Chapter Fourty- Six (E)

Secretly a Girl

Chapter Fourty- Six

Its All Over

The weather got very hot, very quickly making the soccer team start practicing outside. Daniel was having trouble, as practice got longer with more intense training. He had trouble breathing “Come on Daniel, you can run laps with these guys” The coach shouted. Daniel nodded and continue running back and forth the field training harder than ever.

The soccer team was starting to feel the pressure from the coach and school board. Even the Mrs. Oh club was putting in a lot of money into a grand event to raise money for all school clubs. The team would have to play an amazing game and win. They were putting in all there hours during the day to practice. Winning was the main key, especially since they lost last year.

Daniel looked around and saw the guys taking off their shirts. He wanted to take off his shirt like the rest of the guys but he couldn’t without being expose as a girl. The coach asked to partner up “Luhan!” Daniel called for. Luhan held Daniel legs while Daniel did fifty sit ups.

Daniel started to lack off, the coach notice and told Daniel to do another fifty sit ups properly. Luhan helped by holding onto Daniel hand pulling his body weight. It made it easier for Daniel “You sure are sweating a lot” Luhan joked and Daniel glared.  Luhan was hoping he could soon see Daniella after practice “Hey do you know what type of movie your sister likes?” Luhan goes onto his back and does his turn of fifty sit ups as Daniel held on to his legs.

“She is definitely a sci-fi girl” Daniel chuckle. He remembers the day when he and Sehun spent a whole weekend just watching ‘Doctor who’ marathon. “Yeah she goes to comic conventions all the time. Anything but romance, comedy, documentary movies” Daniel points out.

“Really! That’s great, she is going to love the Guardians of the Galaxy movie” Luhan was now excited but he couldn’t help but feel more in love. The girl he loves also has the same interest. No sacrificing to see romance movies or eat health vegan food. ‘Thank god she is not a romance movie fanatic I don’t think I can stay still for two hours watching a movie like that’ Luhan thought.

After working on the abs the guys were doing squats across the field. The coach wanted everyone to be in top shape for the game next week, which they forgot about lunch and continue to work out. Everyone was so focus in training and working hard. After working out everyone split into two teams and played a game.

“Guys” Daniel stop running. Daniel continue to cough, he notice the blood when he was coughing. Daniel gasp from shock, he falls to the ground trying to breath. Luhan notice Daniel on the ground and went running towards him first. Daniel vision gets blurry as he soon then blacks out from the lack of oxygen.

“Coach” Luhan yells getting everyone's attention.

Taemin runs to Luhan and notice Daniel on the ground. Taemin pushes Luhan away ‘Her strap must to tight’ Taemin rips the Daniel shirt exposing the wrap that covers her chest. He then pulls on the strap around her chest, loosening it.  “ she is still not breathing” Taemin curse. Taemin starts to do chest compressions and then blow air into Daniel mouth.

There were gasp and whispers as the team looks at Daniel.  “Daniel is a girl” Someone shouts making the coach look at Daniel more. Luhan tried to get pass the crowd of people but his friends held him back. Luhan was curious ‘Daniel is not a girl, I would know my own roommate was a girl’ Luhan thought.

Daniel finally gasp for air, he turns onto his side coughing. Daniel pants like crazy, he tries to get himself up but collapse onto the ground. Daniel didn’t notice his chest was exposed, he still felt hot. The coach bites his lips “Someone give me a shirt” The coach yells. Taemin pulls his shirt over his head and covered Daniella exposed shirt. “Get him… or her to the nurse office” The coach commanded.

Luhan watch and was shock that Daniel was a girl. Luhan did not make the connection between Daniel and Daniella until he saw the ring he gave to Daniella on a chain around Daniel’s neck. “What is going on” Luhan was speechless as he watches Taemin carry Daniel away.

“Luhan Daniel is Daniella. I’m not sure why she didn’t tell you. Even when you’re in a relationship; however, she had a really good reason why she did this” Kris tried to calm Luhan.

“I need to go” Luhan pushed through his friends and followed Taemin who carried Daniella to the nurse office. ‘This whole time my friend and my girlfriend was the same person’ Luhan was feeling angry ‘How can she not tell me and tell our friends’ what was worse was that Luhan felt betrayed.

Taemin carries Daniel into the nurse office and place her on the exam bed “Doctor” The coach shouted. The doctor came running out of his office we the nurse behind him “He or she passed out during practice” The coach informed.

The nurse started to set up the machine to check Daniella’s vital signs “Dehydrate and lack of oxygen” The doctor informs “Get the IV set up and I will get the oxygen” The doctor ordered. The doctor got a mask for Daniella so she could breathe more easily. The nurse place the IV in and hung the plasma-lyte bag over Daniella’s bed “We both know who we need to call” The Doctor said and the coach sighed.

“To bad she was the greatest player on the team” The coach shook his head. The Doctor went back to his office and called the principle and informed a student was dressing up as a male student. It was then the Principal's job to call the parent of the student.

When Daniella open her eyes she felt uneasy. Slowly Daniella removed the mask and sat up. Her eyes widen “m-mom” Daniella knew that her secret was out ‘It’s all over” Daniella’s chest tightens.  Daniella looks around the room and sees her friends, the coach and Principal all looking at her. Daniella notice Luhan leaning against the wall looking down to the ground ‘Luhan’ Daniella calls his name in her head. They make eye contact for a split second until Luhan looks away.

Mrs. Oh goes to side of Daniella’s bed and hits her with a purse “How can you dress up as a boy and lie to everyone” Mrs. Oh kept hitting Daniella's head with her purse. Kris had pull Mrs. Oh away from Daniella “Explain yourself” Mrs. Oh asked.

“Yes please do explain why a girl of class will dress up as a male student” The principal stepped forward.

“I want to play soccer but how can I do that when there are no teams for girls. Yeah Eastern University had a girl team but when the budget was cut they decided to take the girls. I asked to try out for the guy’s team but the coach and guys just laughed in my face. They said that girls can never play like them, so that’s when I had the idea to be a guy and show them that a girl can also play soccer just like a guy. I got onto this team and I was able to play just like a guy. All I wanted was for us girls to have the right to play for the guys team” Daniella held her tears back.

“I’m Sorry but you can’t stay at this school anymore. You have broken so many rule and regulation. Be glade that we won’t be going to police charging you” The Principal left the room with the coach who shook his head. The coach didn’t want Daniella to leave, she was a great part of the team.

“My daughter a feminist, don’t worry Hun I will talk to the principal” Mrs. Oh kiss the top of Daniella head and went out to talk to the principle. Daniella took the pillow and screamed in it ‘All my hard work is gone’ Daniella lifts her head up and notice her friends looking at her.

“When were you going to tell me?” Daniella looks to see Luhan looking at her with angry. “How is it that everyone else knew except for me? I mean I am your boyfriend and you best friend” Luhan fist ballad up ‘I thought we told each other everything’ Luhan looks away.

“Luhan please understand, I didn’t know when a great time it was to tell you was. And the other found out by accident, they understood and promised me to keep my secret. Luhan I was going to tell you” Daniella started to get teary.

“Come on guys we should let them talk alone” Kris order and everyone left Daniella and Luhan alone.

“How long have we known each other? How long have we been going out?” Luhan asked, Daniella sat silent. “do you know what I am feeling right now? Betrayed. I love you but you don’t love me to tell me the truth” Luhan turn around.

“Luhan please I do love you and I was going to tell you” Daniella tried to convince Luhan but he left the room slamming the door. “No Luhan” Daniella couldn’t the bed she was still hooked up to the IV “Nurse!” Daniella called. Hoping she can catch Luhan.