THE BLOOD THAT CONNECTS

BLOOD UNDER THE BLOSSOM TREE

In the farthest place of Okinawa, japan, away from human’s knowledge about vampires, a group of fangs had been living for a decade after the ancestors had been banished by hunters back in England and had to transfer in this innocent place. Few full-blooded fangs had been saved and able to escape by the cruelest hunters that are craving in terminating every fang they see.

As a son of the powerful full-blooded clan, a boy is entitled to be the superior in the future, as his parents being the only noblest clan that had able to survive, and they have to rule other vampires. They also able to get along with humans and forgets about drinking fresh bloods from human, despite the fact that they are the human’s enemy in the history. They able to hide their identity and become safe while mixing with humans.

Not until, without knowing, they were watched and followed every single day and they didn’t able to prepare for the coming of the next elimination.

It was the season of cherry blossoms, the scent of the night, the beautiful picture of the moon lighting towards the tree makes him feel warm and calm. The only cherry blossom tree that grew in the woods.

Hyun, his name, a cold pure blooded vampire and the next successor of their generation, is watching over the beautiful blooming of the tree. He felt his veins bubbling, the smell of blood all over the woods soothes in his smell, the presence of grievances and hatreds that lingers inside his soul. The falling of cherry blossom’s petals multiplied like a snow. 

“my son, escape, run…a whisper came to his ear..

“mama,,papa,,,,what happen? A telepathic communication had made. Connecting to his parents through mind.

“we’re now safe, hunters found us, few were dead, but we escaped…you have to run…his father whispered to him..

“vampire? A soft voice interrupted and lost his mind-communication with his parents. 

He looked up and saw this beautiful face in front of him, calm and softer than anyone, like a slow motion that their eyes blink at the same time, but the fierce eyes staring at his has something that makes him step aback after a while. It was a strong aura despite the softness on the face.

“I’m here to eliminate you, vampire? The boy standing at the branch of the cherry blossom that cause the ground filled with the small petals coming from the tree said.

“if you wish, and if you will do…hyun sarcastically replied. Both locked their eyes. It took  while before they both realize what is happening.

The boy jumped down and tried to use his gun to shoot him but the petals scattered in the air as soon as this vampire lift his hands.

“try to be quick next time,,hyun strangled the boy with his right hand and whispered.

The boy didn’t talked and was alarmed as he didn’t notice how quick the other with his action and he was able to get caught. In reverse, he was the one who got trapped.

“I can smell your sweet blood, it makes me feel thirsty..the vampire whispered, he put his left hand to the hunter’s waist ad tripped him and both fell to the bed of cherry blossom‘s petals.

Hyun smirked and the hunter’s neck. The hunter tried to struggled but he was caught on both hands and he can’t move his body. He felt froze and his veins had stopped functioning, he felt paralyzed as the vampire’s eyes got reddened and the fangs showed in front of him.

The hunter’s eyes grew wide as soon as he felt the fang digging down his pinkish white skin. Hyun drink this sweet blood to the fullest and almost forgot about escaping. He removed his fangs and wiped his lips after he the excess blood running to the hunter’s neck. He stare at him and suddenly felt calm, eyes still red. He pulled up and lift the hunter’s head with his arms. Caressing the beautiful face and running his fingers to the lips.

“how could a man be so pretty like you…hyun mumbled while caressing softly the two mark of his fangs on the neck.

The human opens his eyes half. Feeling dizzy and blur. This vampire smiled to him. But him, being so weak can’t move and response or he can’t even protect his self.

“you are so lucky, but you will be mine from now on. you’ll look for me in the future. You are mine, remember it, you are mine, my blood will flow onto your body.

Hyun entered his fangs once again to the hunter’s chest and sip again. He pulled out and look at the hunter’s frozen gaze towards him. He cut his palm and let his blood drip and drop to the hunter’s open mouth.

“I will find you…you will look for me again. By that time you will never refuse to me. The vampire said and kissed the hunter on the lips and make his blood pushed inside the hunter’s throat to be swallowed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 3 days..

The hunter, saeng, a 17 year old, the son of one of the great hunters, specifically vampire‘s hunter, successor as head of the hunter’s organization, he hated hunting game but he has no choice but to accept his fate. He was already trained since his younger days. Now he still continue to become a hunter while he was studying in high school. He loves reading vampire stories and searching more about them for his knowledge but he never dreamt to be one of the hunter.

He woke up laying on his own bed, at his age, his parents make him joined in hunting with his two best friends who were the same age as him, with all his comrades surrounding him with worried looks.

“what happen? He asked and sat up..

“yahhh!!! You made us all worry about you!!! Kyu, his best friend and one of the hunter shouted…

“I’m sorry,, but what happen to them? Did you finished them all? He asked again.

“apparently, no.. some had escaped, including the head of them…an elder spoke..

“but what happen to you? We saw you on the ground, unconscious, we thought that a vampire came and attacked you…jun, another friend of him talked.

“attack me?,, saeng paused and cup his neck,,,I don’t remember, all I remember is.he paused and continue after thinking.. I saw a man and when I was about to attack him, the petals scattered on air and…… he stopped again..

“maybe he escaped…kyu continued..

“ahm yeah maybe,,, and I don’t remember what happen next, maybe due to that I fainted… saeng assumed..

“good thing he didn’t attack you, and didn’t bite you. If that is the case. You will be turn into vampire if the one who attack you is a pure blood vampire…an elder talked and explains again..

“turn to vampire? Saeng furrowed his brows.

“yes… I read somewhere that if a noble vampire who is a pure blood vampire bites you, you will able to transform into vampire and if you will not able to endure your desire to drink blood you will become a wild vampire. Those who have gone crazy over blood. Kyu said..

“but there is an exception, if you had drink a pure blood of a noble vampire, there is the chance that you will not be one of the wild ones. You will able to control yourself for years but after that, you will be thirsty for that blood again.. Jun continued.

“what’s with that serious talk..I haven’t bitten by a vampire…and besides. I’m fine and look, did you saw any mark of fangs on me? Saeng hissed but somehow he felt uneasy thinking as to what happen that night.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Five years later, present time, in Korea, where saeng and his parents along with others originally lives. Coming back home after they failed to locate the rest of the vampires living in Japan.

“finally, we’re back..saeng stretch out his limbs and yawn. He entered the car that had stopped in front of them, as well as the other two friends.

Saeng curved his lips as soon as he read a message from his inbox.. I’ll be there tonight, the screen says it all, the cause of his happiness as soon as the car moves. But behind his bright smiles, there is no day that he can’t tried to connect the puzzle in his mind, the scene of his dream and the whisper he was hearing every time the cherry blossoms bloom in the midst of the cold weather in January.

“you will be mine from now on. you’ll look for me in the future. You are mine, remember it, you are mine, my blood will flow to your body. I will find you, you will look for me..

“young master, we arrived home.. A voice coming in front of him calls.

“huh?,,he gasped and snap out from his daydreaming.

“we’re home, your parents are waiting at the door already.,,the driver said..

“eoo..yeah,,thank you…he chuckled and pat his forehead..

He exited the car and approach his parents who are waiting at the front entrance of their mansion.

“it has been 5 years,, you look great and become a man already..mom said and kissed him on the cheek..

“how school in there? Father added..

“it’s fine,,where’s everyone? Why is it so silent? Saeng asked peeking inside..

“ahh they are preparing for a feast for tonight,, all hunters including the council will come tonight to welcome everyone for coming home..mom answered

“really?.everyone knows already? Saeng smiled and crumpled his brows.

“yep.. Kyu and jun didn’t told you? Father asked..

“they know? That idiot kyu,,,okay,,I’ll get some rest first…he said and run to his room after giving a bow to his parents.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The night has come and the house started to be noisy. Kyu came to his room.

“hey!!! I thought you’re coming here for me,,tskkk so it’s for this gathering…..saeng rolled his eyes

“of course I came because of you..if not for you then I won’t be here, and besides. I missed it..5 years and we haven’t done anything…kyu cuff the man’s waist.

“how long do we need to hide this relationship…why don’t we just run away to escaped with this fate of us and let’s build our own fate…saeng sighed..

“we can’t, they will hunt us, we are the next successor, if we could get that position, we don’t need to hide. Kyu ruffled his hair and planted a soft kiss to him on the lips..

He response but as soon as he felt a in his neck, he froze and his heart pound too hard, and his veins are working too fast, his blood eating him. He pulled out and hold his chest while holding his breath. He felt this pain for over a year already and it got worst lately, he sometimes break down due to unnecessary and strange feeling inside him.

“what happen? kyu got panic..

“saeng~~saeng~~~~saeng!!! Kyu calls repeatedly..

Saeng calmed down when he look up to the man in front of him,,k~~~kyu.. He uttered after, stuttering.

“what happen to you?,,kyu asked again..

“nothing,,I just have breathing disorder lately…saeng stood up and said.

“have you gone to the clinic? Kyu continue to ask..

“no..I’m fine,,just that I don’t know,,I even see things in mind lately that cause me to lose my breathing…saeng explains and bit his lower lip..

“are you sure you alright?

“yep..let’s go..saeng exited the room and kyu follows behind.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saeng enrolled into the university and started his college days with his friends. It is an assignment and order to find vampires, as for the list of their targets, it was found that the vampires who they chased in Japan had scattered in different countries and Korea is not an exception.

“yo!!! Kyu jumped behind him, jun shook his head

“yahhh let go..he wiggled and able to free himself from kyu. Jun sighed.

Saeng felt something inside him, his blood panic and felt his veins manipulating the flow of his blood again. And his brain starts to show things that he can’t figured out, cherry blossoms, those were the clearest thing in his mind.

“are you alright? Jun asked.

“I smell blood, maybe the heads are right..there are vampires inside this campus. I smell it, their presence, it‘s a different aura, it’s too strong, they are close to us, we need to be focus….he muttered while roaming his eyes around.

“too quick to notice it, it‘s just the first day…kyu scratch his head..

Saeng feelings makes his body becomes weak, he always faint, he always feel sick and he always dream of blood staining his hand and lips. It makes a puzzle to himself but he never ask or tell anyone about his condition. He easily smell blood and his veins react whenever he sees blood.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyun on the other hand flew to korea the day after they were haunt by the hunters. Having no choice at all, they need to evacuate their selves to other country and he chose to stay in korea with his fellow vampires, the next successors, after settling their elders in france. Him being the leader in this country while his parents being the head in france.

“you’re staring at it again…min, his best friend interrupted his gaze towards the photo. Min is close to him like a best friend though he is not a pure blood vampire.

“it’s already 5 years, and now I can smell his presence, finally…hyun breathed the air that pass through them.

“you know it’s against our tribe to get close to humans, we can join them but not to be closer to them… min reminded him again.

“I know, but I want to taste his blood again, I can smell it, it craves me more.. I know, he’s calling me already, he needs to drink again, he needs my blood…hyun said..

“am I not enough? Min asked, clenching his fist.

“you are already a vampire, I need his pure blood… hyun smirked. He went closer to min and his neck..

“and you turn him into vampire, he will soon be one right?,,,you will be punished if the elders will not approve it. Connecting to humans is dangerous to all of us, you are taking the risk….min informed him if in case it was forgotten.

“I just want to play, I want them to know how vampires suffered.. Hyun said and keeps on smelling min’s blood..

“drink it..min offered..

Without hesitation, hyun dug his fangs on him and drink his blood. Min has been supplying his own blood to his master, their master, as his service to him as a non-full blooded vampire.

“class will start soon… hyun wiped his lips and left him after filling his hunger. Min just lean on the wall.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saeng and the other were heading to their classroom, its already half semester when they left Japan and transferred to this university.

“you will be mine from now on. you’ll look for me in the future. You are mine, remember it, you are mine, my blood is flowing to your body. I will find you, you will look for me..

Hyun whispered in mind while passing through the transfer students.

Saeng heard it, who are you? He said mentally. He widened is eyes and froze again.

“I am the owner of the blood that flows into you, the one you need to fill up the hunger inside you,, 

“where are you? He asked..

“you’ll find out soon…hyun replied in mind again..

Hyun reach where saeng is by following the smell of the blood. Saeng was out of balance and fell. He catch him and look at him in the eyes with a serious face. Saeng was shocked when he saw reddened eyes in front of him. It was like a dejavu, saeng remembered the face, the red eyes, the fangs, and the moment he felt the blood flowing in his neck and the sound of his own blood dripping on the lips of the vampire.

“it wasn’t a dream..saeng thought..

“his blood, it smells good..I’ve smelled this kind of blood before.he continued while he was possessed by those red eyes.

“because we shared one blood,,,hyun lean closer to him and whispered in his ears. He caressed the neck where he planted his fangs before.

Saeng pushed him and he able to snap out but his panicking heart and veins continued.

“are you alright? Hey!! You watch where you walk!! Kyu took his lover and shouted to the students..

“I bet you are all transferees?,,I’m the head student here, I’m sorry for this, I just saw your friend falling so I guess I just help him? Hyun showed a smirk and fierce eyes.

“kyu let’s go…saeng pulled his lover and walked away..

“interesting…I think we will have fun here…hyun chuckled while still tracing the three with gaze..

“is he~~~ min tried to question..

“let’s go…hyun cut him off and both headed to their class.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was after class, young saeng decided to be left in school and excuse himself to have something to research, kyu and jun believed in it since all of them are in different course and classes. He didn’t inform the two about the head student.

He was leaning to the wall outside the abandoned building. Waiting for something. Until the head student came out from inside the dark area.

“vampire,, saeng uttered.

Hyun stopped and put his hands on his pocket. He turned around. Hunter? He uttered back.

“who are you? And why did you tell me~~~ saeng straightened up but he felt strange again, suppressing the pain inside him.

“as you said, im a vampire.. How did you know I am here? Stalking at me? Want to kill me? Hyun said..

“I~~I smell some blood and I end up here..aggghhhh,,saeng stuttered and hold his head as he remember again those petals and words in his dreams..

“you know that I can kill you and drink your blood anytime here, school is over… that sweet flowing blood in you makes me wait for a long time.. Hyun announced and went closer to him.

Saeng weakened his knees and almost falling when he saw the red eyes again. What did you do to me? He asked…

“I gave you my blood, the blood that flows into you is mixed with mine., don’t endure it, I will give you my blood if you want, but I will take yours first, fill my thirst…hyun held him on waist and open up the human’s shirt revealing the chest and it.

“let go of me,,,saeng pushed him, able to step away with all his remaining strength.

“just accept it, you need me or you have to kill human to surpass your thirst in blood. You’re enduring it for years, hyun said..

“no..I’m not a vampire, I don’t need anyone’s blood..

“you are, 5 years ago, when we first met, and the reason why I am here is because of you..hyun chuckled while getting closer to him again.

“don’t get near me..saeng showed his gun and pull the trigger and shoot but the vampire is too quick to avoid it.

“you don’t have strength anymore, you have to drink,,hyun felt somehow worried with his expressionless face.

“no!!!!! saeng screamed but the next thing he knew, the vampire’s fangs already in his chest. 

His hands fell on his side and his tears fell. The flashback from that time, the time when he was caught by the same vampire, he sees everything, and the way he tasted a blood, the reason why he craves and smell bloods, why he feel strange whenever he sees blood, those reasons, caused by this immortal.

“take my blood,,hyun whispered to him and bite his own wrist and transferred his own blood to the human through his mouth.

“just kill me,,saeng manage to talk under his breath..

“we’ll be seeing each other from now on…as long as you need me, you will follow whatever I tell you. That will happen if you don’t want to kill human just to feed yourself. Hyun told and the excess blood that staining the human’s lips… and I will go to you whenever I need you, you‘re my prey, the only way you could get away from being a vampire is to get rid of me, just then you will die too..he added and disappear like a smoke.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first meeting at school didn’t end there. Hyun always bump to the hunter, making saeng to think deeply on how he can rid of him.

One day, saeng was walking alone when min blocked him. Who are you, he asked. Min just glare at him. Saeng heart beats again and felt the strong aura coming from this man.

“follow me. Min said in a very low tone.

Saeng like a possessed one instantly followed behind. They reach the roof top where he found the vampire and others mingling together.

Hyun stood up from his sitting position on the floor and look at everyone, in no minutes passed, the area was cleared and they were left alone. He went closer to saeng and cup the neck with his right hand. Saeng shove him and took a step backward. He grab him on the waist and immediately took the boy on the neck. Saeng tightened his grip to the other’s shirt and try to push him but he always becomes weak whenever he is round him.

Day passes, saeng endure his pain and thirst, he never tells anyone, neither tells that he had found a powerful vampire. He banned himself from going out and started to ground his own self from meeting his friends, afraid that sooner or later, he will be found out. He locked himself in his room. 

For not clear reason, his parents are wondering why. Until one day, he cut his wrist and tried to feed himself with his own blood. It wasn’t a long month since he started schooling and had the order to find vampires in the campus, but everything was ruined when he met the vampire again, the vampire whom the reason why he became one, and soon will be totally like them.

All of a sudden, the air blew inside his room as the window flung open, revealing the gorgeous vampire he ever met.

“why are you here? I don’t need you!!! Saeng shouted, bloods still on his lips. And blood dripping from his wrist.

“you need me.. You’re calling me..the vampire confidently talked and jumped inside the room..

“no! saeng cried and winced in total pain in his throat, it’s burning, a thirst that he never satisfies whenever he drink his own blood.

Hyun knelt in front of him, you don’t have a choice, drink my blood or else you’ll be crazy like other bad vampires, he said.

Saeng curled his knees and felt cold. Hyun pulled him closer and offered his neck. Saeng was staring at it and his fangs finally showed and felt the thirst even more as he smelled the blood flowing inside this man.

“bite me now before it’s too late, you lose your own blood, only my blood could strengthen you…hyun suggested.. He just planned to play, but he didn’t knew once and for all that he was admiring him since back then. And so he always feel the worries to him since he was the one who cause him to be like this.

Saeng did it and drink with his thirst. He calmed down when he thought he filled his thirst already. He pulled out and he stare up to the man with weary eyes and locked his eyes to him.

Hyun caressed the human’s face and ruffled the messy hair to clear his beautiful face. He wiped the excess blood with his finger and it.

“am I vampire already?, why blood taste good for me?..what did you do to me? Saeng cried again.

“no. you are still human, still a mortal one, but you will be one in the right time,,, hyun answered..

“why did you~~ saeng tried to rebut again but was cut when he felt a in his chest.

Hyun went downr to him, he the human’s chest that leaves him in a groan. Saeng didn’t feel pain while the fangs are digging in his skin. Gentle, it done gently unlike the first time and the second time or the third time. This vampire is getting more softer to him. Hyun pulled out after and made a to the human’s lips.

“because I like you, I let you live because I liked you since that day….the vampire confessed..

His parents knock on his door as they both smelled it, the blood smell scattered around the house that makes his parents to be worried and found it was coming from his room. They force to open the door since it lasts for about 20 minutes knocking with no response. Air blowing all over the room and found their son with the vampire’s embrace.

Hyun flew down to the window after gently putting down the hunter. Saeng became lifeless again.

“son, wake up~ his mom shook him,,what happen to you? why you have blood on your lips? He added, panic.

“ill get an ambulance..his father says..

“father,, no…he refused as he exclaimed to stop his father..I just need to rest..he said while tearing down.

“what happen to you? Mom cried…

“I’m sorry mom,, just kill me before I will become a vampire too. That vampire, he was the one I met before but he escaped. He bites me that time,,,he confess..

“what do you mean? father asked..

“ahhhhhhhhh~~~!!!!! I don’t want to live!!!! Saeng screamed and cried more while messing his hair with both hands.

His mom fell on the floor and his father was totally shocked, both in disbelief that their son was once been bitten by a vampire.

From that shocking news from their son, they removed him from the project and let him stay at home for good, they didn’t tell the noblest council about this situation to protect their son for now. But soon had explained everything.

Kyu jong was worried as to what is the reason from dropping the project and for dropping out school. He went to him, morning, he was led to his lover’s room. The room is too dark as he opened the door. He turned the lights on and found the fellow hunter under the blanket.

“hey saeng, how are you? Your mom says you’re sick..kyu spoke first.

Saeng sat up and grab the lover’s into a hug, crying.

“What happen? Im worried about you… kyu hugged him back tightly.

“kyu promise me you’ll stay with me no matter what…saeng started to talk, strangely, because kyu never seen him crying before.

“of course I do..I love you,,I will stay with you.,,kyu chuckled, he thought his lover’s words is just like a whining.

“not that kyu…saeng shook his head..

“and so what is it? Stop crying…kyu cupped the hunter’s face and let him look straight to his eyes.

“kyu,,the student head..he’s~~~he’s~~~ saeng stuttered…

“he’s what? Kyu felt annoyed..

“he’s a vampire, he is the one I had met before in japan, the one who escaped from me, the reason why you found me lifeless under that tree…saeng told finally..

“what? Then why you didn’t told us? Kyu raise his voice..

“he’s too strong and he’s manipulating me.. I’ll be one of them soon…kyu help me, help,,I can’t endure it already.,,saeng pleaded..

“how can I help you?..kyu asked..

“kill me.. Shoot me,,, I beg you..before I will turn into a vampire..

“what? Are you crazy?!! How can I just kill you like that?!! Are you insane? Kyu yell..I will inform the heads about this…he added…

“kyu, if you will kill him, then you have to kill me too.. My strength comes to him..only drinking his blood makes me calm, or else I will turn into a wild vampire who kills people just to satisfies my thirst.. Saeng told and continue to cry..

“what? Saeng, you’re asking me the impossible…you know I love you, how can I end your life…kyu loses strength with what he heard.

“but I have no choice. I will die still. I don’t want to be a vampire…saeng pleaded,,,

“no…you’ll be alright,, you will not be a vampire…kyu hugged his lover..

“but I started to do everything that  vampire is doing, I thirst for blood, I always do, even the time we were in Japan, I just don’t know why myself reacts in front of blood. Kyu, I don’t want to hurt anyone..saeng said with his pleading eyes..

“I love you, I will help you,..kyu assured him, go back to school, I will protect you,,kyu suggested..

“I can’t I don’t want to get near him. I will not,, every time I see him, I go crazy, my body is getting crazy..no..no…saeng sat on the floor while holding his neck,,it was strange he can feel the presence of the vampire..

“what happen? Kyu whispered as he bent down and lift his head..

“he’s here…he’s here…saeng grasp and tightened his grip to his lover’s clothes..

“calm down,no ones here. He can’t be here, you parents put some guards everywhere to monitor your place…I’ll be back tomorrow,,,kyu embrace him again, he carried him bridal style and tuck him on the bed..I’ll report this to the council, I’m sure your parents and other officials are working for this.. Kyu said and peck him on the forehead.

“kyu~~~ saeng uttered but he fell in slumber as soon as kyu kissed him on the lips..

“sleep for now…I’ll be back…kyu mumble and spat out the remaining powder in his mouth and went to the bathroom to cleanse it. He left the sleeping hunter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEXT CHAPTER CONTINUATION