Chapter Thirty-Four (E)

Secretly a Girl

Chapter Thirty-Four

New Year's Eve

 

A whole month had passed since Daniella's date with Luhan. Since then, Daniella hadn't really been herself. She stayed home all the time since it was Christmas break. She spent most of her time in bed not wanting to go out with her friends. Suzy told her that she had broken up with Luhan, So Daniella waited for that one phone call from Luhan, she would look out of the window waiting for him to pass by. As the days went by Daniella started to lose hope in Luhan, she started to feel lifeless.

One month since he told me to wait for him. Daniella kept thinking about Luhan's last words to her as she just laid in bed.  Daniella's friends looked at her, they quickly pulled her up from the bed “It’s New Year’s Eve and we're going out for drinks tonight” Leo slapped Daniella's .

Daniella headed to the bathroom to clean up. “Make sure you scrub yourself thoroughly, you smell!” Kayla shouted at Daniella. Daniella stripped down and stepped into the shower, she let the warm water hit her body. When she was done, she looked at herself in the mirror. I thinks it’s time. Daniella thought. She got dressed in casual clothes and headed to Sehun's room.

She heard the shower running, so she just walked in and as she did her eyes fell onto Sehun's bed. “Ahh!” Suzy's high pitched scream made Daniella stand right up. Suzy tried to  cover her body with the white bed sheets.

“God Suzy, it’s five in the afternoon and you’re still in bed” Daniella got off of the bed and grabbed a shirt off the floor and handed it over to Suzy.

“Look, it's great that Sehun took this month off to be with me, but when I have to go back to school Sehun is going to be traveling and dancing. We are trying to make this long distance relationship work. At least we get out of bed, shower and walk around unlike some people” Suzy crossed her arms as she judged Daniella.

Daniella took a pillow and wacked it across Suzy's face making her fall off the bed. Suzy quickly got up and took a pillow and threw it at Daniella. They had a play fight, laughing at each other. “At least I don’t have in the shower, kitchen, and living room. I’m surprised that you aren't pregnant” Daniella said making Suzy's mouth drop.

“Hey we use condoms every time, no need to have a child now” Sehun walked in with a towel wrapped around his waist. Suzy blushed and looked away when she saw Sehun's wet defined abs, Daniella threw the pillow at Sehun but he caught it with one hand. “Oh and Suzy, you look better without my shirt” Sehun winked making Suzy turn red.

Daniella gagged at the two of them. “Are you coming to the New year’s party with us or not?” Daniella closed her eyes when Sehun's towel fell to the ground. She quickly faced the door. God how many times do I have to go through this. Daniella thught about how many times she had caught Sehun with a girl . Once is bad enough. Daniella thought.

“I think we're going to spend it in here and maybe in the bathroom or the garage!” Sehun shouted, Daniella covered her ears.

“I’m going, I really don’t need to know where you will be having ” Daniella walked away. She took her phone out of her pocket, she didn’t know if she should text Luhan or not. I know you told me to wait but I think I’m going to try and move on. If you loved me you would have been at my doorstep the second you and Suzy were over. Daniella deletes everything of Luhan related on her phone. My dream is more important than a boy, I can’t forget about my dream. Daniella thought.

The day continued as Daniella joined her friends at an early dinner. They ate downstairs at the dining table talking about the night ahead. Afterwards, they got ready, they did each other's hair and makeup. Leo insisted on choosing everyone's outfits, Kayla fought back with Leo. It’s good to have the usual drama going on. Daniella thought as she saw Kayla telling Leo off and Ashley trying to break the two apart.

Daniella wore a teal/aqua dress that went up to her mid-thigh. The tight dress showed off Daniella's curves and flat stomach. She pinned half of her hair to one side and left the other half curled naturally. (dress) Ashley wore a tight black dress with red high heels and Kayla wore a white lace dress with matching gold accessories. Once everyone was ready they took a couple of shots in the kitchen and then headed to the club.

The music was blasting, everyone was enjoying the band playing the latest hits. Ashely saw Taemin across the room, she waved her hand and then went running towards Taemin. Ashley jumped into Taemin's arms as they then both kissed each other. “I still find their relationship weird” Kayla crossed her arms. Leo, Kayla and Daniella turned their heads to the side as they watched Ashley and Taemin kiss.“Do you think they will stop for some air?” Kayla laughed.

“I don’t know. Why don’t we go look for the others?” Leo suggested. They went in the opposite direction looking for their friends. Kayla and Leo saw some of their classmates and went to greet them, leaving Daniella alone at the bar.

“Can I have a light beer” Daniella called to the bartender. Daniella didn’t want to get drunk like last time, so she order something that wouldn’t have a heavy effect on her. The bartender swung over the beer to Daniella, she got it and ordered for another one. She noticed a broad figure sitting next to her, she studied his face and realised who it was. “How are you?” Daniella said to break the ice.

“I’m good just here with some girls and some of the team members” Kris said. Daniella nodded and took another sip. She kept looking behind Kris. "Are you looking for someone?" He quieried. Daniella looked down. "I was just wondering...will Luhan be here?" she asked quietly. Kris smiled. "Luhan will be here, he has been going through some things, so don’t mention Suzy's name, okay?” Kris said and left Daniella at the bar alone.

Daniella was confused. Suzy? Daniella couldn’t understand. Is Luhan still hung up on Suzy? Is that why he never called me? Daniella's anger boiled. Daniella called for a shot of straight whisky and then tequila, she drank more and more, doing exactly what she had promised herself not to do. Daniella started to cry, she couldn’t feel more alone especially on a night like New Year’s eve. Her friends at least had someone to share it with, unlike her who was alone at the bar wasting her money on expensive drinks.

Daniella spotted Luhan across from the bar with a couple of shot glasses as well. Her heart started to pound in her chest, she had to take her chance. Luhan turned around, he too was searching for her. He spotted her and they locked eyes. Her heart ached. I don’t know if I can do this. Daniella thought, but her feet started moving regardless. Luhan noticed her get up and walked towards Daniella. They stopped and looked at each other.Luhan's heart started to beat aggressively, if it wasn't for the loud music he was sure that Daniella would have heard it beating. Luhan touched Daniella's cheek making her cry more. “I-umm, you look great” Luhan stuttered.

Daniella chuckled and wiped her tears, she studied Luhan's face and noticed the bags under his eyes. He looks so tired. Daniella thought. “Luhan, I...” Daniella choked, she couldn’t do it, she didn't have the courage to talk to him right now. She had to go, as far away as possible. The crowd started to count down to midnight when Daniella turned around and walked away from Luhan.

Luhan followed Daniella through the crowds of people, he went in front of Daniella and stopped her. “Please don’t go” Luhan begged looking into her eyes. “I need you now” Daniella looked up at Luhan with a glare. Is he trying to replace Suzy with me? Daniella thought. “I’m not replacing you” Luhan said as if he had read her mind. Daniella;s eyes widened. Luhan took a deep breath and closed his eyes. This is it. He thought. “I love you Daniella" Luhan choked. Daniella thought she had heard wrong. "I made a lot of choices during this break. But now that everything is cleared up, I want you to be my girlfriend. I want to be able to take you out on dates and just kiss you all the time. God, I just want to hug you and watch movies with you while you eat all of the snacks within the first 10 minutes.” Luhan confessed and laughed at the last part, it was true.

The crowd counted down from three to one. Luhan leaned in and held the back of Daniella's neck. He leaned into Daniella and kissed her hard like it was like the last time, he wanted to take her breath away. Daniella wrapped her arms around Luhan’s neck, everyone cheered as the New Year began. Daniella pulled away. “No more strings right Luhan?” Daniella breathed. Luhan hummed in reply “Are you really over Suzy?” Luhan smiled and pecked Daniella lips. “I have been over her for a long time now. We just had problems getting out of the relationship” Luhan stated. Daniella didn’t understand what he meant by that, but she quickly forgot when Luhan kissed her again.

“It’s about time you guys!” Leo said making the two pull away from the kiss. They turned red, when they saw their friends surrounding them smiling like idiots.