o1

⚜ HIM.

The first time Sora saw him, she remembered thinking 'Wow. I need to meet this guy.' She didn't know who he was nor his name or where he was from. All she knew was that she was completely awestruck by the man who had just finished dancing out in the middle of the dance floor. He was dressed in all black and disappeared into the crowd instantly, but she managed to keep her eyes on him all night.

                "Sora, did you want to dance?" Minah nudged her and Sora glanced back at her with a quick smile, "Nah. I think I'm good. My feet hurt from these heels." Sora swiftly slipped her feet out of her three-inch heels and sighed while Minah nodded and sat back in her chair. Sora watched her friend turn her attention back to her phone and then maneuvered her own attention to across the room. Through the small negative spaces of the dancing people, her eyes landed once more on the handsome man from before.

                He was also sitting and leaning up against the walls. Maybe it was her imagination, but she could swear that he was looking right back at her. Her cheeks felt hot and she quickly turned back to Minah, "Hey, yeah, let's go dance for a bit." Without giving Minah a chance, she got up onto her bare feet and rushed over to the dance floor to find their other friend, Chaerin. It wasn't until Sora found Chaerin grinding against her boyfriend that she realized the kind of music that was playing. But it was too late to head back as Minah reached them.

                Thankfully, the song ended and a spunky song came on, making it easier for both Sora and Minah to dance along with Chaerin and her boyfriend, Woojin. They laughed and danced all together. Although, Sora's mind was elsewhere, she did her best to enjoy the time she was spending with her friends. In her mind, she hated how the songs had no good dancing beat to them. They were all a little too slow for her personal taste, so all she could do was sway awkwardly with Minah while Chaerin danced with Woojin. Another grinding song came on, and Minah and she both sighed out in disappointment before heading back to sit down.

                Sora glanced across the room again and could swear that she caught his eyes again and then quickly looked away. Could it be possible that he was looking back at her too? She quickly sighed as she realized that there was no way that he could be looking at her when she was sitting next to her cute and beautiful, but taken, friend, Minah. She pushed aside the depressing thought though and decided to look back onto the dance floor and watch the couples and crazy girls dance and grind against each other. It wasn't long until another slow and romantic song played.

                Grabbing Minah, Sora pulled her friend back onto the dance floor with her and danced. She had spotted a certain someone eyeing her and definitely did not want to give him the chance to dance with her. Yet, as they were dancing, another guy came and asked Minah for the dance. Minah was way too nice for her own good and couldn't refuse, so Sora inwardly sighed and let go of her date.

                Chaerin was already dancing with Woojin, so she was going to the bathroom as an excuse for being alone when she saw Jae heading her way. Jae was a guy that she had recently 'talked' with for about two weeks. Because Sora had never had a boyfriend before and because everyone said that Jae was nice, she gave him a shot and they started to semi-see each other. Things ended badly though.

                Sora panicked and quickly turned back around, jumping back into the crowd of couples to look for Chaerin and Woojin, knowing that they'd help her as Jae closed in on her tail. Though just when she was about to reach them, Kyungmi, an acquaintance, popped out of nowhere and asked loudly, "Hey, Sora! Want to dance with me?" Sora sighed out loud in relief and instantly threw her arms around her new savior, "Yes!" The two of them barely danced when someone tapped on Sora's arm. They stopped and looked up to see Jae's friend .

                He asked Kyungmi for the dance so that Jae could dance with Sora. But Kyungmi sensed the tension between Jae and Sora as soon as Sora tightened her hold around Kyungmi's waist and shook her head. Kyungmi boldly refused and continued to dance with Sora, but the boy refused to take "no" as answer and was too persistent.

                "You don't want to dance with Jae, right?" Kyungmi whispered into Sora's ear and she nodded back before Kyungmi refused again. Jae then stepped in and started asking to dance with Sora as well. Jae turned to Sora and held out his hand, but Sora only stepped back, "No." She turned to leave when he grabbed her arm and pulled her back to face him, "Come on. It's just one dance." Kyungmi released Sora and nudged her to give Jae a chance before leaving with Jae's friend.

                "I said, No." If there weren't so many people around, Sora would've punched him in the face. She was angry. They both had already confirmed that they were just going to be friends. He used his friend to pull Kyungmi away just so he could dance with her and try to start everything over and she wasn't going to accept that. She tried to pull away, but he kept his grip on her as he used the lame excuse, "Come on, Sora. The song's almost over. Just one dance." She tried to pull away again when he tightened his hold on her. Sora glared at him, but he kept his face collected. She glanced behind him and saw questioning stares from other couples before sighing out loud in disgust.

                She turned to face him and he held out his other hand for her to take. She didn't refrain from making a face as she took his hand. He tried to pull her closer, but she shoved him back and tightened her grasps on his hands, stating firmly, "No. We are only going to dance like this, at an arm's length." He sighed and nodded as they both swayed awkwardly back and forth to the slow song.

                "You look really pretty tonight." He stated softly and she almost snorted, but didn't.

                "I know." Sora muttered back when he chuckled, "Wow, you haven't changed at all."

                "No duh." She snapped back at him with an eye roll.

                "So, are you enjoying tonight?" He was trying to make conversation and she wanted to leave.

                "I was, but not anymore." She answered bluntly when he scrunched his nose slightly.

                "Oh…why's that?" He asked out loud, but they both already knew the answer.

                "Because of you." Sora glared back at him when he chuckled nervously, "Ouch." The song ended and she immediately ripped her hands away from him when he tried to stop her. Jae reached out and grabbed her again as he blurted, "Wait—"

                "You said, one dance." Sora growled while yanking her hand away and heading back to where Chaerin and Woojin were on the dance floor to join them. Minah was beside them within seconds and instantly apologized for leaving Sora, "I'm so sorry, Sora. I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have left you. If I didn't, you wouldn't have had to dance with Jae!" Sora only brushed her off and smiled as if it was no big deal. Minah was too cute and it wasn't her fault.

                After the song came to an end, more grinding songs came on and so Minah and Sora went straight back to the chairs where they waited for better songs to come on. And again, Sora peeked through the crowd and back across the room to see the cute guy watching the crowd dance. That was when it hit her. Tonight was her chance. After dealing with Jae and getting all angry over the fact that he was being a complete idiot, maybe she could meet this guy across the room. Not only would she make a new friend, but then she could also drive Jae away!

                Her heart raced. She was never the type to make a first move, but hey, it was the Sadie's Dance. Girls were supposed to ask guys to dance tonight. Also, what are the chances that she was going to see this guy again when all she did was stay in her dorm and hide from people? It couldn't hurt, could it? Sora continued the internal pep talk that she was giving herself until another slow song began to play. She kept her eyes on the guy across the sea of people and was about to get up from her seat when Jae popped out from nowhere and held out his arm.

                "May I have this dance?" Jae smiled while Sora dropped back into her seat and growled, "No." Jae instantly reached out and grabbed her arm. She pulled back and snapped loudly, "I said NO. What do you not understand?"

                "It's just a dance." He stupidly tried to reason with her while trying to tug her out of her seat. Minah glanced at him and then nervously added, "Hey, Jae. I don't think she wants to dance." He ignored her as his friend who took Kyungmi away before came over and asked Minah to dance. At first, Minah refused, but the more he pestered her, the guiltier she felt and in the end she gave up and got up to go dance with him. Sora continued to glare at Jae and tried to pull away, but he used his strength and pulled her off her chair and onto the dance floor with him.

                "You said one dance. This is two." If only looks could kill. He would be dead. She gripped his hands tightly and held him as far away from her as possible. Jae suddenly pulled both of her arms open and tried to pull her in to put his arms around her, "Come on, it's not that bad. I need to talk to you." He tried to put his arms around her waist when she shoved him back.

                "NO." She snapped loud enough for other couples to stop dancing and start to stare.

                "Okay, okay, fine. Just finish this dance with me." He grabbed her hands again and kept her at an arm's length when she growled under her breath. Then he frowned and asked, "Hey, do you hate me now?" Sora glanced at him and then groaned, "Ugh. No. I don't. But you're freaking annoying right now." He laughed lightly and then grinned, "I just need to talk to you."

                "We already talked and confirmed that nothing's going to happen. Why are you bringing it up now?" She snapped back when he sighed, "Because I didn't get to say everything that I wanted to say." This time, Sora snorted out loud, "Pfft. Don't lie. I asked you if you were done saying everything on your mind before I said anything. And you said that you'd let me decide what happens and I said no more." She felt like she was speaking to a kid. The song ended and she instantly pulled away to search for the handsome guy only to find him gone.

                Sora pushed Jae away when he tried to speak with her again and walked back to sit in her chair when Minah joined her and started to apologize again. Sora only shook her head and took a deep breath to calm herself. She wanted to leave. She didn't even care anymore. She was just so sick of Jae pestering her about something they both already confirmed that was over before it even started. They never even dated. They literally had spoken and flirted with each other for only 2 weeks. Sure, she held his hand and gave him a hug here and there, but that was because she thought that they could actually become something more.

                Until he said that she was an "easy" girl. She let it slide the first two times, but the third time he joked about how easy Sora was, he even had the nerve to bring in her best friend, Miyoung. He joked that since Sora was so easy, then Miyoung also had to be an easy girl and that just did it for Sora. It was like a switch went off in her head. She was no longer interested in Jae anymore. She challenged him and threatened to break off them seeing each other and he accepted. The deal was to not contact each other in any way for a whole month and to not get any friends involved. He broke the rules within 3 days when he realized that that it meant not being able to see her for her birthday.

                But it was too late. Jae no longer meant anything to Sora. She had given him a shot at getting to know her and possibly date and become her boyfriend, but he had ruined it with his cockiness. And now he was trying to up to her, but she refused it. Everyone thought that she was being dramatic, but Jae knew that he really screwed up. Because even though Sora never had a boyfriend before, she wasn't stupid. She wasn't going to let him treat her the way he did and get away with it. He tried to take advantage of the fact that she was inexperienced and she knew it, which was why she cut things off.

                Sora took a deep breath and tried to calm herself done again. She gave up trying to look for the cute guy who could dance really well and turned her head to try and find Chaerin and her boyfriend in the crowd when she saw that the guy sitting only a few chairs down from her. For some reason, her heart jumped three times harder than she had ever experienced when he glanced her way at the slightest. She shifted to get up from her seat when Jae suddenly sat down in the other seat beside her and sighed, "Sora, can we go somewhere private? Just the two of us? And talk?"

                "We already talked." She groaned and literally wanted to cry. She was going to get up, but she could see that he was going to follow her. What better impression to give the cute guy than to go up to him with a stupid guy on her tail? She didn't want the other guy to misunderstand and think she was a , so she only slumped in her chair and turned her face away from Jae.

                "Look, it'd be quick." He pressed on.

                "If it's quick, then just say so here." She shot back when he hesitated, "It's not the same if I say it here. The atmosphere is different. It'd be better if I tell you somewhere private where it just the two of us alone." Sora groaned, "Trust me, the atmosphere isn't going to change. I'm not going to go anywhere with you. Anything you need to say, just say it here and now. I don't want other people thinking that we have something going on when we don't." Jae pouted and took a deep breath before giving in. He started talking and Sora turned her attention away when she looked up and saw the handsome guy standing literally 3 feet away from her.

                Suddenly, she didn't hear anything that Jae was saying anymore and time seemed to have slowed down. He was looking straight at her, she was sure of it, because they locked eyes. Her heart started to beat faster and faster and she realized that this was it. This was the moment for her to finally get up and say hi to this stranger. But she couldn't just walk away from Jae without looking rude, so Sora swiftly turned back to face Jae, barely catching what he had just said.

                "Okay, Jae, I already told you. Nothing's going to happen between us anymore." Sora stated firmly and turned to get up when she saw him turn around and walk away. Her muscles stiffened and her heart sank while her blank mind screamed, "DON'T GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" And just like that, she lost her confidence to make the first move. She ended up plopping back down into the chair and pretending to listen to Jae for the rest of the night. It wasn't until after volunteering to help clean up that Sora finally snapped.

                "Jae. Stop." Sora sighed. She was tired and cranky and she had no more strength left to deal with his bull. "Don't chase after me anymore. There's no point. You can't have me." Jae took a deep breath and sighed, "Yeah. I know I can't have you, but that's what makes me want to chase after you even more." Sora mentally facepalmed herself and in a deep breath, "You're wasting your time. There are plenty of other girls out there who will appreciate you more than I do. Go find her."

                "But…you'll never know, Sora. Just give me another chance." Jae pleaded.

                "That's exactly it, Jae. I already know the outcome now. I gave you a chance and you blew it. Bye." She stepped passed him and never looked back as she joined Minah, Chaerin and Woojin. They handed Sora her coat and then left together to get into Woojin's car and head back to their dorms. Grabbing McDonald's on the way, Chaerin grumbled, "Wow. I can't believe how Jae was acting tonight. That was too much." Sora only grumbled in agreement as Minah started apologizing again.

 

•     ♥     •

 

Sora sighed out loud again while eating a fry when Minah raised a questioning brow, "What is it, girl?" Sora pouted for a moment and then sighed again, "There was a really cute guy that I wanted to talk to tonight…but I kept getting ed by Jae."

                "Oh, whaaaat?" Chaerin shot up in her bed as Woojin laughed and straightened up beside her as well while Minah gasped, "Are you serious?! Who? What did he look like?" Sora shrugged and then felt her cheeks get hot as her heart began to pound without her permission. Her mind raged on and it was a few seconds later that she finally gave up and burst, "He was the guy that danced really badass in the dance circle! He was dressed in all black and he looked super cute and maybe I was being delusional or maybe I was hallucinating, but I swear that he was also checking me out from across the room too! I don't know his name and I ing regret not shoving Jae aside to go say hi to him! Guys, I feel like I lost my biggest chance ever! I feel like I let this huge possibility just pass me by and now I want to cry! I've never felt so regretful in my entire 19 years of my life so far!"

                "Facebook him, duh." Woojin chuckled, enjoying the sight of Sora's misery.

                "I don't even know his name or if he goes to the same college as us!" Sora groaned when Woojin smirked, "Guess it's time to search through your friend's friends to find him then." He was totally teasing and making fun of Sora and it was only fueling her frustrations so she glared back at him, haughtily, "I will! And I'll find him! Just you watch!"

                "You're now officially a creeper, Sora." He chuckled while watching her open her laptop to begin her search. Yet after 5 minutes of searching through lists and lists of her friend's friend lists, she gave up. Sora grunted out loud in disappointment while Woojin laughed at her. Minah giggled softly, "It's okay, Sora."

                "I want to believe that it's okay, too. But my heart's not allowing it. This is so weird, I've never been so determined to find a guy before." Sora muttered as Chaerin and Woojin chuckled together at her reply. Then Sora pulled up her page and sighed again. She didn't want to accept it, but it must had been fate for her to just never actually meet this guy. Maybe it was just a lesson to teach her that not everyone can get what they want.

                "Just give up." Woojin whispered before she sighed. He was right. There was no point in trying. If it wasn't meant to be, then instead of getting depressed, she should just let it go and move on with life. Sora pouted and turned her attention back to her laptop screen. She still really regretted it. Maybe it would've been better to make a bad first impression on the cute guy, maybe at least then, she could've said hi to him. Then she wouldn't be sulking about it now. Sora clicked on her status and forced herself to cheer up as she typed,

 

Dear cute guy dressed in all black at Sadies Tonight,

you danced really awesome tonight! really wished that I could've said hi to you, but I never got the chance. hopefully I'll see you around campus so that we can meet up and become good friends.

 

                She pressed the post button and watched her mini letter get posted. There. She got it off her chest. Now she wouldn't regret it too much. Fate had been cruel to her tonight, but if that was the way that it to be, then she was going to take it like a man and just deal with it. Sora was about to change tabs when someone commented on her status: Go post a missedconnection! That'd help for sure!

                Nah, I don't even know if he goes to our school. Plus it'd be a while before he sees it! She typed back and barely pressed enter to reply when another person commented and tagged a random guy. Her heart jumped and she clicked on the link, but found herself disappointed when it wasn't HIM. She sighed and was going to reply when more people started tagging guys on her status comments.

                "Holy crap! What the hell?!" Sora gasped as more people began to tag guys on her status.

                "What is it?" Chaerin asked tiredly from her bed as Woojin sat up and Minah glanced over.

                "I made a status and I was just ranting. But people are tagging guys in it now and—I wasn't expecting anything! It was just a freaking rant status!" She began to look through all the links, but none were correct. Even though Sora had only caught a few glances at his face, she still remembered perfectly how he had looked like. Minah giggled excitedly for her as she continued to look through the tags when the president of their organization club privately messaged her.

 

Is this the guy?

 

Sora clicked on the link, but by now, she really didn't even know if she cared anymore. What were the chances that it was going to be HIM? The profile popped up and her jaw immediately dropped as she gasped out loud, "Oh my ing god."

                "What?" Woojin arched a brow.

                "Did you find him?" Minah looked up with an excited smile.

                "I—I did." Sora couldn't help, but crack a stupid smile.

                "What's his name?" Chaerin yawned.

                "His name is," Sora grinned at her screen, "Luhan."