GUDO to You

2ne1 Shorts *HIATUS*

 

He was waiting for her, his back leaning at the wall. The hallway was unusually empty at 11pm. People usually walked in and out of the recording studio just to take a peek of what the girls were doing. But he didn't have the confidence to do that. He had something to tell Dara but he couldn't get the words right in his head. And there was enough bad blood between them to add more by saying the wrong thing. But this couldn't wait. This song needed to be sung.

He had begged Hyun-suk sajangnim to let him add this to the Crush album. He wanted to show everyone just how much she's changed since the last full album. Chaerin and the other girls definitely agree that it was time for her to sing a song that could expose her more as a singer and not just as the personality or face of the group.

 

He smirked when he remembered the song's message. She would definitely think it's ironic. It was his apology. But basically all he wants if for her to remember him every time she sang her parts.

 

Why do good girls like bad boys?
Why do bad boys like bad girls?

 

She would find that he knew exactly how she felt when she was overwrought by his behavior.

 

I believed it when you said you loved me
I wanted to believe that you were different from other guys
Like a fool, I gave you my heart
Because of you I’m
Locked in a deep sadness
Swallowing my tears alone
Did it have to be me?
Why did you do that?
Was it a sin to love you?
Why am I the only one hurting?

 

It was not to tell her that he was going to do better. It wasn't possible for him to do that. Not now, at least, because she's decided to be with someone else.

 

Cuz I was good to you
I just can’t cut you out
Maybe I was too good for you
It’s no use being good

 

She didn't give up on him. He gave up on himself a long time ago. No matter what she did, he couldn't get over his insecurities and always ended up hurting her.

 

Chaerin opened the door and was surprised to see him there. “What are you waiting for?”

He went in sheepishly and greeted everyone there. Teddy-hyung was teasing Dara about something. Sandara laughed at something he said and the laughter hit Jiyong on the gut.

She's happy without me. He heard “Happy” in his mind and it hurt him. It hurt that it would be true for him now.

Without you, I’m not happy but I hope you’re happy
I’ll watch over you from far away
Without you, I’m not happy but I hope you’re happy
I’ll push back all of the memories

Be happy and forget me
I hope you’re H A P P Y
Be happy and forget me
I wish you’re H A P P Y

If at least you’re happy, it’s a happy ending
I’m not being sarcastic, I hope you know I mean it

He heard that it was Hae this time. Yonghwa tried to make a play for her. Made a song for her too. But no one can make a more real song than him. They were all nice guys who could get her to pay attention for a bit. But she knew that she preferred someone who doesn't pay that much attention to her.

 

Or at least that was before. She changed her mind recently. He thought it was just another one of those moments when she would just want to get some space from his protectiveness. But she was furious about something that she found out. While he was busy with the new album he went out to have some fun. A bit too much fun again. He found himself in a bed that wasn't his or hers.

An empty hotel bed. Which smelled like someone else's perfume filling the air. He had gotten out of there easily enough. No one from his side would have found out about it. He didn't even tell the other guys. But YG knew about it, for sure. The sajangnim had called him out about his behavior in the past. “You have more to loose this time. I plan to make her and the ladies so big that they would be as untouchable as you are.” That was the promise that he had been waiting for. Once 2ne1 could stand any scandal, they could reveal that they were dating. And that Jiyong wanted to marry Dara soon after his military service is over. It was all about easing everyone to the idea. He's been talking about having a family for the longest time. It was all to be able to prepare his fans for his future plans of proposing to her.

But that ring is never going to be worn by anyone. He sighed. The meeting started as he gave the tablets around and they all looked at the assigned parts. Everyone was very keen on making sure all of them sang a lot in each of the songs. That was what CRUSH would be remembered for. That 2ne1 is equal among four singers.

When it was Sandara's time to sing, Jiyong was afraid that he would be to harsh to her. But when she began to sing. He was blown away. She sang it from a place that he never thought existed, from a darker side of her heart.

And he felt like his heart was breaking all over again.
After this album drops, people would recognize her more. And there would be more competition to her heart.

A heart he once had but he did not take care of.

That's it.” He played the song for them to hear.

He felt like crying. He couldn't though. He didn't have a right to. It was all his fault anyway.

Maybe I was too good for you.

It cut like a knife. But it was the truth of it.


++++++
A/N: DARAGON is the ship that for me will continue to sail until GD marries another woman and Dara is the mother of another man's child. Only then would I stop shipping them. 

ctto Daragon fanpage