Chapter 8

I Can Hear Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZwK-a1-ipk

I'm Sorry I Love You OST

============================================

The weather changed drastically. The sun rarely peeked out behind the clouds, and the temperature dropped significantly.

Winter was officially here.

Snow began to fall, and soon enough, school was out for the holidays.

It was a busy Christmas Eve night. Madam’s Coffee Bar was full of single men who needed desperate company on this warm holiday.

“Where’s my beer?!”

“Someone bring my rice wine!”

“Madam Lee, come here at once!”

“AHHH!” Minjoo’s aunt shrieked as she frustratingly grabbed her hair. Nana jumped and cursed while Shinhye slowly blinked as if she had just awoken. “Where the hell did that stupid girl go?! How dare she run away during the busiest time of the year!” Her aunt screamed. Nana rolled her eyes, popped her gum, and walked out of the kitchen.

“Where do you think she went?” Her aunt asked. She wasn’t the slightest bit worried about her niece. She was merely agitated that her free helper wasn’t around.

“Maybe she went on a date,” Shinhye spoke softly.

Her aunt disagreed. “That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. Who would want to date a mute girl?”

In one of the booths, the sinister man with dark, gleaming eyes and black attire gripped onto his shot glass. So she escaped with that boy, did she? Hmm…I’ll have to move my game up. I don’t want that rascal to get in my plans.

------

A shoulder lightly bumped against Minjoo, and she looked up to see Jongsuk walked ahead of her.

“Tag. You’re it.” He smiled and began running up the slope. Smiling, she dashed after him.

Earlier that day, Minjoo had snuck out of the house to spend time with Jongsuk. He had asked if she wanted to go see the snowy mountain, and being an admirer of snow, she agreed. She knew she would be in trouble once she went back, but she thought the risk was worth being with the person she loved on her favorite holiday.

The two of them ran to the very top where there was a flat plain covered with beautiful, crystal-like snow.

It was Winter Wonderland up here.

Jongsuk stopped in the middle of the flatland and held his arms out. He looked up at the darkened night sky, and his breaths came out in white puffs. Minjoo came to a stop beside him and followed his gaze upward. She smiled at him and mimicked his movement.

Jongsuk spun around to face her. “It’s pretty up here, isn’t it?” His eyes danced with excitement.

Minjoo beamed and nodded. I feel like we’re away from reality. It’s just the two of us in this magical world.

Jongsuk took her hand. “For now, it is just the two of us.” Minjoo liked the idea.

“Be careful though. If there’s a serial killer out here, we don’t have any help for miles. He’ll probably get you first though, because you’re a pretty girl,” Jongsuk kidded. Minjoo gasped and clutched tightly onto him. She uneasily glanced back into the dark woods and shuddered. Jongsuk laughed. “Just kidding! There’s no one out here but us two, and I highly doubt a killer is waiting there for us.”

Minjoo still wasn’t convinced. Was that a shadow of a man she had just seen?

Jongsuk put his arm around her and gently slipped his palm over her forehead. “Don’t worry, Park Minjoo. If anyone tries to harm you, I’ll protect you. Whoever wants to hurt you will have to get through me first.” Minjoo looked into his trustworthy eyes and finally released her tight hold on him.

Jongsuk chuckled and weaved his fingers through hers. He held their intertwined hands up and kissed the back of her hand softly. She blushed and looked at the floor so that he couldn’t hear the squeals in her mind. Jongsuk looked up at the sky again and sighed in content. “I’ve never experienced this before…”

Minjoo looked up at him in wonder. “This…feeling…” Jongsuk put a feeling over his heart. “I can’t describe it, but it’s real. It’s there. I always feel it…when I’m with you.” He gazed at her, trying to get his point across. “Do you know what I mean?”

Minjoo nodded softly and put a hand over her heart. I feel the same way when I’m with you.

Jongsuk smiled tenderly at her. He squeezed her hand and looked back up at the night sky. “It’s strange. I’ve never been so happy before in my life. I was always a prisoner because of my ability. You may call it a gift, but to me, it’s pure torture. I couldn’t believe anyone because I always knew what they were really thinking. Then I met you…and everything changed. This is the first Christmas I spend with someone special,” Jongsuk murmured.

Minjoo felt as if he was echoing her own thoughts. She considered herself extremely fortunate to have met Jongsuk. It was a miracle that he wanted to befriend someone like her. Lee Jongsuk was a miracle that she could never forget. He was the reason for her happiness and smile. Without him, her heart would die again in despair.

“Now that I found you…” Jongsuk gazed into her eyes. “I have a purpose to live. For once, I truly believe my ability is a gift. Thank you, Park Minjoo.”

Minjoo shook her head. She grasped his wrists and turned his body towards her. She gathered his hands and beamed up at his face. It’s me who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter