If I were you (CL) Part 1

2ne1 Shorts *HIATUS*

It's time. It's time to choose. Between me and all this.” Chaerin could feel the pressure choking her. He has never done something like this before. And she didn't know where it was coming from. But the past few days have been full of these discussions, about her leaving with him to go to Europe and staying there.

 

My life is here. Why do we need to leave? My music is here. I work here.” she didn't want to sound like she was pushing him away. She just didn't understand why they had to change their plans. He wouldn't give any reason why. It was just his way or no other way.

 

I don't want to stay here. It's too inconvenient to live in Korea and work all across Europe. If we live there you can still do music. But not like this of course.” he sounded recentful. She couldn't understand what was wrong. It was as if he was trying to keep the bile from coming up. The bitterness however was still showing.

 

I love you. But I can't leave.” her family had returned to Korea, as she had insisted that they could all live comfortably here now. She could provide for them and things were not going to change, they'd have each other. And things were looking up for her sister, her parents were happy seeing relatives often. And she was all but in love with both work and James.

 

He's amazing, he lived for fashion and so did she, for the longest time. He was dazzling and she was spectacular, together they were trendsetters. She did it with music, he did it with couture. She never thought they would disagree on anything. But it turns out that she was wrong, very wrong.

 

You just don't want to leave YG.” he almost spit it out. He was angry and she didn't know why.”

 

Of course I don't want to leave YG. I just renewed my contract, I am a composer, an artist. And I owe them a lot.” she could be herself when she's in YG. She could be CL, Chaerin and she can even be Faith. All those sides of her was accepted by people in YGE and she didn't need to pretend to be someone else around them. She could make great music with Teddy, Jiyong, Youngbae and Daesung. The Seunghyuns still do music but only as Big Bang. They were more focused now on the acting line.

Yang Hyun suk has unofficially retired. He still owned the company but Jiyong was running it. And things were growing exponentially. Jiyong was throwing every piece of creativity into the company. He was after all, recovering from a broken heart.

 

She didn't realize that she would have to join him soon. “If you are not going with me, then I am leaving without you.” She gasped when the words dawned on her. She was being made to choose between two great loves. The man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with or the life she wanted to share with him as well as the music she wanted to share with everyone.

 

I love you.” was all she could say, she could barely get the words out. “But how....how can you ask me...to choose.”

 

I am not going to play second place to your ambition anymore. We can't start a family if I am thousands of miles away and you are here rapping your way to oblivion. Your time is almost up. You don't matter in this industry anymore. 2Ne1 is DONE. Your sisters have all moved on except for you.” It was true. Dara was acting now. Bom was singing lullabies for little Senji and even Minzy was training their new groups. She was the only one still actively performing. And she was getting less and less chances to do that. That was why she decided to be more active in making music. She was great at it and it was the most logical next step. “So before all that happens, you need to leave this all behind. Use whatever's left of your fame and end this with a flourish. Then be with me, just be mine and no one else's.”

 

I can't leave.” She was home. In YGE and in Korea. She's done so much to be able to call it that. And having someone tell her that she had to leave was out of the question. It was easy for him, not having any family to speak of and no real permanent space. She didn't want to live in hotels all her life, as they would probably have to because of the nature of his job.

 

Then stay. Stay and regret it.” He turned around and she slowly melted to the floor, her watery legs not being able to hold her up.

 

Kajima.” she muttered before she burst into tears. She was right where she started, in their old training room, filled with memories of struggles and triumphs. She sniffed and looked around. She would have to train herself to live without him.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

A/N: Yesterday was D-DAY1 for the ALL or Nothing Tour. OMG the feels!~ I am hoping that my friends and I can get sky seats for May17. Huhuhuhu. But regardless of where we would be heading, I still want to Nolja like crazee with my fellow blackjacks. <3