Chapter Forty-Five (E)

Secretly a Girl

Chapter Forty-Five

Dinner with Mr. and Mrs.Xi

Daniella fiddled with her dress as she looked at herself in the mirror. “I don’t want to wear this” Daniella complained. Daniella was wearing a white dress that was short at the front and long at the back. It was covered in lace and jewels, it wasn't Daniella's style at all. “Can’t I wear something black or red?” Daniella pleaded but Leo just laughed.

“You’re going to dinner with extremely high class people” Leo pointed out. “Don’t you want Luhan’s parents to love you?” Leo asked. Daniella looked at herself in the mirror. ‘This is what probably they want for Luhan, a girl who's high class’ Daniella told herself. “Wear these” Leo passed her a pair of silver shoes.

Daniella's friend Kayla helped with Daniella's wig, while Ashley helped with the makeup. “I haven’t seen you like this since your mother got married” Ashley said.

“Guys what if they hate me even when I'm like this?” Daniella was scared that the guy she loves wouldn't be with her without his parents' approval.

“Come on Daniella, Luhan said he would give up everything to be with. He doesn’t care if his parents like you or not. It'll only be a bonus if they do” Kayla said as she took pictures of the rare moment. “Now smile please” Kayla asked. Daniella stuck out her tongue making Kayla frown.

Daniella's phone vibrated so she pulled it out and answered the call. “Okay I'll be down in a minute” Daniella hung up the phone and put it back into her purse. “Well, Luhan is outside waiting for me” Daniella smiled. The three of them looked out of the window and squealed, Daniella looked out and saw Luhan in a tuxedo leaning against the car.

“Omg! You guys make the cutest couple!” Kayla fanned herself. Daniella slouched her shoulders. “Stop that” Kayla slapped her friend's arm. “Now go down there and have great time!” Kayla commanded.

Daniella straightened her shoulders and went down the stairs and out of the front door. Kayla, Ashley and Leo all watched from the window. Luhan helped her down the front steps and opened the car door for Daniella. “Why can’t Taemin do that for me?” Ashley pouted.

In the car Luhan smiled. “You know, you're very pretty” Luhan tried to sweet talk her.

“Are you saying I’m not pretty when I don’t wear fancy dresses and lots of jewelry and makeup?” Daniella said making Luhan choke on air. “I’m kidding” Daniella pecked Luhan's cheek.

Luhan started the car and drove off. “Both parents are going to be there today” Luhan said making Daniella more nervous. “My dad is really nice so you don’t have to worry about him... however my mom is going to ask a million questions” Luhan was trying to prepare Daniella but he watched her fidget more and more.

“What if they don’t like me?” Daniella blurted.

Luhan pulled to the side of the curb so he could look at Daniella. “You come from the same type of family as me with money and a high status. That's all they care about Daniella, you're fine” Luhan kissed Daniella on the lips and rested his forehead on hers.

“If they don’t like me would you leave me?” Daniella's heart raced, her cheeks burned and it felt like she was about to burst into tears at any moment.

“Never, I'd love you even if your turned yourself into a guy” Luhan joked but Daniella froze. ‘Does he know?’ Daniella asked herself, she waited for Luhan to say something. “Smile, it was a joke” Luhan pinched Daniella's cheeks and started up the car again. Daniella smiled and quickly looked out of the window as she exhaled to calm herself down.

When they got to the house Luhan opened Daniella's car door for her and held out his hand. Daniella stepped out of the car and fixed her dress, they walked to the front door which Luhan unlocked. When the stepped inside Luhan called out for his parents. Daniella's heart raced when she saw Luhan's mother coming down the stairs.

Luhan's mother's dress was simple but she showed off her wealth with the heavy jewelry she had on her neck. “Welcome kids, Luhan your father is in the tea room” Mrs. Xi walked into the room next to the front hall. Luhan held onto Daniella’s hand as they walked into the tea room. Mr. Xi was on the couch reading his newspaper .“Dear, Luhan's girlfriend is here” Mrs. Xi said making Mr. Xi put down the paper.

“Ah Miss Oh am I correct” Mr. Xi asked, Daniella nodded. Luhan place his hand on Daniella back and pushed her forward “Nice to finally meet you, would you like a drink?” Mr. Xi ask.

“Whisky please” Daniella ask. Mr. Xi went to the bar and got Daniella her glass of whisky and Luhan’s favorite drink. Daniella and Luhan sat on the couch sipping their drinks. Luhan hand rub Daniella back making her a bit more relax.

“So how long have you two know each other?” Mr. Xi asked.

“Since September and we started to be more than friends in January” Luhan said and Daniella nodded.

The bell rang making Mr. and Mrs. Xi stand up “Dinner is served” Everyone headed to the dinner room table. Mr. Xi was at the front of the table, while Mrs. Xi was on his right side. Luhan sat next to his father left side with Daniella next to him. Maids came out with bowls of soup and place loafs of bread.

Daniella sip her soup quietly “So your family takes care of the hotel lines, I am correct” Mr. Xi asked.

“Yeah that’s my step father company, my mother company deals with line of clothes” Daniella said.

“So your father is not Mr. Oh the billionaire” Mr. Xi was interested of Daniella.

“Yeah but my mother family owns a line of cars, jewelry and fashion. She too is a billionaire” Daniella was a bit offended when Mr. Xi laughed “My father is millionaire too he own fashion line with models and magazines in England” Daniella was trying to tell her family is good as well.

“You mother probably married because her family money was falling apart. I see that a lot” Mr. Xi said.

“My mother remarried because I needed a father not money” Daniella let her soup drop into the bowl making a big clang “I would appreciate if you didn’t address me and my family harshly. As I know we can take out your whole family businesses in a matter of seconds. Tell me what you have against ME!” Daniella slammed her hands on the table.

“You were born out of wedlock” Mrs. Xi shouted leaving Daniella speechless.

Luhan didn’t know what to say but he could see how hurt Daniella was. Luhan wrapped his arm around Daniella waist “How can you say that to someone” Luhan couldn’t believe the way his parents was talking ‘Daniella I’m so sorry’ Luhan thought.

“Tell me Luhan why she is so much better than Suzy” Mr. Xi said.

Luhan felt like the world was against him and Daniella “It doesn’t matter because what I feel for Daniella is more than I ever felt for anyone in the world. Daniella is the only one who makes me happy and I want to spend the rest of my life with her” Luhan said making both his parents become speechless. Luhan felt Daniella step back and looks at her shock face.

‘Did Luhan just purpose to me’ Daniella had to repeat Luhan words in her head. “I-I n-need to go to the w-washroom” Daniella stutter, she quickly turn on her heels and walked out of the dining room table as fast as she can.

“See she just rejected you. Marry Suzy, please she will be the perfect wife” Mrs. Xi tries to convince her son that Daniella is not the girl for him. Luhan shakes his head and chases after Daniella ‘Please don’t leave me’ Luhan thinks has he tries to find Daniella.

“Maybe we should just let him be with Daniella. At least she is not poor and wants him for money” Mr. Xi felt disappointed that he acted that way toward Luhans girlfriend ‘It has been a long time since Luhan been genuinely happy’ Mr. Xi remember the struggle Luhan had in high school.

Daniella washed her face in the bathroom sink, she looks at herself in the mirror ‘Suzy is pregnant and now Luhan purposed to me. I don’t need this right now, I need to work on my dream’ Daniella thoughts were interrupted from a knock on the door.

“Daniella please open up, we should talk” Luhan stayed in front of the door until Daniella open the door. Luhan immediately hugs Daniella and keeps apologising “I’m sorry” Daniella loves the warmth Luhan gives and hugs Luhan tight.

“Not now Luhan” Luhan wants to look at Daniella but she hugs him tight not wanting to let go “We are too young and I have dreams to fulfill. It’s not you Luhan, I want you to know that I love you and I want us to stay like this for a little longer” Daniella pulls away she looks into Luhan’s eyes and starts to cry.

“I love you too and I am so sorry for putting you through this dinner” Luhan wipes Daniella’s tears. “Let me take you home” Luhan offered but Daniella shakes her head disagreeing.

“I want to stay here with you” Daniella pouts “It may be while we can be like this” Daniella could only think about the upcoming training she has to do for the finale game. “Please” Daniella fingers tangles with Luhans fingers. Luhan takes Daniella to his room and gets her clothes to stay for the night “Dinner ended early, can you get some food up here” Daniella asked.

Luhan laughed “Only you can still think about food” Luhan peck Daniella cheeks and went down to the kitchen where his father was sipping on his martini. “Daniella is hungry” Luhan went to fridge and got some containers of leftover food. He put it in the microwave and awkwardly stayed silent.

“Treasure her Luhan, if she is the only who can make you happy then make every moment the best” Mr. Xi said.

‘I know father’ Luhan smiled and got Daniella's food and headed up to his room. He open the door and see Daniella in his white t-shirt on his watching TV. Luhan heart flutters the way Daniella looks at him “My girl, your smile makes my day light up brighter than the stars shines the night sky” Luhan said making Daniella stick out her tongue.