Chapter 2

The Plan

Himchan was humming to himself as he cooked breakfast, in a much better mood after last night. After all, Daehyun hadn’t been nearly as bad as he had worried he would be, and Yongguk had definitely noticed them this time. To be fair, even people from other tables had seen it, but that wasn’t the point. The point was that Yongguk had too, and he had been silent and moody the rest of the night. Of course this could be because, as the leader, he preferred them all to somewhat behave in public, but Himchan liked to think it was more than that.

 

Sudden arms around his waist and a body pressed against his back pulled him from his thoughts and nearly made him knock the frying pan to the floor. “What the-” He turned his head and was faced with Daehyun, who grinned at him before nuzzling his neck. Completely puzzled, he strained his neck to glance at the kitchen table, where Daehyun had been sitting with Youngjae just moments before. He shivered when he noticed the look Youngjae was giving him and quickly averted his eyes.

 

“Your boyfriend is glaring at me,” he said under his breath, feeling Daehyun’s grip tightening in response. He froze when he felt the other’s fingers trail down his stomach teasingly.

 

“He’s not my boyfriend yet, remember?” Daehyun whispered in his ear. Once the other’s warm hand slipped under his shirt, Himchan pushed it away gently.

 

“No funny business, Jung Daehyun,” he scolded, hitting his friend on the head with a spatula. Honestly. Just when he had started to give him the benefit of the doubt, he had to start groping him. He wasn’t too comfortable with people grabbing at his fat above his clothes, let alone underneath it, and it didn’t matter how many times he was told he truly wasn’t even chubby. Sometimes he worried that feeling would never go away, but he decided that now wasn’t the right time to contemplate his insecurities.

 

Daehyun staggered backwards after being hit and grabbed at his heart. “Ah, it gets me all hot and bothered when you call me by my full name, hyung,” he said seductively, a wide grin on his face.

 

“Can you guys stop? You’re making Jongup uncomfortable,” came the sudden annoyed voice of Youngjae.

 

Himchan jumped slightly, having almost forgotten he was even there, and then looked around wildly until he located Jongup as well. How had he not even noticed him until now? And how much had he seen? Plan or not, he didn’t really want to ruin the maknaes, cleverly ignoring how his own mind had been at their age.

 

“I’m not uncomfortable, hyung,” Jongup piped up, blinking innocently.

 

Clearly, this didn’t sit too well with Youngjae, who promptly sighed and left the room, mumbling something about waking up the others. Daehyun quickly went with him (probably to make sure Youngjae wouldn’t try to kiss Junhong awake or jump him in his sleep or do whatever it was that he was worried about), though by the bickering that could be heard all throughout the dorm, this wasn’t received very well.

 

“I’m sorry, Jonguppie,” Himchan apologised softly as he turned back to the food.

 

“It’s okay, I didn’t mind,” the younger replied sweetly, making Himchan smile to himself. It was impossible not to love Jongup, really. “But I thought you liked Yongguk hyung?”

 

Except now.

 

Himchan cursed when the frying pan really did fall to the floor this time, his flailing arms having done the trick. “Wh- Me, like Yongguk? Why would you think that?” he laughed uncomfortably as he knelt down to clean up the mess. Well, guess they’d have to eat out or order in now, he thought to himself.

 

Jongup joined him with a wet kitchen towel, shrugging as he wiped the dirty floor. “It’s obvious. But maybe I was wrong.” He gazed up at Himchan curiously and tilted his head, reminding the older more of a puppy than usual. “Was I?”

 

Himchan opened his mouth to respond, though he wasn’t even sure what he was going to say, when they were interrupted by the missing four stepping inside. He raised his head and grinned sheepishly. “My treat?”

 

Youngjae rolled his eyes and was the first to leave, yelling about some café he had decided they’d go to. Normally, Himchan would’ve yelled at him for his lack of respect, but he assumed the other was still annoyed with him over what happened with Daehyun earlier and decided to let it go. For now.

 

Speaking of Daehyun: he was making his way over, looking far too amused for Himchan’s tastes.

 

“What happened, unable to handle my body so close to yours?” he said as he nudged Himchan with his elbow, the two of them stepping outside as well.

 

Now it was Himchan’s turn to roll his eyes. “That’s right, I just can’t resist you,” he replied drily. “If you must know: it was Jongup.”

 

At those words, Daehyun’s eyes widened dramatically. He found their Jongup, who was busy putting on his shoes, and looked him up and down slowly. “Whoa, I never thought he’d have it in him,” he said, almost in awe.

 

Himchan stared at him blankly for a few moments, before scowling and slapping Daehyun up the head. “No, you , what’s wrong with you?!” he hissed, trying to ignore the others who had turned at Daehyun’s overdramatic cries. He took his own shoes and put them on slowly, leaning in to continue speaking to the other in a low voice when everyone had finally looked away. “He was asking about Yongguk. Apparently he knows I like him and he was confused.”

 

Daehyun nodded understandingly. “I get that completely. Why be into Yongguk when I’m right here?”

 

Himchan exhaled and simply gave Daehyun a look of pure exasperation, but the other didn’t seem to care. He simply smiled and blew him a kiss before jumping up and grabbing his coat. “Let’s go, I’m hungry!” he shouted as he pushed Youngjae, who was closest to the door, outside.

 

“You’re always hungry!” Himchan heard the younger vocalist complain.

 

The visual glanced over at Yongguk as he tugged on his coat, slightly startled when he saw the other staring back at him with an indescribable on his face. He raised his eyebrows in question, but his friend merely shook his head with a small smile and stepped aside to let Himchan leave first.

 

Himchan bit his lip, feeling that annoying feeling in his chest again he always got when Yongguk got too close. It only intensified when the other fell into step beside him, still without saying a word, though it wasn’t uncomfortable. Usually Himchan would’ve spoken up already, but for now he decided to keep his mouth shut, too much on his mind at the moment.

 

He wasn’t sure when he had fallen for Yongguk, and yes, he knew very well how cliché that sounded. It had been a gradual thing. They had become friends quite easily, best friends eventually, and somewhere along the line Himchan’s heart had decided it wanted something more. Yongguk only made things worse by being frustratingly perfect and always knowing what Himchan needed.

 

Well, almost always, Himchan mused as Yongguk’s hand brushed against his for the sixth time. He still didn’t realise how much Himchan needed him.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 

Daehyun, on the other hand, knew exactly when he had fallen in love with Youngjae. It had been shortly after their debut, when they had been having an increasingly heated discussion and he had suddenly fallen silent and simply stared at how beautiful the other boy was, and thought about how passionate he could be. He had blinked and left the room immediately, which had resulted in Youngjae ignoring him for a week.

 

It was strange to think that he had had feelings for him for so long and never properly acted on it. Oh, he knew the fans thought differently, and of course he tried subtle and not-so-subtle things to get the other’s attention, but he had never actually stepped up to him and told him how he felt. He was fairly sure the other would think it was a joke anyway and would either laugh in his face or yell at him. Neither sounded particularly appealing.

 

He glanced over his shoulder and saw his two hyungs walking together, not speaking but looking happy enough, although Himchan did seem to be thinking too much again. This was nothing new, though, and he had to keep himself from smirking when he saw Yongguk’s eyes wander towards their visual more than once, always with a gentle smile on his face. It was odd how Yongguk always looked at Himchan like that, yet the other still didn’t believe his feelings were returned.

 

When he turned his head forward again he was taken aback by the glare Youngjae was aiming at him.

 

“Could you be a little less obvious?” the other snapped.

 

Daehyun’s eyes widened in confusion. What the hell was he talking about? He parted his lips to ask, but Youngjae had already walked off and towards Junhong (who else?). He clenched his jaw in frustration. It could be jealousy, who knew, but did he always have to snap at him? Lately it had been happening more and more often, even before he agreed on this deal with Himchan, and it was driving him insane. Had he somehow upset the younger? Because in that case, he preferred to know instead of constantly being made to feel like he had done something wrong without knowing what. Yet, he still couldn’t help but be completely in love with the idiot.

 

He put his hands in his pockets and stared at the floor as he walked, annoyed with himself, with Youngjae and even with their innocent maknae, who probably had even less of an idea what was going on. He even found himself annoyed with Himchan, because he just had to be all cosy with Yongguk, making it impossible for him to bother him. Well, he could, but he thought it might be rude.

 

A sudden yelp escaped his mouth and he turned around swiftly, only to be faced with a laughing Himchan.

 

“Did you just grab my ?!” he asked indignantly, flushing bright red when he noticed that not only his band members but also several random people in the street stared at him.

 

Himchan only continued to laugh and linked their arms together, though not before having another feel.

 

“I thought you were with Yongguk?” Daehyun whispered urgently while they walked on.

 

“Not yet,” Himchan replied smoothly, and it was this that made Daehyun realise it had been payback for this morning. He couldn’t help himself: he grinned proudly. Besides, it wasn’t that Himchan groping people was such a rare phenomenon, he just usually didn’t do it out on the streets.

 

“Besides, you looked like you could use some help,” his hyung added, making Daehyun grimace.

 

“I swear he hates me sometimes,” he sighed. “If he’s not ignoring me, he’s yelling at me, and either way, it ends with him running up to Zelo. Who I can’t even really be angry with, because… well, who could?”

 

Himchan glanced around and leaned in closely so no one else could hear him. “Have you ever considered that Youngjae’s doing that because he’s confused? And that he’s using our youngest either to make you jealous or to distract himself from whatever thoughts he’s having?”

 

Daehyun gazed up at the other, biting his lip. “Or he could just like him instead,” he said softly. “And he’s annoyed with me because… I don’t know, maybe he thinks I’ll steal him away or something. Or-”

 

“Or I’m right and you should stop worrying too much,” Himchan said sternly.

 

Daehyun thought this was rather ironic, considering how Himchan probably worried more than the rest of them and over the most random and ridiculous things, but because he wanted to believe his words so badly, he decided to shut up.

 

“We’re nearly there,” he mumbled, having spotted the café Youngjae had mentioned earlier.

 

Himchan nodded and ushered everyone inside, the six of them soon sitting down at a table in the corner. Daehyun looked at Youngjae, who was seated straight across from him, and smiled to himself when he saw the other laughing over something Jongup seemed to have said. He always loved Youngjae’s smile, and laugh. And, well, everything else, but he was even more beautiful when he smiled. Oh, and when he had that eye thing going on. Then again, that wasn’t so much beautiful as it was a great way to make Daehyun want to tear his clothes off.

 

He sighed softly and picked up a menu, mumbling just loud enough for Himchan, who was next to him, to hear. “Maybe you’re right,” he admitted, “but it’d be nice if he’d show it me sometimes. At least Yongguk is always nice to you.”

 

He noticed the older looking at him from the corner of his eyes, but focused on the words in front of him instead. Food should cheer him up, at least.

 

“Maybe he just needs a little incentive,” Himchan suddenly murmured in his ear.

 

Before he could ask him what he meant, he felt fingers under his chin and lips against his cheek, leaving a long kiss so close to his mouth that it must look like an actual kiss to anyone else.

 

He gaped at Himchan when he pulled back, but the other only smirked at him and turned to his own menu, not paying any attention to the shocked faces of everyone at the table. Poor Junhong actually looked like he was going to faint.

 

Daehyun fixed his eyes on Youngjae, who seemed to be fuming and was clutching his own menu so tightly that his knuckles had turned white. A smirk spread across his face and he his lips lewdly, chuckling to himself when Youngjae blushed and pretended he was studying the menu intently. Maybe, just maybe, Himchan had been right, about everything.

 

 

A/N: I promise Yongguk and Youngjae will appear more from now on! Next chapter will feature an interview, so there'll definitely be a bit more of everybody then. I should mention that I'll be going to the UK for two weeks, starting tomorrow, though I'll do my best to write while I'm there too. I don't intend for this to be very long, by the way (here's to hoping I can stick to that...), but plenty should happen. Whether it's all good, we'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for the comments, upvotes and thank you to the subscribers! You all kind of make my day.

Also: how excited is everyone for B.A.P's world tour?? If you live anywhere close to where they're going, of course. >.> I'm just hoping they'll come to Europe when I can actually go (though I'm tempted to adjust any other plans I've got if needed XD).