Chapter Twenty-Three (E)

Secretly a Girl

Chapter Twenty-Three

Regret

 

Daniella's eyes shot open, she could feel her stomach turning. Daniella quickly got up and ran to the bathroom, she lifted the toilet seat up and threw up her stomach contents. Daniella flushed the toilet and headed over to the sink to rinse . What did I drink last night? Daniella thought as she rubbed her eyes and slowly walked over to the bed.

Daniella got under the covers and she snuggled into the bed sheets. Luhan moved closer to Daniella and held her waist, he kissed the top of her head. Daniella felt the touches but she didn’t budge until she felt someone kiss her, that's when she opened her eyes and focused on Luhan who was lying next to her. “Oh my God! What the hell!” Daniella shouted and pulled the bed sheets closer to her.

Daniella turned in bed making her roll off the bed. “Relax” Luhan said as he sat up. Daniella looked under the sheet and realized that she was , she looked at Luhan who was also . Daniella put the pieces together We slept together Daniella said in her head. Daniella's breathing started to get heavy as she paced back and forth.

“How can I relax Luhan? We slept to together! You’re dating one of my friends!” Daniella shouted at Luhan. Daniella walked away into her closet and started to get dressed.

“Daniella we didn’t-“ Luhan couldn’t finish his sentence as he kept hearing Daniella say ‘Why do I keep making mistakes’ Luhan was taken back by her comment. She regrets everything we did even though we didn’t do anything.

Luhan watched Daniella come out of her closet, wiping away her tears as she headed to the bathroom “God, Luhan you're with Suzy” Daniella lectured.

“What if I wasn’t with Suzy or if we actually only slept the whole night, would you still regret waking up next to me?” Luhan said making Daniella freeze and think If I wasn’t Daniel, yes a million times yes. Daniella said in her head. However nothing came out. Luhan quickly picked up his clothes and put them on “Glad to know this now, before I ruin my relationship with Suzy” Luhan hissed, as he opened the door and then slammed it shut.

Daniella started to cry, she ran after Luhan “Luhan you didn’t let me answer!” Daniella ran down the stairs, she instantly grabbed Luhan's arm “Please” Daniella begged but Luhan glared at her.

“It shouldn’t have taken you that long to answer, I didn’t regret anything from last night. Just stay away from me!” Luhan turned away and walked out of the mansion. Daniella just stood there on the stairs repeating Luhan's words in her head Just stay away from me.

Daniella ran up the stairs and barged into Sehun's room. She saw her brother and with two girls lying next to him “I’m assuming Suzy rejected your confession” Daniella said mocking Sehun. Daniella woke the girls up and threw their clothes at them. “I slept with him” Daniella said making Sehun automatically sit up.

“Wait I didn’t hear anything last night, are you sure you slept with him? I remember you were really loud with-“  Sehun was cut off by Daniella's hand across his mouth. Sehun removed Daniella's hand “Do you at least remember the night?” Sehun asked making Daniella freeze and her face contort. I remember Sehun giving me that y costume and I remember Luhan walking with Suzy in matching Prince and Princess costumes. But I don’t remember anything after that. Daniella's eyes widened and she then ran out of Sehun's room and into her room. 

Daniella looked at her black and white sheets “They're not stained, Sehun didn’t hear me. Did Luhan and I even sleep together?” Daniella asked herself out loud. “Is that why he asked me if we only slept together would I regret it?” Daniella started to get a really bad feeling. “So Luhan  technically never cheated on Suzy and if I just replied to him; Luhan and I could have possibly been together, I mean he wouldn’t of ask that if he didn’t care about me or thought of us being together” Daniella kept rambling to herself.

Daniella sat on her bed with her head lowered, Sehun passed by and sat on the bed “Do you want me to drive you back to the residents?” Sehun asked.

Daniella's head shot up “But as Daniel or Daniella?” Daniella sighed heavily, she closed her eyes “Luhan is probably worried where Daniel went anyway”.

Daniella got up and changed into boys clothes. When she got out of the closet her brother stood before her and hugged Daniella making her emotional.

“If you can’t get Luhan being Daniella, try being Daniel and force Luhan to break up with Suzy” Sehun said.

Daniella pulled away from the hug, she wiped her tears and rubbed her nose “I don’t want to be the one who causes their relationship to end. I want to be with Luhan but... If we are going to be boyfriend and girlfriend Luhan needs to end it with Suzy” Daniella bit down on her lip.

“If Luhan just cuddled with you through the night, he obviously wants to be with you rather than Suzy” Sehun said but Daniella shook her head.

“I blew it Sehun, I freaked out and Luhan took it the wrong way, he doesn’t want to see me. I’m pretty sure he is set on Suzy being his”. Daniella walked out of her house with Sehun following right behind. Sehun opened the car door for Daniella, he drove Daniella all the way back to the residents without saying a word.

Daniella kept trying to call Luhan but he wouldn’t answer, so Daniella texted him saying how much she loves and wants to be with him. Daniella kept writing how she never regretted a single moment with him and that she was willing to end her friendship with Suzy just to be with him. But Daniella got no reply back, she kept looking at her phone waiting for it to vibrate.

Once they were at the front gate Sehun held Daniella's shoulder before she walked out “If you won’t do it, I will make Suzy cheat on Luhan” Sehun said making Daniella roll her eyes.

When Daniella walked into the hallway as Daniel, she saw a bunch of people in front of her room. “What’s going on?” Daniella asked. He could hear Suzy and Luhan shouting at one another.

“Apparently the perfect couple is having an argument" a boy said. Daniella heard Suzy shout "You kissed her!" Daniella knew they were fighting about what happened at the Halloween party. Daniella was afraid that Suzy had seen them or if Luhan had just simply told her the truth.

“Leave” Daniella said with a stern voice. Slowly the crowd broke apart leaving Daniella alone in front of the door. Daniella breathed slowly as she held the door knob and opened the door. She walked in and the couple stopped and looked at 'Daniel'.

“Where have you been?” Luhan asked.

Before Daniella could say something Suzy was already walking out of the door “Tell your sister she can have Luhan all to herself” Suzy said with tears running down her cheeks.

Daniella couldn’t help but feel guilty “Let me fix this” Daniella said and ran after Suzy. Suzy was fast, as she ran out the building but slowly walked to her dorm “Suzy!” Daniella shouted at her. Daniella finally caught up to her “Hey what's the matter?” She questioned.

Suzy sniffled and rubbed her nose. “I asked where Luhan went last night and he told me that he passed out with your sister. I wasn't really upset but I wanted to know if they did anything” Suzy bit her lip.

Daniella sighed, she couldn’t stand to see the hurt on Luhan's face. Daniella felt guilty that he was sad because of her and now Suzy. “Daniella kissed Luhan, he was only taking care of my drunk sister. He was doing what I told him to do” Daniella lied. She could see the little sparkle in Suzy's eyes.

“So Luhan never cheated on me?” Suzy asked, her voice full of hope.

“No” Daniella lied but she could see how relieved Suzy was. “However Sehun shouldn’t get teased, Suzy stop being with Luhan. I know you love my brother, I know what you told Daniella at the dinner party. Why Luhan?” Danielal asked but before Suzy could answer, the two could hear Luhan shouting Suzy's name down the road.

Once Luhan was 3 feet away, Suzy pushed Daniella out of the way and hugged Luhan. “Its okay, Luhan I forgive you. You were just doing your job” Suzy said as she tightened her hug. Suzy pulled away from Luhan “Promise me you will look only at me and love only me” Suzy said.

Luhan looked at Daniella, they made eye contact “I promise” Luhan said and kissed Suzy. Daniella closed her eyes. Enough of this Daniella, he not worth chasing after if he has given up on you. She thought to herself and walked back to the dorm.

Half an hour later, Luhan was back at the dorm. “Man I don’t know what you did but thanks” Luhan patted Daniella on the back. Daniella didn’t say a word, she just grabbed some clothes and headed into the bathroom to take a shower.

Luhan took his phone out, he noticed that there was 7 missed calls and 30 messages from an unknown number. Luhan was not able to check his phone because he was arguing with Suzy since he had got home. I wonder whose number this is. Luhan pondered as he pressed the re-dial button. Luhan could hear a soft ringing in the background, slowly he followed the ringing to 'Daniel's' bedside table. Luhan opened the drawer and found Daniella's phone ringing.

Daniella stepped out of the shower, she could hear her phone ringing making her quickly change into her clothes and get out the bathroom. She noticed Luhan was by her bed, holding onto her phone. “Hey!” Daniella shouted as she quickly took the phone from Luhan's hand.

“Did your sister try to call me?” Luhan queried.

Daniella bit down on her lip. “Yeah I went to go see her this morning, she wanted to talk to you” Daniella lied hoping Luhan would believe it.

“Oh okay” Luhan said blankly which hurt Daniella. That was all he said after I poured my feelings out to him. Daniella thought. Nonetheless, Luhan had just read the text message which made him regret staying with Suzy.