Dara's Mind

2ne1 Shorts *HIATUS*

Not again.” she sighed. He was making a fool of himself again.

She knew it was his way of trying to make himself feel better. Sometimes it works on her. But this time, she was determined not to let it disturb her. She had to take care of herself this time. It was her time to make sure that all her hardwork is going to pay off.

 

A future with him was not clear. It made sense to some people. But for her, logic doesn't make sense when she is in his arms. He could pull on her and it would undo all the preparation, break down all of the defenses she put up to keep her from faltering.

 

Love is blind.” he would post things like that, knowing full well it would come up on her feed and she would sense that things were not peachy on his side. And she would usually send him a message to tell him about that she's there if he needs someone to talk to.

 

They've been pushing and pulling on each other. She's just had enough.

Perhaps turning 30 made her face facts. It's not like he would do anything that would assure her that she was the one.

 

Sandy. Miss you.” she read the message with a smile. This one was sweet. He was gentleman enough not to bother her when she's with someone. But always, like he had a mole in YG, he would send her a message when the coast was clear. She didn't want to encourage him. He made sure to be physically within reach hoping that they could be together and people could speculate about them. But Dara had her fill of public relationships and love teams. She's gotten her heart broken publicly once. She was not going to let that happen again.

 

But she's had her heart broken by the same man over the past years. She had to get a new pattern. She poured her heart in their new album. And she plans to dance and sing her worries away. It was time to play, not with her heart but with the idea of being single and happy.

 

Her sisters were paired up and happy for it. Their maknae surprised them with her choice. But even Minzy was willing to risk her heart. She wanted to tell her dongsaeng not to date someone from the same company. Especially not someone whose future was still yet to be determined. But Minzy spoke no truer words when she said, “If I wait for the time when the world discovers his charms without snatching him up, I would regret it. I want him to be a part of my life for the rest of it, why would I wait to start being with him if I know I would end up with him anyway?”

 

Noona, your voice is so beautiful. Thank you for the album.” she's sent him a copy of the CD and she's signed it too. She knew he couldn't get one on his own without causing speculation. He had expressed that he was still going to buy it online to help with the digital sales. And that he would give his brothers a gift of a CD each so that they could listen to his noona's voice. Xiumin had wanted a copy just like Chanyeol and she's promised to sign their CDs if they would ask their manager to send the CDs to sign. She is thinking all the 2ne1 members could sign them as a bonus.

 

I heard you gave Yeol a copy of your CD. T_T What about me?” the Kakaotalk message made her smile again. He was being cute again. She still didn't send him a message. Donghae would not let her sleep again if she replied to his message.

 

Did you like the song?” this question disarmed her. She didn't want to tell him that she was overwhelmed by the fact that she had a song dedicated for her in secret. The only other person who has made that kind of song for her was Yongbae and Jiyong. Yonghwa didn't want to announce it. But he had sent her a copy of their album with a note that said “Check this out. It's for you.” and he drew a small heart to mark the number of the track. The silver heart make her wonder and she played the song. Her heart felt the song was meant for her. She even cried at the lost feeling, that distant feeling that Jiyong used to envoke in her.

She touched the tip of her ear, as if feeling his fingers rubbing it.

 

I can't.” she pressed her fisted hand on her chest and wished the twinge would go away. “I can't...”

 

Be happy and forget me. I hope you’re H A P P Y” his Kakaotalk message nearly broke her.

 

I will. I am.” She replied.

I will be...eventually.

 

 

+++++++++++++

A/N : Guys! Dara did a cameo for the finale episode of You Who Came from the Stars. 15 seconds resulting to 50% of the rating that hit 72.1% Fuwahaha.