Chapter 1

Iridescent Optimism

                                                               CHAPTER 1

                                                     BLUEBERRIES AND DEERS


Sehun brushed the fringe at the side of his khaki grey hair, his head suit in place giving access for the brush to completely take the strand of flaw away. His eyes were bloodshot crimson, he was completely fighting himself from drowsiness, so that he could actually have something to feed for himself and hopes..

Hopes that.....

He could have a chance

Even just once.

A chance.

To live another day.

He's getting distracted by his surroundings, he won't waste his time on such a thing like that. He's getting pretty weak and he knows that if he throws away a single second, he feels like he would also be wasting his chance. His only chance and dream.

The boy wiped a tear that came out of his right eye, and continued preparing himself. 
He straightened his worn out shirt and shorts frowning at the thought of sewing them more than once because of the torn silk located near its hem. 

He cleaned his dirty combat boots and wore them on his feet.

He knocked on the wall and signals that he was going to go hunting.

Again..

And he loathes doing it.

Killing animals for a living.

It disgusted him.


He hears the clank of beer bottles and foot steps coming towards his direction.
His dad was a drug addict and a smoker. While his mom wastes her time doing whatnots with her beer bottles.

"Hey !! You leaving again ??" Her mother slurred her words out.

"Come here and let me give you something before you go." His father demanded.

" What is it?" Sehun asked innocently, he was soft hearted.

He never snaps.

He comes closer. A step, Two steps, Three and Four.

Sehun faces his built father. His eyes full of curiosity.

SLAP

A hard hand came in contact with his cheek, Sehun touches it, it was still burning. 

And it hurts like .

" Don't even think of loitering around with other fags like you! Or I would drag you by the hair and punish you down the streets!! Got it motherer??!!" His dad shouts.

And he sees her mother smirking.

" I understand dad." Sehun said nodding his head.

" Now go and bring us some money when you get back!!" His father forcefully tugged on his hair and threw him outside of the house.. 

Cold on the streets.

He understands why he was treated like that. Seems like his parents have a different way of expressing their love.

He believes that they still care for him.

Just a bit.

He smiled.

 

"Im not going to let them pity me. Fighting Oh Sehun!!!" And his cheerful self surfaced back again.

===============================

Sehun's piercing gaze shot through. Eyes pointed straight on the target.

A Deer.

He can't bring himself to kill a ing deer.

Helpless piece of crap. 

The animal reminds him of someone he knows.

Someone who was popular.

Some one he adores.

He was a spoiled little brat.

He was a pretty little prince.

He was....

Lu...


to the freaking Han.

He set those distractions aside and raised his advanced arrow straight at his peripheral view.

'Shoot straight through its heart, 
Don't let that er get away.' He thought.

He touched the arrow's tip to make sure that it was sharp enough to kill his prey.

Once he finishes, he defined his gaze strongly. 

His arms adjusting his bow.

'A little more to the right, move a centimeter to the left, take a meter step back.'

Sehun smirked.

Perfect. 

He averted his hands and stretched his right arm back. His left one beautifully resting on his frontal gaze.

He blows to his ashy grey bangs,

With much force, he released his arrow.

Shoot.

The thing went straight to its heart.

And Sehun doesn't know if he should be happy, or feel guilty about it. 

Happy that he could actually receive much more income than he did yesterday.

Or guilty because he killed a living thing.

He just thanked God that he wasn't buddhist.

Or he would've been kicked out already.

He ran towards the piece of meat and slung the thing across his shoulder. Wincing at its weight. 

" . The did you eat earlier you useless mother er!?!" Sehun sneered, but laughed at the thought of having extra pay because of how big his catch was.

He chose to be happy.

And now, guilt was crawling its way out of his head.

• • • • • • • • • • • 

While Sehun was walking around the thick forest of Seoul,

He spotted blue dots from afar. Resting all over the trees, almost painting it purple because of its mass quantity..

Blueberries. 

Sehun smiled.

The Prince's favorite.

He stretched his hands out for 
the big plant and plucked as much berries as he can to store on his basket. 

He counted upon 200 of them stacked on his wooden container. 

After satisfying himself with eating some that were left hanging on the tree, he picked his catch and basket, then settled again to the marketing center of Seoul. 

He arrives at a shady looking spot, 
His eyes searching for a particular granpa in his sixties. 

'Where are you granpa???' He thought.

He spotted a grey haired fellow under the table. Right upfront.

"Old man, jeeebbaaaal.... Stop scaring me." Sehun pouted and slammed the deer on the slaughter table.

JunSam chuckled and took out his eye spectacle.

"Kid, seems you got lucky today!!! What a bountiful catch, young lad!!"
He said amazed by the thing on his table.

Sehun blinked and was flustered
"I-i.. just saw the deer lingering at the forest. Nothing much of a story."
He shrugged with a pink tint on both of his cheeks.

"Well, our deal is 100 silver coins per kilo, if I must say" Junsam said, carrying the deer to the weighing scale.

"Hah! Must be your lucky day! You got a 36 kilo deer for good!!" 

Junsam slammed 3,600 silver coins packed on a sack above the steel coffee table. Its coins reflecting out of the hole emitted from the bag's loose knit.

SeHun's eyes sparkled, astonished. He picked his earn and thanked the old man before exiting the slaughter shop.

He met a pair of light hazel creepy eyes directed on him.

Dirty . Run.

He sprinted as fast as he could. Pushed into a vast ocean of people crowding all over the square. He tripped a couple of times. Bananas being the main reason why. But of course, a skinny boy like him has no match for a built giant which now appeared in front of his view.

Wait what????

He was there, in FRONT of him. Damn Good Ding dongs. 

Spare me.

SeHun absentmindedly thought.

Then, all of a sudden, the guy did a 1000 watt smile, which actually is pretty creepy for SeHun, but, its just the way the stranger's husband, Baekhyun likes it. 

Well, we can't actually protest.
Different people differ from each other.
Or birds with the same feathers are the same birds, right? (LOL)

SeHun stood up with the help of the man and scratched his neck. In his arms, the flawless basket swayed unharmed.

"Chanyeol hyung, what do you want? I was about to give these berries for you to sell in your motel, since youre the most famous tycoon and all, but gosh I'm 18 and those eyes of yours still creeps the outta me so I ran away." SeHun hung his head low, apologizing for the actions that he did earlier.

"Hyung, Mianhae." He bowed and whispered.

"Eh, Sehun-ah, its okay. But can you do me a favor??" Chanyeol asked.

"Of course you can rely on me hyung!" SeHun flashes his eyesmile with all his might.

"So, I have a problem here, you know I'm going to attend a company meeting later on and I'm sorry, I can't deliver your berries." Sehun's face fell. 

"D-dont cry!! I'm going to give you the money tomorrow because I'm running late on time now, I really need to go!! It's important. So can you please deliver the berries Sehunnie?" SeHun's jaw went down at Chanyeol's aegyo. 

Yuck. 

"Hyung hyung!! Ok I will!! But just d-dont ever d-do that a-again. Pffft!! Ahahhahah!! Asdfghjklwerrujndn!!!!!! IT'S PRICELESS !!!SeHun said, not able to control his laughter. 

"Aiiishh you ungrateful bastard!!" Chanyeol puts SeHun's skull on a headlock. He ruffled his hair and scampered away.

"Hyung! Wait! Where should I deliver the berries??" SeHun shouted.

"Oh those ones?" Chanyeol asked pointing to the basket.

"No. The ones which are on that woman's container." SeHun pointed to the fruits on the woman's hands. 

"Well?" SeHun said sarcastically.

"Stop being such a diva! And which particular person do you think the berries would go??" Chanyeol winked and motioned SeHun to come closer.

He whispered a place, and a certain name. 

By the time Chanyeol finished, SeHun's face was already on the floor.

----------------/////////------------

He didnt know why he was at the back of the prince's mansion, the blueberries dangling on one arm. The other one hovering on the wooden door. Ready to knock.

Sehun braced himself.

He was going to see his idol.

He was going to see the prince.

 

He was going to see Luhan.

He gulped his saliva one last time.
He reached the wood, and flattened his palm against it, feeling the coldness of the furniture against his skin.

Sehun molded them into fists. He gave a reassuring knock. 

Knock.Knock.Knock.

Hana.

Dul.

Set.


"Get the out Princess!!! You !!" LuHan's booming voice went to Sehun's ears. 

What?

" Prince LuHan is a Jerk!! That's why everyone you meet leaves you all alone!!!

Alone. The princess said. Which Sehun recognized to be HaeRin, The Royal Heir of the East. 

Prince Luhan's weekly Girlfriend.

Her gown was basically torn and her expensive linen corset was untied. That explains why Luhan was just in his long sleeved silk cloth that has three gaps ed, showing a piece of milky white skin and hickeys, and his brown shorts were on. The prince was barefooted and vulnerable.

'That must be the result of their activity.'

'I dont even want to know.' Sehun sneered

"No they don't!!! They just get tired....." Luhan was on the verge of tears .

" Say what you want Prince, no wonder you only think about yourself. Kiss the sand." The princess kicked dirt all over Luhan's face.

' How dare she??? ' Sehun thought.

Luhan broke down on the ground and bawled.

He whispered a mantra over and over again, which Sehun realized as.

'' No ... no.... They're just tired... tired ... tired...tired. "

Up until Sehun could hear words of....

"Hopeless....Lonely.....Disgusting....Worthless piece of !!"

The princess passed by him. And SeHun gave a look of disgust and managed to stretch his left leg out .

So HaeRin tripped over.

'Have fun with that .' Sehun whispered.

She glared at him, but he was too busy whistling random songs while focusing his eyes on the clouds, pretaining it as the most interesting thing ever to be seen.

The princess scoffed and ran home. Completely embarrased.

SeHun smirked and went over to Luhan.

He was still crying, so Sehun tapped on the Prince's shoulders.

"U-umm. Your higness???" Sehun asked. Luhan forcefully shrugged his shoulders out of Sehun's grio and shouted in chinese.

"What the do you want!!??"

' this. I was sure he was Korean. Really??? You're freaking Chinese?.' Sehun thought, he did'nt understand a freaking thing about what Luhan just said. Though SeHun did'nt even process a word that LuHan blabbered, He pulled the basket up, its sides were tainted blue because of fruit. The juice of the crushed ones dropping from the slits of the basket.

Luhan's eyes narrowed...

 

 

"B-blueberries?" The stuttering SeHun asked. Now afraid of the human being in front of him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ahihihihihi :D First Chappie is Out guys!!!

Sooooorry for the long wait!!!

And I know it's a crappy one. :)

It'll get better... I promise...
 

LOVE U ALL!! MWAAAHHH!!!

Please do comment on what you think about it. :)

Subscribe if you love Hunhan!!