Chapter 13

I Can Hear Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIfB2_hEpKc

Vixx: Eternity

======================================

The sun stretched into the bedroom, and the warmth stirred Minjoo awake. She opened her eyes and just lay with a empty expression.

Jongsuk’s arms were still around her. He had not let go of her since last night’s disturbing incident.

Her mind remained blank for two more minutes until the previous night’s event replayed in her memories.

Her body grew tense, and she started to panic.

Jongsuk felt her stiffen and woke up. He looked down to see her eyes wide with apprehension. He ran his hand down her hair, and her eyes flickered towards him. He could hear her wild, anxious thoughts floating everywhere. “You’re okay. You’re safe. He can’t hurt you while I’m here,” Jongsuk whispered. He could feel her heartbeat slowing down, and she released a shaky breath. Her body eventually went limp against his body, and he tightened his arms around her.

“Don’t be afraid, Minjoo. You have me. I’ll protect you.” Jongsuk softly kissed her forehead.

Minjoo nestled against him and placed her hand over his heart. His strong heartbeat made her own frantic heartbeat settle down, and she calmed down at once. Jonguk pulled back and cupped her chin to look into her eyes. I’m okay, she told him. He smiled tenderly and pressed his lips against her forehead while drawing her close.

Minjoo placed her hand on the side of his waist and closed her eyes. She wished she could stay like this forever. It felt so secure and peaceful in his arms that she never wanted to leave them.

The grumbling of her stomach made both their eyes pop open.

Minjoo sheepishly looked away and then slapped her hands over her face in embarrassment.

Jongsuk chuckled and tickled her sides. “I guess there are some things that can’t be stopped.”

Minjoo spread her fingers slightly to meet eyes with him. I’m embarrassed.

“Don’t be. It’s time we got up anyways.” Jongsuk lightly knocked the end of his nose against her hand before getting up.

Minjoo curled on her side and gently smoothed her hand over his pillow. She stayed like that for a couple minutes until she could smell coffee and scrambled eggs. She climbed out of bed and walked into the kitchen. Jongsuk placed toasted bagels on the plate and used the spatula to cook the scrambled eggs.

For a moment Minjoo pretended that this was her life. She would wake up blissfully in arms of Jongsuk. He would wake up and make breakfast for her. They would start their day together and come back home at night to be in each other’s arms again. If only this was reality, she would have no more reasons to worry.

Minjoo walked up to Jongsuk and wrapped her arms around his waist from behind.

Jongsuk looked over his shoulder and smiled. “You should have stayed in bed. I could have brought breakfast to you.”

Minjoo shook her head and pressed her cheek against his back. He felt warm and secure, and she never wanted to let him go.

Jongsuk, not minding at all that she was holding onto him, continued to make breakfast. Once he was done, they sat at the table and enjoyed the meal he had made.

“Tell me the truth, Park Minjoo. Seeing me like this…confirms that I’ll be a good husband in the future, right?” Jongsuk asked. Minjoo giggled.

“Don’t just laugh! Look into my eyes and tell me!” He tilted his head to make eye-contact. She looked into his eyes. You would be the best husband, Lee Jongsuk.

His eyes softened as he smiled sincerely. “One day, I’m going to be your husband, Park Minjoo.”

You would really want to be my husband? Minjoo asked.

Jongsuk placed his hand over hers. “Of course. I love you.”

Minjoo slipped her hand over his and gave it a squeeze. I love you, too.

Jongsuk smiled and pressed her hand against his cheek. She his skin with her thumb and gave him a grateful smile. Thank you for being my miracle. You’re the only reason why I can smile.

Jongsuk squeezed her hand. Don’t worry, Park Minjoo. I’ll always be here making you smile. You saved me from my dark life, and that’s the least I can do to thank you.

-------------------------------------

Minjoo spent the rest of the day with Jongsuk. When night fell, she decided to return home. As much as she wanted to stay with Jongsuk, she had to go back or her aunt would become furious. Jongsuk held her hand as he walked her to the front of his apartment.

“Minjoo,” he looked at her with worry. “You don’t have to go. Just stay with me.”

She softly shook her head. I can’t. My aunt is still my legal guardian.

“I wish you wouldn’t leave,” Jongsuk whispered.

Minjoo attempted a convincing smile. I’ll be fine. I’ll call you once I get there.

Jongsuk gripped tightly onto her hand. “Let me walk you home.” Minjoo shook her head. I can go alone.

“Minjoo-“

I’m really okay. I’ll call you, she promised with an assuring smile.

Jongsuk gave in with a sigh. “Fine. I’ll be waiting. If you don’t call me within the hour, I’m coming for you.”

Minjoo smiled and nodded. She waved and walked away.

He watched her with an uneasy heart. Why did he have such a bad feeling about her going alone?

------------------------------

Minjoo approached Madam’s Coffee Bar. As she came closer, her footsteps became more wary and slow. Her clammy hands balled into tight fists, and she took several breaths to ease the sickness in her stomach. Minjoo stopped just a few meters away and looked at the building. This place had not felt like home in the first place, but still, she had never felt more fearful or repulsed by it. She wanted to go running back to Jongsuk, but she knew that should not happen. She didn’t want to worry Jongsuk anymore. You can do this. Be strong. He’s probably gone. You’re all right.

Minjoo exhaled and boldly stepped inside. She spotted Nana and winced.

“Well, well, well. Look who decided to return.” Nana popped her gum with a disapproving glare. “You’re lucky your aunt isn’t here right now. You better hope she’s in a good mood when she gets home, or you’re in big tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter