Chapter Twenty- Six(E)

Secretly a Girl

Chapter Twenty- Six

Way Back Home

 

Luhan and Daniella sat in silence whilst they were stuck in the closet. They both kept looking at their phones hoping that they will magically turn  on. Luhan would glance at Daniel, he noticed he would never look at him and that he kept biting his thumb.

“Do you think we would be stuck here all night?” Luhan asked Daniella. However Daniella just closed her eyes and tried not to think about Luhan. It was starting to get really hard when Luhan would open his mouth every five minutes “I wonder if coach would notice that were gone...” Luhan continued blabbering.

“Shut up, just shut the up!” Daniella shouted at Luhan. Daniella's fist kept tightening and her jaw clenched.

Luhan was taken a back, he had never seen Daniel get so mad. “I don’t understand” Luhan whispered. Daniella looked at Luhan who was looking down “I don’t understand your attitude. What did I do, for you to be so cold and rude to me?” Luhan asked.

Daniella had finally lost it. “You want to know?” Daniella's voice started to rise “You broke my- I mean Daniella's heart. She is my little sister and you can’t just play with her feelings” Daniella crossed her arms.

“Played with her feelings? She is the one who is playing with my feelings!” Luhan shouted making Daniella's mouth hang open.

He can’t be serious. Daniella thought. “If I remember correctly, you two had a thing back at the cottage. What happened, huh? Then the Halloween party Daniella was drunk and you were really going to take advantage of her weren’t you? God, I can’t believe she fell in love with you” Daniella laughed and looked away,she quickly wiped away her tears.

“Daniella loves me?” Luhan asked, he looked at his phone. “I tried calling her back, but she won't answer me” Luhan sighed heavily.

“Daniella is going to forget what you two had, she is going to move on no matter what” Daniella said making Luhan regret everything he did. I wonder if it is too late to get out of this relationship with Suzy Luhan thought.

The door opened, they looked up at the door. They saw an old man in overalls with the name tag 'John' on his chest. The old man scratched his head as he saw the two boys sitting across from each other on the floor “What are you two doing here?” the old man asked.

The two got up, Daniel;a hugged the old man making him jump a bit. “Thank you so much” Daniella said and then walked out of the closet.

Luhan shook the old man's hand and left. The old man looked at the closet then back at the two kids. The old man shook his head “Kids these days” The old man reached for the toilet paper and closed the door.

Daniella re-traced her steps trying to find the group, Luhan followed right behind. “Let's check if the tour bus is still here” Daniella went outside. She stood in front of the museum and looked down the street on both side and didn't see the bus “, they left without us” Daniella cursed.

“It’s okay, we'll just walk back. I remember the way back anyway” Luhan said and then pointed in the direction.

“How do you know the way?” Daniella raised an eyebrow as she walked next to Luhan.

“While everyone was talking on the bus and you were ignoring me. I was looking out of the window remembering certain buildings all the way from the hotel to the museum” Luhan said and Daniella laughed.

They both continued to walk the streets of London. The air was fresh during this time, making the breeze feel nice. It was getting close to lunch making Daniella's stomach grumble. “Can we stop and get something to eat?” Daniella begged.

The two had to stop by a food truck on the side of the street right next to a park “Can we get two orders of the deep fried pickles and jalapeno peppers” Luhan ordered with his perfect English. Daniella was really surprised at how good his English was. Luhan looked at 'Daniel' and noticed the surprise on his face. “My mother wants me to work for the company and we work a lot overseas. I had private English tutors while growing up” Luhan explained.

“I’m very impressed” Daniella said. Afterwards, the two got their food and walked over to a bench to enjoy the food and the beautiful scenery. Daniella enjoyed dunking the deep fried pickles into the ranch dressing. The jalapenos were to die for. “Food trucks always have the best foods” Daniella said and as she took another pickle into he mouth.

“So are you going to tell me about the fight you had over the phone?” Luhan asked. Daniella lowered the platter and swallowed hard, she thought about telling Luhan the truth. Should I tell him? Daniella thought. “Look Daniel we're friends and I want to know what bothers you” Luhan said sincerely.

“It was my father, my real father. My mother remarried a couple years after my father walked out and never came back. I guess he heard I was coming to the country and wants to meet up with me” Daniella said.

Daniella got up and walked to the garbage can, Luhan followed behind. “That’s great, you should go see your dad” Luhan threw out his lunch as well. Both of them continued to walk back in the direction of the hotel. Daniella stayed silent and thought about Luhan's words about seeing his father. “You're going to see your father right?” Luhan asked.

Daniella shrugged her shoulders. “Honestly I don’t thinks so. It's almost been 15 years since he left me and my mom. He had kept in touch by sending gifts and the once in while phone call” Daniella stayed silent for a moment. “I don’t remember what he looks like it's been so long. What's worse is that he broke his promise, he said that he would come back” Daniella really wanted to drop the conversation.

“He left so he could become worthy becoming part of my mom’s family. My mom is rich and my father was dirt poor. He left to make a living for our family, but even after becoming a millionaire he never came back. He tried to buy my love by giving me extravagant gifts but all I wanted was fir him to be next to me blowing out the candles with me” Daniella sighed.

“Daniel see your father, at least he is trying now. Look at me and my father, he never left my mother; but he is always too busy with work that he forgot my birthday last year. My father does not love me, he only sees me as an investment for his company in the future” Luhan's voice started to crack.

“Okay I will give him a call, but that does not mean I will easily accept him into my life” Daniella crossed her arms. Luhan laughed and patted Daniel on the back. “Hey look” Daniella pointed to street full of boutique shops. “Let’s take a look.” Daniella grabbed Luhan's arm and dragged him into a jewelry store.

“Daniel, why are we here? this is for girls” Luhan awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck as a group of girls passed them.

“I want to get something for Daniella” Daniella smirked. Technically I want to get something for myself Daniella thought as she looked at the variety of rings and necklaces. Daniella asked the lady to pull up a tray of rings on the table. Daniella started to try on the rings earning strange looks from the sales lady and Luhan. “Hello Daniella is my twin, which means we have the same size fingers as well” Daniella stated as if it was obvious.

Daniella purchased a simple band ring for her thumb but then there was this necklace that caught her eye. Daniella saw the price and decided not to purchase it. "You can wait out there I'm just going to pay for Suzy's gift. Luhan smiled making Daniella bite her tongue. 

Daniella waited outside while Luhan paid for Suzy's gift. Luhan came out of the shop with a little white bag “So what else do you want to shop for?” Luhan seemed to be in a cheery mood.

Daniella frowned, she definitely was not in the mood anymore. “Let’s just go back to the hotel” Daniella walked in the wrong direction.

“Daniel stop, it's this way” Luhan laughed. Daniella felt embarrassed and turned red; she turned around and followed Luhan.

When they finally reached the hotel, they saw their team at the front lobby and men in police uniforms “You two were have you been?” The coach shouted at Daniel and Luhan. The two police officers left after Daniel and Luhan explained the whole situation to the coach. “Fine, but make sure all of your phones are charged before you leave the hotel” The coach told everyone. He then left to go back to his room.

Taemin went up to Daniella and hugged her tight. “God he had me so worried, you didn’t even call when you got stuck in the closet” Taemin fake sobbed.

Luhan pushed Taemin off of Daniel. “That is enough he can’t breathe” Luhan said making Taemin smirk. “It’s been a long day and I think Daniel and I would like to go back to our room and take a shower and rest” Luhan said. Both Daniella and Luhan went to the elevator and joked about the things what happen.

Taemin and Lay looked at one another and fist pump each other “Next time we should make sure they have their phones charged” Lay said and Taemin nodded.

“Yeah, and we even went back to release them but they weren’t even there” Taemin shook his head and heavily sighed “I’m pretty sure I would've gone looking for them if they weren’t back by dinner” Taemin was so relieved.

“Yeah me too” Lay said as they joined the others out for dinner.