groan..

“I’m sorry…kyu let him go and left him. He punch the door after closing it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyun was watching from afar, having a connection to the human, he didn’t have the hard time to see the situation of the hunter. Everyday he monitor him but he can’t go to him, now that they are in danger, and they were hiding to be safe.

“What’s your plan now?,, min came and interrupted his master…

Hyun just smiled and pat him on the shoulder and left him. Ever since saeng appeared, hyun never take his blood to satisfy his hunger anymore. But he accept it already because he knows that his master is falling in love with that human ever since back then in Japan, 5 years ago. He witnessed how he embraced the human and how he turned him into vampire, being jealous is not a word to be act in front of their master, because they are just beyond the level of the noblest family and they are entitled to serve the higher ones.

“son..mom came with father.. He smiled to them..

“are you thinking about the hunter? Father asked him..

“how~~how did you know about him?,,,hyun was surprised, he never tells his parents about him..

“son,, you came from us, the blood that flows into your body were flowing in us too. We know, and we can read your mind…mom spoke.

“it’s against the rule of vampires to get married with human unless he is willing to be one of us. You have the freedom to choose, but remember, he is a hunter, it’s dangerous to our clan. Hunters are the greatest enemies of vampires…father explains..

“I know but I love him…though I’m not sure if he loves me or if he can love me, one thing I am sure, he wants me to live, he kept me and he never surrender me to his parents, I know time will come he will accept me…hyun assumed, not knowing the truth about the hunter’s feelings for him.

“you can go son, whatever decision you make,,but be careful not to be caught, make sure to come back safe…mom advised..

“what do you mean? he asked puzzled..

The parents smiled to him and both gave their son a hug. He smiled for realizing what does that mean.

The next morning he flew back to korea. It was midnight when he landed in the country. With his excitement, he immediately went to the hunter’s place. It’s just so strange that the mansion is too quiet.

Saeng was in pain that time, striking again the veins that panic. Since it was already pass a month of endurance, pain strikes even more. He was about to bite his palm when his window swung open with the cold wind and  figure landed on his room floor.

“hy~~~hyun? Saeng stuttered…

“you’re expecting me? Hyun smiled to him..

“what…are..you doing here? Saeng asked and run to the window and check down to the securities..

“don’t worry they didn’t notice me.. Hyun assured him…

“hyun, you can’t be here…please go…saeng suddenly get worried..

“I know you are controlling yourself too much, I’m here to end your sufferings. I cant stand it anymore. Hyun hugged him..

“hyun,,go please,,go now before they will know…saeng begged..

“no one’s outside…hyun said…

“this is a trap. They make me the bait for you to be trapped..because they know that you will come one day… they will come soon… saeng revealed…

“what? Hyun widened his eyes but before he jumped to the window. Hunters opens the door….

“saeng come here…kyu commanded..

“no…he murmured while shaking his head..

“saeng!! Come over here!! Kyu shouted…

“I’m sorry kyu,,I’m sorry father, mom,,,I’m sorry..but I can’t live without him…saeng cried and apologize..

“get him!! One of the elder commanded..

Saeng look at his parents and to kyu with weary eyes and look at the vampire beside him. Before everyone moves to their position to capture the caught vampire, he pushed the vampire and both jumped to the window. 

It was just seconds but they both disappeared and hunters can’t found their bodies.

“how did you do that? Hyun is actually shocked, saeng was surprised too.

It was just seconds, seconds and they able to disappear. They both run and escaped. They hid at the school, the abandoned building where he received his second bite.

They went in and saengie was mesmerized to the tree that grew inside the building.

“this is where I live, the place where I build our first memory, remember the blossom tree. I always spend a lot of time here especially the month of blooming, it’s a sad thing that you can’t see it now….hyun led him under the tree..

“I always dream about it, I don’t understand at first, but when I met you again, I knew it, that time, the petals pour even more, it’s like a snow..saeng chuckled, I admit,, I fell to your charm but I had to kill you that time, unlucky me, you caught me in the end..he added..

“I knew it at the very first time I heard you, I wanted you to be mine…hyun joined the other in laughing… I thought I could play with you but when I realize it, that I’ve fallen for you…

“what do we do now? Saeng hug his knees..

“you’re too weak to move always and run always… hyun said and pat him on the forehead..

“I did what you told me. I didn’t drink blood, I controlled myself…saeng cup the vampires face while smiling a small..I’m afraid that I will lose my right mind and become the bad one.

“you need to drink now…hyun offered his neck again..

Saeng didn’t refuse, he took a deep bite that makes hyun frowned. He understood how thirsty he was while he’s not around him. He pulled when he’s done. Hyun cuddled him and lay him on the floor.

“I love you,,saeng whispered under his breath…

Hyun stopped, saeng pointed his chest until it cut and flows the blood. I’m yours,,he added..

“I love you too…. Hyun replied and made a gentle bite to where saeng made a cut…

Saeng moan as he felt it pleasurable. He knows that he disappoints his parents and his fellow hunters, but that is not the matter for him now, he fell to the trap of the vampire and fell in love with him, sharing bloods makes their bond become more strong. And they were connected now.

The next morning, they woke up embracing each other, but the moment they opened their eyes. They were surrounded by people, the hunters. They both stir and got up, they step backward and try to escaped but it’s hopeless, the entrance is blocked.

Kyu pointed his gun and jun grab saeng. Kyu pulled the trigger but saeng run to the vampire and he was the one who got shot.

“saeng~~hyun mumbled..

“hyun~~ I love you….saeng mouthed..

“you can’t die…hyun gritted his teeth.. He froze everyone in the feet and hands and no one moved.

Saeng fall on the ground, he bite his wrist and took some blood and he transferred it to the hunter. Hold on, he said and cried. Saeng smiled and made a hole to his neck again. Hyun put his fangs to him and he screams when saeng fainted out.

The cherry blossom tree blooms, it was out of the season but it blooms all of a sudden. Everyone was amazed by it, it’s too beautiful, the place is too bright, hyun lift his hand and the petals scattered on the air, the chance, the vampire disappeared and saeng is no where to find. It became dark again and the ice that froze the place melts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A month later, kyu still searching to where saeng is, they still haunt where hyun and the other vampire are. They never heard anything from them ever since, there is no grave to send grievances to saeng since his body is nowhere to find. Kyu talked to the council, all the words that saeng explains about vampires, and what kind of vampire they need to eliminate.

Somehow, it was a help and the organization conducted a project and made a research about the different types of vampires, their point of view about vampires had changed and they were being aware on who will be eliminated and whose not.

But still a fellow hunter who transform into vampire never seen again, but his words remains to the heart of the organization. And kyu didn’t stop in searching the whereabouts of hyun.

No one knows where they are as they both just disappeared into the world where they both can live.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

THE END

@copyright 2014

march 06, 2014

areuYS501kyuie