Chapter 29

I Can Hear Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TPyGOlkPZ8

Chen: Best Luck

=====================================

“Hold on, baby. Don’t go, okay? Stay with me. You can’t go. You can’t leave me. Keep breathing. Keep living. I’m begging you. Stay, Park Minjoo. I love you. I love you so much.”

Kai’s words sounded far away. His tears fell on her face, yet the wetness did not make her open her eyes.

“She’s having trouble breathing.”

“Her blood pressure is much too low.”

“We need more blood.”

There was tightness around her hand as his fingers desperately wrapped around it, as if clutching onto her would stop her from going into the after-life.

“PARK MINJOO! “

“Sir, you cannot be shouting like this. Please leave the room at once.”

No, no don’t make him go. Make him stay. But Minjoo felt his hand wrenching from her grasp. He continued to call her name. She wanted to reach out to him. She wanted to answer his beckoning.

But she couldn’t.

She simply couldn’t.

Her head swum and she was plunged into a world of darkness again.

When she opened her eyes this time, she was in a vast meadow.

The sky was blue, and there were fluffy clouds floating above her. Minjoo looked around in awe. Where am I? This place is so beautiful. She traveled further and came upon a large, sturdy tree. The branches shielded her from the sunlight. She rested against the trunk and closed her eyes. Peace overwhelmed her. She had never felt so calm before. Her lips curved upwards into a smile. She wished she could stay like this forever.

A gentle, light breeze drifted past her, stirring the locks of her hair and tickling her skin.

Her eyes slowly opened, and astonishment crossed her face. “Lee Jongsuk…”

Minjoo gasped.

Had she just said those words out loud?!

Minjoo cupped her hands over with her eyes wide in shock.

She had just spoken! She could speak now!

That mean…that meant…she was no longer alive.

Minjoo lowered her hands with a stunned expression. It just occurred to her that she could be dead.

A person who should be in the hospital shouldn’t be here.

A person who had never spoken before shouldn’t be able to speak now.

And a dead person shouldn’t be alive smiling gently at her right now.

Minjoo gazed sadly at him. “I’m dead, aren’t I?” She whispered.

Jongsuk smiled wordlessly at her. Then he pulled her into his arms and held her securely.

The feeling of his arms felt so natural and real. She closed her eyes and savored his embrace.

“You did well, Park Minjoo. You were so brave. You were like a hero unlike any other. I’m so proud of you.” Jongsuk her hair comfortingly.

Minjoo sighed softly as she wrapped her arms around his waist. “You were the real hero. You saved me. Although it’s sad…that I won’t be able to see the others again…I’m glad it’s all over.”

“It’s not all over though,” Jongsuk said.

Minjoo pulled back and stared at him in confusion. “I’m dead though. That means it’s all over.”

Jongsuk smiled softly and curled a tendril of her hair behind her ear. “You can’t die yet, Minjoo. You’re too young…and you have too many things to do on earth. Besides, you left him behind. Don’t you want to go back?”

Minjoo thought about Kai, and she began to panic.

“If you come with me now…imagine how devastated he’ll be. He misses you…just as much as you miss him…” Jongsuk tenderly her cheek.

Minjoo looked at him and softened with guilt. “What about you?” She whispered.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter