The Story

Save Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
SAVE ME

If people said love is blind, love is forever, I just can say it is bull. Love also has expired date, like a product made by heart. The times when you’re falling in love is its production date and when suddenly feel enough with the person you loved that is the expired date.

 

Then love is not better than a product.

“It’s enough for me.” He coldly faced the girl in front of him. No matter how hard the girl apologized and cried for him, his heart didn’t budge an inch.

He turned his heels and walked away from the girl.

“Yongguk a... BANG YONGGUK!” The girl still was calling for him. But Yongguk didn’t turn back. Never.

..........................................

 

“Hyung, again?” Daehyun sat on the sofa beside Yongguk who just enter the dance studio.

“Leave me alone.” Yongguk who was in the bad mood just swung his hand to shush Daehyun from bothering him. Daehyun almost fell from the sofa to avoid it.

 

“Did you break up again with Jinmi?” Himchan who was after shower came in with a wet hair and towel at his neck. Daehyun gave Himchan a signal; ‘DON’T ASK. He is in bad mood.’

“So it’s true?” Himchan didn’t bother to follow the signal.

 

Yongguk stood up and walked. Himchan followed him constantly to their work room.

“What’s again this time?” Himchan still tried to annoy Yongguk ‘till he answered his question.

“She lied to me.” Yongguk doodled on his music sheet, didn’t know what to do with it.

“Well, it’s not new information anymore.” Himchan sat on the table to face him.

“This time is a real end. Nothing more.” Yongguk gave a tone that forced Himchan not to ask anything more.

“What happened to you recently? You are acting weird since our first album’s preparation.” Himchan didn’t bother the warning. “Just because our album title is First Sensibility, it doesn’t mean you need to be oversensitive on things.”

Yongguk kept his mouth unopened. He didn’t answer.

 

“Why do you hate people lying to you?”

“I just hate it.” Once again Yongguk answer with a short answer.

“I never saw people hate something without any reason. I don’t see any harm with Jinmi didn’t say where she went. She is not a child. You’re being extreme.” Himchan shook his head and walked out the room.

 

Once Himchan vanished from the room, Yongguk released his sigh. He leaned on the chair. Closed his eyes and prayed inside his heart.

Save me, Cheonsa.

..............................................

Yongguk clearly acknowlegde that he had been acting weird these days. What happened to him?

What month is it now?

Is it near the anniversary yet? Ah maybe that was why.

 

Nowadays many things reminded him to someone. Started from their title song. A nickname that he had already burried down inside his mind long time ago.

 

“Yongguk a... Mianhae. It’s my fault. I won’t lie to you anymore.”

Yongguk read the short message incoming to his phone and ignored it. It’s just one of many messages that Jinmi sent for the nth times.

 

“Answer me, don’t ignore me. I hate it when you are being like this. “

One message came again. This time Yongguk answered it.

“Then you also know that I hate when you lie. “

 

“I can’t understand why you really hate it. I just don’t understand you. I didn’t cheat on you in case if you are suspicious on me.”

 

“Well, isn’t it good that we already broke up now? It is end. You don’t need to deal with person like me, someone who keep asking you to say truth. “

 

“You are really spiteful, Bang Yongguk. I don’t know how I could fall in love with you. “

It’s the expired date between Yongguk and Jinmi.

 

Yongguk felt so helpless toward this. He was also broken but he couldn’t avoid the situation.

Save me, Cheonsa. Yongguk slid on behind the door, grabbed his phone tight.

......................................................

“Yongguk a, do you know why I called Cheonsa?” The girl in his age wore a white dress tried to take pictures of the sky with her hands.

“Why?”

“Because I belong to the sky. Actually I was a fallen angel who being punished by God. He told me to befriend with you and help you being a good boy.”

 “Really?” Yongguk showed a blank expression between believing the fact or not.

 

“You always want to know where I live, right.” Yongguk nodded.

“But you can never visit it, because my home is in the sky.” The girl gave a serious look. “You want to come to my house?”

“How can I come to the sky? Can you fly us to the sky?”

 “Well...” The girl pretended to think. “Ah...I forget if I want to bring you to my house, you must die. You still want to come?”

 

Yongguk slowly stepped back. Even though he’s being a kid, but he can sense something going wrong with the offer. He felt scared with her serious face. It looks like she told truth by looking her expression.

“I... I never knew that you are an angel. But I don’t want to die. Can we come to your house later?”

 

The girl grinned. “Bbongiya! Hahaha. You believe my lies, Kid.”

That was when Yongguk still believe everything, no matter how many times she made fun of him between her lies.

 

After growing up more, Yongguk and she were still seeing each other, as a friend. Of course Yongguk knew it already Cheonsa wasn’t Cheonsa as her said before. It was just one of another jokoes from her weird sense of humor and he already knew where she lived, not the sky.

 

“Hey, Yongguk a.” Cheonsa called Yongguk from his behind. Yongguk sat on his study table. Cheonsa played swinging her legs bored that Yongguk didn’t bother to play with her.

“Hemhhh?” Yongguk didn’t look at her.

“Yongguk a, if I said I love you, do you believe it?”

 

Yongguk stunned for a while, but then he shook his head.

“No, you absolutely are lying again. I won’t believe you anymore.” Knowing her bad habit to make fun of him, Yongguk persisted not to believe her lie or when she said something nonsense anymore.

“You don’t believe me anymore?”

“No...” Yongguk with a stern face continued to do his homework.

 

The girl who sat by proping her both arm on the bed stood and walked to Yongguk.

“I stop to believe you when you said you are a boy inside girl appearance. Allured me touch you and make my mother found us in a weird situation.”

 “You still hold a grudge for that? Come on. It’s just a joke.” Cheonsa nudged Yongguk’s elbow.

 “Stop that. I need to study!” Yongguk hissed low. He pissed off with Cheonsa’s disturbing act.

 

“You still try to accomplish your parent’s mission impossible?” Cheonsa grabbed a seat beside Yongguk.

 “Yeah. I need to so they will allow me to do what I want.”

 “But it’s impossible for you to rank first at school. If you said at class I still believe you can do it.” Cheonsa propped her head on her palm.

 “Nothing is impossible if I tried my best to reach it.” Yongguk answered quickly.

 

 “Is it right? Nothing is impossible? I think there is something impossible to reach out no matter how hard you tried to reach out.”

 

Suddenly the air around Cheonsa was different. Her expression became dark.  She leaned back on the chair.

Yongguk felt the changes. He turned to his side to check. “What do you mean? Are you okay?”

He tried to see what’s on her mind, but Cheonsa quickly covered it with a bright smile.

Yongguk didn’t ask further. If only he showed care more on her...

....................................................

 

“Next will be your turned to shoot. I want you to give mysterious vibe and try to be charismatic at the same time.” Stylish who in change on this photo shoot gave Yongguk a short briefing. Yongguk listened to it carefully, until someone tapped his shoulder. He turned to face his caller.

 

“Yongguk ssi¸ someone named Jinmi is searching for you, she is outside.” One of the photo shoot staff is the one who called him.

Yongguk’s gaze suddenly changed. “Tell her to go. Tell that I’m busy.”

“I have told her that, but she insisted to meet. I though she is lying that she know you personally but Himchan ssi said she really know you. That’s why I told you this.”

 

At first Yongguk was hesitated about it. He felt into silent but not long because another staff called him to go to photo shoot set. 

“It’s my turn. Sorry, but please tell her to go home.” Yongguk walked away without any further word.

The staff was left dumbfounded.

 

Yongguk took his place on the center of the set. He tried several pose under the photographer’s order. Even when his body moved to follow the order, but his mind was wondering around.

“Yongguk a, you know right that I’m right. There’s something possible to be impossible. It was him.”

Yongguk didn’t understand why lately he kept remembering his childhood’s friend, Cheonsa. It was a past, a thing that already done. Nothing more, but lately his mind didn’t give in on that reason.

 

Yes, it was her. The biggest reason that made Yongguk hate people lied to him, she was the reason. He hated it so much when Cheonsa lied to him. If only he knew it before that she was lying.

“I’m fine, Yongguk a.”

If only Yongguk knew that time sentence was a SOS calling, a word that need to be interpreted as ‘Save me.’ If only Yongguk aware that instead of stubbornly ignoring her so he could concentrate on pursuing his dream as a musician.

 

“It’s done. Good job, Yongguk ssi. You’re doing really well.” The photographer looked satisfied with Yongguk’s pose. Yongguk snapped on his wondering mind. He didn’t aware what he has done while wondering about Cheonsa and their past.

“Wow, hyung I know you always being mysterious figure, but I didn’t know that you can be more than just ordinary mysterious.” Daehyun who watched the photo shoot from side after his turn finished walked to Yongguk.

“Huh?” Yongguk absentmindedly looked at Daehyun.

 

“You’re amazing for being extremely mysterious. I don’t know what happen on your past when I looked on your pose and gaze.” Daehyun clapped.

 “What you are talking about, stupid. Don’t talk nonsense. I did my part only.” Yongguk pushed Daehyun lightly.

“He is right, Yongguk a. You are being really mysterious lately and even more today.” Himchan joined the conversation and slugged his arm on Yongguk.

“Not you too.” Yongguk shook his head and pried Himchan’s arm off his shoulder. He watched other member’s of BAP turn to take photo. Yes this is part of his dream, being musician.

 

“Hey, by the way Jinmi is still waiting you outside. Are you being serious not to meet her? It’s raining outside.” Himchan folded his arms on the chest while standing beside Yongguk.

Yongguk steal glanced on Himchan when the following said that, but he chose not to give it any thought.

“I wonder if she decided to use the umbrella I gave or not. She is being stubborn, like her ex-boyfriend.”

The last word kindly hit him a bit on heart. Yeah, he was labeled as ex-boyfriend now, nothing more. But why she still kept coming to see him.  Is it really raining outside? Is it hard?

 

“Oh my, you’re really drenched up. Is it still raining outside?” One of the staff came back from buying some needs, and the other one asked because seeing him, liked a cat came out from water.

“Yeah. Hard. The weather outside is !” The male staff answered while opening his jacket.

“I already told you to bring umbrella, right?” The other staff said. “You should change your clothes soon.”

“I though only a little rain doesn’t matter.” The male staff walked in. “By the way, there’s a girl outside standing under the rain. I don’t know what she is doing there. She didn’t say anything when I asked. I wonder if she is BAP’s fans or something.”\

 

That grabbed Yongguk’s attention again. Is it Jinmi?

“You should meet her for once, bro. She will be sick if you are ignoring her like this.” Himchan whispered to Yongguk.

“It’s not my problem anymore.” Yongguk walked away to the dressing room, but he kept stealing glances on the exit.

He couldn’t help for not being worried even though he pretended not to care about it.

 

“Yongguk a, is your part done?” His manager walked to Yongguk who want to open the dressing room. 

Yongguk was about to nod, but he thought another thing. “Hyung, is it all my work for today?”

“Yes, why?”

“Can I leave first? I need to go somewhere.”

“Okay...”

With that word from his manager, Yongguk quickly ran to exit door.

 

“Hey, at least changed your clothes first!” His manager tried to yell at him, but Yongguk didn’t hear it.

 

At the outside, Yongguk tried to search her figure. Rain really dropped hard outside. It was hard for him to see his surroundings. Dark and blur.

“Where is her?” Yongguk wiped the water on his face but it was useless, rain kept it wet. “Jinmi?”

 

Yongguk tried to call her, but he didn’t sure that she could hear that instead of rain sound.

“JINMI! HYUN JINMI!” He called harder and started to be panic.

Is she leaving already? Or something happen to her?

She was nowhere to be found. Maybe she is leaving already.

 

Yongguk stopped to call, just in time when he caught a sight of her. She was shivering under the rain. Her face looked pale and her lip was turning blue.

“This stupid girl... why she makes it harder for me.” Yongguk felt his heart clenched to see her condition.

 

No, their love story was not a fan fiction story. Their meeting was not fantastic or eventual like usual meeting in fan fiction. No main male character who being jerks then gradually being good to the girl he hated at first. No main female character who being

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter